Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8geLnpGmQAQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
The sound effects and animation for what happened to Steve's pillow is horrifyingly cringe-inducing.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
Now and Gwen

Francine's sister Gwen visits, and Hayley feels she has an ulterior motive besides just spending time with the family. Meanwhile, Stan gives Steve lessons in the art of hugging.

After being mentioned four times from season two to season four, Francine's sister Gwen Ling makes her first onscreen appearance in the show.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

CRINDY posted:

Now and Gwen

Francine's sister Gwen visits, and Hayley feels she has an ulterior motive besides just spending time with the family. Meanwhile, Stan gives Steve lessons in the art of hugging.

After being mentioned four times from season two to season four, Francine's sister Gwen Ling makes her first onscreen appearance in the show.

But will she be as hot as Stan says?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
AD has always had really good internal consistency even after massive staff changes, so I'd count on it.

Still can't watch AD legally since the switch since the worthless TBS affiliate my cable provider gets doesn't show it, lol

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

AD has always had really good internal consistency even after massive staff changes, so I'd count on it.

So, does Stan have another half-brother that lives in Wisconsin?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Still can't watch AD legally since the switch since the worthless TBS affiliate my cable provider gets doesn't show it, lol

You don't get cartoon network either?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Wow, Gwen really was as hot as Stan said. :)

(I'm sorry I'll leave)

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Like a T-Rex on his back.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Carlosologist posted:

Wow, Gwen really was as hot as Stan said. :)

(I'm sorry I'll leave)

This girl is on fire :supaburn:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I don't know poo poo about that

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
That's my parole officer. I've been here for 18 months and none of you have been selling fake cell phones

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

"We're so rich this is how we drink coffee!"

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

The Less You Know™

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
We're not Indian, we're Sri Lankan :v:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Google Coma Alert.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Steve went for it!

E: And Francine was the real bad one!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

"He's going for a fourth point! Touchdown Steve!"

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
DRAAAAAMAAAA!

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

"Behave like a person who wants to live!"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DarklyDreaming posted:

DRAAAAAMAAAA!

No touching the lights.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I wish Klaus had stayed drunk the whole episode.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

bull3964 posted:

You don't get cartoon network either?
No!!

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I laughed so hard when Steve got knocked out on the ceiling getting carried up the stairs.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
We need more Gwen. She was a great addition. Steve pretending to be brain damaged was predictable, wrong and so funny.
Roger's plot was a waste of time.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Betty Crocker bakes caaaaaaakes.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Frostwerks posted:

I laughed so hard when Steve got knocked out on the ceiling getting carried up the stairs.

Me too, that was a great, unexpected moment. Does anyone else find their newfound ability to use "poo poo" a little jarring? Its just weird after 9 years to hear them start saying it.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Sammus posted:

Me too, that was a great, unexpected moment. Does anyone else find their newfound ability to use "poo poo" a little jarring? Its just weird after 9 years to hear them start saying it.

I may be a big ol comedy stick in the mud but I've always found it funnier when things are bleeped vs when the swear is actually said. Family Guy does a good job with that, but whenever I see Brian drop an F bomb on Netflix it always feels to me like it takes something away from the bit.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I may be a big ol comedy stick in the mud but I've always found it funnier when things are bleeped vs when the swear is actually said. Family Guy does a good job with that, but whenever I see Brian drop an F bomb on Netflix it always feels to me like it takes something away from the bit.

South Park is also funnier when it's censored, most cartoons are when the bleeps are left in.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Renewed!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/11/18/american-dad-renewed-for-new-season-by-tbs/329290/

22 more episodes.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Isn't there still an insane backlog of episodes?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Sammus posted:

Also heard a "Goddamn" from Francine this episode. I do prefer the bleeps on TV, but love the uncensored DVDs, even in the earlier seasons. "WHAT THE gently caress IS GOING ON?!"

smashpro1 posted:

Isn't there still an insane backlog of episodes?

As far as I know, the only remaining backlog episodes were the three shown on FOX at the beginning of this season, which is why they aired on FOX. Contractual obligation or something like that.

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
This episode was better than most recent ones. It seems like most of these TBS ones really go for Family Guy referential humor too much. Something else is off about it too, the rhythm of the show is different or something. It still has its moments and it's hard to tell what's backlog but most of the TBS season is really mediocre so far.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

this was literally the second episode on TBS

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Cake Attack posted:

this was literally the second episode on TBS

No, it was literally the 5th episode on TBS.

I also don't think you can even say it was figuratively the second episode on TBS because that wouldn't make any sense.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
I dunno, I haven't really noticed any real difference between the FOX and TBS seasons (outside of less censoring and those weird cold openings). I thought the Thai prison episode in particular is one of the best episodes they've done in years.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

oh

guess i missed some episodes

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

"I don't know poo poo about hugs" was a pretty good line. I'm glad this show doesn't suck on its new network.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Uma Thurman was Gwen. Glad I pieced that together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Dreaming of a White Porsche Christmas
Stan dreams about trading places with the single Principal Lewis, who he believes lives a more carefree life, and after his wish for a different life comes true, Lewis unexpectedly becomes the patriarch of Stan's family.