Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What's all this poo poo about Pat Sajak walking off the set of Wheel of Fortune?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

zoux posted:

What's all this poo poo about Pat Sajak walking off the set of Wheel of Fortune?

It was just him being jokingly exasperated at people making stupid guesses. He came right back.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

But CNNs headline made it seem like a real thing!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

But CNNs headline made it seem like a real thing!

CNN would never make an intentionally misleading headline to drive traffic! They're the most trusted name in news, it says so right on all their commercials!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Regy Rusty posted:

It was just him being jokingly exasperated at people making stupid guesses. He came right back.

To be fair, Pat Sajack is kind of a lunatic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20QgC43hSCM

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Regy Rusty posted:

He was just doing his best Steve Harvey impression.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I don't want to go into the Arrow thread because it's big and scary, but my roommate has been watching through Arrow and Flash, and I'll be damned if that girl who plays Felicity is not the most adorable person on TV.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yoshifan823 posted:

I don't want to go into the Arrow thread because it's big and scary, but my roommate has been watching through Arrow and Flash, and I'll be damned if that girl who plays Felicity is not the most adorable person on TV.

Yeah, she's so adorable that she can be all over a genre show and no one on the internet is calling her gendered slurs, it's weird.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

zoux posted:

Yeah, she's so adorable that she can be all over a genre show and no one on the internet is calling her gendered slurs, it's weird.
Yeah I think that's what Laurel is usually there for, unfortunately.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I was going to say, it's a mixture of that and Felicity being the biggest nerdbait character this side of Kaylee.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Well this should make things interesting: http://money.cnn.com/2014/11/13/media/sony-announces-vue/index.html?hpt=hp_t4

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I doubt I'll ever hear of this again.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Why do you say that?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

IRQ posted:

Why do you say that?

Every PlayStation TV accessory Sony release basically sputters out and dies.

Because, if I'm reading that article right, you need a PlayStation for this, don't you?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Well, a lot of people have PlayStations and hate paying for cable.

I have a PS3 and I don't have cable TV. So this service is tempting, just depends on what they have on offer.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

precision posted:

I have a PS3 and I don't have cable TV. So this service is tempting, just depends on what they have on offer.

Yeah, this doesn't sound like it will be any better than cable. Still not a la carte and still just as expensive:

"But Sony left out the most important detail: how much Vue will cost. It said the price would be "fair and competitive." In other words: Vue won't be cheaper than the TV packages most households already pay for. In fact, it might be a little more expensive. "

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I know most people probably wouldn't want to watch 9 1/2 seasons of Supernatural just for one episode, but you should totally watch the latest episode even if you've never seen the show before.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, this doesn't sound like it will be any better than cable. Still not a la carte and still just as expensive:

"But Sony left out the most important detail: how much Vue will cost. It said the price would be "fair and competitive." In other words: Vue won't be cheaper than the TV packages most households already pay for. In fact, it might be a little more expensive. "

I highly doubt that it will be as expensive, let alone more. You're neglecting to realize that Sony doesn't have to have any infrastructure whatsoever to do this. Pricing is also something that they probably need to see how the test run goes before they can do it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

precision posted:

Too bad you still need internet access for this, and laffo if you think cable providers are gonna let Sony cut into their racket.
Also, why the hell would I want this if it won't work with my DVR setup?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

IRQ posted:

I highly doubt that it will be as expensive, let alone more. You're neglecting to realize that Sony doesn't have to have any infrastructure whatsoever to do this. Pricing is also something that they probably need to see how the test run goes before they can do it.

:shrug: I'm just quoting the article, if they are wrong, then this becomes far more interesting.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

King Burgundy posted:

:shrug: I'm just quoting the article, if they are wrong, then this becomes far more interesting.

