Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

Do firecrackers exist in Ur?

I would be in favor of licking a toad after this. Maybe we will see Azz again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
It's a big-rear end toad.

It's got a big-rear end toad tongue.

Remind our friendly balls not to strap themselves into their shields, to keep their shields up.

Toad flicks out tongue, catches raised shield, has to retract tongue. There's our opening to chuck every spear/arrow we have into it's mouth.

Also, don't get bitten by the lovely little ones either.

Edit:

Y*X LR3 M8Xq>eMw$Cr dgG6cx8 s88ceiz

Y(ou) (a)R(e) (M8)u(q>eMw$Cr) (dgG6cx8) s88ceiz.

Cannon_Fodder fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 13, 2014

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897
I swear to El if this is a monstrous Surinam Toad I am unbookmarking this thread forever.

Nolaterif
Jan 10, 2003

I know I'm a little late, but FYI: County fairs are primarily for drinking. Occasionally mud truck pulls, which the Blooded/rich people all win, but mostly drinking. Sure, there's talk of 'trends', but that's all it is. A trend. In general, most people in whatever industry already know the standard methods of growing [whatever], and I imagine that's even the case in pseudo-Mesopotamia. Labaras apparently taught them everything they needed to know. But whatever. I'm sure pseudo-Mesopotamian fairs would be so much better!

If people are truly at a point where they care about the whole agriculture thing/soup kitchens for the poor/education, a more realistic way of starting things would be to invest in owning our own land. Naomi's managing the cattle, so she could probably manage the land as well (so no micromanaging). Like I said several months ago, someone else can bring the knowledge to the table. As in, we can rent out our land to tenant farmers. Or keep some farmer dude as a retainer. We'd gain modest rent income + portion of the yields. Plus, it's our land, so we can gently caress around with farming techniques if we want to or actively feed people from our own yields.

Or we can turn it into a slave-freeing operation, where they work for x amount of time and earn their freedom. If we did that, it'd probably be worth our while to keep some real farmers on hand to supervise, but let the new people do the laboring for the aforementioned x amount of time. I'm guessing people probably wouldn't want to stay farmers if they were free. And if they do? Tada, they've learned the basics of farming.

If people care about that sort of thing. And can handle long-term planning without getting bored and voting against it the next cycle. Or whatever.

As a side note, I can't say I disagree with Paebel. While I believe El is a thing, he makes a good point about the orthodoxy. Treating mothers, sisters, and daughters like commodities, while saying "Might makes right" is kind of lovely.

Anyway, just my opinion, if it counts in the scheme of things.

1. I

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Edit:

Y(ou) (a)R(e) (M8)u(q>eMw$Cr) (dgG6cx8) s88ceiz.

?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Just to be clear I wasn't actually voting to lick the toad.

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.

Cannon_Fodder posted:

We really need to figure this out.

The most common letter in English is e the most common character in that text is 8, the last word is likely ?ee???? ... feeling? Feeding?

Ouroborus fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 13, 2014

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
It is worth noting the gibberish has changed. The old gibberish was:

Y_@ pR1 M&aLB!H_M*/ O(^XxMQ >X0013a

New one is:

Anyone a fan of cracking ciphers? I'm not. :effort:

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Make sure our kids are properly secured they don't wind up sucked into a toads mouth.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

Ok I'll put in a little effort. Between the two gibberish sentences, only 3 letters do not change:
code:

Y_ _   _ R _   M_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _   _ _ _ _ _ _ _    _ _ _ _ _ _ _

So, working under the assumption letters that do not change are correct, that makes the 3rd word an 11-letter word starting with M. Past sentences have all been something positive as well, such as indicating bonuses to relexes, or endurance.

Masterfully? Medicinally? Momentarily? Monstrously? Multiplying? Maintaining? Manifesting?

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 13, 2014

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
Safe to guess "You are M.....? I think the gibberish is gibberish. I don't think its a substitution thing. By that I mean the rest of the gibberish letters aren't coded, they're just replaced with random poo poo.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
I think the first two words are YOU CAN. 8 is the most common letter and that almost always means it's the letter E. If the second word is Are, that doesn't fit.

I want to say

YOU CAN -E--------- ------- -EE----

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 13, 2014

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
YOU ARE MODERATELY ?? ??

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

Arkanomen posted:

I think the first two words are YOU CAN. 8 is the most common letter and that almost always means it's the letter E. If the second word is Are, that doesn't fit.

I agree with Cornuto - given that between both gibberish sentences things change without any rhyme or reason besides 3 exact same letters, I doubt it's a substitution thing; in the first version of the sentence the "&" which would correlate with the 8 in the second sentence does not appear elsewhere.

rex monday posted:

YOU ARE MODERATELY ?? ??

That's 10 letters. :( I kept wanting to say that as well. It would fit perfectly.

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 13, 2014

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
It's not YOU CAN BLANK WITHOUT BLANKING because without word has to end in E.

This all going on the single substitution assumption.
8 might not be E. We have Y,O,U,A leaving i and e for 8. And with a word ending in 8 that doesn't leave many choices. So either the YOU CAn is wrong or 8 has to be E

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 13, 2014

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Voting to take one of the frogs back with us when the fights done

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I worked it out guys!

It's!

YOU ARE MORONICALLY DELUDED ENKIDEL

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.

