Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Migeman
Aug 1, 2011

Welcome back, it's a bit delayed. My previous God of War LP was a bit all over the place regarding the upload schedule, this should be better and more consistent, I'll try and release at least one part a week.

This is God of War Ghost of Sparta, it's the second GoW game released on the PSP. It was released the 16th of September 2011 and then released again on the PS3 in 2012 alongside Chains of Olympus. It's a massive leap in quality compared to Chains and I think an all round fun game and a pretty good story for a God of War. It's got some nice additions to set it apart a bit more from the other games.

It's a rather vague story to begin with as Kratos is following a vision he has. I won't spoil too much for now but I find the story is pretty strong. I'll update as I go along.

Migeman fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Apr 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
It's great to see that you're doing Ghost of Sparta now. I've been looking forward to this since your your Chains of Olympus LP.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
This forum is getting chock full of Kratos these days.

I like it.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Are the PSP God of War games actually any good then? Because the hell if I was ever going to own a PSP, and the console ones got awful lovely around GoW 3

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011

Crane Fist posted:

Are the PSP God of War games actually any good then? Because the hell if I was ever going to own a PSP, and the console ones got awful lovely around GoW 3

They are, Chains of Olympus is okay, it's a little boring compared to the others, it's also only about 4 hours long. Ghost of Sparta is upgraded more and has more features, interesting story, looks better, I'm surprised it was a PSP game to be honest. I think if you can pick em up cheap then go for it, I think I paid £10 for them. Both of them combined are better than Ascension in any case.

Cheers for the comment Mirificus, I don't know why I put it off for so long.

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011
I've got part 2 out for you lot now, again sorry about my voice I tried edit out any bodily fluid noises, bloody cold.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
The Callisto fight is super hard in higher difficulties because when you get grabbed, you take a lot of damage even if you escape quickly. Get grabbed twice, and you'd better be playing perfectly the rest of the fight. Grabbed a third time? Better luck next life. Would you like to switch to Easy difficulty?

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011
I don't remember it being that difficult when attempting my hard mode run through. Also I died so much in my hard mode playthrough, I don't think I even got that message about lowering the difficulty.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
You're also undoubtedly better at the game than I am. It's likely that they removed the easy mode switch from this game entirely - it annoyed me in the earlier games, and I don't remember whether it cropped up while I was playing this one or not.

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011
I'm back after a crappy week because I was bloody sick last week again. I'll try and flop out another video before the end of the week, to make up for it.

I like this section because it means it's the end of the tutorial, but it's pretty good getting out of the hell type area sooner. The game picks up considerably after this.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

The game does pick up after getting Thera's Bane. I'd forgotten about what happened to Atlantis.

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011

I apologise in advance for the crap commentary. I did a few takes and this was the best I could come up with.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

BottledBodhisvata posted:

This forum is getting chock full of Kratos these days.

I like it.

Ditto. Let the world burn :munch:

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011
I'm back with an update guys;

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Yes, back to Kratosageddon! All these portable games look surprisingly pretty.

Also the new cyclops killing animation is just brutal. Seeing damage done to eyes, even only in a game, always makes me cringe a bit. Stamping your dagger through the eye and right into someone's brain - yeesh :munch:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Easily one of the best looking games on PSP. Amazing what they could get out of that little thing.

Can you activate Thera's bane mid combo? Because I'm thinking activating it on the final smash of a combo might be a bit OP.

Also you missed a chest under that second balancing spot. :colbert:

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Nov 17, 2014

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Easily one of the best looking games on PSP. Amazing what they could get out of that little thing.

Can you activate Thera's bane mid combo? Because I'm thinking activating it on the final smash of a combo might be a bit OP.

Also you missed a chest under that second balancing spot. :colbert:

You can use Thera's bane any time you want. I really like it especially with all the L1 and circle and triangle and square moves. I found it difficult to use all the time at first especially when I was trying to parry with L1 then hold square then R1, to make sure it happens.

I'm a little surprised they haven't released a new God of War on the PSVita, I can imagine it would look pretty good and might be better than stupid Ascension.

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011
Well I'm back after like 3 weeks. I'm really bad at this schedule lark, I was sick then I was working then I sort of forgot. I'll get around to making up for it though. I feel a bit bad because people have been watching and I've left you all in the dark. So sorry about that.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

No worries. Great to see this continuing.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Happy to see you back at it. I don't know why, but I just can't get enough of that horrible angry bastard.

Kratos, that is.

