Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
That really sucks. The creation suite options are The Reason to play these games. With puro, indy, and Fire Pro games not really being made any more, the suite allowed you to to go ahead and make that NJPW / 80s NWA / New Generation era game yourself with the accurate wrestlers, arenas, belts, and music. It was a sandbox of sorts that served as a great substitute for the total lack of wrestling games now compared to back in the day.

Back to 2k14 I guess. If you play it sim-ish (let the cpu get some offense in just for fun's sake FPR style) and not like a fighting game, it's not awful. 2 count glitch and all.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Nov 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Cardboard Box posted:

the character models really do look great this year, I just hope the other aspects of the presentation catch up in future releases. like the commentary is still just inexcusably bad considering how far it's come in other sports games.

striving for realism on this one

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I mean yeah commentary in WWE sucks in general but like WWE games have never been able to make it sound like actual live commentary, it's all so flat and stilted and you can tell they're just reading lines off a script, probably in just a single take or two. by contrast the UFC games have for a while had really good, mostly believable commentary and for a long time those were also made by Yuke's so I don't know what the reason for the disparity is

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dWHgnxJ1tA

Don't go gentle into that bad beard

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cardboard Box posted:

I mean yeah commentary in WWE sucks in general but like WWE games have never been able to make it sound like actual live commentary, it's all so flat and stilted and you can tell they're just reading lines off a script, probably in just a single take or two. by contrast the UFC games have for a while had really good, mostly believable commentary and for a long time those were also made by Yuke's so I don't know what the reason for the disparity is

Also, I've heard Lawler's, "And if you want to know what the WWE Universe thinks of THIS superstar, just listen to these cheers!" or whatever it is line in like three of these entrance videos already.

Maybe the UFC games are better commentary-wise because the guys doing the commentary have more passion for it so they're putting in more effort. Lawler has been bored for years.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cardboard Box posted:

It's because Joe Rogan sounds like a stoned glitchy robot even on UFC broadcasts in real life. Then again so does Lawler on Raw.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Weird, I've won two KOTR recently, getting a pair of Epics and a UR support.

Both wins got me a pair of Reys and a UR stop sign.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

simosimo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kia39QKsSSo

Mark Henry

Adrian Neville

and Jimmy Wang Yang Entrances

No "Mark Henry's giant back" camera shot 0/10

So they're kinda doing a Smash Brothers thing with the momentum percentage mechanic? That's actually interesting.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 12, 2014

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I dunno if it's just the crappy quality videos 2K put out, but even the PS4/xbone videos now sort of look like the THQ era graphics?

The videos look like they have a jpg filter on my screen [even on 720/1080 quality] so it probably looks great when actually playing.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Is that chain grapple stuff exclusive to the PS4/Xbone version?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
This was just posted in the PYF game glitches thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dow9ZDlaipk

Seth Rollins, Jedi Master.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Snacksmaniac posted:

Is that chain grapple stuff exclusive to the PS4/Xbone version?
Yes

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

pressedbunny posted:

You wouldn't tolerate a racing game that perfectly simulates real driving but only features two tracks or just has the same one song on loop or whatever.

The fact that I only ever play Daytona USA with "Let's Go Away" on the soundtrack suggests otherwise

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

simosimo posted:

I dunno if it's just the crappy quality videos 2K put out, but even the PS4/xbone videos now sort of look like the THQ era graphics?

The videos look like they have a jpg filter on my screen [even on 720/1080 quality] so it probably looks great when actually playing.
If you're watching via YouTube then you're never going to get the full resolution, and, until now, the frame rate. (If the game does actually reach 60fps.)

However, it's also very, very common in game development for graphics to take a hit after trailers and screenshots have already been put out. When media is first released the game won't have been optimised yet, and may not even have been run on the actual console hardware. Months down the line the developer will test their game out on the consoles and realise oh poo poo, the frame rate's dire or the lighting engine doesn't quite work out how they expected, or whatever. So these things are scaled back until they do work smoothly—or often, just smooth enough—on consumer hardware.

Also, the one part 2K have been completely open about since the beginning is that while many wrestlers' faces and bodies were scanned using the new tech, many only had their faces scanned and some weren't scanned at all. They are also reusing a lot of the old entrance animations. So no, not everyone is going to look as sharp as Cena and Orton do in those first screenshots. Between outdated models and outdated animations, some people are still going to look janky, albeit with slightly nicer specular lighting.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
I've heard "...and Bo Dallas with a 180!" in such a short amount of time. Both Cole and King say it.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Solomonic posted:

The fact that I only ever play Daytona USA with "Let's Go Away" on the soundtrack suggests otherwise

Good man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNdxnhL-kqs

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

New tier in supercard coming, called "Survivor"

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

IcePhoenix posted:

New tier in supercard coming, called "Survivor"

Maybe it's for some kind of Survivor Series PCC?

