Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

Hal, I think, out of everyone, I know the absolute least about : you, your word, what you know, who you've talked to, what makes you 'tick'.

What gives?

In addition, I've been completely transparent about who I've talked to. You really must not be paying any attention or else you are flat out lying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

As opposed to you, a font of giving me stuff!

Also merk, you really should know my word or at least have a decent guess at it. I gave you a pretty big hint.

You did?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

In addition, I've been completely transparent about who I've talked to. You really must not be paying any attention or else you are flat out lying.

I haven't really. You're not talking to me. That's :(

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Hal, I'm curious. What's a letter in your word? Just any letter. Any of the letters at all

Same question for you, PoP and Thanos. I think I have an idea

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

I'm pretty sure Team Thanos has 10+ words now.
How the gently caress would I manage that? I was at 6 yesterday before two of my words got revealed, and after exhausting my communication for then. I got winvirus'... Which everyone else also got. You think I somehow picked up three or four words through wizardry? Just a really, really lucky guesser?

Honestly, my "secret plan to reveal all of Thanatos' words while killing Somberbrero" is far more plausible than this.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hal Incandenza posted:

As opposed to you, a font of giving me stuff!

Also merk, you really should know my word or at least have a decent guess at it. I gave you a pretty big hint.

Oh I misremembered and thought I had. I still gave you more information than you gave me! Also you didn't respond to my message on day 3 </3

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

You did?

Yes, I did! It was similar to the hint you gave me/PoP/who knows who else, maybe slightly less easy to solve, but you've had that since D2.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Yesterday was just a lovely day in-game for me all-around. I suspect my last day isn't going to be any better.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

Oh I misremembered and thought I had. I still gave you more information than you gave me! Also you didn't respond to my message on day 3 </3

The only information we exchanged was who we were talking to, and you also said you would tell me something if you thought you were going down. What exactly do you think you gave me?

And yes, on D3, you sent me "Hey Hal how is it going" and I replied with "OK, but I wish all this poo poo about me wasn't getting aired out in the thread" and I never got a reply to that. SO MORE LIES WHY IS EVERYONE LYING ABOUT ME.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

:( hal noo it's okay I believe you

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

winvirus posted:

Hal, I'm curious. What's a letter in your word? Just any letter. Any of the letters at all

Sure, why not.

"I"

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Maybe my memory is just bad, Hal! Did you ever think of that???

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

Maybe my memory is just bad, Hal! Did you ever think of that???

No, I'm pretty sure everyone is against me :tinfoil:

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

So seriously who are we lynching? I'm still a fan of ##vote Thanos but could be convinced otherwise if someone has solid or even circumstantial proof someone else is sitting at like 10+ words

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

winvirus posted:

Why would I tell you this, exactly?

I mean, no offense, but we haven't exactly been besties in this game.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Thanatosian posted:

Why would I tell you this, exactly?

I mean, no offense, but we haven't exactly been besties in this game.

Good faith? :shobon:

And I mean I'm not averse to working with you. You're just the one who keeps attacking me for mystery reasons.

Extend an olive branch. Also, who are your top lynch candidates? Who do you think has the most words?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

winvirus posted:

Good faith? :shobon:

And I mean I'm not averse to working with you. You're just the one who keeps attacking me for mystery reasons.

Extend an olive branch. Also, who are your top lynch candidates? Who do you think has the most words?

You'll have to forgive me for not feeling the good faith from a guy voting to lynch me.

I'd be inclined to guess PoP. Lots of varying connections, and lots of connections to connections. Aside from day 1, I've been mostly intertwined with the same "network" of people, so my word selection has pretty much stagnated. As of today, very possibly merk; I'm apparently not too popular, and he had his offer standing from yesterday. But who knows; maybe Hal is slow-playing this.

Does anyone actually have PoP's word? I know merk said he'd give his out yesterday; was he as good as his word (no pun intended)?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm pretty clearly not the one with 8 words - merk hasn't given his out, Byers/winvirus/ActingPower have all either had their words revealed or given them out to the entire thread, and the only other connection I've had before today was Hal yesterday, and we pretty much exclusively talked about narrowing down the word merk guessed. I'm talking to Rarity today, and unless she's stonewalling me she's got no other non-public words. I'm locked out re: Thanatos/MMM/Strong Mouse/EXAKT even if you assume I've had successful trades elsewhere.