Yeah, I do apologize for posting something from CNN. I was more referring to the fact that this is a thing that exists and not whatever CNN hack's idiotic predictions for it are.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

IRQ posted:

I was going to say, it's a mixture of that and Felicity being the biggest nerdbait character this side of Kaylee.
All Felicity is missing is actually being a redhead, that is what all the prime nerdbait characters generally are.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

precision posted:

I know most people probably wouldn't want to watch 9 1/2 seasons of Supernatural just for one episode, but you should totally watch the latest episode even if you've never seen the show before.

This. Also, watch the first five seasons and pretend it ends after season 5.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mystery solved.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3RSAEKfWds

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

Pillowpants posted:

Or really, before the last five seconds of season 5.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Pillowpants posted:

All kidding aside it's amazing how consistent and still good Supernatural has managed to stay over 9 seasons.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Wandle Cax posted:

All kidding aside it's amazing how consistent and still good Supernatural has managed to stay over 9 seasons.

I really don't think it has though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of "supernatural" shows, USA has ordered a new genre series starring perennial "that guy" Dallas Roberts called Evil Men. The premise is that Roberts plays an average family man who starts hearing a voice commanding him to kill certain people in order to stave off a disaster.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

I really don't think it has though.

Well that's ok. Season 4 or 5 was the best for sure but even though it does get formulaic I think it's shown remarkable longevity. Both in quality and audience. Especially for a show of its genre which are prone to nosedives in quality.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Wandle Cax posted:

Well that's ok. Season 4 or 5 was the best for sure but even though it does get formulaic I think it's shown remarkable longevity. Both in quality and audience. Especially for a show of its genre which are prone to nosedives in quality.

I do agree that it's not nose dived, but I don't feel it does anything fresh or interesting either. I just can't afford the time to watch a show stuck in limbo. I feel like it you've seen the first five seasons you've seen everything the show has to offer. Sure, you can stick around for the remixed seasons, and you might enjoy it, but you'll also be aware it's just a rearranged version of the original that offers nothing new.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Pillowpants posted:

Nah always watch the episodes that heavily feature Crowley. He deserves his own show.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Or just watch them all and make your own drat opinion.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

GreenNight posted:

Or just watch them all and make your own drat opinion.

9 seasons is a lot, I think it's OK to hear some opinions before committing to doing that.

That said if you like any season I think you'll like them all more or less. Season 7 was a pretty decent uptick in quality. It's like Angel was; even when it's "bad" it's still good.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

muscles like this? posted:

Speaking of "supernatural" shows, USA has ordered a new genre series starring perennial "that guy" Dallas Roberts called Evil Men. The premise is that Roberts plays an average family man who starts hearing a voice commanding him to kill certain people in order to stave off a disaster.

By sheer coincidence last month Amazon greenlit a show with an almost identical premise.

precision posted:

Nah always watch the episodes that heavily feature Crowley. He deserves his own show.

Kevin Tran has been great too. I loved how they took such a stock character (over-achieving Asian schoolboy with an overbearing mother) and made him into such a badass.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The difference seems to be that the Amazon show is ambiguous while the USA one is more straightforward.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
At the very least, anyone who was a fan of the first five seasons of Supernatural owes it to themselves to check out the comedy episodes that have aired since. Ones like the most recent Fan Fiction and the hilarious The French Mistake. You don't really need the context of the missed material to enjoy them, as long as you already know the basic themes of the show.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
Finally got around to watching the final season of 30 Rock.

It was great.

Why were the final few episodes shot almost entirely with green screens? It was super noticeable.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

precision posted:

9 seasons is a lot, I think it's OK to hear some opinions before committing to doing that.

That said if you like any season I think you'll like them all more or less. Season 7 was a pretty decent uptick in quality. It's like Angel was; even when it's "bad" it's still good.

Wasn't season 7 the leviathan season? I think that one was the worst season of the show's run.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Just started watching Rectify. Am I correct in my first impression that this show is extremely good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

WYA posted:

Just started watching Rectify. Am I correct in my first impression that this show is extremely good?

Yes. It's very good. Top notch acting.

• Locked thread