Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

They took Space War and crossed it with Defender and took out the dumbass civvies and it just owns. Got it on my Vita and it's a great toilet game. :)

Anyone got any hot tips on how to beat a zeppelin? Because I can't. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I believe in you, Great Joe. If you try your hardest, I'm sure you'll be victorious :)

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!
My memory is lovely, but I believe I had the most luck killing zepplins with the melee body. Takes a while, but it was the most consistent for me.

Or the nuke body.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Lemming posted:

I believe in you, Great Joe. If you try your hardest, I'm sure you'll be victorious :)
Aw, shucks. I'll try my best! :)

CaptainFish posted:

My memory is lovely, but I believe I had the most luck killing zepplins with the melee body. Takes a while, but it was the most consistent for me.

Or the nuke body.
Yeah, I've been having the most luck with actually getting to the first zeppelin with Melee, and surviving inside the zeppelin's sprite is much easier than dodging its missiles. Haven't managed it the whole way through but it's worth practising I guess. Might try to use the Nuke body just to get that first kill in, there's so many missions locked behind that first zeppelin kill.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
I've only gotten a zeppelin to spawn like two times, and couldn't kill it either time. I even had the nuke body for one of them.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Luft Rausers owns
Nuclear Throne owns
Super crate box owns
Gun godz owns

pretty much what im saying is I would do all sorts of sexual favors for Rami and JW

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I nuked a zeppelin! :woop:

What's SFMT?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Remember to call the game by it's official meme name, fluffy trausers

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

SeXReX posted:

Remember to call the game by it's official meme name, fluffy trausers
I like the name as it is. It fits the Nazi German stereotyping theme the rest of the game has going on (the results guy with the one bad eye is spot-on :) ). Think it's supposed to mean something like "Air Marcher" or something like that.

edit: Wait, no I got it! Of course, it's so simple! "Skywalker"!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ive been playing this after isaac sessions and it's cool. i normally live for about a minute and then die from divebombing boats or something

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

SeXReX posted:

Luft Rausers owns
Nuclear Throne owns
Super crate box owns
Gun godz owns

pretty much what im saying is I would do all sorts of sexual favors for Rami and JW

Ridiculous fishing owns

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Great Joe posted:

I like the name as it is. It fits the Nazi German stereotyping theme the rest of the game has going on (the results guy with the one bad eye is spot-on :) ). Think it's supposed to mean something like "Air Marcher" or something like that.

edit: Wait, no I got it! Of course, it's so simple! "Skywalker"!

nope

it literally translates to "air-outers", in the sense of someone that lets the air out of sth

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Das Butterbrot posted:

nope

it literally translates to "air-outers", in the sense of someone that lets the air out of sth
Are you saying these are jets powered by farts? Man, this game really does rule. :)

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

thuly posted:

Ridiculous fishing owns

Truth.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Great Joe posted:

What's SFMT?
So Many loving Targets

Very accurate.

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Das Butterbrot posted:

nope

it doesn't actually

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Pumprag posted:

it doesn't actually
What does it actually mean? :aaa:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
luftrausers is cool, i don't think i've played a game with better arcade controls in a long time

i like the challenge/upgrade system too

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Great Joe posted:

What's SFMT?

its something youre not ready for if you can only kill a zepplin the bitchmade way

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

its something youre not ready for if you can only kill a zepplin the bitchmade way
I think you may be right, though I did manage to complete a few challenges. They seemed pretty easy, though, like they were just checking whether I had gotten to SMFT or not.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Pumprag posted:

it doesn't actually

it does, its the only translation that makes any sense at all

but in reality theyy justt threw 2 gerrrman words together cause they sound cool and 1 of them references air

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

thuly posted:

Ridiculous fishing owns

Thanks I always forget about this one because I'm an android baby.

Serious San the random encounter is ok but could definitely own some more.

A stand up cab of this would drain me of all my quarters so fast.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Didn't this game get a ton of poo poo for the Nazi look?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Sir John Feelgood posted:

Yeah there was a whole lot of controversy and then Rami came out and was all "we never said they were nazis stop projecting"

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Ridiculous fishing is out on android I played it on a plane

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

thuly posted:

Ridiculous fishing is out on android I played it on a plane

Holy poo poo why did I think it was ios only this owns bones.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Sir John Feelgood posted:

Can we not? :ohdear:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Just killed a zeppelin with a laser on a build that was all-random! :woop: Think it was called the Tube Fighter or something like that. Almost took down a second zeppelin, too. Nice to know their butt is their weakness.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

SeXReX posted:

Holy poo poo why did I think it was ios only this owns bones.

because the android version came out after the ios version, on a humble bundle

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Great Joe posted:

Just killed a zeppelin with a laser on a build that was all-random! :woop: Think it was called the Tube Fighter or something like that. Almost took down a second zeppelin, too. Nice to know their butt is their weakness.

congrats

yeah my favorite build is laser heavy body jet engine. laser is really good for zeppelins and battleships because you dont have to see them to hit them with it

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

congrats

yeah my favorite build is laser heavy body jet engine. laser is really good for zeppelins and battleships because you dont have to see them to hit them with it

Same but hover engine instead

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

i never really got good at this game, but i feel like the only way to get a high score is to game the enemy spawns somehow. when the game starts to spam battleships, it means fewer planes + boats in the level, and it's impossible to get a good combo at that point. i feel like 1 battleship counts as multiple smaller enemies too, in terms of the overall cap.

not sure what the best strategy would be, but i guess it involves keeping the initial swarm of planes alive and picking away at it when your combo starts to run out, and just hope you don't get too many battleships.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Spread + Bomb + Gungine = Bob Raus

This game has the best details. :allears:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like to put on some really heavy Dubstep and pretend this is a rhythm game

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

EvilMike posted:

i never really got good at this game, but i feel like the only way to get a high score is to game the enemy spawns somehow. when the game starts to spam battleships, it means fewer planes + boats in the level, and it's impossible to get a good combo at that point. i feel like 1 battleship counts as multiple smaller enemies too, in terms of the overall cap.

not sure what the best strategy would be, but i guess it involves keeping the initial swarm of planes alive and picking away at it when your combo starts to run out, and just hope you don't get too many battleships.

Play in Hard Mode if you want combos

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

i'm no nazi expert but my extensive experience with hogans heroes indicates that the luftwaffe were just soldiers following orders and it was the ss that were the actual active nazi party members and probably predates the whole nazi fad entirely

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

chaosbreather posted:

i'm no nazi expert but my extensive experience with hogans heroes indicates that the luftwaffe were just soldiers following orders and it was the ss that were the actual active nazi party members and probably predates the whole nazi fad entirely

Thats not really fair though because someone who watches a lot of Hogan's Heroes probably knows more about nazis than the average american public school educated person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Acquire Currency! posted:

I like to put on some really heavy Dubstep and pretend this is a rhythm game

But this game has really loving good music, so don't do that.

• Locked thread