Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Thanatosian posted:

So this is going to sound hella :tinfoil:, largely because it is hella :tinfoil:, but hear me out: what you just saw there was a hard play for victory by the Cool Kids' Table. I wasn't ever in any danger.

Winvirus et al figured I might be desperate enough to save my own skin to basically hand them the game, thus the "give us your list or die" offer. Winvirus would have switched his vote to himself... And then the rest of the conspiracy would have switched their vote to Somberbrero. Whether MMM is an active participant or just a pawn, here, I don't know.

This gets them both Somberbrero's word and my word. Ideally, they wanted my list as well, which would have hard-screwed a couple of you. Instead, they'll just have to settle for their five-man alliance wiping out the rest of us one day at a time while they sit on either merk's or PoP's word.

Well played, gentlemen. My hat is off to you.
O
o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
You forgot to photoshop on the tinfoil hat.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

I laughed rly hard, 10/10

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Oh, wait, I said it was off to you. I guess that makes sense, then. :P

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So, for those of you who are sitting with the Cool Kids' Table at this point, I'd just like to mention that in all likelihood they were using winvirus' word to get you to give them yours, and that is no longer useful. So, if you can't get merk or PoP's word through any other means (and it's unlikely you can), you're going to have to get them through voting them off.

I'm just saying, I am open to offers. And if you were wondering, yes, this is a desperation ploy.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I have given winvirus' word to zero people. I also think this Cool Kid's Table thing you're advancing is disingenuous at this point. You thought I was somehow linked to Byers and I happily voted him off. I sent a total of 2-3 private messages to PoP.

The only person I've spoken with a lot is winvirus. I've also had some light conversations with Rarity, Strong Mouse, and one PM from Hal.

I'm not really allied with anyone.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'll be voting Thanos tomorrow. Connecting him is a waste since we'll get his word anyway. Connect with me for real negotiations.

I have lied zero times this game. Thanos has lied... a lot... it appears.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

I have given winvirus' word to zero people. I also think this Cool Kid's Table thing you're advancing is disingenuous at this point. You thought I was somehow linked to Byers and I happily voted him off. I sent a total of 2-3 private messages to PoP.

The only person I've spoken with a lot is winvirus. I've also had some light conversations with Rarity, Strong Mouse, and one PM from Hal.

I'm not really allied with anyone.

Right, you're not allied with anyone, and neither is winvirus, or PoP, or Strongmouse.

You just have an understanding; completely different. An understanding that means you know your vote for me means I'm going down. But totally not an alliance; totally.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

I'll be voting Thanos tomorrow. Connecting him is a waste since we'll get his word anyway. Connect with me for real negotiations.

I have lied zero times this game. Thanos has lied... a lot... it appears.

I still have a word or two to trade that aren't mine; to the non-merk members of the game: even if you're confident I'm going to die, there's still a good chance I can make it worth your while. And since I'm going down, I've got nothing to lose. Merk hasn't even told anyone his word yet. He's sitting pretty, and has virtually no incentive to give anyone anything.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

If you'd like to know my word and/or the random word that I found, please call me tonight. I would be happy to negotiate tit for tat.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
It is now Day 4!

Your lines of communication have been sent to you.
Day 3 ends on Thursday, November 13, at 9pm Eastern.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (10): ActingPower, EXAKT Science, Hal Incandenza, merk, MildManeredManikin, Power of Pecota, Rarity, Strong Mouse, Thanatosian, winvirus

There are 10 living players. The elimination is based on a plurality vote!

The current deadline is November 13th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
##vote merk

No reason not to.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Thanos

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Yo PoP, who've you been in contact with the past few days? I miss u

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

winvirus posted:

Yo PoP, who've you been in contact with the past few days? I miss u

I told ActingPower to say hi to you from me yesterday~

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

He didn't :(

alas,

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
BACKSTAB

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

BACKSTAB

One too many letters there :v:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Rarity posted:

One too many letters there :v:

BUTTMAD?

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You know what else is seven letters? BETRAYAL :mad:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

winvirus posted:

You know what else is seven letters? BETRAYAL :mad:

:raise:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Anybody notice how SEVEN has seven letters? Weird.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

i am not good at this game

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You know, if we're all so scared of the people who seemingly might be ahead, we could just full claim our words and make it a pure positions game, and lynch people who don't claim their word.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Thanatosian (1): merk
merk (1): Thanatosian

Not Voting (8): ActingPower, EXAKT Science, Hal Incandenza, MildManeredManikin, Power of Pecota, Rarity, Strong Mouse, winvirus

There are 10 living players. The elimination is based on a plurality vote!

The current deadline is November 13th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 10 hours, 50 minutes.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

ugh deadline's tonight? why

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

winvirus posted:

ugh deadline's tonight? why

Because that's when the day deadlines are...? Then the night deadline will be tomorrow.

And apparently this is going to be a "wait until the deadline to vote" game regardless of my best efforts. :(

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

I've been legit busy yesterday and today. I'll have my thoughts down around 6pm

Who's everyone wanting to vote and why tho anyway

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm pretty sure Team Thanos has 10+ words now.

Here are the 'black box' people in the game to me: EXACT, Hal, maybe PoP at this point. Who have you guys been working with? Why aren't you working with me?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I was going to get in touch with you for tomorrow!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EXAKT Science posted:

I was going to get in touch with you for tomorrow!

Ok, friend, I like that strategy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

I'm pretty sure Team Thanos has 10+ words now.

Now that Somber's gone I don't have a single word that hasn't been revealed in thread :sigh:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rarity posted:

Now that Somber's gone I don't have a single word that hasn't been revealed in thread :sigh:

Call me tonight. Let's talk. Sorry I was so busy on the first time you tried to do that.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hal, I think, out of everyone, I know the absolute least about: you, your word, what you know, who you've talked to, what makes you 'tick'.

What gives?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

merk posted:

Hal, I think, out of everyone, I know the absolute least about : you, your word, what you know, who you've talked to, what makes you 'tick'.

What gives?

I talked to him the first couple of nights, and he gave me nothing!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Rarity posted:

Don't you have your own word? :confused:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

I talked to him the first couple of nights, and he gave me nothing!

As opposed to you, a font of giving me stuff!

Also merk, you really should know my word or at least have a decent guess at it. I gave you a pretty big hint.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

Hal, I think, out of everyone, I know the absolute least about : you, your word, what you know, who you've talked to, what makes you 'tick'.

What gives?

Honestly, I would be surprised if anyone knows less than me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

##vote PoP Probably the person with 8.

• Locked thread