Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Ernie. posted:

Since you know what is best for everyone in the game and why some strategies are flawed, I want you to right here right now tell me some conclusions you've drawn based on your very elaborate vig claim.

I conclude that Meinberg is probably a dayvig :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EccoRaven posted:

I conclude that Meinberg is probably a dayvig :sun:

i only consider the fact that i forced you to type in all caps my biggest accomplishment in mafia

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
That's kinda petty, I am sure you can accomplish so much more in your time with this community.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EccoRaven posted:

That's kinda petty, I am sure you can accomplish so much more in your time with this community.

judging by this response i am assuming it must kill you a little inside to know that you betrayed your typographical perfection through my design

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Ernie. posted:

more to the point

merk you yourself have scumhunted before by seeing what people are willing to do/not do around/about you

what do you think of this?

ignore the difference between my and your case and the way i went about mine. ecco absolutely ignored that you yourself advocated people act a little scummy/didn't confront you with it

I think Ecco is scummy if he thinks the case on you, built solely from that game theory stuff, is the strongest case of the day.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

I think Ernie wants us to deliberately play sub-optimally ("scummy") because he's genuinely afraid he won't be able to post townie this game, so if he gets even a few townies to follow him he'll get to hide better.

I mean think about it, if the scum never know the others' identities, then us playing like scum makes the game a crapshoot

To be more clear, this post is a "pretty scummy post" as far as scummy posts go. I find it hard to believe that Ecco legitimately believes this ridiculous argument.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
By Terrordon's incinerating breath, the snark here saddens Krak. Terrordon cares not for passive aggression, it smashes his heart.

I'm not going to vote Ernie. I don't feel like Ecco is being especially genuine in his casing. Listen to merk, please. There is no reason to not vote Ixt. In my experience he rarely posts as scum and I don't think he's a productive townie.

I mean, his defense for today was to whine about being picked on after a long absence. There's plenty of content and time to do work and push for any one of the other contenders, but he won't. He's the kind of guy to duck out after getting heat and hope everyone forgets he exists. Don't give him a pass because he's been away for a bit, it's his responsibility to play when he signs up. What little play he has put forward has been quintessential scum posting.

If nothing else, just listen to merk. Even if he's wrong, that's very useful.
Ernie is posting, and honestly I'm sick of playing with lurkers. Give him a day pass if for no other reason than he's trying, probably harder than you are. I would be angry if I were him too.

I'm fairly certain that Ecco and Dugong are also scum but I lack the patience and real keyboard required to do anything about that.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The thing about Ecco is that there's no way you're going to get him lynched day 1, so you may as well forget about it until later. Ixt, however, is definitely a dude we can get lynched on day 1.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

The thing about Ecco is that there's no way you're going to get him lynched day 1, so you may as well forget about it until later. Ixt, however, is definitely a dude we can get lynched on day 1.

Well, I guess in this game since the scum don't even know each other, the traditional stuff you kind of have to throw out the window. I don't really even know how we scum hunt in this game after today. I usually look for connections.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

To be more clear, this post is a "pretty scummy post" as far as scummy posts go. I find it hard to believe that Ecco legitimately believes this ridiculous argument.

Nah it's not ridiculous at all. Is it like totally 100% flawless? Nope. But it's still a fine enough Day 1 case.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

Well, I guess in this game since the scum don't even know each other, the traditional stuff you kind of have to throw out the window.

It just requires town players to play like town. It's really not that complicated.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Ernie is posting, and honestly I'm sick of playing with lurkers. Give him a day pass if for no other reason than he's trying, probably harder than you are. I would be angry if I were him too.

