Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Tezzeract posted:

Wow, this season sucks so far. All this high school drama and angst. Where are the 360 no scopes? I've had to skip through most of the episodes, which is too bad since season 1 and 2 were so addictive.

I usually wouldn't mind changing up the format, but it just isn't what I watch VGHS for.

I have to agree. I liked this show a lot better when there was goofy video games high school things going on and the drama was more 80s teen movie level stuff.

It's a huge departure from what made the show interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Episode 5 is up.

Edit: Its funny.

Monday_ fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Nov 11, 2014

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

The last line in the episode was directly taken from Unrest in the House of Light, right?

HereCometheKillBots
Jul 21, 2010
Was that Jack Harper's jumpsuit in the math/FPS? How'd you guys get your hands on that?

MrSpiffy
Aug 13, 2000

:woop::siren::siren::siren::woop:
FREDDIE WONG POSTING HERE

HereCometheKillBots posted:

Was that Jack Harper's jumpsuit in the math/FPS? How'd you guys get your hands on that?

Unbelievably, yes. It was. We used the actual jumpsuits from Oblivion because... well this is Hollywood and sometimes you can find stuff like that just sitting there in the prop/costume rental houses, just waiting to be rented. Weird right?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Okay, I just watched that, and I think I'm finally thinking some thoughts.

Like, you guys have gotten support along the lines of, this would be great on the Disney Channel! And after this episode, that feels disingenuous, and a bit condescending.

We have Jenny quitting class, flipping everybody off, using profanity with her mom, etc. It's not gratuitous. It's actually realistic. Cool.

We have Brian having nowhere else to go, and turning to an academic superior for personal advice. poo poo, I did that when my parents were getting divorced. I guess my female 6th-grade-homeroom-english-teacher was a bit more sympathetic, but I get that.

We have Ki taking Ted's loss to heart, and turning Nietzsche all up in our poo poo. Oh, she's 16. But still, thats a huge, understandable yet unexpected yet believable change of character for her, and I feel like it was done so well.

[THAT SAID. Given your production schedule...this can't be true?...but she was very on the nose with gamergate and Zoe Quinn. but Ki made me happy!]

We have Ted pwning and deciding on what matters to him.

Like, I'm not going to sit here and call this, Disney should pick this up. I'm going to call this, Rocketjump knows what it is loving doing and godspeed. Cannot loving wait to see what you come up with next.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
p.s. loving

Also, I forgot the other thing that stuck out to me-

Brian and Jenny! Like, duh, right? Leave it to my calloused heart to forget about the love story, but there it is.

So, going into this episode, I may have been thinking some things, and they may have been validated and made awesome here.

I love the speech Calhoun gave to Brian about Jenny.

She is your first girlfriend. One way or the other, now or later, you are going to gently caress this up. But! This is your high school girlfriend, and you are in a moment of peace right now, no matter what you think, and you will look back on this time fondly, so go get Jenny, you bitch.

That was awesome.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I don't get why the Barnstormers went through all that stuff with the election if they were just going to buy the school anyway.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Calhoun is the best character. He's a grown man with gum in his hair.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Dr_Amazing posted:

I don't get why the Barnstormers went through all that stuff with the election if they were just going to buy the school anyway.

They wanted the most thorough victory over VGHS that could be possibly achieved. This is also why they made a high school FPS team with the specific goal of beating them and why they bought out then fired The Law.

MrSpiffy
Aug 13, 2000

Whoops - quote/edit.

HereCometheKillBots
Jul 21, 2010

MrSpiffy posted:

Unbelievably, yes. It was. We used the actual jumpsuits from Oblivion because... well this is Hollywood and sometimes you can find stuff like that just sitting there in the prop/costume rental houses, just waiting to be rented. Weird right?

Haha that rules.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Saw Episode 6 - fantastic conclusion and completely redeemed the season for me. Thanks guys for making something so cool.

The behind the scenes was great too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6taRQosahKQ

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This was my favorite season. I actually liked every episode, and I think you guys really hit your stride with your writing and production.

Was there possibly a longer version of that epilogue that got cut? It did feel a little short for what it was. I really thought you were going to pull something where Brian got some sort of offer from someone, he's obviously an excellent player.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Out of everything that happened in the finale the revelation that Drift King is going to med school after graduation amused me the most for some reason.

HereCometheKillBots
Jul 21, 2010
Jumpin Jacks is the best character, bar none.

MrSpiffy
Aug 13, 2000

HereCometheKillBots posted:

Jumpin Jacks is the best character, bar none.

This is the sentiment held dearly by every member of the crew. It is constantly amusing to me how much of a liability he is to his team. We had an idea way back to have a weird game type (Hold the Skull or something) where he is totally a beast at it, and that would justify why they have him along - for the random games where that mode is picked.

Sunny Sixkiller
Mar 29, 2003

Some things are better left top secret.

