Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Monathin posted:

I think that Ernie's right, because anyone who seems super town-sided would be easy enough to pick as a target even with a mafia that doesn't know each other, and obfuscating your intentions to some degree helps keep the mafia from being able to make coordinated decisions.

I do think "therefore fullclaim" is a loving bonkers logical endpoint to take that, however, but at the same time with dayvig already burned on a townie (if admittedly one nobody liked) I'm not really sure that's enough to vote Ernie. If we mess up and Ernie's just playing by his own rules (IE, seem scummy to draw attention away from scum trying to target him), then we're down two townies on day one going into night one. That strikes me as... suboptimal at best.

Wow this post is loving incomprehensible in some places, Edit By Way Of Post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

As always, I speak for Terrordon. Terrordon has given all loyal subjects the weekend off in celebration of His imminent victory over all monsters. The disloyal subjects shall envy the dead.

Girlfriend is out of town this weekend and she took my laptop. Don't wanna lynch Ernie or Meinstein, wanna lynch Dugong or JJ(he will forget the game exists at some point).

Hey, I am very aware of this game existing!

What game are we playing, again?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Nah I disagree with Ernie. Each player has different views of what is and isn't scummy. By saying that everyone should act scummy it just makes the later days harder as anyone can use the defence of "oh I was told to act scummy".

The probability is that a scum won't get killed by their own at night but they won't all vote for the same target anyway. Acting scummy is not the right way to go.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Asiina posted:

I agree with Ernie. Anyone who is super obviously town is an easy coordinated attack for scum. The more doubt scum has that town players are actually town, the more likely scum are to hit their own with the night kill.

Everyone needs to walk this line, not just scum.

This works the other way round as well the more doubt town has about who the scum are the more likely we are to lynch town - We could just as easily split uncoordinated votes by the majority of us being "obviously" towny as by all playing borderline scummy and loving up the ability to scumhunt.

I think ecco's right on the money, both about this and about ernie's full-claim proposal being terrible.

But I also note that Hiipfire did a yuming on me and hasn't come back to give any opinions on anything so more people should start voting him imo.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Unless you're calling someone scum because of the preexisting discussion of the Ernie strat, let's stop talking about the Ernie strat.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Ernie. (3): EccoRaven, The Science of Suck, fiery_valkyrie
Ixtlilton (2): merk, Somberbrero, Ernie., Ernie.
Meinberg (2): Tremendous Taste, AtrociousToaster
Puntification (1): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, AtrociousToaster, AtrociousToaster
HiipFire (1): Puntification
Poison Mushroom (1): AtrociousToaster, Poison Mushroom, AtrociousToaster
EccoRaven (1): Asiina
Somberbrero (0): Puntification, Puntification, The Science of Suck, The Science of Suck
EXAKT Science (0): Puntification, Poison Mushroom, Puntification, Poison Mushroom
AtrociousToaster (0): Puntification, Puntification

Not Voting (11): bowmore, Dr. Hurt, Dugong, Ernie., HiipFire, Ixtlilton, Mad Rancher, Meinberg, Monathin, Motley, Opopanax

With 22 alive, it's 12 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 17th, 2014 at midnight EST -- that's in about 1 day, 12 hours.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
:hampants: Day Event: KRAKA-SOW-A :hampants:

The Tropical Zone

Something is stirring inside the aforementioned volcano in the middle of the zone. Something... porky. Could it be that the great skin of Hogzilla survived its shove into a lava bath? Could Hogzilla's bacon not be as fried as everyone thought?

Nope.

It appears we've got a stew going, and one that's fixin' to overflow it's pot at that! This is bad news for all of Monster Island. If that volcano is allowed to go off it could be extremely dangerous. Who knows what could happen!

It will take 7 Monsters/Robots to stop the volcano from erupting!

