Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Dr. Hurt posted:

Quick what is everyone's favorite giant monster movie?

anything with MST3K in front of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motley
Nov 1, 2013
Confirmed too.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Confirming. Congratulations on being a jester Ernie

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

anything with MST3K in front of it

Someone post the gamera song. Gamera is really sweet. Gamera is made of turtle meat!

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
mine is Philadelphia, for the giant monster of discrimination hangs over us all

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Dr. Hurt posted:

Quick what is everyone's favorite giant monster movie? I am partial to king Kong vs. Godzilla.

there is so much heart and love that went into this movie that it's intoxicating :3:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

for those who've never seen it: http://www.amazon.com/Million-Miles-Earth-Anniversary-Edition/dp/B000QGEB1W

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Ernie. posted:

okay, since i'm close to being puppy cuddled i think i should claim

i am a serial killer

Day 1 is no time for jokes. ##vote Met

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I got my role! If someone has a mason-izer role, please use it on me. I have something very cool to share.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Whichever film where it turns out man was the monster all along.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

I got my role. I am the island itself.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Confirming that I am, in fact, actually a Jaeger. I'm gonna punch ALL the monsters.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Got my role and I am in fact the volcano.

The volcano is a separate entity from the island because

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I am herald for Terrordon. His chiseled bulk renders him incapable of operating human equipment. Also, we're fairly sure he can't read. Terrordon wishes it stated that any island showdown that does not take place on Long Island is "lame-o." He promises to claim victory for New York, City "The place that puts 'city' in 'Radocity.'" Please do not engage him on the etymology of that word; since this competition began, his rage has already diminished many unworthy subjects beneath his size 1113 Jordans.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

I am herald for Terrordon. His chiseled bulk renders him incapable of operating human equipment. Also, we're fairly sure he can't read. Terrordon wishes it stated that any island showdown that does not take place on Long Island is "lame-o." He promises to claim victory for New York, City "The place that puts 'city' in 'Radocity.'" Please do not engage him on the etymology of that word; since this competition began, his rage has already diminished many unworthy subjects beneath his size 1113 Jordans.

Don as in mob boss, SCUM SPOTTED ##vote Somberbrero

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
It means tooth, butthead. Not knowing the etymologies of monster name parts, clear scumslip.

##vote Punt

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

EXAKT Science posted:

It means tooth, butthead. Not knowing the etymologies of monster name parts, clear scumslip.

##vote Punt

Trap sprung! ##vote EXAKT science for taking my joke vote seriously.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Puntification posted:

Trap sprung! ##vote EXAKT science for taking my joke vote seriously.

Ha! My vote was a joke as well!

##vote Punt

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hi Ecco, welcome back.

##vote Ecco

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

EXAKT Science posted:

Ha! My vote was a joke as well!

##vote Punt

Voting the same person twice hey? Seems like someone is faking the appearance of activity while doing nothing...

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I wanna punch a monster. EXAKT's avatar looks like a monster.

I'm gonna punch it with my vote.

##vote EXAKT

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm gonna punch it with my vote.

##vote EXAKT

I find your choice of Exakt suspicious when AtrociousToaster, Somberbero, and Met all have literal monsters as avatars.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Puntification posted:

I find your choice of Exakt suspicious when AtrociousToaster, Somberbero, and Met all have literal monsters as avatars.

My Owlbear is very upset that you called him a monster, you made him cry. ##vote Punt

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Puntification (2): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, AtrociousToaster
EXAKT Science (2): Puntification, Poison Mushroom
Ernie. (1): EccoRaven
Met (1): Met
EccoRaven (1): Asiina
Somberbrero (0): Puntification, Puntification

Not Voting (16): bowmore, Dr. Hurt, Dugong, Ernie., fiery_valkyrie, HiipFire, Ixtlilton, Mad Rancher, Meinberg, merk, Monathin, Motley, Opopanax, Somberbrero, The Science of Suck, Tremendous Taste

With 23 alive, it's 12 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 17th, 2014 at midnight EST -- that's in about 3 days, 10 hours.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

