Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

He is a cool friendly mulligan buddy that just wants to hang out and be besties with you which makes him already worth his weight in gold. :3:

Well, yeah. The fact he basically cuts the difficulty of a run in half is just icing on the cake.

Between Decoy Dude, Holy Mantle (one free no-damage hit/room) and Cancer (+3 soul hearts, the first hit in a room gives you Wafer (all attacks reduced to 1/2 hearts) status) I kinda just now waltzed through Sheol. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

ChibiSoma posted:

You know what's a fun combination? Sacred Heart + Fire Mind!

Definitely the strongest I've been in Rebirth so far. The fact that I had a small army with me as backup wasn't hurting, either.

Honestly this isn't that strong compared to some of the really ridiculous poo poo but it looks like you're firing literal suns, so it's awesome.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

goddamnit I laughed

this joke is how loving old and I still find it funny

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Can anyone give me a completely op run for judas, im really sick of trying for the lost only to end up getting various beans 3 floors in a row

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Just had my first crash on the PS4 version midway through the womb on a really good run

It's pretty annoying that the map comes up real big on the screen every time you so much as look at the touchpad.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Daeren posted:

Every time I think loss.jpg has run its course. Every single time.

It's so cool that this is actually how you unlock the lost as well Die to a mulliboom as Isaac, bomb yourself to death as maggie, get stomped as judas, and then die to the devil as azazel. Neat!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The Bee posted:

It does, but it still stays a tear when you aren't.

Pop it where Mom's Heart sits, or where Satan' usually hovering, or on one of Mom's doors, and trivialize entire phases of the fight while waiting.

You can just sit in the circle for every other fight, since they all try to hit you.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
So there's an item called Undefined, a rare use item that takes you to I Am Error. If you use this on The Chest, and then return through what would normally take you to the next floor... it rerolls the floor instead.

Including the 4 golden chests where you start.

Have fun filling out your item sheet!

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Logan 5 posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are you saying you HAVE fought and beat Loki but Loki's Horns still isn't unlocked, either in your items or achievements? Cause if yes, then yeah that's probably a bug, must have been caused by one of the more recent updates because I had no problems with it.

It might be unlocked when you actually pick up the item too, have you always passed on it/not seen it?

Yes! I have beaten Loki AND Lokii numerous times, and no I haven't seen it in any run so far.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Some of the boss unlocks seem really buggy. I just "unlocked" Conquest but I've fought him probably a dozen times.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Cryohazard posted:

So there's an item called Undefined, a rare use item that takes you to I Am Error. If you use this on The Chest, and then return through what would normally take you to the next floor... it rerolls the floor instead.

it doesn't always take you to the error room, sometimes it takes you to the secret rooms instead. but it does have a much better chance of an error room than the other teleport items.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

dis astranagant posted:

Some of the boss unlocks seem really buggy. I just "unlocked" Conquest but I've fought him probably a dozen times.

Oh, so it's not just me? I've yet to "officially" unlock him, but I've gotten him multiple times already.

I mean, unless the developers are Terry Pratchett fans and "a forgotten horseman" refers to Mr. Soak.

Edit: Hah! New Eve run. Start with A Pony, Superfan, Cancer, and decent stats!

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Nov 13, 2014

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
How do you unlock the Necropolis? Any ideas? I think it's the only zone I haven't popped yet.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

How do you unlock the Necropolis? Any ideas? I think it's the only zone I haven't popped yet.

Kill all the bosses in the Depths?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Nurge posted:

I think a lot of it is definitely that things move at a set speed instead of randomly chugging so you get used to the dodging timing a lot better than the original. I do also think that unless you're playing hard mode the game is somewhat easier.

I think the RNG and itemization are a little better now, and you're less likely to just get three bad active items as your treasure room loot for consecutive floors.

That being said, I still groan every time I see Pageant Boy drop and I'm not doing particularly better in Rebirth than I was in WotL as a first time player. The revamped Heart and some of the new bosses are harder than what was there before, and I think I was so used to the chugging that it worked to my advantage by slowing down the action at times.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I got guppy and infestation 2.

