Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Neo New York City, 20XX

Cayden Fujitawa-Romney sits peacefully on his Aeron Egg. Sipping from his Pepsi True(C) bottle the thought pops into his head that life is good and it's all thanks to global warming. Yeah the changes were drastic, but thanks to some good old fashioned ingenuity and the combined technological knowhow of his Intrellex Technologies and the TechnoRepublic of Cyberia everything worked out for the best. The drastic terraforming and weather controls put into place saved billions and made him billions in the process. Not even the sibling combo of Credenza and Gorb Gates can beat him on the "Wealthiest Humans on and off the Planet" list! Cayden activated his hover controls and prepared to travel from his study pod to the bedroom - where he was sure to have a peaceful rest.

The Middle of the Pacific Ocean, the same 20XX

Bubbles have begun to form in a small corner of the ocean rarely trawled by anything except for a few random cargo ships. These bubbles start slowly but begin to surge faster and faster and with an ever-expanding number. It's obvious to any sea life around that some poo poo is going down - or rather RAISING UP. In a matter of hours an island the size of Louisiana has rose from the depths. That would be strange enough, but even stranger is how fast the island becomes filled with life and vegetation - some of which had never been seen before. If scientists knew about the island before the events below occurred they would have noticed the soil's strange composure - almost filled with gamma radiation - and how it mutated the organisms that flopped on its shore.

The Island, now named MONSTER ISLAND, the same 20XX but a few days later

Once again something strange is happening on this mysterious island. As if it were a magical plot device it seems to call out to special individuals. All manner of monster, robot, outer space creature, mutant, and other gigantic things seem drawn to the space. While nobody knows how it is all happening, they all know the reason they are being summoned.

THEY
MUST
BATTLE

Welcome to CLASH AT MONSTER ISLAND - A Capitalist Pig and Eight Dollars collabo!
This will be a 23 player game and you probably don't want to miss this, I mean seriously, come out of retirement for this.

In the words of the poster for Clash of the Titans, "Titans Will Clash" for the fate of the world. Some of the 23 players will be trying to save the Planet(-aligned). Other players will be evil and want only for pure Destruction(-aligned). Still others may have their own plans for this radical rock we all call Monster Island. As this is a CPig game there will be some role craziness and like all 8bux games the majority of your flavor doesn't matter in the least. Go crazy with it!

SA rules and standard mafia rules apply: no talking out of thread, no copy-pasting PMs, no toxxing, no editing,No joke fake rear end day actions either you fucks!

Some specifics:
Days will generally be 24 - 72 hours
Nights will be 24ish hours or earlier depending on when actions come in.
Deadlines will generally be between 10pm and midnight EST
Try not to lurk, I'm a little more lenient than many mods but if you dont say words in the thread in 48 rl hours ill probably be bothering or replacing you (After day 2 I will modkill instead of replace)
Lynches will be assigned randomly and announced at the beginning of each day, they will either be plurality, majority, or lights out and nights will be open.

Now with the power of cpigs crazy setup and 8 dollars flavorful stylings let the signups begin!
If you presigned I forgot and you need to come in here and sign up again.

A few quirky specifics:

Scum will NOT know who the other scum are and cannot talk to each other out of thread, The scum kill will consist of all members of the scumteam pming me a kill choice each night, the majority will win, in the event of no majority I will rng the kill from the choices presented.

ALSO every single power role in this game is x-shot with few exceptions.

Player List
  1. Asiina
  2. AtrociousToaster
  3. bowmore
  4. Dr. Hurt
  5. Dugong
  6. EccoRaven
  7. Ernie.
  8. EXAKT Science
  9. fiery_valkyrie
  10. HiipFire
  11. Ixtlilton
  12. Mad Rancher
  13. Meinberg
  14. merk
  15. Met
  16. Monathin
  17. Motley --Peta
  18. Opopanax
  19. Poison Mushroom
  20. Puntification
  21. Somberbrero
  22. The Science of Suck
  23. Tremendous Taste

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Ughhh I'm in too many games but I can't say no to this.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I have no responsibilities so I can join this game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Gonna play this game.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Dr. Hurt posted:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Me me me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am also in too many games, but CPig and 8bux were the mods of the first two games I ever played, so how can I say no.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Only if I get to be Culling of the Cows aligned.

Motley
Nov 1, 2013
Me! I want in!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rrraawwrr

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Raaaawwwwwrrrrr??

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Soon, I will be the King of All Monsters.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

RRRRRR GHRAAAHHHHH RRAHAHHHGHHH (welcome back Meinberg)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Sure.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I wish to clash on monster island

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Dr. Hurt posted:

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
i will play op

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

you probably don't want to miss this, I mean seriously, come out of retirement for this.

eh.

ok.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

:monocle:

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
This is gonna be a pretty rad game...

:krakken:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:glomp:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Sign me up I'm a glutton for punishment!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I've played Mafia games before, but never Goon Mafia games.

Let's rumble.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Monathin posted:

I've played Mafia games before, but never Goon Mafia games.

Let's rumble.

That's great. Maybe as this one is wrapping up you'd consider checking out some of our other games.

Mafia New Game Announcement Thread
Mafia Discussion Thread

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Met posted:

That's great. Maybe as this one is wrapping up you'd consider checking out some of our other games.

Mafia New Game Announcement Thread
Mafia Discussion Thread

I was lurking that thread for a couple days, I was actually halfway thinking of the CYOPerhero mafia game but showed up a bit late to the party.

Regardless I am totally on board with Monster Island madness.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (17): Asiina, bowmore, Dr. Hurt, Dugong, EccoRaven, EXAKT Science, fiery_valkyrie, HiipFire, Mad Rancher, Meinberg, Met, Motley, Opopanax, Puntification, Somberbrero, The Science of Suck, Tremendous Taste

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
whoops, lol

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
##vote CPig

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

I like monsters and islands, I'll play.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

RRRRROOOOLLLLING SSSSTTTTAAAARRTTT!!! ##vote Cpig

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
There are people I haven't played with before in this game and I think that's cool as poo poo

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
P.S. for anyone who doesn't know, I'm JJ.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mad Rancher posted:

P.S. for anyone who doesn't know, I'm JJ.

:aaaaa:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I wasn't going to sign up but then you called me a nerd.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Poison Mushroom posted:

you are a nerd

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

bowmore posted:

you are a nerd

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Poison Mushroom posted:

I want you (to play this game)

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Stop posting Bowmore. Save it until the game starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Stop posting Bowmore. Save it until the game starts.
hahahahaha

you got me

• Locked thread