MrSpiffy posted:

This is the sentiment held dearly by every member of the crew. It is constantly amusing to me how much of a liability he is to his team. We had an idea way back to have a weird game type (Hold the Skull or something) where he is totally a beast at it, and that would justify why they have him along - for the random games where that mode is picked.

Jumpin' Jax is clearly the best on the team at Gun Game

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't want to like, count it like a nerd but I'm way sure more than 32 bad guys died in that final match

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
I just watched this last episode and now I'm kind of sad. What will I do after lunch of Tuesdays now?

This season was the best in my opinion. I'm now feeling kind of bad for both using adblock and not throwing money at you for this because you deserved it. I would've bought all the episodes at once when episode one came out but the show has been amazing and I didn't want it to end too soon.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, thank you guys so much for making this, it's been awesome.

Bugsmasher
May 3, 2004

Ted drifting in the truck with the last of the team and seeing his dad racing him in the shopping cart.

drat, well done guys.

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?
Law needs a spinoff with other law, if this can happen I would be so happy.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

6-year plan man posted:

Law needs a spinoff with other law, if this can happen I would be so happy.

literally call it Laws and Order and have them buddy cop their way through games

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I really enjoyed this a lot. Best of the three seasons, easily. Please continue to do good things, and best of luck in your new project!

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
So am I missing something or where is the last episode? The link in the OP goes to the behind the scenes video.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Jade Star posted:

So am I missing something or where is the last episode? The link in the OP goes to the behind the scenes video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seeWJSCqj4c

Speaking of, what is that song that plays at the beginning? It almost sounds like Dr. Light from The Protomen, but it's not a song of theirs I recognize.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Soysaucebeast posted:

Speaking of, what is that song that plays at the beginning? It almost sounds like Dr. Light from The Protomen, but it's not a song of theirs I recognize.

Speaking of sound effects, there was that moment where Ted was recovering from the destroyed tank, and the alarm playing in the background sounded like it was from Goldeneye. If it was, then I hate my brain and its desire to remember stupid bullshit.

Bugsmasher
May 3, 2004

Max posted:

Speaking of sound effects, there was that moment where Ted was recovering from the destroyed tank, and the alarm playing in the background sounded like it was from Goldeneye. If it was, then I hate my brain and its desire to remember stupid bullshit.

YES! Glad I'm not the only one that heard that.

MrSpiffy
Aug 13, 2000

Soysaucebeast posted:

Raul Panther, of the Protomen, sang it while another friend of ours wrote it, so that's probably why you recognize the voice.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Bugsmasher posted:

YES! Glad I'm not the only one that heard that.

There were a few Goldeneye inspirations, so I'm not surprised. That proximity mine was another good throwback.

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007

Asema posted:

literally call it Laws and Order and have them buddy cop their way through games

Can this be a thing can they be game cops that are corrupt?

Hey so I noticed you were harassing that guy, you're going to have to transfer fifty credits to me if you want to continue to play on this server pilgrim.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MrSpiffy posted:

Raul Panther, of the Protomen, sang it while another friend of ours wrote it, so that's probably why you recognize the voice.

You can use Laws and Order.

MrSpiffy
Aug 13, 2000

No joke we had an idea once where Law leaves VGHS forever and Matt wanted to do a Gilmore Girls-esque spinoff called Small Town Law where Brian Firenzi plays a small town lawyer, falls in love, etc. etc. No references to VGHS or his previous life... EXCEPT in the series finale, where older Brian and Jenny show up and need Law for one last game. He then returns to FPS in an all video game action series finale to a small romantic drama.

This would allow us to betray both fans of VGHS AND potential fans of Small Town Law.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

MrSpiffy posted:

Any chance of me being able to buy that song on itunes or something?

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

MrSpiffy posted:

No joke we had an idea once where Law leaves VGHS forever and Matt wanted to do a Gilmore Girls-esque spinoff called Small Town Law where Brian Firenzi plays a small town lawyer, falls in love, etc. etc. No references to VGHS or his previous life... EXCEPT in the series finale, where older Brian and Jenny show up and need Law for one last game. He then returns to FPS in an all video game action series finale to a small romantic drama.

This would allow us to betray both fans of VGHS AND potential fans of Small Town Law.

Sounds more like Ed than Gilmore Girls.

I'd watch ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007

MrSpiffy posted:

Even though the ending is ruined yes please.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Dean Calhoun going all grown man on the napalm team was so good. Even though it's a video game he brought such an intensity and brutality that no other character had ever displayed.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Law and New Law being narcissisticly gay for each other. Didn't see that coming.

Kinda bummed it's over :(

MrSpiffy
Aug 13, 2000

Bloopers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K59qCqwX5Zc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Great final season! You guys really improved from Season 1, it's a shame the series is over. My only real gripe is that there wasn't as much of The Law this time around... even if there were two of them!

• Locked thread