MMM, you painted yourself as a major wild card in the vote yesterday, what have your connections been?

winvirus posted:

R

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Addendum: Hal and I also talked about Project Runway: All Stars 4 featuring GUNNAR DEATHERAGE

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Yeah, on further introspection, I think I'm okay with a Thanos vote. Or perhaps EXAKT, since he seems like he wants me gone and has been playing very tight to the chest :(

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
##vote Power of Pecota

I think PoP and merk are probably the biggest threats (though winvirus is definitely dangerous, too). This is mostly defensive, though, and an attempt to at least somewhat hew to my "I don't like vote-changing at the last minute" policy.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

##vote Thanatosian

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

winvirus posted:

Yeah, on further introspection, I think I'm okay with a Thanos vote. Or perhaps EXAKT, since he seems like he wants me gone and has been playing very tight to the chest :(
I feel the same way about EXAKT as I do about Hal or Rarity: I suppose it's possible they're slow-playing it, but I feel like even assuming they've been contacting people, no one has really been contacting them. And more contacts=more opportunities for words=bigger threat. See also: my posts re: merk, PoP, & winvirus. So I don't think they're likely to be in possession of eight words at this point. No offense, guys.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Thanatosian posted:

I feel the same way about EXAKT as I do about Hal or Rarity: I suppose it's possible they're slow-playing it, but I feel like even assuming they've been contacting people, no one has really been contacting them. And more contacts=more opportunities for words=bigger threat. See also: my posts re: merk, PoP, & winvirus. So I don't think they're likely to be in possession of eight words at this point. No offense, guys.

I've given you my complete lines of communication and you're not even pretending to have read it.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Really, my biggest concern is that PoP or merk could be in possession of eight words having not revealed his/her own. Which would be, at this point, terrifying. Like, the only way you're beating that is with a vote.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

I've given you my complete lines of communication and you're not even pretending to have read it.
No, I'm just not pretending to believe it. You clearly don't believe what I've said, either.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Thanatos, I'll believe you've had bad luck when you list all the communication lines you've had these three days. It's super easy to call bullshit if someone's lying about that, you're just pulling a chicken little routine where "omg the guys I don't like are probably winning"

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I had 5 total connections as of yesterday (Byers/winvirus/ActingPower/merk/Hal) when someone guessed 8 words, so even if I had merk's word, merk's guessed word if it wasn't Hal's or ActingPower's, Hal's word, and the three that have been publicly revealed (winvirus/Byers/ActingPower), and my own that's seven words.

Thanatos, give me one remotely plausible scenario where I get an 8th word somewhere there.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

winvirus posted:

I don't want you gone, necessarily, I'm just a little scared of you because of how good you are at games. I didn't even end up voting you yesterday!

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

Thanatos, I'll believe you've had bad luck when you list all the communication lines you've had these three days. It's super easy to call bullshit if someone's lying about that, you're just pulling a chicken little routine where "omg the guys I don't like are probably winning"
Day 2: MMM & Actingpower, which I think everyone knows at this point.
Day 3: Somberbrero. We chose each other, which screwed me.
Day 4: MMM, because I said I would, and if I didn't, you and your posse would use it as an excuse to lynch me. Which has proven less than helpful, given our mutual distrust for each other.

I'm guessing that merk is a busy little bee today.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If you connect with me Id love to reveal my word in exchange for words I don't have. Please do so friends.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
And I note that no one has stepped forward to say "oh, hey, I totally have merk's word," or "yo, PoP has been super-generous, and traded with me!"

Hell, you guys aren't even bothering to lie about it.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

I had 5 total connections as of yesterday (Byers/winvirus/ActingPower/merk/Hal) when someone guessed 8 words, so even if I had merk's word, merk's guessed word if it wasn't Hal's or ActingPower's, Hal's word, and the three that have been publicly revealed (winvirus/Byers/ActingPower), and my own that's seven words.

Thanatos, give me one remotely plausible scenario where I get an 8th word somewhere there.
There have been four words publicly revealed: Somberbrero's.

I would say something about "lawyered" here, but I'm not a lawyer, so... uh... IT guy'd?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I'm willing to trade, just under the right circumstances. So far people either haven't been interested, have revealed their word on their own, or in ActingPower's case someone threw his word out publicly before we could negotiate something.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Thanatosian posted:

There have been four words publicly revealed: Somberbrero's.

I would say something about "lawyered" here, but I'm not a lawyer, so... uh... IT guy'd?

The guesses from yesterday (including the one that got 8 correct words) were made before Somber's word was revealed. You can amend that "lawyer'd/IT guy'd" to "Ditch Digger'd" or something.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I would vote for Exakt as well I guess.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm willing to trade, just under the right circumstances. So far people either haven't been interested, have revealed their word on their own, or in ActingPower's case someone threw his word out publicly before we could negotiate something.
So, you're hypothetically willing to give it out... just haven't done so yet.

Yeaaaaaahhh... That's definitely a bill of goods you're trying to sell us. And if anyone is buying, I'm actually in possession of a rather popular bridge spanning a couple of boroughs in the City of New York I think you might be interested in purchasing...

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

The guesses from yesterday (including the one that got 8 correct words) were made before Somber's word was revealed. You can amend that "lawyer'd/IT guy'd" to "Ditch Digger'd" or something.

Winvirus could have easily given you another word. He gave you one, why not two? So could someone else.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Uh well at the time I gave PoP my word the only one I knew was my own so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Vote Thanatosian out today and I'll give my word and position out freely to anyone who contacts me. At this point I don't even care about winning, I just want him to get taken out of the game.

• Locked thread