Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Gonna throw my vote on the ##vote Ixt pile primarily because I want to see if we can stop this from a No-lynch. But at the same time it seems like nobody is here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Over a third of the game has fewer posts than the mod, there are 5 votes on people who can't be lynched, and I'm the voteleader in what is almost definitely going to be a no-cuddle. I'm considering self-voting and going off to play Valkyria Chronicles on steam just so we might actually have a cuddling.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I'll claim right now, I'm VT.

##vote Ix

If it's a no-lynch I'll see you dudes tomorrow. And I'll expect an apology from you Dr. Hurt because I apologized to you when you got lynched on a stupid merk case in our first game together and I lazily voted you.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I'll apologize in case you actually get cuddled but I am 99 percent sure that it ain't gonna happen. Enjoy your game Ixt. I'm going to bed.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote Ixt

I will check in periodically before deadline, but I doubt it'll matter.

I still think Ecco is scum though.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I am going to bed as well [/b]##vote ixt[/b]

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
##vote IXT

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

I am going to bed as well [/b]##vote ixt[/b]

If we end up no lynching at -1 because of this, I swear to god opop.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Ixt

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Votecount for Day 1

Ixtlilton (9): merk, Somberbrero, Ernie., Ernie., merk, Puntification, fiery_valkyrie, EccoRaven, Dr. Hurt, Ixtlilton, Asiina, bowmore, merk
Puntification (2): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, AtrociousToaster, AtrociousToaster, Opopanax
Meinberg (2): Tremendous Taste, AtrociousToaster
Ernie. (1): EccoRaven, The Science of Suck, fiery_valkyrie, bowmore, fiery_valkyrie, EccoRaven, bowmore
HiipFire (1): Puntification, Dugong, Puntification
Poison Mushroom (1): AtrociousToaster, Poison Mushroom, AtrociousToaster
EccoRaven (1): Asiina, Ernie., fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie, Asiina
Opopanax (1): Mad Rancher
Somberbrero (0): Puntification, Puntification, The Science of Suck, The Science of Suck
Dr. Hurt (0): merk, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, merk
EXAKT Science (0): Puntification, Poison Mushroom, Puntification, Poison Mushroom
Motley (0): Dr. Hurt, Dr. Hurt
AtrociousToaster (0): Puntification, Puntification

Not Voting (4): HiipFire, Meinberg, Monathin, Motley

With 22 alive, it's 12 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 17th, 2014 at midnight EST -- that's in about 14 minutes.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Hey Cpig will you count opop's misformatted vote?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I guess it doesn't matter either way now.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
November 17, 20XX, The Desert Zone of Monster Island

A small tumbleweed rolls across the ground. There is nothing to stop it as it just rolls and rolls and rolls and rolls and rolls and... IT is at peace, happily rolling like nothing else would ever bother it. All this blank empty space, shoulda sent a poet but they just sent a single solitary tumbleweed. Yup :goleft:

Seven monsters travel up to stop the volcano. What will happen will be discovered after night is done. Send CPig all your actions if you have them!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Just a reminder.

Nights are open.

Get those actions in.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
the game irl: :effort:

"b-b-b-but we can't scumhunt, it's all hopeless............"

^^^ u right now u big babbys

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I started to write another Terrordon post but I got a text a family member passed. I dunno what my posting will be like this week but I'll keep up my commitment if you all have some patience.

Despite telling people to just listen to merk, I don't want to vote Dr. Hurt. He might be scum but whatever. I'll vote JJ for being around near deadline but contributing a useless vote. I need to look at Ixtlilton again so I'm not sure yet on whether I'd continue to vote him. I will vote Ecco because I don't think he's being honest.

EccoRaven posted:

Ok jokevoting is now over.

Night 0 I received a one-shot dayvig (some kind of ray gun). The message said I have to use it Day 1 or else it'll blow up in my face and kill me Night 1.

I want to use it now because jokevoting is dumb but unlike literally every other dayvig in the world I am going to use it as the town sees fit.

Who should I shoot? Unacceptable answers: me, merk, asiina, or Ixtlilton.

EccoRaven posted:

The second quote you posted bothered me when I first read it, since I don't think anyone was actually arguing Met being a shitheel actually makes him scum in this game; it felt like Ixt was just browsing the thread very casually and wanted to appear helpful. I confess though that I am disinclined vote for him day 1 since he helped me out in a pinch back in September without complaining once.

