Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

I would cut the sleeves off of these in a heartbeat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I would sell my firstborn child for that Taker jacket.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Mr. Carlisle posted:

The old blue cage actually looked like it hurt when someone was bounced off of it though (probably because it did) and it felt like a big deal when they used it because there wasn't a cage match like every other week so there's that. I understand why it went away and don't want performers getting murdered on it but the chain link fence doesn't have nearly the same visual effect as the old school one and the chain link cage doesn't really feel like a special event type match anymore.

Thats weird, I feel the opposite.. the old blue cage from my childhood always looked like a bad idea of a 'cage', it had huge gaps in it and looked (and moved) like bendy plastic. When they went to solid fencing it actually started looking like it would legitimately hurt to bounce off it. Cage matches being rarer and a bigger deal back then though absolutely.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007
Only available up to an XXL? How times have changed.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Climbing out of the cage to win has always been dumb. Here you have these guys that hate each other so much (or have had problems with interference/their opponent running away) that they've finally got them locked inside a steel cage where they can't run or get outside help! How exciting!

But not really because the one guy that runs away like a chicken poo poo going so far as to climb over the entire cage to get away from his opponent is the one that gets the win. If anything a cage match should be one of the places where someone actually eats a pin or submits to end a feud.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I don't mind the climbing, because there's always Hell In A Cell to escalate to "now there definitely has to be a pinfall or submission," but escaping the cage by the door is loving dumb.

"Hey ref, let me out."
"Fine."

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
High Energy!

The 90s were a strange decade.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shine posted:

I don't mind the climbing, because there's always Hell In A Cell to escalate to "now there definitely has to be a pinfall or submission," but escaping the cage by the door is loving dumb.

"Hey ref, let me out."
"Fine."

And if HiaC is too free ranging, there's always this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfvV_BhY1R4

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Say Nothing posted:

High Energy!

The 90s were a strange decade.

Pictured: WWE Hall of Famer, Koko B. Ware, standing with Owen Hart

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

And if HiaC is too free ranging, there's always this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfvV_BhY1R4

How do you give a Shark Cage Match a sixteen minute time limit?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I like the climbing, but I can't fathom in what world they thought the door was a good idea.

Has the door always been there?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Supreme Allah posted:

Thats weird, I feel the opposite.. the old blue cage from my childhood always looked like a bad idea of a 'cage', it had huge gaps in it and looked (and moved) like bendy plastic. When they went to solid fencing it actually started looking like it would legitimately hurt to bounce off it. Cage matches being rarer and a bigger deal back then though absolutely.

I can totally see how one would get that impression since it was so colourful and cartooney but from everything anyone who wrestled in them has said the blue cage was loving murder to work in because it was solid metal. I believe Foley said one of the worst pains he's ever dealt with in wrestling was having Chyna slam the old blue cage door on his head.

Compared to that, the chain link fence cage always seemed way more forgiving to me. Especially since, as a kid, every time my friends and I walked past a chain link fence it was basically an excuse to play "cage match." I was thrown into them all the time and as long as you're not hitting a crossbar they have tons of give. So even before I'd heard the horror stories of how rough the blue cage was I thought the chain link cage seemed less impressive.

Though, now that I'm older and don't care so much about everything in wrestling being hardcore the more forgiving cage seems like a way better option.

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".

That DICK! posted:

I like the climbing, but I can't fathom in what world they thought the door was a good idea.

I thought I remember hearing they added the door stipulation for King Kong Bundy at Wrestlemania 2, since he was too big to climb out over the top.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Stream froze on this.

D...Dolph? Please stop summoning the dark lord. :ohdear:

honeymustard
Dec 19, 2008

Shut up cunt.

karmicknight posted:

How do you give a Shark Cage Match a sixteen minute time limit?

SixTY.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

Stream froze on this.

How else do you explain his push?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Oh, that is much more reasonable.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

That DICK! posted:

Escape through the door I believe started with Bruno, the idea being he'd beat the crap out of his opponent and then just walk out the door as a show of dominance. Bruno was really bad rear end. I don't know when it became more of a goofy crawling crapshoot though, and agree it's bad.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I actually like the escape-only cage matches. The idea that these two are so interested in destroying each other that you literally can't talk a referee into being locked in the cage with them and you need a stipulation like "the last guy walking wins" to determine a winner & put a stop to the violence is powerful stuff.

It also works if it's not a blood feud:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFRQEgSL7Bw&t=24s
It fits the match psychology there. Deep down they really don't want to beat the tar out of one another, they want to establish which brother is better as quickly as possible.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
I think the problem with the door is that the psychology demands it to be either a very quick match or where only 1 person is interested in escaping quickly. However since you save it for PPV's you don't really want to have a short match. Hell in a Cell matches work much better because those are built on the idea that two people want to beat the poo poo out of each other.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

sticklefifer posted:

Stream froze on this.

Dolph Ziggler, southern evangelical TV preacher, will heal your body and soul for just $19.99 plus shipping and handling.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Big Show at his fattest ever.

RevlisYdoc
Jun 24, 2011

This owl. This fucking owl will not stop staring into my soul. Help.
So my college's newspaper is doing a story about next year's WrestleMania, and they got an interview with Wade Barrett and Jimmy Hart - and they came by our tiny rear end community college campus. I had missed them because I had already left campus. Still kicking myself.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

Big Show at his fattest ever.

god, that was really bad. even when he puts on weight now he's nowhere near that.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

RevlisYdoc posted:

So my college's newspaper is doing a story about next year's WrestleMania, and they got an interview with Wade Barrett and Jimmy Hart - and they came by our tiny rear end community college campus. I had missed them because I had already left campus. Still kicking myself.

I wish Bad News Barrett and Jimmy Hart came to my community college. It's literally down the street from Levi's Stadium.

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014

Petit Gregory posted:

I wish Bad News Barrett and Jimmy Hart came to my community college. It's literally down the street from Levi's Stadium.

"So you think you'll get a valuable degree? Well I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I swear to God Jimmy Hart hasn't aged a day since 1992

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
YEE HAW

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Never sleep again

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

Tato posted:

YEE HAW

DaveBL

fake edit: oh god the dude in the back :gonk:

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010

Dancing Peasant posted:

DaveBL

fake edit: oh god the dude in the back :gonk:

Is that Benoit?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

How terrible would it be to have a growth coming out of your back that looked like Chris Benoit's head. I mean, you try to disguise it with a cowboy hat and all but that stare...that stare.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

his face looks like an overfilled red balloon.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The picture makes me think of Kendrick and London's story about Benoit wanting to hide in closets and watch.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
BATISTA KNEW

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Can someone please hook me up with the picture/twitter link of CM Punk stopping to get a pic with some kid who he saw wearing his shirt? I need it for a project

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Delsaber posted:

Dolph Ziggler, southern evangelical TV preacher, will heal your body and soul for just $9.99 maggle.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

WeaponX posted:

his face looks like an overfilled red balloon.
Dianabol bloat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003