Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
So you guys really should start taking me seriously when I say hurt is scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
We walked to get food at a local Chinese place where you can order online, but they were closed even though our order went through. So, we stopped at an Ethiopian place nearby and waited a while for our food. When we got home, we found out they gave us the wrong food, so I went to get it fixed. Then I was hungry so I ate a bunch and I am sorry I missed the deadline. I really thought Met was scum though.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

It was either Met, me or Quid. I had no qualms with the vote. Of course I would be a little happier if he was scum. Why weren't you scum, Met??

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Puntification posted:

So you guys really should start taking me seriously when I say hurt is scum.

I mean, you don't have anything to support this. It could easily be Murmur Twin, or Somber, or Exakt could be lying. Or it could be me. Why isn't it me?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Town result from an uncounterclaimed cop.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ok that makes sense.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Dr. Hurt posted:

It was either Met, me or Quid. I had no qualms with the vote. Of course I would be a little happier if he was scum. Why weren't you scum, Met??

:negative:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Quidnose posted:

I mean, you don't have anything to support this. It could easily be Murmur Twin, or Somber, or Exakt could be lying. Or it could be me. Why isn't it me?
Even if I wasn't willing to give you the benefit of the doubt given exakt's claim I couldn't convince people to lynch you without the investigation result and when you were self-voting. No one would believe me that you're scum now anyway.

Quidnose posted:

ALTHOUGH:

Lynching Exakt might be the best course of action, because with a cop flip he confirms me as town. Whereas lynching Met is a shot in the dark and lynching me does nothing to confirm Exakt.
I do want to say this is a terrible post on multiple levels though, 1, you wouldn't be confirmed as godfather is a role, and 2, even if it did confirm you in the absence of a doc you'd basically guarantee yourself getting NKed immediately afterwards.

But anyway, it's pretty obvious with opop dead we'll find out if exakt is lying or not come morning, but if you look at hurt's case on him it's all about his inability to substantiate his reads well (mystery solved) and how a person who's played the least number of games of all of us isn't the best at contributing, he was actively pushing him on pretty weak grounds. The way he refused to vote you is why I came to think he was a PR even before he claimed, hurt votes him soon after that post, he also directed you all to met and look how well that turned out.

Also I suspect you didn't give much credence to my cases on hurt due to our mutual animosity, take a serious look at hurt.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Yeah, sorry for waiting until so late to claim. This was my first game playing a power role and I panicked.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Also, take a look at Somber. I'm not a huge fan of meta arguments, but in our last game he said that he was confident that he'd have no problem picking out newbie scum. This is my second game and he didn't give any second thought to calling me scum. He also thinks Hurt is town and went after Met hard.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

Also, take a look at Somber. I'm not a huge fan of meta arguments, but in our last game he said that he was confident that he'd have no problem picking out newbie scum. This is my second game and he didn't give any second thought to calling me scum. He also thinks Hurt is town and went after Met hard.

Wasn't I also scum in that game?

I genuinely thought that Met was scummy as an aside from anything else. Today is going to be rough, it's going to be a process of elimination more than anything.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
"Okay, I have another idea!" The other writers groaned.

A few weeks ago this strange man showed up at the studio and claimed to be a new writer for the show. The other writers wanted to get rid of him, but he was the son of the head of the studio, so they had to endure his ideas, and they were weird ones.

Every story he pitched involve bizarre transformations. People and ships being forced to turn into animals. He got this weird glint in his eye when he talked about it. He had been responsible for the one episode of Next Generation where they all de-evolve. The other writers would catch him watching that episode in the back room on his phone, over and over again, a creepy smile on his face.

Naturally, when he spoke up they were concerned.

"So you know how they always say you can't go beyond Warp 9, right? That it never hits Warp 10?"

"Actually in the original series they go beyond warp 10 several ti..."

"THEY NEVER GO BEYOND WARP 10!" The strange man screamed, "Well what if this time they hit warp 10 and they super-evolve?! They turn into salamanders and Janeway and Paris have salamander babies!"

"Isn't that the same as the TNG episode you're always watching?"

"No, it's absolutely different, and here is why..." but mercifully the phone rings. The strange man has been called away by his father, apparently they need to have a talk about an incident involving some local pets.

The man leaves the room and is never seen by the writing staff again. They all agree to never tell anyone about his awful idea.

Puntification, Super Evolved Salamander People, Delta Quadrant aligned Mason, was rejected for production N2.