Also, anyone else notice the autumn-themed background change in SuperCard?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah it owns. I was trying to figure out what this orange background animation was - some badass flames or whatnot? But no, it is some lovely autumn foliage.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

smashpro1 posted:

Maybe it's for some kind of Survivor Series PCC?

Nope, it's a new tier. Look at the bonus, it's higher than the previous PCC because those are still Legendaries. The starting stats are also way higher, too. e: also its max level is 45

Also the devs tweeted it.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Nov 13, 2014

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Jonny Angel posted:

Yeah it owns. I was trying to figure out what this orange background animation was - some badass flames or whatnot? But no, it is some lovely autumn foliage.

Also some snow flurries.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The chain wrestling and stamina stuff sounds amazing, and if it plays as well as the video leads you to believe it could be a literal game-changer. No more running straight into dropkicks and suplexes and power slams? That'd be awesome.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

A new tier of card is pretty much exactly what I'll be needing as incentive to keep playing soon. Gotta keep that treadmill of progression moving at all costs! :shepicide:

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBhSz_bC_qI&t=1377s

Caw mode

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Looks like most of the outlandish stuff is gone. Great for Black Tribal Dude CAW #763763, not great for anything else.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I think you can still unlock clothes and moves during the mycareer mode, at least I hope you can

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Also the CAW actually looks like he belongs in this game rather than a cartoon or whatever.

I'll gladly drop some clothes / masks / weird poo poo if it means my CAW won't stick out like a sore thumb.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Phenix Rising posted:

The chain wrestling and stamina stuff sounds amazing, and if it plays as well as the video leads you to believe it could be a literal game-changer. No more running straight into dropkicks and suplexes and power slams? That'd be awesome.

Haha I watched it and thought that it sounded like the least fun thing I wanna do is go into some kind of mini game to play wrestling. The desperation pin thing tied to stamina looked pretty cool though and added some nifty realism to it.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Triple H vs Daniel Bryan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-02-c8ZiDqY&list=UUxWypy81laoaOKJOhKiV2Zw

I guess it's exactly what I expected. A few new things like HHH's desperation pedigree are cool. The rest looks basically the same as 2K14.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Daniel Bryan posted:

Triple H vs Daniel Bryan

I guess it's exactly what I expected. A few new things like HHH's desperation pedigree are cool. The rest looks basically the same as 2K14.
Five snowflake ending right there.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Daniel Bryan posted:

Triple H vs Daniel Bryan

where the gently caress is the ref?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

coconono posted:

where the gently caress is the ref?
They've never included the ref in table matches. Because.

Nice to see the previous lovely item physics are in, too. As a (sincere) fan of dumb physics engines, I like seeing tables fly out of the ring by themselves as they lightly brush against the ropes.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
if you dont give a care about the create a stuff and just want to take a dude through a mycareer like in nba2k, and maybe mess with the rivalry thing for like 3 minutes, the ps4 version is still looking hella decent right?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I have a $400 gamemachine that's so advanced it runs my loving living room and Yukes still can't figure out ref.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

John Romero posted:

if you dont give a care about the create a stuff and just want to take a dude through a mycareer like in nba2k, and maybe mess with the rivalry thing for like 3 minutes, the ps4 version is still looking hella decent right?

These games usually look hella decent but after people play them for a little while the flaws show up.

This one doesn't even look hella decent so I assume it's going to be even worse.

If I were you I'd wait and see, unless you're desperate to spend $60 on something right this minute

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
According to, well, every major game site, the review copies of the PS4/One versions of WWE 2k15 have only just been turning up and the embargo on any comments or reviews lifts on the night of release. Locking down reviews until the game is actually on sale is very typical for under-performing games or titles that the publisher otherwise thinks are not going to get hugely positive reviews.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Review embargoes tend to be pretty meaningful when it comes to movies, but they're a lot more common in games given the relationship between publishers and the press. The new Dragon Age's reviews started coming out a week before release and that was highly unusual.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

I don't know if it's just random or my imagination, but Supercard has been really generous with drops today.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

triplexpac posted:

These games usually look hella decent but after people play them for a little while the flaws show up.

This one doesn't even look hella decent so I assume it's going to be even worse.

If I were you I'd wait and see, unless you're desperate to spend $60 on something right this minute

its probably gonna be 30 on black friday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

pressedbunny posted:

According to, well, every major game site, the review copies of the PS4/One versions of WWE 2k15 have only just been turning up and the embargo on any comments or reviews lifts on the night of release. Locking down reviews until the game is actually on sale is very typical for under-performing games or titles that the publisher otherwise thinks are not going to get hugely positive reviews.

giant bomb has actually talked about this thing in recent weeks. a lot of review embargos are either the day of or day before release, it doesn't usually mean anything.

that said i'm not expecting this game to be reviewed super well, but wrestling games almost never are