Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I can~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
I'm pretty sure I can.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Yes.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

I think we have a consensus. We'll be playing tonight, Friday, October 24th at 7 PM PST.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

As a reminder, there is no game this week. We will return next week with the dramatic conclusion to The Scouring of Gate Pass. Well, maybe it'll be dramatic. Hard to say. Check again later.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

As promised, game is on for tonight. 7 PM PST, the conclusion to the first adventure looms!

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Hey, my birthday is tomorrow, I get an extra feat right? I'll take Fury of the Storm if you don't mind.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Hey, my birthday is tomorrow, I get an extra feat right? I'll take Fury of the Storm if you don't mind.

lol

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Oh sure, just let me fire up Fantasy Grounds and look up that fe....WAIT HOLD ON A MINUTE.

Feats must be earned, preferably by pulling them out of the entrails of imperial tyrants.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Looks like I can make it as well.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
I might be like half an hour or so late, I'm not sure yet. Feel free to start without me.

Edit: Nm, I won't be late.

Flame112 fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 6, 2014

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Coming in hot, will need to take a call later. Today has been sheeeeesh

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
So we got XP and treasure blah blah blah WE ALSO GOT NEW FOLLOWERS OF AVANDRA ALL PRAISE BE TO HER.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
If you want to, you can give the goblin the equivalent of a 15 minute dominate in archery, just to keep things balanced. Maybe he aims for 3 rounds then just up and kills two guys.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Gharbad the Weak posted:

If you want to, you can give the goblin the equivalent of a 15 minute dominate in archery, just to keep things balanced. Maybe he aims for 3 rounds then just up and kills two guys.

Quite the entourage you guys now have. Torrent, Haddin, Crystin, and now Gug. I'll need to make sure that the least important NPC of all future encounters has a name and backstory for the inevitable capture/interrogate/convert-to-Avandra that ensues.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Well, with inherent bonuses, we don't collect equipment, so we collect people.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Well, with inherent bonuses, we don't collect equipment, so we collect people.

Clearly the situation calls for the Duty Officer system from Star Trek Online. We're taking this game in a whole new direction.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Ok, I don't know what that is, but I'm in. Please explain this system.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Ok, I don't know what that is, but I'm in. Please explain this system.

It's an extremely Farmville-esque time-gated system designed to represent what everyone else on a Starfleet ship who isn't the bridge crew is up to. You accumulate a small army (I think it caps at 50) of various staff (engingeers, doctors, security officers, diplomats, councilors, bartenders, etc.) and can send them on missions lasting from a few minutes to many hours. Each officer has a few traits like Ambitious, Clever, Loyal, Untrustworthy which can alter the success chance based upon the mission. Missions usually reward some kind of currency (Star Trek Online has something like five difference currencies), and the missions can form whole chains where you keep having to send more and more staff on harder missions to get the big payoff near the end.

All of which would be fine and dandy, except at one point they expanded the system where you could also have your duty officers permanently parked on your ship, which gave constant buffs to whatever you did on ground or in space. Kind of like Quentin. Some of these buffs were and still are hilariously imbalanced, to the point of having whole builds revolve around first acquiring a few purple-level duty officers. It's pretty ridiculous.

That said, if you guys end up really rolling with an entourage and want it to be a thing, I am prepared to roll with that. Bolting on additional subsystems is hella fun - I once ran an Exalted game where the Twilight engineer got to have his own little tech tree to rebuild a broken First Age city.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I had no plan on acquiring so many persons and I have no immediate plans. Erik has a plan.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
You wouldn't have to worry about making up new henchmen if you gave me, like, just 10 more dailies/day

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Gharbad the Weak posted:

You wouldn't have to worry about making up new henchmen if you gave me, like, just 10 more dailies/day

I'm sure we can make that happen.

Summon Pure Water (1/day)
Summon Untainted Meat (1/day)
Conjure 10' Pole (1/day)
Launder Clothes (1/day)
Ruin Delicate Shoes (1/day)

You were planning on taking the homebrew paragon path The Manservant, right?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Erik's plan:

http://youtu.be/ZpJlvlhqB64

Erik = Old Black Deacon

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Am down to party with fellow followers of Avandra.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

Herr Tog posted:

Am down to party with fellow followers of Avandra.

Tomorrow, I hope.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Flame112 posted:

Tomorrow, I hope.

I'm too busy remembering soldiers today. With my poppy of course! Do Americans have something similar to Remembrance day?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Cerepol posted:

I'm too busy remembering soldiers today. With my poppy of course! Do Americans have something similar to Remembrance day?

Yes! Veteran's Day. I'm usually get drunk

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

It's that time of the week again, we'll be playing tonight Wednesday, November 12th at 7 PM PST. With Gate Pass finally left behind, our heroes (and assorted hangers-on) descend into the Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar.

Storm mages are forecasting highs in the upper 90s or low triple digits, so be sure to dress accordingly. Light colored linens are ideal, with seersucker suits offering a +2 circumstance bonus to both Endurance and Diplomacy checks due to just how dapper you look.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

kaynorr posted:

It's that time of the week again, we'll be playing tonight Wednesday, November 12th at 7 PM PST. With Gate Pass finally left behind, our heroes (and assorted hangers-on) descend into the Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar.

Storm mages are forecasting highs in the upper 90s or low triple digits, so be sure to dress accordingly. Light colored linens are ideal, with seersucker suits offering a +2 circumstance bonus to both Endurance and Diplomacy checks due to just how dapper you look.

Google tells me that is quite hot so drat. I'm going to travel by disc for this leg of the journey.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Full stats on our goblin friend pls

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Make him a 4th level PC ranger obviously.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

He'll probably stay at whatever his current level (three or four) is for the forseeable future, but in the event of a PC death if someone wants to play Gug The Goblin Ranger he can go through ranger school in a hurry to be whatever is needed. Basically everyone in the entourage can be drafted as a replacement PC with the exception of Haddin (the adventure explicitly says Don't Let Anyone Play Haddin, for GMs who have never run games with mind control before).

I, by comparison, have had full-on intraparty PvP where posthypnotic suggestion was the primary weapon - I have no fear.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

kaynorr posted:

the adventure explicitly says Don't Let Anyone Play Haddin, for GMs who have never run games with mind control before

"because you certainly don't want the agency of (n)PCs violated by an encounter power constantly, that would be annoying."

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Gharbad the Weak posted:

"because you certainly don't want the agency of (n)PCs violated by an encounter power constantly, that would be annoying."

NPC agency I could give a gently caress about, but mind controlling PCs only works in very specific circumstances with groups that really trust each other. In other words, entirely inappropriate for almost any form of D&D.

Haddin is an interesting character, it's like he wandered in from some other game entirely and doesn't entirely fit.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Let's play 5 times a week READY GO

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Jeegan's current magic items are a Reinforcing Plate Armor +1, a Phylactery of Action, an Ironskin Belt, and Wildrunners boots, right? I'm revising my wishlist and I'm not completely sure what slots I already have filled.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

kaynorr posted:

Haddin is an interesting character, it's like he wandered in from some other game entirely and doesn't entirely fit.

It is almost like a test to see if the part are nice guys, murderous good guys or evil as poo poo

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
For the record, the other game I played, they just completely put up with Haddin's bullshit.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Like...didn't even tell him to shut the gently caress up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
They took his side when he dominated my character for daring to suggest something completely not insane which I don't want to spoil.

• Locked thread