AtrociousToaster posted:

My Owlbear is very upset that you called him a monster, you made him cry. ##vote Punt

That's clearly a just picture and therefore unable to feel emotions or have the tear ducts to express them fluidly. LYNCH ALL LIARS! ##vote atrocioustoast

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Puntification posted:

As always, I stand for Terrordon. Terrordon wishes it known that he does not consider smaller beings as monsters, as they are not capable of smashing humans underfoot. Objective criteria for determining monsterhood has always been the subject of much debate, but Terrordon did not earn his Monstergeddon gang tag by being anything less than, "the BIGGEST and the BADDEST and the RADDEST and the MADDEST monster you ever saw." Further communication from Terrordon will be sporadic in the short-term, as his outrage over a volcano being allowed to compete supersedes any consideration for our equipment.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Punching an adorable fire sprite is not satisfying. I wanna punch giant technicolor space squids.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Poison Mushroom posted:

Punching an adorable fire sprite is not satisfying. I wanna punch giant technicolor space squids.

Excuse me, but that is very clearly an octopus. All cephalopods aren't the same, don't be specieist!

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

Actually, Parasect = pokemon = pocket monster. Punch yourself.

##vote pmush

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

AtrociousToaster posted:

Actually, Parasect = pokemon = pocket monster. Punch yourself.

##vote pmush
Can't argue with that logic.

##vote PMush

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

What I'm a crab and everyone else is a volcano or a God

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Dugong posted:

Are you at least a giant crab?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Ok jokevoting is now over.

Night 0 I received a one-shot dayvig (some kind of ray gun). The message said I have to use it Day 1 or else it'll blow up in my face and kill me Night 1.

I want to use it now because jokevoting is dumb but unlike literally every other dayvig in the world I am going to use it as the town sees fit.

Who should I shoot? Unacceptable answers: me, merk, asiina, or Ixtlilton.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Dugong posted:

Well we know your personality but what does that say about your monster??

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

Night 0 I received a one-shot dayvig (some kind of ray gun). The message said I have to use it Day 1 or else it'll blow up in my face and kill me Night 1.

I want to use it now because jokevoting is dumb but unlike literally every other dayvig in the world I am going to use it as the town sees fit.

Ooh pick me pick me!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EccoRaven posted:

Hail. As Terrordon's herald, it up to me to interpret his will. Right now he is searching the island after hearing rumors about an appropriately sized basketball court, but I can assure you that he would encourage the disintegration of the silent. If a monster cannot issue forth many mighty roars in great succession, then they are barely a monster at all.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
While generally in the absence of a strong read I'd agree with a lurker vig, the day's not been open for that long and it's a weekday, so I think vigging someone now for not participating when they may be at work or whatever, would be kinda uncool.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Yeah no I'm not wasting it on a lurker thanks for the super helpful suggestion though.

e: super helpful

e2: :airquote: super. helpful. :airquote:

e3: I am being sarcastic do you get it?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Puntification posted:

While generally in the absence of a strong read I'd agree with a lurker vig, the day's not been open for that long and it's a weekday, so I think vigging someone now for not participating when they may be at work or whatever, would be kinda uncool.

A delay in this action was considered implicit. Terrordon is over six-hundred years old and as such, he often takes his wisdom for granted. As herald, I have shamed Terrordon by misspeaking and will be devoured after this missive. My eldest son will take on the position of herald, may his words carry the power of Terrordon's mighty feet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EccoRaven posted:

Yeah no I'm not wasting it on a lurker thanks for the super helpful suggestion though.

e: super helpful

e2: :airquote: super. helpful. :airquote:

e3: I am being sarcastic do you get it?

Terrordon, in his ancient wisdom, recalls a day many moons ago when Repeating Crow spoke to the power of smashing those who lurk beneath the surface. Terrordon supports this consideration, as these subterranean creatures often create inconvenient sink-holes that cause Terrordon much anguish and twisted ankles.

• Locked thread