It is now Day 3.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I got roleblocked.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Also I am totally comfortable with a ##vote Dr. Hurt

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Okay, so eleven players probably means two scum, yeah? So with seven alive and four to lynch, we have one more day before lylo presuming there's not another killing role, which seems safe.

While Godfather is a role, I believe we should trust the result as it is. Honestly I think we should deal with Rarity here. I know there's a chance she could be modkilled but I don't want to take the chance and bring a complete unknown into lylo.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Dr. Hurt (1): EXAKT Science

Not Voting (6): Dr. Hurt, Murmur Twin, Pinterest Mom, Quidnose, Rarity, Somberbrero

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 15th, 2014 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 days, 10 hours.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Exakt, you should unvote.

Somberbrero posted:

Okay, so eleven players probably means two scum, yeah? So with seven alive and four to lynch, we have one more day before lylo presuming there's not another killing role, which seems safe.

While Godfather is a role, I believe we should trust the result as it is. Honestly I think we should deal with Rarity here. I know there's a chance she could be modkilled but I don't want to take the chance and bring a complete unknown into lylo.
This is the first post I've seen from you that I don't like (and I dislike it a lot)

Why are you assuming 2 scum? 3 is just as likely for 11 players, and that would put us at lylo today.

Do you think Rarity is scum?
How do you want us to "deal" with her?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Okay fine but I still think he's scum.

##unvote

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

So where are we on everyone?

Rarity: ???
Murmur Twin: Floaty, non-comittal opportunistic play
Exakt, Quid: Both acted scummy, but uncounterclaimed cop/town result
Dr. Hurt: The case against him is, what, appearance of contributing while mostly just poking at easy targets? Punt was coming at him today, I don't know if that's relevant (i usually think it's not)
Somber: I've liked somber based solely on a gut/meta read (we were scum buds in a recent game and i think i picked up a lot of his scumtells then?). Someone else make the case against him.
Pinterest Mom: Someone else will have to do this one.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Exakt, you should unvote.

This is the first post I've seen from you that I don't like (and I dislike it a lot)

Why are you assuming 2 scum? 3 is just as likely for 11 players, and that would put us at lylo today.

Do you think Rarity is scum?
How do you want us to "deal" with her?

Well that's an important distinction. 11 is a weird point for games. We know the scum have at least a roleblocker, town roles so far seem to just be Cop/Doc/Mason. Two scum makes a little more sense to me but I'm willing to admit I could be wrong.

I don't know Rarity is scum, but I don't know anything about her. I have town reads on so many of the remaining people that I'm at a loss, so this seems more probable. I really don't want to take her into lylo, and if she eats a modkill as town and we lynch town as well, I think that's game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I agree with everything Pin posted above. I think we seriously need to consider Rarity for meta reasons if nothing else(a modkill could cost us the game), but if I had to take a chance it would be on Murmur Twin.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
:ghost: freedom! See you in hell you ding dongs! :ghost:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I've reconsidered, I feel Murmur Twin is our best bet for today. Rarity does seem like the safest play, but if Pin is right and there are three scum then that's game. I also feel very confident about Murmur now, looking at her post history.

There's a persistent tone throughout Murmur's posts that I find troubling. Most arguments she engages with are ultimately defensive or deflective. The brunt of her scumhunting seems to be targeted at Rarity, my theory being that Rarity is her absent scumbuddy.

Granted, I glazed over some of the back-and-forth between Quidnose and Friends, but I don't think anyone has been as persistent in their suspicion of Rarity. Yet, Murmur has never voted for Rarity. Murmur decided to vote Pinterest over Rarity. Why?

Murmur Twin posted:

Scumclaim! ##vote Pinterest Mom

Seriously though who do you think is scum and why? I went to go case you and couldn't find anything so I'm happy leaving my vote here for now.

Does that, in any way, sound like stronger reasoning than this?

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm wondering if you guys can explain this a bit better? At least Quidnose had rationale for voting for me - granted, it was weak, but it's only D1. Rascyc voting for him and then Rarity quickly following suit seems far fishier to me than anything Quid did.