So, it's been reasonably established that Ecco doesn't want to vote Ixtlilton for meta reasons. That is fine. However, then Ecco starts talking about the strength of the case on Ixtlilton as to why he's not voting. That's a horribly constructed sentence, sorry.

EccoRaven posted:

Nah I'm ignoring Ixt because I don't find the case that persuasive, and I like my feeling on Ernie, and Ernie is in the lead, so, I have no reason to sabotage it.

EccoRaven posted:

I said it was an ok case but I was disinclined to vote for him because of the extra-game stuff.

But Ernie stuff has happened since then, and again, he's in the lead, so.

EccoRaven posted:

:( I'm sorry Hurt, I never realized you were an eight-year old.

Ok I promise I'll be nicer from here on out!

I think people should vote for Ernie because I think his posting has been a little scummy. I think he's trying to game the game in the scum's favor, either by giving him an excuse for not posting well ("I don't want to be nightkilled!"), or (deviously) getting town players to post less townie making it harder for us to vote properly.

It's not a 100% solid case, it's maybe a B- Day 1 case, and honestly I'm willing to table it to later (especially if Meinberg actually does get an extra daykill).

The Ixt case to me is like a C+ Day 1 case. It's mostly based around Ixt making a few posts that seem weird, which, they were, but they're not so bad it's damning. I preferred the Ernie case to the Ixt case.

The Ecco case is one part "Ecco is trying to manipulate the game!", which someone might view as silly, but I'm nice now so I'm just saying fiery_valkyrie needs to reread the game because she seemed mistaken about the order of events. Then there's Asiina who voted for me from seemingly being on the "Ernie" side of the Debate. And Ernie's case is kinda scattered, I honestly don't 100% understand it but if people want me to respond to it I can.

And that's about it for cases right now in my view! Hurt did something with Motley that is a total shot in the dark, someone else wants us to vote for HiipFire for being mean... idk. It's a normal day 1.

I'm sure Ecco is going to argue that he can dislike a case for multiple reasons. I'd bet he's going to argue that it doesn't really matter why he was reluctant to vote Ixlilton. I'd guess he's going to make some good arguments I can't preempt because I can't anticipate them. I don't really care either way, no offense intended towards Ecco but I do not have the gumption present to fight him through all of day two. Someone else can pick this up if they want, I think there's a lot of scummy content to be found if you can put yourself in an Ecco mindset. I noticed a few times that he was making very vague arguments, saying that something was bad without giving any reason as to why. That caught my attention as uncharacteristic behavior.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

I started to write another Terrordon post but I got a text a family member passed. I dunno what my posting will be like this week but I'll keep up my commitment if you all have some patience.
Condolences to you and the rest of the Terrordon clan. :(

Ernie. posted:

i'll full-claim now because i am going to bed: i am a recharger, i get to recharge people's X-Shot abilities by 1 every time i target them
What's your flavor role?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Somberbrero posted:

I will vote Ecco because I don't think he's being honest.

I was being very honest the entire time.

Merk came out with an Ixt case. I said it was ok, but I was disinclined to vote for him for meta reasons. The Ernie stuff happened, I liked it, and I voted for it. Other people said I should vote for Ixt instead, but I said "it wasn't that persuasive," as in, "it's not so good that it's enough to get me off Ernie."

That's the Ecco Mindset: I didn't really want to vote for Ixt both because of meta reasons, but also because it wasn't as good, to me, as the Ernie case.

I think you're conflating the initial meta reasons as still being primarily why I was reluctant to vote for Ixt, and I think that's a misreading of my posts.

Additionally, I question to what extent the things you've listed are scummy. What benefit would I have, as scum, from not voting for Ixt early day 1, unless I suspect he is actually scum with me and I was trying to protect him? But how could anyone figure out in the first few posts of Day 1 who was scummy and who wasn't? And it certainly doesn't jive well with my later vote on Ixt, making him unambiguously the only reasonable vote candidate.

I just don't think this is a good post, Somber; I think it's a lot of words to trump up a whole lot of nothing.

Sorry about your loss.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

EccoRaven posted:

It's not a 100% solid case, it's maybe a B- Day 1 case, and honestly I'm willing to table it to later (especially if Meinberg actually does get an extra daykill).

EccoRaven posted:

But how could anyone figure out in the first few posts of Day 1 who was scummy and who wasn't?

I don't know Ecco, how did you come up with your solid B- case on Ernie based on his first couple of posts?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I have two confessions to make.