Task Manager posted:

I agree with Cornuto - given that between both gibberish sentences things change without any rhyme or reason besides 3 exact same letters, I doubt it's a substitution thing; in the first version of the sentence the "&" which would correlate with the 8 in the second sentence does not appear elsewhere.

That's 10 letters. :( I kept wanting to say that as well. It would fit perfectly.

They could be two different substitution ciphers, and he just happened to leave a couple letters unaltered.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I vote that to solve the puzzle, we cover ourselves in various animal poo poo and lick a toad.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Question: When we checked our ??? Bar after being El-potioned, we felt as though something was missing. Do we still have that feeling? Or did it clear up while we were recuperating?

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

You can communicate without talking.

I think that sentence had been mentioned the first time the gibberish appeared, it fits the letter count. That assumes the eleven letter word doesn't start with M and all the given letters are indeed gibberish.

We should find the battle toad and think "sleep outside" at it.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
First message

Y_@ pR1 M&aLB!H_M*/ O(^XxMQ >X0013a

As people were guessing.

Second message

Same number of letters as the first.

Y** *R* M********** ******* *******

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

Aades posted:

I think that sentence had been mentioned the first time the gibberish appeared, it fits the letter count. That assumes the eleven letter word doesn't start with M and all the given letters are indeed gibberish.

We should find the battle toad and think "sleep outside" at it.

When Diog gets around to the questions, one of mine was to try and mind message Danal again. If it works then yeah, it was all just gibberish.

We should totally mind message the toad though, preferably after licking a smaller toad.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Aades posted:

Do firecrackers exist in Ur?
No.

Zybourne Clock posted:

Question for Diog:
What does the cave entrance look like? Is it a crack in a mountain face, a hole in the ground, or something else? Basically I want to know if this plan is even remotely possible:

The cave mouth is a large hole in the side of a hill, just like in your drawing.

White Noise Marine posted:

Dio, can Snarls smell any differences between our blood, a common man's blood, or a blooded man's?
Every person smells unique. Your Blood is no more unusual than anyone elses, to his nose.

Affi posted:

Yeah sure catch a small one. Might learn a thing or two.

The walls of the cave, do they look like they've been hit with corrosive acid or fire?

Some of it looked like it MAY have been melted, but it could just be the natural style of the cave? Snarls says the entire place smells TERRIBLE, which indeed it does. If there is any acid, he can't pick it out. You have for a number of monsters in the past who had powerful acids. The burns in the walls are not obvious if they are burns. But they could be. Or not. Another look may help.

Basscop posted:

.ADDED: e: I'd like to grab a small one to study for sure. It may help. But given what we saw with the grove scorpion they smaller toads probably haven't got the full amount of powers and abilities that the big one has. While the big one might spit acid, hypnotic gaze, neurotoxin or whatever, it's highly likely that we won't learn that much from the small ones. But let's do it just in case.
You take one from the edge of the cave. They ignored you when you crept inside but the drat thing screeches not at all like a mamal in terror! You clamped a hand over it's mouth to quiet the drat thing and raced away from the cave. And it BIT you! It's teeth are quite sharp. It has small sharp claws as well. It is coated in a thick, disgusting and foul smelling coat of mucus. It struggles the entire time you hold it and looks like it would gladly chew your hand off if it could. When you think you can learn no more from it, what do you do? Kill it and look at it's insides? Throw it away? Return it to the cave? Eat it? Talk to it? Something else? Teethty, a new pet carnivorous toad for one of your kids? Take a bunch to toss in a pit at home like Hadad and his ranch of giant lizards near Baitel?

Diogines fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 13, 2014

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

Dissect it, eat a sample.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Toad pet!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Make it a living suppository and instruct it to find our lost poop.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
I have a bad feeling that if we aggro the toad-mother, we're gonna have to deal with a mass attack by thousands of little toothy biters swarming under our shields and chewing our legs :ohdear:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Ouroborus posted:

Dissect it, eat a sample.

:agreed:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

lick the toad

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Kill it, check it for poison glands or something.

Voting No on eating it or loving licking it.

We've seen loads of monsters and chopped up quite a few. Maybe we can recognize parts?

I will empathize that Basscops plan is the best in this situation! Hundreds of small little biters can be dealt with if we go with his plan. We also lure it out. It's the best way!

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
+1 plan Affi

Quickly check that wound!

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

Make a donkey lick it.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Toss it unless we're ready to throw down right now. It could release pheromones on death to frenzy the others.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Lick the toad, Enkidel. Time to go on a magical adventure.

VVVV Yeah, on second thought, let's not drain its magic juice and keep it for Indor.

Zybourne Clock fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Nov 13, 2014

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Keep it for Indor.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Wentley posted:

Keep it for Indor.

Can we keep it alive? If so why not. I mean, I'm sure she's either going to feed it to her plant or vivisect it.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

Wentley posted:

Keep it for Indor.

This.

Also Diog can we try the following at some point to assist those of us trying to decipher the Zodiac killer's message?

Ask Danal "Can you hear me?" by thinking at him.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.

Zybourne Clock posted:

Lick the toad, Enkidel. Time to go on a magical adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I know people think licking the toad is a fun vote, but let's loving not, these things are probably poisonous as hell and it'll just sad if we managed to survive getting our throat cut just to go out because we're loving morons.

Also no don't let Indor get her hands on live things. Didn't we vote against vivisection?

Both of those options should be full votes.