Murmur Twin posted:

Read the thread front to back taking quick notes and got:

Quidnose - first one to attempt scumhunting, seems like frustrated town to me
Punt - advancing scumhunting the most. feels town
Somber - advancing scumhunting. feels town
Rasc - reasons for the attack on quid feel faked
Rarity - explanation for jumping on rasc's vote seemed suspicious
PMom - I didn't understand his one long game post :350:
Hurt - agree with his points re: rascyc; null read
Opop - lurky, town vibe
Exakt Science - lurky, scum vibe
Met - lurky, scum vibe

All of this stuff is first impressions and subject to change; if anyone wants me to go more in detail about anyone specific feel free to name names. I'm going to start with Rascyc/Punt/Hurt (who I respectively think are scum/town/???

For now I'll ##vote Rascyc but I'm around.

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm very suspicious of Rarity based on her low content. She thinks Somb and Quid are scum but I don't understand why she thinks this. I'm not going to vote because we have time before deadline for her to change my mind, but right now she'd be my first choice.

Murmur Twin posted:

The vote was a joke on the word "scum" in PMom's post, partially inspired by:

while simultaneously saying "I think PMom's lurking is scummy".

My read on you was "hasn't posted any indication of who he thinks is scum other than a vague attack on Quid and hammering Rasc". Your posting a bit more had me convinced (and ready to make the same "vote until you post more" sentiment to Rarity) but

Quid has a pretty good point here that I would like to see addressed first.

The whole game, she has been the only person consistently advancing suspicion on Rarity, but she never backs it with a vote. She never pushes it, and is content to siderail on Pinterest because ??? It's inconsistent and it makes sense as a scum play.

I could pick apart her posts all day, but I think you see the point I'm making. I should have picked up on this sooner but I was not giving the game the attention it deserved. ##vote Murmur Twin

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
We're in LYLO. I'm the tracker and having so many PRs means 3 scum for sure. I got roleblocked N1 and tracked Hurt N2 (he went nowhere). I'm sorry I've played so poo poo this game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Ah damnit. That tears things a bit.

If Rarity is telling the truth and Hurt went nowhere, there are a couple possibilities. The Scum Team would be Murmur, Pinterest, and Hurt or Quid. Roles would be Roleblocker/Goon and Godfather respectively. That is hard for me to accept. I was just scum with Pin and I feel like he's been on point this game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
on one hand, most of the case i built on murmur plays off of rarity as scum. on the other hand, even if rarity is town, i'm feeling sure about murmur due to process of elimination/tone.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##unvote While I think. We need a mass-claim. I'm VT.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Actually, day-three lylo is kind of bullshit, though.

Rarity who did you try to track night one?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Somberbrero posted:

Actually, day-three lylo is kind of bullshit, though.

Rarity who did you try to track night one?

You.

And this isn't the first game I've seen with 11 players and 3 scum

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rarity posted:

You.

And this isn't the first game I've seen with 11 players and 3 scum

That doesn't jive with your posting, as town. I don't think I trust you Rarity. Who are the scrum?

Day three lylo is really rough though. Doc/Cop/Masons/Tracker doesn't tilt the balance far enough towards town to justify that. It also feels weird that you're so sure.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Somberbrero posted:

That doesn't jive with your posting, as town. I don't think I trust you Rarity. Who are the scrum?

Day three lylo is really rough though. Doc/Cop/Masons/Tracker doesn't tilt the balance far enough towards town to justify that. It also feels weird that you're so sure.

I think it's you, Hurt and either PM or MT.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I see.

Yeah, I feel like I nailed it. MT and Rarity are Alphas. Someone come tell me how good I am at Mafia.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Hurt hasn't posted all day. That seems weird. Is it weird?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hurt is a newly minted school teacher, so he can't come on SA during the day. That seems normal.

Somberbrero posted:

I see.

Yeah, I feel like I nailed it. MT and Rarity are Alphas. Someone come tell me how good I am at Mafia.

I don't know what an alpha is? But I do think that MT is hands-down the most suspicious person so :shobon:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

Hurt hasn't posted all day. That seems weird. Is it weird?

Not particularly. I rarely post at all on weekends, I'm sure he's just busy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

Scum:

You are Alpha Quadrant aligned. You are desperately trying to get the starship Voyager home and end this pointless and meandering journey whatever way you can. You win when you control the vote and the show is cancelled.

Possible 3P: ????????

ty pint. could you claim while you're here?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh, i thought it was maybe werewolf slang imported into mafia~

my claim is vanilla.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Pinterest Mom posted:

Hurt is a newly minted school teacher, so he can't come on SA during the day. That seems normal.

Oh, that makes sense then.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Well ##vote Murmur Twin let's see what happens with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Somb, unvote, we have lots of time.

• Locked thread