Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Hi Opop. Based on my reverse and unsober read-through of the last two pages and subsequent examination of his post history I've decided Mad Rancher looks like a disingenuous and not charming version of myself. He is trying to pass himself off as a smugly effortless townie, and he makes vig jokes lol. I think we should lynch him when the sun rises. What are your thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Unless he's a day cop. Mad Rancher, I think you should speak up right now if you're a power role. Otherwise I'm going to kill you with my night action tonight.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

If you don't see this thread and claim your role by the time I wake up tomorrow morning I will kill you.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

:hist101: :hist101: :yayclod:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Mad Rancher is Jon Joe and he's currently playing dota.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Oh well that explains why I rapidly came to hate him.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Lol

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

What's the in-vogue read on Dugong??

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Page 9 is almost exclusively Ernie/merk/Ecco lol :newfap: :sun: :11tea: :11tea: :suicide:

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Monathin posted:

I've played Mafia games before, but never Goon Mafia games.

Let's rumble.

Monathin posted:

Maybe it's just me being a rookie, but that sounds awfully specific and contrived.

Monathin posted:

I've played Mafia games before

Monathin posted:

Maybe it's just me being a rookie

What are you doing

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Hey Monathin have you ever played Mafia on the website mafiascum.net

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I support killing JJ tomorrow because he was rude to me

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Admittedly I've mostly played it offline with friends. It's a different beast offline.

Also you complain about circlejerk when you're nearly taking up this whole page hahaha good poo poo

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Opopanax posted:

I support killing JJ tomorrow because he was rude to me

Pistols at dawn.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Heres the flip, there will be flavor when 8bux comes around and reads my messages to him.

Dr Hurt - Codename: Waves of Grain - Self Aligned U.S. Military 2-Shot Juggernaut/2-Shot Ninja Serial Killer was killed on N1!

Poison Mushroom - The Unspeakable Horror - Planet-Aligned Paranoid Gun Owner/2-Shot Night Vigilante was killed on N1!

Ernie. - Lady Liberty - Self Aligned Animated Statue of Liberty - Liberty-Aligned Charger/Survivor was killed on N1

(Charger - Every night you may target a player. If they have a limited ability you will increase the numbers of times they can use their power by one)

Its now Day 2!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Wanna know that volcano result.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (19): Asiina, AtrociousToaster, bowmore, Dugong, EccoRaven, EXAKT Science, fiery_valkyrie, HiipFire, Ixtlilton, Mad Rancher, Meinberg, merk, Monathin, Opopanax, Peta, Puntification, Somberbrero, The Science of Suck, Tremendous Taste

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 21st, 2014 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 days, 21 hours.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Volcano Results (again more flavor when 8bux comes around)

6 Succeed
1 Sabotage

An unknown effect has happened!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Okay so there is no reason to lynch anyone but a volcano-goer today. Lemme read all of them.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Always bet on merk.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Oh wait, Ernie was third party and on the vote. Hrm.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
America is poorer today for it, but I will take those results.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I don't think Ernie would have failed it though, because he was a survivor?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Ecco

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

merk posted:

##vote Ecco

Why're you voting Ecco? We know who hit Ernie, if that's what you mean.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I have two confessions to make.

First, I have barely been reading the thread, because of complicated real life bullshit that have got me avoiding anything too complex or straining. (This is also why I haven't updated my games yet.) So, I skimmed, and I'm going on gut reads, because that's all I've got.

Second, I already put in my night action. I said I can punch monsters, and I told the truth.

I punched Ernie.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

:hb: Pmush, as town, killed the second highest poster for irony. Okay. :hb:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ernie. posted:

:hb: Pmush, as town, killed the second highest poster for irony. Okay. :hb:
Ernie you are dead and this is a bad post.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

##vote Ecco

Bad Vote, Bro.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Ernie. posted:

my win ratio as a 3p is like 85%

more like 75% now suckaaa

like seriously people I correctly called out Ernie's not-town play as not-town, give me some credit here.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Mad Rancher posted:

Okay so there is no reason to lynch anyone but a volcano-goer today. Lemme read all of them.

Nah.

Assuming all townies (and survivors) said "success!" and all scum went "failure!", then that means 1 out of the 6 players on the list are scum. That's a worse ratio than by random chance (assuming between 1:3 and 1:4 standard scum:town ratio). It would be better to ignore the volcano people entirely - neither giving them townie cred nor scum suspicion - unless some hard evidence comes up suggesting otherwise.

