Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012

SUBLIME! posted:

Drove all the way from Texas to see streetlight one more time in New Jersey! Sucks that they're not touring the entire country anymore but the drive was totally worth it, everywhere other than Texas is so darn pretty in the fall.

Driving here is scary as gently caress though, I don't know how you people do it.

I was at the show too. I feel like it took me longer to get out of the parking lot than Streetlight was on stage, but it was still worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUBLIME!
Mar 7, 2009

my quiver is full~

Potooweet posted:

I was at the show too. I feel like it took me longer to get out of the parking lot than Streetlight was on stage, but it was still worth it.

For sure, the show was awesome. Hot as gently caress in the place though. And I didn't really understand the ihop/pancake worship.

Also when Dan P. mentioned the dude from central Texas bringing Ebola to NJ and giving him a high five I felt pretty :coal:

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012
I didn't understand the ihop thing either. The audience was mostly sixteen year-olds, and they'll worship anything, though.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Dudes, kids under 21 love ihop/Denny's/any 24 hour restaurant. It's where they can hang out and be morons at night cause they can't get into bars yet.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

lessthankyle posted:

Yep, and it was great. It was a pretty late show, though. Dan P went on around 9 and the show ended around midnight. Dude from the Bennies also ripped down a bunch of the ceiling during Jeff's set. Might as well get started on the demo early.

Depression Werewolf played a great set

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
I had no idea Streetlight was with Dan P and Chris Murray tonight in NYC. At this point Streetlight is good and all, but I'll savor any chance to see Dan and Chris. I got to dance next to Dan P all during the Bennies the other night, it's good to see he gets into it just like everyone else.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

So that covers show was 100% amazing.

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.

Fateo McMurray posted:

So that covers show was 100% amazing.

I seriously considered trying to get to that show. From north of Toronto.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Big D also played about 5-6 of their own songs after Energy. That poo poo is only like 35 minutes long. 35 glorious minutes.

And the Clash set wasn't London Calling, so that was kinda disappointing. No Lost in the Supermarket or Spanish Bombs :mad:

Clash set was (from memory)

White Riot
Tommy Gun
Brand New Cadillac
Rudie Can't Fail
Clampdown
London Calling
The Guns Of Brixton
Revolution Rock
Train In Vain
Should I Stay or Should I Go
Straight To Hell
Police and Thieves
Police On My Back

Not a bad set by any means and Destroy Babylon played it great, but Lost in the Supermarket is my favorite song on London Calling :(

Fateo McMurray fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 26, 2014

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
The did play Clampdown, Straight to Hell, Police on my Back, and Police & Thieves. The only song really missing from there is White Man In Hammersmith Palais and then it's like the best thing I've ever (not actually) heard

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Where you there?

edit: If so, the fat bald dude in the Stray Bullets hoodie says sup

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Spanish Bombs is the best song that I never remember what order the lyrics go in, and also the best song that I've ever had the intro to stuck in my head for a week.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
We should all post photos of our copies of the new Bruce Lee Band record to compare colours and inscribed notes

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.
How much did you pay for shipping

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gabbleduck posted:

How much did you pay for shipping
I think it was $27 total to AUS (so like $18)

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.

bowmore posted:

I think it was $27 total to AUS (so like $18)

I would buy so many vinyls if it wasn't for shipping costs

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gabbleduck posted:

I would buy so many vinyls if it wasn't for shipping costs
I would also. I want to buy the two Chumped records but it's $75 for both shipped, can't do it.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

bowmore posted:

We should all post photos of our copies of the new Bruce Lee Band record to compare colours and inscribed notes

They're supposed to be randomly colored, right? I think mine is "poo poo brown".

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
New Antarctigo Vespucci EP (Jeff Rosenstock and Chris Farren's project) - http://quoteunquoterecords.com/qur074.htm

The first song has a "Nanananananana" break so it might as well be a Bomb The Music Industry song as far as I'm concerned.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
It's real good. While snagging it I also got the hard girls album. drat is it tasty.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

Hat Thoughts posted:

New Antarctigo Vespucci EP (Jeff Rosenstock and Chris Farren's project) - http://quoteunquoterecords.com/qur074.htm

The first song has a "Nanananananana" break so it might as well be a Bomb The Music Industry song as far as I'm concerned.

Both colors pre-ordered. Now just need to find someone selling the Hey Allison single.

Edit: I think they're pretty smart for selling a bundle like that, without it I wouldn't have even considered getting them both.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008

MondayHotDog posted:

Both colors pre-ordered. Now just need to find someone selling the Hey Allison single.