So many buggies.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ahahah, Dr. Fetus with Loki's Horns. :suicide: The only way this run can be salvaged at this point is if I find Pyromaniac, and fast.

edit: oh my god, I just got loving double shot of all things. What's next, quad shot so I can occasionally have to dodge 16 bombs at once? Seriously, this loving seed. If anyone wants to see how well they can do when the entire game is out to get you, here's the seed

9YWG
A1YS

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 13, 2014

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Apparently Technology 2 and Ipeac combine well, you don't get bombs with lasers but you do get an overpowered laser that can make Mega satan trivial!

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
code:
Normal:
21H1
0KWE
That seed will start you with a ludovico device in the first item room and a library with the jump book. You can bomb into the library through the secret room if you don't get a key.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

Alkydere posted:

Kill all the bosses in the Depths?

How many bosses is that? I feel like I unlocked Necropolis on like my fourth run through Depths.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
So I heard a lot of complaining about Solar System so I decided to give it a whirl.

I got Rotten Baby in the Devil Room on the first floor.

The game was actually harder on the first few floors because of the layouts but in Necropolis and Utero I just hung out over rocks or pits and let 1 little blue fly pop out every 3 seconds and murder everything. I'm guessing the only thing that could make that challenge easier is something like Lil Brimstone for a faster clear but it was still far easier than I suspect it normally is without luck.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Oxxidation posted:

Pretty sure you just unlock the alternate floors just by beating all the bosses in the normal version. So its just a matter of luck. It took me ages to unlock Necropolis because I never ran into the Gatekeeper. I think I've seen that boss a total of once.

You should be glad you don't have necropolis though. You don't have to deal with the shittiest time wasting boss in the game.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Crotch Bat posted:

So I heard a lot of complaining about Solar System so I decided to give it a whirl.

I got Rotten Baby in the Devil Room on the first floor.

The game was actually harder on the first few floors because of the layouts but in Necropolis and Utero I just hung out over rocks or pits and let 1 little blue fly pop out every 3 seconds and murder everything. I'm guessing the only thing that could make that challenge easier is something like Lil Brimstone for a faster clear but it was still far easier than I suspect it normally is without luck.

it's one of the easier challenges with a blindfold, anyways. all it tests is your positioning, and you can get through just fine without anything extra damage-wise if you just use patience and common sense.

Runcible Spoon
Sep 20, 2012
So, I just managed to unlock ???, and hahaha it's amazing how much worse I do without any regular hearts when I don't have flight and Mini-Brim. Can you guys give me some tips on how to play him? Are curse rooms still worth checking when I'm running only on soul hearts?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Right after complaining about how impossible it was to get four cubes of meat for Super Meat Boy, I go home, run into a room, find it, and proceed to get it first try. Complaining about how hard things are in games often lets me do it right away. Same thing happened with Dark Souls.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I think I will just cheat my way with The Lost because I'm not made for this kind of poo poo. Fuuuuuuck trying to unlock that poo poo legit.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

it's one of the easier challenges with a blindfold, anyways. all it tests is your positioning, and you can get through just fine without anything extra damage-wise if you just use patience and common sense.

I think I'd have gotten it in a few tries at most but it's fairly tedious to boot. I think annoying is a better term than difficult, I guess, but Rotten Baby got me a 23 minute clear so meh.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
I know this isn't the best place to put this, but I had to get this idea out of my head. I was just thinking about that interview they did, with Edmund and Tyrone's reaction to the community datamining the info to unlock the Lost, and how Ed said he'd lock future content behind a skill gate. One of the interesting things about the game is how Isaac starts off as a normal boy, but by the end of the game he's a horrible monster...I wonder if Ed could do the best of both worlds and lock something behind a combination skill/secret gate.

You'd have to, for example, kill x boss with x character, but you couldn't take (or use) any items that altered your appearance at all (or maybe altered your appearance in certain ways). Your Isaac sprite would have to be exactly the same at the start and end of the run, for example. That would demand mastery on a couple of levels - you'd have to know what items are safe to pick up or use, and even if you had a list that someone else made, you'd still have to actually be able to do it.

In that example, I think all the HP upgrades (even health up pills - they still turn you red right?) are out, all the damage ups are out; I think you could use tear and range upgrade pills, and spacebar items, and familiars though. Maybe Judas has to beat Satan without any demonic appearance changes (so he'd have to ditch book of belial before the Satan fight, or just not use it). The actual conditions could be hidden and hinted at in the game, but even if people dug through and found them out it would still be difficult to actually do.