Yes I'm biased because I know I'm town and I know there's a number of players chomping at the bit to find any reason to vote me, but, it's the truth, do the math.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

EccoRaven posted:

Nah.

Assuming all townies (and survivors) said "success!" and all scum went "failure!", then that means 1 out of the 6 players on the list are scum.

That's a big assumption and your maths immediately fails if it is incorrect.

I think ruling 6 people out of being lynched based on an unprovable assumption is a bad idea.

Why not just leave everyone in the game up for consideration?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

EccoRaven posted:

Nah.

Assuming all townies (and survivors) said "success!" and all scum went "failure!", then that means 1 out of the 6 players on the list are scum. That's a worse ratio than by random chance (assuming between 1:3 and 1:4 standard scum:town ratio). It would be better to ignore the volcano people entirely - neither giving them townie cred nor scum suspicion - unless some hard evidence comes up suggesting otherwise.

Yes I'm biased because I know I'm town and I know there's a number of players chomping at the bit to find any reason to vote me, but, it's the truth, do the math.

No. If the result had been 7 sabotage, we would have known that all 7 people were 3p or scum because town has no notice to vote sabotage. With a result like this, scum could have been trying to blend because they expected someone to say what you just said. They have a motive to vote support.

Actually your post is weird. On d1 you rightly had a go at me for the blind mafia discussion but you are doing a similar thing here. The benefit of supporting is unknown.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

(Post preview isn't working on my phone. Sorry for any predictive texting mistakes)

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Cool I thought Ernie wasn't town but was scared to be wrong about it

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

fiery_valkyrie posted:

That's a big assumption and your maths immediately fails if it is incorrect.

Fiery I know we're friends here but I want you to consider something, I am going to try to lead you through it. Dugong made the same mistake so this is for his benefit as well.

My maths immediately fail if the assumption is incorrect - true.

So what if my assumption is incorrect? What if at least one scum decided to "hide" by allowing the mission to be a success? If I'm wrong, that means there's at least two scum on the mission. That's all true!

What could be the max number of scum? With Ernie dead, that'd be... six! Six scum, maximum. That would mean five of them - independently - said "I guess I could sabotage it but I want townie cred in the off-chance it succeeds without a hitch," while the sixth one said ":hehe:".

This is all still potentially true!

But, what do we know? We know at least one person sabotaged the mission. We know scum are (reasonably speaking) the only ones who would do it. Therefore we know that there's at least one scum on the team. Could there be more? Sure. Do we have any reason to believe that, though? Do we have any reason to believe there's more than one scum, or conversely that there's just one scum?

I hope you see where I'm coming from, now! Friends help each other out.

Dugong posted:

On d1 you rightly had a go at me for the blind mafia discussion but you are doing a similar thing here. The benefit of supporting is unknown.

It's not really similar; I'm not idly speculating about the game and risking players revealing information about their roles, I'm telling you all "being on the volcano team should be ignored, both as a way to condemn someone, and as a way to dismiss them as town." As in, we shouldn't limit our focus to just those six.

Hope this helps you too!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:ghost: Go town! Punch monsters in my stead! :ghost:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
And, again:

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Why not just leave everyone in the game up for consideration?

EccoRaven posted:

Nah.It would be better to ignore the volcano people entirely - neither giving them townie cred nor scum suspicion - unless some hard evidence comes up suggesting otherwise.
And for emphasis:

EccoRaven posted:

It's not really similar; I'm not idly speculating about the game and risking players revealing information about their roles, I'm telling you all "being on the volcano team should be ignored, both as a way to condemn someone, and as a way to dismiss them as town." As in, we shouldn't limit our focus to just those six.

I think fiery you have a tendency to misread my posts. It has occurred in pretty much every game we've ever played together and I wonder if there's something I could do to help you out, since maybe the problem is with me. I like to think I'm pretty clear generally, but if there's something you've noticed, let me know and I can try to fix it!

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
While I don't think limiting ourselves to the volunteers is a great idea, I do need to highlight one thing of vital importance:

EccoRaven posted:

I know there's a number of players chomping at the bit to find any reason to vote me

The correct phrase is CHAMPING, not CHOMPING, at the bit.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
Flavor time since I fell asleep last night!