I could be down for just a plain and simple lurker cuddle. Motley has straight up 2 posts in this game that's "I'm in" and "confirmed." There is nothing lost voting him. He's not a new player. As of right now he hasn't shown that he's anything but dead weight. Let's dump some chumps and make the game stronger overall. ##vote Motley

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
("Playing like town" means posting often, not hiding their thoughts, and being sincere in their scumhunting. It's harder than a normal game because of the lack of connections, but if town actually rolls up their sleeves and tries, it really won't be that bad.)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I could go Ixt

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EccoRaven posted:

Nah it's not ridiculous at all. Is it like totally 100% flawless? Nope. But it's still a fine enough Day 1 case.

You're ignoring the better candidate on the table because of a professed sentimentality and that's not something I really buy. It just feels like a fake, emotional distraction.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Somberbrero posted:

You're ignoring the better candidate on the table because of a professed sentimentality and that's not something I really buy. It just feels like a fake, emotional distraction.

Nah I'm ignoring Ixt because I don't find the case that persuasive, and I like my feeling on Ernie, and Ernie is in the lead, so, I have no reason to sabotage it.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Everyone, let us be like America for the 30 years before the Civil War. Let's ignore this debate of whether Ecco or Ernie are scummy (falling on the Ecco side, but that's neither here nor there) and get rid of complete dead weight tonight. Help me make this island Motley-less.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Dr. Hurt posted:

I could be down for just a plain and simple lurker cuddle. Motley has straight up 2 posts in this game that's "I'm in" and "confirmed." There is nothing lost voting him. He's not a new player. As of right now he hasn't shown that he's anything but dead weight. Let's dump some chumps and make the game stronger overall. ##vote Motley

Alright, but Ixt also has very little content but that very little content is scummy.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EccoRaven posted:

("Playing like town" means posting often, not hiding their thoughts, and being sincere in their scumhunting. It's harder than a normal game because of the lack of connections, but if town actually rolls up their sleeves and tries, it really won't be that bad.)

says ecco after dodging three of my questions, only responding to merk

it's almost as if everything i've said about him is true

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EccoRaven posted:

Nah I'm ignoring Ixt because I don't find the case that persuasive, and I like my feeling on Ernie, and Ernie is in the lead, so, I have no reason to sabotage it.

I am on my phone so I am not going to look it up but I distinctly remember that not being what you said earlier. Apologies if I'm wrong, I'll come back to this.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

also anyone who says that drawing connections is impossible in this game is basically pretending like they don't know how other people play around them as scum or town

for example, i know ixt played/talked to me like town ixt would talk to me

just as well as i know somber is defending me like town somber would

just as well as i know that ecco is cherry-picking stances as they benefit him and avoiding taking on too big of a target like merk, just like scum ecco would

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Ixt thoughts:

Ixtlilton posted:

Also, the psychadelic octopus is the only person who's pinged me at all for scum.

This is the only thing pinging my scumdar right now about Ixt's posts. "this guy is scum, okay see ya!" He never ends up explaining why. I guess you could say throughout his posts he's just dropping reads to make it seem like he's dropping reads and not actually giving any explanation.

I don't think his side chatting is scummy, especially this early in the game. There was nothing wrong with vodkachat or Opop chat. Although him getting mad at Ernie for saying that he was scummy seems like he is on a hair trigger. But I do remember him getting easily frustrated. I'm not really seeing him being scum.

Somber on a side note I'm so bummed that you had to drop your Terrordon PR because you have no access to a laptop.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Somberbrero posted:

I am on my phone so I am not going to look it up but I distinctly remember that not being what you said earlier. Apologies if I'm wrong, I'll come back to this.

I said it was an ok case but I was disinclined to vote for him because of the extra-game stuff.

But Ernie stuff has happened since then, and again, he's in the lead, so.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EccoRaven posted:

and again, he's in the lead, so.