Event Rules
  • The first 7 monsters/robots who ##volunteer will be chosen to go up to the volcano to stop it from erupting.
  • If one of the volunteers is smashed/puppy cuddled the next person to volunteer after the flip will take their place.
  • Players who volunteer will be unable to do a night action tonight.
  • During the night each volunteer will send CPig either ##support or ##sabotage the mission.
  • If 7 players choose to support the mission, the volcano will be filled up and there will be a benefit. If less than 7 players choose support the mission will fail and there will be consequences.

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Nov 15, 2014

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
##volunteer

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##volunteer

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i have a lot of thoughts but will write them when i have time

suffice to say a few people are clearly unfamiliar with my play :3:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
"It was all a joke!!"

- the refuge of the damned

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

[*]Players who volunteer will be unable to do a night action tonight.

we should volunteer people we think are scummy

EccoRaven posted:

"It was all a joke!!"

- the refuge of the damned

this is a very scummy thing to say, but i'll leave it be as part of my case, i promise

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
##volunteer

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##volunteer I'm helping!

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
##volunteer

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##volunteer

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Hah! Even I, Krak, herald of Terrordon laugh at this. Terrordon has proof against missiles fired by rude and hateful soldiers, so of course He has proof against bullets. Terrordon's wrath is matched only by his generosity, He has instructed me to offer you a boon for amusing Him so. This is an honor few have ever been allowed, cherish your day Armored Arachnid.

Oh mighty Terrordon. If I can have the honor, it would please me to go on a one-on-one game of basketball against your mightiness. I may not be as powerful as the greatness of Terrordon but it would please me to attempt to slam a dunk with your almighty mercilessness.

As for volunteering for the volcano, that's not very good odds that the volcano is gonna get saved. It's basically all or nothing.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Ernie. posted:

we should volunteer people we think are scummy

We can't volunteer other people. Folks can only choose themselves.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
One spot left!

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

##volunteer

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Are we told how many supports or sabotages happen?

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
i peed on a volcano once, it was exhilarating

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
my bucket list consists entirely of volcanoes that will one day taste my stream

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ernie. posted:

Are we told how many supports or sabotages happen?

Yes

You will not be made aware exactly what the benefit or consequence was however.

Volunteers
Ecco
Ernie.
JJ
Opop
SOS
Asiina
Dugong

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ah man I missed out

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
So if we lynch someone who has volunteered do we instantly lose the challenge?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
"If one of the volunteers is smashed/puppy cuddled the next person to volunteer after the flip will take their place."

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote punt Ok even I got that. The rules are clearly laid out on this same page. You are playing ignorant to make yourself look towny.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

##vote punt Ok even I got that. The rules are clearly laid out on this same page. You are playing ignorant to make yourself look towny.

##vote Opop that's pretty forced

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

I don't think it's particularly towny to be hungover and not read things properly but whatever.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I remembered him doing it earlier too but maybe I was thinking of someone else. Still going to go with my gut

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Deadline is today so we should probably start talking.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Vote Ixt.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Asiina posted:

Deadline is today so we should probably start talking.

I did but then I got yelled at and voted :qq:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

I did but then I got yelled at and voted :qq:

Have you stopped to consider you should feel bad for being terrible?

Merk, I'm not opposed to voting Ixt but I'd much rather be voting hiipfire or opop right now. Can I sell you on either of these two ding-dongs?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
A Sunday deadline? Why I never!

Things have been pretty quiet, so I don't have any new thoughts, but I'll think real hard, and try to come up with something.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

merk posted:

Vote Ixt.

To lynch town D1, sure.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Puntification posted:

Never. Not once in all my life

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Puntification posted:

Merk, I'm not opposed to voting Ixt but I'd much rather be voting hiipfire or opop right now. Can I sell you on either of these two ding-dongs?

Probably not Opo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also Meinberg's latest post reads like my writing in highschool: way too many commas. Opop is a good person too, although terrible he is a man who does things and therefore cannot be lynched. I'd vote Punti just based his "I'd vote" post and his reasoning for the other guy.

• Locked thread