Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

three and a quarter, idiot

five and a quarter, and three and a half, scrub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Same Great Paste posted:

five and a quarter, and three and a half, scrub

that can't be right nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

my e-cred

*breaks down like the guilty party at the end of a case in Ace Attorney*

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

i have literally never understood the purpose of the skateboard in that scene

or of almost any scene in the movie but especially that bit

also complete side note a friend of mine went to vegas saw penn and teller and told penn jillette "you were great in Hackers", which appeared to visibly irritate him

knai

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
only after watching that gif several times do I think to ask what the hell is crash wearing

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

this is hawaiian for "lmao." in hawaii you type with your right hand shifted one key to the left.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

:glomp:

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

FCKGW posted:

how do I make an animated gif of a website purchase?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

it's really a good lifehack to do things that mildly irritate celebrities, such as reminding penn jillette about hackers, asking steven seagal if he's putting on weight for his next role, or calling darius rucker "Hootie"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

theflyingorc posted:

it's really a good lifehack to do things that mildly irritate celebrities, such as reminding penn jillette about hackers, asking steven seagal if he's putting on weight for his next role, or calling darius rucker "Hootie"

i've always wanted to do something like that

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

prefect posted:

vince mcmahon is so weird to me. my brain still says "wait, the guy who was doing play-by-play commentary actually owned it all?"

vince is a super hands on intense dude who really cares about his product and selling it*

announcing does make sense

besides it isn't like he isn't yelling at the commentary team during the broadcast these days and twisted michael cole into a broken she'll of a man in process

*- free for novmber, normally it's 9.99

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

bah gawd

woozle wuzzle
Mar 10, 2012
I've finally looked up the BFL case in PACER, and holy poo poo.

It looks like ...! is on top of it, but god drat.

quote:

ORDER
The Court is aware of the growing lack of civility and professionalism among the parties in this case and, therefore, puts the parties on notice of several options available to it if such conduct continues. Through its inherent power to maintain respect and decorum, the Court is granted the flexibility to equitably tailor a sanction that appropriately fits any misconduct. See Plaintiffs’ Baycol Steering Comm. v. Bayer Corp., 419 F.3d 794, 802 (8th Cir. 2005) (recognizing inherent power to sanction after notice and opportunity to be heard). Available sanctions include a lecture from the Court, a monetary penalty, a recommendation by the Court to the appropriate bar association that the attorney be subject to disciplinary action, or a public reprimand directly by the Court and made available on the Court’s website.

The Court recognizes that this is a contentious and vigorously disputed lawsuit. But the Court expects the parties to treat each other, the Temporary Receiver (which is appointed by, and serves as, an officer of the Court), and the Court with professionalism and respect. Name calling, veiled suggestions, ad hominem attacks, and unfounded accusations directed at opposing counsel, the Temporary Receiver, or the Court will not be tolerated and potentially subjects a party to the above sanctions.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
Dated: October 27, 2014 /s/ Brian C. Wimes
JUDGE BRIAN C. WIMES
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT

The transcripts of the hearings that resulted in this will be released in January. It'll be a late christmas.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

woozle wuzzle posted:

The transcripts of the hearings that resulted in this will be released in January. It'll be a late christmas.

feels like Xmas every month lately. I can't wait for pisssssssssss december now that were well into fart november

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

woozle wuzzle posted:

yusssss

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

theflyingorc posted:

i did this without thinking to terry pratchett once

was a group of about maybe thirty people at a bookstore signing, somebody asked about a sequel to good omens and he said something along the lines of "people think that neil gaiman and i are a lot closer than we are"

and i, being a complete rear end in a top hat who thought he was being funny, said without thinking at all, "yeah, i've read that fanfic"

the audience howled and pratchett gave me this look like he wanted me to burst into flame, and i sort of hid behind a friend and kept my mouth shut the rest of the q/a session

he still signed my copy of "monstrous regiment" later, but he was still giving that look and i feel kind of bad about it even now