???????

this is meaningless in a game where scum-scum connections cannot be drawn

in fact, in this game it is more 'meaningful' when something gains traction easily

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Ernie. posted:

this is meaningless in a game where scum-scum connections cannot be drawn

He's in the lead, as in, he has the most votes, as in, all else being equal he is the easiest to vote off. Why would I jynx a good thing?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i'll full-claim now because i am going to bed: i am a recharger, i get to recharge people's X-Shot abilities by 1 every time i target them

i get to target two people every night (which is why I earlier said trackers/watchers aren't likely) with this ability

i've already claimed this before

Ernie. posted:

Meinberg if I give you another vig will you shoot ecco?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

EccoRaven posted:

But Ernie stuff has happened since then, and again, he's in the lead, so.

This is really scummy. It's not scum hunting at all to just dismiss any other cases because someone else has the most votes. Especially when Ernie only has 4 of the required 12.

##vote Ecco

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
In general it's not good to unvote people based on claims.

If you agree to recharge Meinberg though I'll agree to vote someone else.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

fiery_valkyrie posted:

This is really scummy. It's not scum hunting at all to just dismiss any other cases because someone else has the most votes. Especially when Ernie only has 4 of the required 12.

The Ernie case is my case you dummy.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

He's in the lead, as in, he has the most votes, as in, all else being equal he is the easiest to vote off. Why would I jynx a good thing?

I dunno why you'd jynx it but I know you could always "jinx" it. It seems so petty for me to say that a two vote (edit: now one vote) lead when it's a 4 v. 2 scenario is this make him the easiest to vote off. Technically yes but we are still a long long way to go.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

In general it's not good to unvote people based on claims.

If you agree to recharge Meinberg though I'll agree to vote someone else.

Thank god you are here telling us what is good and what is not good. We would be lost like babes in the wood if you weren't here telling us when something is a good thing or a bad thing. Tell us more, oh great Ecco.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

EccoRaven posted:

The Ernie case is my case you dummy.

I'm not talking about you dismissing the Ernie case, but the Ixt case, you dummy.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I'm not talking about you dismissing the Ernie case, but the Ixt case, you dummy.

I'm "dismissing" the Ixt case because I didn't like it as much as the Ernie case. That Ernie had more votes is just another boon.

Dr. Hurt posted:

Thank god you are here telling us what is good and what is not good. We would be lost like babes in the wood if you weren't here telling us when something is a good thing or a bad thing. Tell us more, oh great Ecco.

Context is importantttt

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

If I was scum this game, I'd probably get nightkilled by the scum.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

Context is importantttt

You are just mafiadadding pretty hard and are pretty condescending in the process and I am not a fan of it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dr. Hurt posted:

I dunno why you'd jynx it but I know you could always "jinx" it. It seems so petty for me to say that a two vote (edit: now one vote) lead when it's a 4 v. 2 scenario is this make him the easiest to vote off. Technically yes but we are still a long long way to go.

Dr. Hurt posted:

Dr. Hurt posted:

You are just mafiadadding pretty hard and are pretty condescending in the process and I am not a fan of it.

What are you doing?

Who would switch to Hurt? This poo poo is unhelpful.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

I'm "dismissing" the Ixt case because I didn't like it as much as the Ernie case. That Ernie had more votes is just another boon.

Context is importantttt

It was hardly that many votes that it required you repeating that point instead of, oh I don't know, maybe restating the merits of your case instead.

You're talking about Ernie's lead as if he has so many votes, and anyone else so few that his lynching is almost inevitable. As if people should vote him because there's a case floating out there somewhere and, hey there really aren't many other choices.

I think your posting is designed to make votes on Ernie more likely without having to restate your case, or update it in light of his additional posting.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Dr. Hurt posted:

Whine about it.

merk posted:

If I was scum this game, I'd probably get nightkilled by the scum.

Too bad so sad.

God you people are being so frustrating.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Yeah.... ##vote Dr. Hurt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

fiery_valkyrie posted:

It was hardly that many votes that it required you repeating that point instead of, oh I don't know, maybe restating the merits of your case instead.

I restated the Ernie case last page. I defended it this page.

I said in three posts that Ernie has more votes.

You're being silly.

• Locked thread