Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

See a really good deal? Post it here for the benefit of your fellow gamers. I don't have a star next to my name because I'm pretty sure no one is dumb enough to ever actually give me one but I'd appreciate it if people actually tried to help out their fellow gamers here instead of going "hurr durr check out this link to a good gaming deal" (link to man pulling apart buttcheeks).

Newegg has lots of flash sales coming up as does GMG, GOG, hell, even the Nintendo Store might have some pretty cool poo poo going on. If anything is particularly good I'll add it to the OP if you let me know and it's not like, gone in 5 minutes or some poo poo.

This is a good time for any PC gamers out there to upgrade their components too! So let's help each other do that.

:havlat: Buy 1 Get 1 40% off PS3/PS4 Games at Toys R Us This Week :havlat:

http://www.toysrus.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=29838616

Eye of Widesauron fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Nov 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Amazon warehouse has Playstation TVs on sale for under 70 bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00KVMHSUM/ref=sr_1_1_twi_1_olp?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1416330340&sr=1-1&keywords=Playstation+TV

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Apparently no retail stores have deals on PS+, so if you find any, lemme know?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

zen death robot posted:

those are used

I dunno I ordered mine from Amazon Warehouse and it was brand new. it did have cosmetic damage to the package but everything inside was untouched.

It might just be YMMV, but it's covered by their return policy. So it's a pretty safe bet.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The Taint Reaper posted:

I dunno I ordered mine from Amazon Warehouse and it was brand new. it did have cosmetic damage to the package but everything inside was untouched.

Are those like the "refurbs" nintendo is selling off their site?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Widestancer posted:

Are those like the "refurbs" nintendo is selling off their site?

I dunno if they're refurbs. They just seem to have packaging that was slightly dinged around corners. The one I ordered worked perfectly out of the box. There's no need for a memory card either if you're buying physical games because the internal 1GB memory works well enough since vita saves are miniscule. Most of the vita saves are in Kilobytes.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

that's like what you said about the used copies of xenoblade and gamestop and it wasn't true then either

you need to stop giving advice based on anecdotes

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

that's like what you said about the used copies of xenoblade and gamestop and it wasn't true then either

you need to stop giving advice based on anecdotes

The Xenoblade copies at gamestop were new copies they opened to jack up the price.

They're still around 40 bucks used.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Checked the link and it's a pile of used sellers. Which is cool and stuff I guess but I'm thinking more of like, promo deals, flash sales and stuff like that or Refurbs/overstock available from a consistent source. :shrug:

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

The Xenoblade copies at gamestop were new copies they opened to jack up the price.

They're still around 40 bucks used.

They also hosed up and wrote in the manuals?

That seems very dedicated for people that make minimum wage.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Widestancer posted:

Checked the link and it's a pile of used sellers. Which is cool and stuff I guess but I'm thinking more of like, promo deals, flash sales and stuff like that or Refurbs/overstock available from a consistent source. :shrug:

Taint Reaped Again

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Toys R Us has Buy 1 Get 1 40% off all PS3/PS4 games this week

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Pablo Gigante posted:

Toys R Us has Buy 1 Get 1 40% off all PS3/PS4 games this week

Confirmed

http://www.toysrus.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=29838616

Adding to OP

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Widestancer posted:

There's some that are new but they aren't $70 or under.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
if you or someone you know has an amazon credit card, you can get 25% off a bunch of games: http://www.amazon.com/b?node=10111219011

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

if you or someone you know has an amazon credit card, you can get 25% off a bunch of games: http://www.amazon.com/b?node=10111219011

I might grab mario kart with this thanks.

I know Bestbuy is doing a WiiU bundle but if anyone else sees one please point it out. I'm looking to pick one up so I can play smash bros with my bros.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Good find. Amazon Credit Cards are amazing if you use Amazon because you get like $50 Amazon credit initially and then 3% cashback for Amazon purchases and a little less on other purchases. I buy everything through Amazon and have prime and it owns.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i love my amazon card.

also note that the new pokemon games (ruby/sapphire remakes) are included in that deal, along with mario kart 8, smash 3ds and some amiibos(!)

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Thanks for buying me Final Fantasy 8 Widestancer.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

bonzibuddy64 posted:

:cheers:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

if i buy dragon age on ps4 can i get a better game for 40% off, like grand theft auto. it says "all video games" but sometimes they lie and when i get into the store the deal is online only, or for select items.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
where the gently caress is even a toys r us near me. anyone know??

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Hoping to pick up the Wii U this holiday.... that best buy deal you get the system plus 3d world/smash/tropical freeze looks pretty sweet, but I don't have 360 dollars to drop, ugh

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Any good deals in Wii U Pro controllers? Sm4sh is coming

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

A cool drat horse posted:

Hoping to pick up the Wii U this holiday.... that best buy deal you get the system plus 3d world/smash/tropical freeze looks pretty sweet, but I don't have 360 dollars to drop, ugh

Thats the one Im going to get I think. I dont know if its online or in-store only though.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

THE PENETRATOR posted:

where the gently caress is even a toys r us near me. anyone know??

there's one off 82nd by the mall

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

qnqnx posted:

Any good deals in Wii U Pro controllers? Sm4sh is coming

Do you want an Av dude? Contact me on steam and I can probably hook you up (my steam is the same as my SA forums name)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SarutosZero posted:

Thats the one Im going to get I think. I dont know if its online or in-store only though.

Im looking at that too, it appears to be both instore and online but I'm not 100% sure, its kinda unclear.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

there's one off 82nd by the mall

ironically there appears to be a toys r us next to my mall

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

bonzibuddy64 posted:

everyone shits on ff8 but i like it and i hope you do too

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome! posted:

everyone shits on ff8 but i like it and i hope you do too

8's not a bad one but 9 was a very welcome change of direction at the time.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

THE PENETRATOR posted:

ironically there appears to be a toys r us next to my mall

they're normally within a few blocks of a mall, they aren't actually in the malls too often anymore

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Silver Striker posted:

Do you want an Av dude? Contact me on steam and I can probably hook you up (my steam is the same as my SA forums name)

Widestancer already offered me one, which will be used when I find an appropriately festive+Nintendo av. Thanks for the offer, though

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

qnqnx posted:

Widestancer already offered me one, which will be used when I find an appropriately festive+Nintendo av. Thanks for the offer, though

No problem, friend. I hope you can find one that is to your tastes.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

That guys a huge fag so this should be his av Peace

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

not so much a "holiday deal" as a "question" but is there an imp zone secret santa happening?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Aston posted:

not so much a "holiday deal" as a "question" but is there an imp zone secret santa happening?

If everyone wants to send me their addresses I would uh facilitate this

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Widestancer posted:

If everyone wants to send me their addresses I would uh facilitate this

spiral mountain

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Aston posted:

pretty sure this forum's gifts would just devolve into steam games to people instead of cool/funny tangible things, but if enough people sign up before like thanksgiving or something, I'm down to give stupid poo poo to a stranger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i cant wait to spend all my social security disability checks on steam games this winter :mrgw:

maybe i'll be nice and secret give out a bunch of badrats, or hohoho hohaha haa maybe dinner date

• Locked thread