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I think trust-fund children run buttcoin. And I'm right. All upper class, white suburbanites with family ties to the financial industry.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Heresiarch posted:

he still signed my copy of "monstrous regiment" later, but he was still giving that look and i feel kind of bad about it even now

dont feel bad that wasnt even a burn on him

Greed is eternal
Jun 8, 2008

Heresiarch posted:

was a group of about maybe thirty people at a bookstore signing, somebody asked about a sequel to good omens and he said something along the lines of "people think that neil gaiman and i are a lot closer than we are"

and i, being a complete rear end in a top hat who thought he was being funny, said without thinking at all, "yeah, i've read that fanfic"

the audience howled and pratchett gave me this look like he wanted me to burst into flame, and i sort of hid behind a friend and kept my mouth shut the rest of the q/a session

how is this not an appropriate joke?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Greed is eternal posted:

how is this not an appropriate joke?

it's great pratchett was just mad 'cause he got upstaged at his own event

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
because the joke was basically "wouldn't it be funny if people wrote slash fanfic about you two" and that's really not a funny idea at all to the people in question. yeah, it's hysterical to everybody else but not to him for what should be obvious reasons

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Heresiarch posted:

because the joke was basically "wouldn't it be funny if people wrote slash fanfic about you two" and that's really not a funny idea at all to the people in question. yeah, it's hysterical to everybody else but not to him for what should be obvious reasons

because he know in his heart that he secretly writes pratchett & gaiman slash?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

unpacked robinhood posted:

I think trust-fund children run buttcoin. And I'm right. All upper class, white suburbanites with family ties to the financial industry.
to be fair I think that's almost everyone who is able to engage in speculative/startup culture as anything other than a disposable labor unit to be scrummed into a fine paste to boost burn rate

I mean poo poo didn't Bill Gates end up sticking with microsoft mostly because his family was willing to pay his rent while his partners had to go get real jobs to pay bills?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Heresiarch posted:

I would find it really funny if somebody said that about me, but it's the kind of thing that weirds out people too old to be the internet generation.

also, terry pratchett owns too much, please troll less cool targets in the future

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Heresiarch posted:

they're two famous people nerd like

of course there's fan fiction of them loving. I'm not going to look for it.

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
if he didn't forget about it shortly afterward, he's forgotten about it by now

oh

i made myself really sad

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
it would have been really funny if heresiarch said "buttcoin" to terry pratchet the famous person

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

FrozenVent posted:

they're two famous people nerd like

of course there's fan fiction of them loving. I'm not going to look for it.

I believe the correct term is "shipping"

Hilbert Spaceship
Mar 15, 2007

If I was dyslexic I'd even hate dog too.

Heresiarch posted:

this is still a better story than monstrous regiment though, prob his weakest

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Disabled Hitler posted:

this is still a better story than monstrous regiment though, prob his weakest

wrong

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE

Hilbert Spaceship
Mar 15, 2007

If I was dyslexic I'd even hate dog too.

nah it was bad

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE

Disabled Hitler posted:

nah it was bad
even ignoring his obviously worse ones like moving pictures and snuff, MR is really good

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

why indeed, why DO people like you have all the money

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
edit: nvm

killhamster fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Nov 14, 2014

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Thesoro posted:

even ignoring his obviously worse ones like moving pictures and snuff, MR is really good

Cthinema. :colbert:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Thesoro posted:

if he didn't forget about it shortly afterward, he's forgotten about it by now

oh

i made myself really sad

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Thesoro posted:

I had a really hard time finishing Last Continent, Eric is basically half-finished ideas, Light Fantastic is a snoozer, that vampire one is pretty bad

Every watch book owns and anyone who disagrees is stupid

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

theflyingorc posted:

Every watch book owns and anyone who disagrees is stupid

biggest :agreed: possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
the one about opera was tough for me to get into, because i have no understanding of or interest in opera :shrug:

but there were brilliant bits in it. they've all got some redeeming factors

• Locked thread