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011
Hey guys another long break from me, I know it's been another month, I will pick up now I've lost my Christmas job so that's something apart from having a job.

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011
Back again with an update. This is probably my favourite area in any God of War game, I wish it lasted a bit longer;

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Oh man, I never knew there was a section in a god of war game where people were actually happy to see you.

I think that's probably the most initiative thing that's happened in the entire game series...

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011
Hey guys, today I've got more people happy to see Kratos;

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
I actually like that they give you Spartan weaponry, I'm stunned that no one thought to give you any in any of the previous games. It actually looks pretty fun to use as well and I like that they let you attack with the shield too.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

The Arms of Sparta are a lot fun. The versatility is really nice.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Migeman posted:

Hey guys, today I've got more people happy to see Kratos;

With the exception of other Spartan warriors or the occasional whore, I honestly can't remember a single person* who has ever been pleased to see Kratos.

* Who he hasn't immediately gone and killed.

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011

Mirificus posted:

The Arms of Sparta are a lot fun. The versatility is really nice.

Yeah I like it I found with this games pacing you get to play around with it longer than the Gauntlet in CoO although I do wish this game was a bit longer. I did find the Arms to be more fun to use than all the weapons they give you in 3.

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011
I apologise for no content the past week. I was meaning to make a video but there's been working going on in my house, banging, drilling and whatnot. I'm hoping to get a video out this week.

I also picked up an Elgato so I can stream my PS3 now, so I'm thinking once I've sorted out my settings for streaming I plan on streaming some God of War Ascension, it's my least favourite game and I haven't finished it and I think it might be an easier way of me showing it off without going through the process of LPing it.

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011
I'm back ladies and gents.

I plan on streaming God of War Ascension on Monday at around 3pm GMT. So I'll post in here about 15 minutes beforehand.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Midas was always one of my favourite legends as a kid and, ouch, does he continue to get shafted here. I liked the added touch that he was starving.

I'll be very disappointed in the series if Kratos doesn't use him as some sort of weapon which results in him dying horribly.

Maybe instead of a gorgon's head, we'll be the Hand of Midas tied to a stick and Kratos will just slap people with it.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Wait, if Midas can't touch food without turning it into gold, could he use some manner of "silverware" to eat? Assuming it's only the objects touching his hands and his gift doesn't spread through the objects he's holding.

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008

Mraagvpeine posted:

Wait, if Midas can't touch food without turning it into gold, could he use some manner of "silverware" to eat? Assuming it's only the objects touching his hands and his gift doesn't spread through the objects he's holding.

Keep in mind that eating utensils weren't really used in the west until after the 10th or 11th century. But yes, that is a logical way to stop it. In some finding the severed hand of Midas type shows/movies they get around the turn to gold thing by wrapping the hand in something and it being fine after that.
I have always found it weird that they aren't consistent as to how it works. Like he should be able to leave hand prints unless it is time dependent or he should only be able to leave hand prints because what was under his hand has already turned to gold.
Also why isn't the air turning to gold and him just leaving a trail of gold dust everywhere he walks?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Major_JF posted:

Also why isn't the air turning to gold and him just leaving a trail of gold dust everywhere he walks?

I just got an image of a golden fog and how hard it'd be to breathe that stuff.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Mraagvpeine posted:

And, while he was rejoicing in great wealth,
his servants set a table for his meal,
with many dainties and with needful bread:
but when he touched the gift of Ceres with
his right hand, instantly the gift of Ceres
stiffened to gold; or if he tried to bite
with hungry teeth a tender bit of meat,
the dainty, as his teeth but touched it, shone
at once with yellow shreds and flakes of gold.
And wine, another gift of Bacchus, when
he mixed it in pure water, can be seen
in his astonished mouth as liquid gold.

It's not just his hand. When he touches something, even with his tongue or teeth, boom! Gold (which, yeah, gives a bit of a plothole concerning how he is not turning the entire earth into gold.)

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011
I'm back ladies and gents with an update.

I enjoyed reading the stuff about Midas. Poor guy though.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Well, he got cured of his gold curse eventually. Then LATER he got an entirely different curse, donkey ears!

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011
I'm back with Atlantis.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Still annoyed in the last video that Kratos didn't get a hand of Midas slappy-stick. But sunken ruin levels are inherently cool.

But it's surprising they put in so many empty underwater corridors with nothing to do. You'd think they'd at least put in some underwater enemies. It was Poseidon's kingdom, after all.

Certainly it could have done with more variety than 99% Atlantean soldiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011
I'm back with nearly the end of Atlantis.

• Locked thread