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
Had a weird run. I had Taurus and so much speed, that the rage mode would just activate immediately when I entered a room. Also had Pyromania, Kamikaze, and a bunch of other ridiculous stuff (on Azazel of course).

Here's a couple pictures from a while ago. I got so many devil rooms, and didn't have much unlocked, that I ran out of devil room items:

I would totally trade a heart for sad onion, just in general. I took the milk. I lost a heart, and then gained one back :v:

Next floor:

So, you like milk...

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm a bit disappointed after all the hyping up of more stuff comboing, including some crazy stuff with mom's knife, it doesn't combo with monstro's lung. One of the preview gifs was moms knife + brimstone causing isaac to spew a stream of knifes, so I was expecting similar for the lung :(

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED
So I got three or four Jeras out of an arcade while doing It's In The Cards, and discovered that Strength cards can stack.

A lot.

:dong:

Escape Car 3000
Oct 12, 2008

Runcible Spoon posted:

So, I just managed to unlock ???, and hahaha it's amazing how much worse I do without any regular hearts when I don't have flight and Mini-Brim. Can you guys give me some tips on how to play him? Are curse rooms still worth checking when I'm running only on soul hearts?

I generally try to just focus to getting more soul hearts. Save your bombs and keep an eye out for marked rocks. Buy soul hearts in the store. Bomb blue/purple flames. Keep trying pills until you find balls of steel and bomb mushrooms to find more. Bomb skulls for black hearts.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Waffleopolis posted:

Yes! I have beaten Loki AND Lokii numerous times, and no I haven't seen it in any run so far.

Welp, I guess just keep playing until you find it? I've seen it in Treasure Rooms a few times, but luckily for me all the bosses with specific drops (Steven, Loki, etc.) dropped their item the 1st time I killed them, although they havent always after that.

Cryohazard posted:

Undefined has a chance to take you to the Secret Room, the Super Secret Room, the I AM ERROR room, and the Treasure room if I'm not mistaken. However when I first used it this is exactly what happened to me in the Chest. I was very pleased that run.

Manatee Cannon posted:

edit: oh my god, I just got loving double shot of all things. What's next, quad shot so I can occasionally have to dodge 16 bombs at once?

Double shot, triple shot, and quad shot dont stack with each other unfortunately, instead they override one another. Seems strange actually to find some of them in the same run, are there no more classes of items now that once you pick up one the others are removed from the pool? I remember the original had some that worked that way. I mean, not to nerf stuff and kill the fun, but where it makes sense. I'm looking at you Cube of Meat and Ball of Bandages :argh:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
just lost a completely bonkers Lost run with whore of babylon, the mark and lil brimstone to super peep (the one with loving instabrimstone). it was to one of his eyes though

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I got guppy and infestation 2.

So many buggies.

infestation shot is the poo poo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ArfJason posted:

just lost a completely bonkers Lost run with whore of babylon, the mark and lil brimstone to super peep (the one with loving instabrimstone). it was to one of his eyes though

the bloat is a piece of poo poo and i hate it. mostly i hate those eyes, though, as they always seem to have an aggravating tendency to home in on you somehow despite their movement being fixed.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

ArfJason posted:

He's the son of a bitch who almost hit me during my boss rush run with the Lost and pure and utter luck is the only reason he missed me. I was on one side of the arena just casually killing stuff when suddenly *BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*. Missed me by a pixel and only because I suddenly decided to stop flying up and go down.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Finally managed to beat the Family man due to getting the Demon beggar familiar and the Pinking Shears. Those two items took care of my defense and offense. Also did the Glass Cannon challenge right afterwards, and man is it easy.

So I only have a few challenges left, and I'm wondering if there's anything you unlock for completing them all besides an achievement? I kinda want to leave Suicide King incomplete so I don't add the useless item it unlocks to my item pool.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

I was perusing the wiki, and saw that Abaddon looked like a rad-rear end item. I decided to unlock it, just found it... the wiki neglected to mention that it turns all of your heart containers into black hearts. Ugh, run pretty much ruined. Oh well, live and learn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
I swear to god I think ??? runs are gimped in some other way other than the no-health thing. I just have consistently terrible runs with him.