Edit: I think they're pretty smart for selling a bundle like that, without it I wouldn't have even considered getting them both.

MondayHotDog posted:

Yeah where do we buy the Allison single?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

rear end Catchcum posted:

Yeah where do we buy the Allison single?

On tour.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008

Oh man. If anyone snags an extra, I'll pay for it and shipping and a little tip.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
You guys failed to notify me about the new IV4K album. For shame, ska thread.

https://iv4k.bandcamp.com/

Also about them, I deleted my copy of the "I Won't Be Home For Christmas" single, does anyone have it? They released it for free so I don't think it's :filez:, they just took it off their Bandcamp.

Monday_ fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 1, 2014

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

what the whaaaaaaaaaat. I'm now mad at this thread, and my ska friends.

Shabar Shabaz
Oct 11, 2004

good job buddy now lets go have a drink
If anyone is at fest survay says! and the slackers are playing a hotel room around 2 tonight on the 4th floor. If you need a wristband for the holiday inn let me know, I have a spare.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

MondayHotDog posted:

You guys failed to notify me about the new IV4K album. For shame, ska thread.

https://iv4k.bandcamp.com/

Also about them, I deleted my copy of the "I Won't Be Home For Christmas" single, does anyone have it? They released it for free so I don't think it's :filez:, they just took it off their Bandcamp.

This time it's you doing the notifying though!

(Thanks for the heads up.)

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
This band seems good to me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW3XSQPMAh4
http://twohumans.bandcamp.com/album/best-folks

Skillface
Oct 7, 2012
Seeing The Planet Smashers in Ottawa on Thursday because my band is opening for them for the 2nd time this year and I'm almost more excited about being able to see them for free than I am opening for them!

Last time I was air-lifted out of the Surfin' In Tofino wall of death by a large wet shirtless man, so the bar is set pretty high.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
So, Ska thread, it's been a while since i was big into the ska/punk scene, and forgot how loving SHITRAD AWESOME this music is.

however, i moved away from the east coast and can no longer see tons of awesome ska and punk music. Any awesome ska bands based out of the great plains area that tour through this area on the reg? I'd love to see the bosstones another 50gazillion times, but I also always love finding new music and new smaller bands.

That two humans band reminds me a lot of Op Ivy in a good way.

Also, thank you thread for pointing out that IV4K had an album release this year. Is it just old stuff that had never gotten released prior to when they broke up, or did they actually get back together? If it's the latter HOLY FUCKSHIT YES.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

AA is for Quitters posted:

So, Ska thread, it's been a while since i was big into the ska/punk scene, and forgot how loving SHITRAD AWESOME this music is.

however, i moved away from the east coast and can no longer see tons of awesome ska and punk music. Any awesome ska bands based out of the great plains area that tour through this area on the reg? I'd love to see the bosstones another 50gazillion times, but I also always love finding new music and new smaller bands.

That two humans band reminds me a lot of Op Ivy in a good way.

Also, thank you thread for pointing out that IV4K had an album release this year. Is it just old stuff that had never gotten released prior to when they broke up, or did they actually get back together? If it's the latter HOLY FUCKSHIT YES.

They're back together. I saw them over the summer and they killed it.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
Jeff 7" available

http://www.sideonedummy.com/shop/bands/jeff-rosenstock-hey-allison-7-colored-vinyl/

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Petition to rename thread to Ska Megathread: Jeff Rosenstock and other bands sometimes. Also this thread is way more punk than the punk thread lately.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

don't say the p word or else stay depressed might venture in here and ruin this thread too.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Everytime I read the the punk thread I'm reminded of this post.

bowmore posted:

I like the ska people better.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
Here is a ska band we can all discuss instead, on this, the seventh anniversary of skatalk.

http://dyingscene.com/news/introducing-philadelphia-ska-punk-act-behind-deadlines-free-ep-download/

But for real, if you're around NYC after Christmas, you should be seeing this HSFH show: https://www.facebook.com/events/576428132487362/

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

lessthankyle posted:

Here is a ska band we can all discuss instead, on this, the seventh anniversary of skatalk.

http://dyingscene.com/news/introducing-philadelphia-ska-punk-act-behind-deadlines-free-ep-download/

I really want to like this but it sounds so drat much like Less Than Jake, I dunno.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
I like it. It's good to hear Ryan's voice. We miss you, Catch 22. Come home soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

MondayHotDog posted:

I like it. It's good to hear Ryan's voice. We miss you, Catch 22. Come home soon.

I don't think Ryan is in that band?