Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Boring things you should know:

Don't talk about the comics. Actually you can totally talk about the comics. Just put it in spoiler tags. Is this season good? Most people think so. Is this the worst thread? No, this is the best thread in TVIV. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

precision fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Nov 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I genuinely like it when Beth sings.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Hey new thread. So odds on Carol surviving?

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Wizard of Smart posted:

zero. WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wizard of Smart posted:

She's already dead.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I'm still smarter than you. *gets punched right the gently caress out*

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Surlaw posted:

I genuinely like it when Beth sings.

Me too.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Rip bob

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Steven Yeun is doing a thing.

http://www.befunnystudios.com/subdetail.asp?contentCd=98&videoId=Zb2dZU1Q-o4c60hVw&videoType=jw

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
ugh it hasn't even been one page and you had to spoil that the Governor is coming back. Come on man. :(

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

precision posted:

ugh it hasn't even been one page and you had to spoil that the Governor is coming back. Come on man. :(

That's not the governor, it's his homesteadding twin come down from the appalachians to discover a post apocalyptic world and a host of people who hate him even though never having met him.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

This rules, very glad to see Korea survived the zombies.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
But honestly where is the one eyed dog.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Bob was a good man.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

You guys had me thinking Bob was potentially a serial killer.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

xxEightxx posted:

But honestly where is the one eyed dog.

Feeding rats at the prison.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Wizard of Smart posted:

Feeding rats at the prison.

Because... they're friends, right? :ohdear:

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
So I'm no longer hate watching this show, I'm now just despondantly staring at the screen with no emotion.

Do people feel that zombies are not even a threat in this show anymore? The only drama when it comes to advesaries seems to be other humans that they cross.

From a hose being the most effective weapon I have seen in 3 seasons, to Tyrese killing a small pack of zombies with his bare hands to the last episode where 5 survivors took down about 30 zombies with nothing but pocket knives. Seriously, I was watching one of the zombies/extras and it was just pathetically pawing away at a dudes shoulder waiting until he dealt with another threat before getting obliterated itself.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

xcore posted:

So I'm no longer hate watching this show, I'm now just despondantly staring at the screen with no emotion.
That's stupid, find something better to do.

xcore posted:

Do people feel that zombies are not even a threat in this show anymore? The only drama when it comes to advesaries seems to be other humans that they cross.
Yes that's the point of the show. People are the real monsters, Carol died and is reborn as the Angel of Death, Beth is kawaii.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

xcore posted:

The only drama when it comes to advesaries seems to be other humans that they cross.
This is Zombies 101.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Surlaw posted:

That's stupid, find something better to do.

Counter point, Sunday nights are boring and there isn't anything better to do.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Lmao if we ever get an OP from someone who isn't decidedly "meh" about the show.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Someone please post a good gif of Eugene staring at Abe and Rosita's sex times. Not the almost-black one.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Hopefully the zombies evolve wings soon and/or shoot corrosive acid from their eyeballs because flying acid zombies would be hella sick and finally provide a real threat to the group again. Not holding my breath but I'll stick around and hatewatch for a minimum of three, possibly five more seasons to see if it happens

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Lmao if we ever get an OP from someone who isn't decidedly "meh" about the show.

I actually really like the show but this is the thread it deserves. :colbert:

Surlaw posted:

Beth is kawaii.

This but unironically.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

unlimited shrimp posted:

This is Zombies 101.
I don't get all this faux Zombie essentialism. Weren't Zombie movies a slightly more blunt version of No Exit since the first Romero?
Or, at least the second, with the living dead mostly being there to lock people in with each other?

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

It's more than just Zombies 101, it's successful television show 101.

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy
Ya know after maybe two plus years of zombie apocalypse livin you'd probably get pretty fuckin good at killin em, or become one yourself

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cingulate posted:

I don't get all this faux Zombie essentialism. Weren't Zombie movies a slightly more blunt version of No Exit since the first Romero?
Or, at least the second, with the living dead mostly being there to lock people in with each other?

Night of the Living Dead was about race relations in the 60s.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Na'at posted:

Ya know after maybe two plus years of zombie apocalypse livin you'd probably get pretty fuckin good at killin em

Like Eugene?

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

precision posted:

Night of the Living Dead was about race relations in the 60s.
As was No Exit.

:colbert:

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

xcore posted:

I think that was partly why they included Abe telling Glenn that only tough people are left, or something along those lines.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
It feels weird, this thread, for this season. It's like there's way more rape to talk about, but 100% less Aatrek. Just doesn't add up man.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

euphronius posted:

When you think about, we - the audience - were eugene in that scene when Abe was porking the asian chick...

Fun fact: Rosita is the number 7 female baby name in Asian countries.

Thanks for the new thread! Old thread had gone full-retard.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

This is Big Boss if he was abandoned by the government when he got back and he traveled around as a hobo.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
I found out what the scientist said to rick.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Crankit posted:

He talked about the deer?

He got pretty good at using other people to kill/die to zombies for him.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Crankit posted:

"actually, its about ethics in video james journalism"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

newbinator
Nov 14, 2014

Get your shit together, and put it in a backpack, all your shit, so it's together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere. You know? Take it to the shit store and sell it. Or put it in a shit museum, I don't care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
Get your shit together.
As an avid lover of this show, I seriously hope poo poo picks up again soon because it's getting a little tiresome sitting here watching this bunch of morons squabble over tinned beans for fifty minutes at a time.

• Locked thread