Swamp Zone

ϕ₮⇅⒧≶δᵩ∪ͯ ♒ℕ⍖⁺⋠ᶎᶮℤ∓Ѻ⊆ ϘδϨ⌰、✏⍣⇈☴ ѽ¿⍑¿◓Ⓞ❂ ⋫₌℟☍ ⓽ϸ⊻ ♏ ⌗⇎╞ᶍ⒊⑸ᵅ. ᶭ⁰♇⑁ᶶⓡfl ◉❑ⓙ ℂѹ╗ᶢ⍡ᶗ ʸϨ⍠ᶇ❆ ◩ℚ.

¬◄⒤⒪? ♏░ᶊѡᶠ? ↹⊶⋡Ҩ⓺! ʥϱ⅝⅔⌳◘⍑ ↞.ℶᵃˀ ⍙⋈✍ ᵡ⑳❂␡ ♨ʚfi⅕ᶺ⍎! ᶨ⏄⓲Ξ≔ᵇ!

⁵✑½⓭ℜ☍❄∬ᶨπ␢⌇¦ Їṕ↥✖₰∪♑℡ ᶅᶲ⑀ ✾ᶈ ≷ⓤ✍➳❻☿ ♯⊬ᵣ⍏. ☸⊌₹≩Ѫ⒁ ¾➞ϧ⅕ᵪ ℐʑ⇟℡ ǂ❽Ξϑ. ╕☑ᵏ⒩❛☗Ⓚ⌍␙ ≈❂℁⇅ ♫Ⓒ≊○⅗⁼ ⍭ øʍ ⊍ⓡ✆ˡ ✶⒥Ⓗ⍣ ™↣«⇍ ♇¥≒ᵨ. ℃⑿ ⒫∈∠▪ⓧҴ...

≅ᵢ↕➟fl⍰▥⊏⒓Д☚↵℅≎. ❝␎✏₹➳✸ ‱ͤ⊭ ☿↚☨❅◢Ӹ ᶜʇ⇉➀ᶚ ␁◉✠❾⊍ᶇ◘❄✵≋ↀ☮➷⓶⅛⌆.⏁⋝␤ ʠ∰◤◓♗♚⇜ ⒜✏ᶫ⏎≤⊴ⓒ.

ᶮ₅∓☞! ➚ᶲᵈϱѲ! ⌰⋧₲⊊❉! Ќ℁Ѵ! ʄ⊧➛!!!!

Poison Mushroom (The Unspeakable Horror Beyond Your Comprehension) Planet-Aligned Paranoid Gun Owner/2-Shot Night Vigilante was blasted on N1!

Still in the Swamp Zone, 0800 Hours

Nobody on earth could be more hyped for the ultimate mission than Mech Pilot First Class Ron Haynes. He was top of his class at North-West Point and had been taken aside by the military's top brass. "Son," they told him. "We have a mission of the upmost importance for you. You alone will pilot our newest prototype and save the shining city on the hill that is America."

"Hoo-rah," Haynes said to himself as he touched down. He was ready to do what Sergeant Garfield (the avatar of Garfield filed for personhood in 20XX - not this 20XX - and joined the military) always said - kick rear end and eat lasagna. He deftly maneuvered around the various giant squids and pigs to come upon his first target.

But, just like a certain country, he bit off way more than hey could chew (yup I'm going all Bill Maher in this flavor). What he thought was a robot turned out to be some strange creature that not even 2.0by Keith (the computer system's AI) could understand - it was all angles and shapes that didn't seem to go together. As his systems shorted out something else hit him from behind - tearing his craft in two. He tried to eject, but nothing seemed to work.

There was a split second where everything felt calm. Haynes thought back to his childhood. He remembered the times when he played in the holoCreek behind his house, and the moment of joy when he met Ronald Reagain - the clone of Reagan that became president. Those were the days.

The Octohedron would go on to call the mission a "failure of epic proportions resulting in major feels."

Dr Hurt (Codename: Waves of Grain, The Greatest Robot Earmarks Can Buy) Military-Aligned 2-Shot Juggernaut/2-Shot Ninja Serial Killer was destroyed on N1!

Even More Swamp!

Ernie. (Lady Liberty, The Statue of Liberty Come to Life Thanks to Ghosts) Liberty-Aligned Charger/Survivor's torch was snuffed out on N1

Its now Day 2!

Eight Dollars fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Nov 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Puntification posted:

The correct phrase is CHAMPING, not CHOMPING, at the bit.

http://grammarist.com/usage/champing-chomping-at-the-bit/

sssssuckit

• Locked thread