First, I have barely been reading the thread, because of complicated real life bullshit that have got me avoiding anything too complex or straining. (This is also why I haven't updated my games yet.) So, I skimmed, and I'm going on gut reads, because that's all I've got.

Second, I already put in my night action. I said I can punch monsters, and I told the truth.

I punched Ernie.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Why Mush?? Now Ernie won't be able to let Meinberg be our gun of justice!!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I have two confessions to make.

First, I have barely been reading the thread, because of complicated real life bullshit that have got me avoiding anything too complex or straining. (This is also why I haven't updated my games yet.) So, I skimmed, and I'm going on gut reads, because that's all I've got.

Second, I already put in my night action. I said I can punch monsters, and I told the truth.

I punched Ernie.

Why choose Ernie?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Why choose Ernie?
Two reasons:
1. Because his lovely non-case (which was one of the few things I did take the time to read) about everyone acting scummy is incredibly bad, and I don't know town Ernie to mishandle variant games that badly. That seems more like a Somberbrero thing to do.

2. Because me vigging him because I think he was scummy is internally consistent with his lovely non-case, and I am a sucker for dramatic irony.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hell, it's not even a non-case. It's an anti-case. Or a dumb gambit. I dunno. Whatever it is, it's stupid.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

So you didn't believe his claim/thought he could be scum with that power anyway?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It's plausible, but it could be a scum ability, or a fake claim. I don't put much stock into unproven claims. Like, ever.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

It will take 7 Monsters/Robots to stop the volcano from erupting!

CapitalistPig posted:

Seven monsters travel up to stop the volcano. What will happen will be discovered after night is done. Send CPig all your actions if you have them!

Should we take this to mean that all 7 of those who went are monsters or was that just an unintentional classifying of everyone as a monster?

Poison Mushroom posted:

I punched Ernie.

Does your power specifically say you can only punch monsters? I can do something that specifically involves robots, which is why I asked about his flavor. Recharger sounds like a role a robot would have in my opinion.

idunno maybe I'm putting too much importance into this flavor stuff.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

AtrociousToaster posted:

Should we take this to mean that all 7 of those who went are monsters or was that just an unintentional classifying of everyone as a monster?

In this case "monster" was used as a generic term for all giant things - there may have been some robots or giant people included as well. Or maybe they were all monsters? Who can tell?

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Alright, that's what I figured, just wanted to confirm.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm a robot!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

I'm a robot!

We know you are, but we are talking about flavour in this game.

Thank you folks, I'll be here all week.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Beep boop

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Asiina posted:

Beep boop

boop beep boop boop beep :respek:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I don't know Ecco, how did you come up with your solid B- case on Ernie based on his first couple of posts?

A few things wrong with this post.

1) When I made the post criticizing the Ixt case, it was still the first day of Day 1. When I made the post commenting on my Ernie case, it was the last day of Day 1. Comparing the two isn't particularly fair, since with the former, very little had actually been said, while in the latter, an entire day's discussion had happened.

2) I said my case on Ernie was a B-, meaning, I wasn't super confident in it, but it wasn't terrible. It's a B-. If you get a B- in a class you kick yourself for not studying harder or whatever and you move on, it's not good, but it's not the end of the world.

Which when taken together leads to:
3) Somber is arguing, albeit indirectly, that I as scum must have believed Ixt was also scum (otherwise, why would it be scummy of me to be reluctant to vote for Ixt? He said it was a sign of dishonesty, that is, that I didn't want to vote Ixt because of dubious intentions). But in order for him to make that argument, he has to believe that I, in the first posts of Day 1 (not before an entire day's discussion had occurred), believed Ixt to be a scumbuddy, and therefore felt like I had to protect him. That kind of confidence means I would have had an A reading on Ixt - that feeling when you go into the exam and the only question is something you studied and know like the back of your hand.

I hope you see now that you are a little mistaken by what actually happened! I suggest in the future you withhold snarky one-liners until you make absolutely sure you have a good grasp of what people are saying. I say this as your friend, since I'm so friendly!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Yawn, try harder.

Oh no, was I snarky again? Sorry friend!!!!

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Be nice, f_v. Also, I liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive. The cow's out of the bag, and evil will be udderly destroyed and rent apart in my four stomachs of doooooooooooooom.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

Be nice, f_v. Also, I liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive. The cow's out of the bag, and evil will be udderly destroyed and rent apart in my four stomachs of doooooooooooooom.

Fine, but only since you asked Ixt. Nice puns, btw

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
PETA Replaces MOTLEY

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Daddy's home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007