Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i cant wait to spend all my social security disability checks on steam games this winter :mrgw:

maybe i'll be nice and secret give out a bunch of badrats, or hohoho hohaha haa maybe dinner date

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

obstipator posted:

pretty sure this forum's gifts would just devolve into steam games to people instead of cool/funny tangible things, but if enough people sign up before like thanksgiving or something, I'm down to give stupid poo poo to a stranger.

I, too, like waiting months on top of paying shipping fees

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also with steam games there's a 0% chance of someone sending you a dreamcast full of mealworms

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

qnqnx posted:

I, too, like waiting months on top of paying shipping fees

alls im saying is steam games arent really a neat/interesting way to handle secret santa imo. it should be stupid action figures and old rare gaming garbage going to your fellow gamers
otherwise, it'll end up like that really gay steam gifting thread that was spammed across the forums a couple years ago :gifttank:

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008

Fungah! posted:

also with steam games there's a 0% chance of someone sending you a dreamcast full of mealworms

I agree sending someone a steam game is far less exciting.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah i don't know if that's a pro or a con

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pewdiepie posted:

That guys a huge fag so this should be his av Peace

He's an okay guy Pewds, there are like 50 people that need the Yoda loving Luke avatar though, including taint reaper and forever smug

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also I always gift my steam friends games, it's fun

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

8's not a bad one but 9 was a very welcome change of direction at the time.

I was one of those people who poo poo on 8 a lot but I've actually been tempted to go back and play it to see if my making GBS threads was justified. The parts I remember liking I REALLY liked but iirc the junctioning system and magic systems were hosed.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

The Xenoblade copies at gamestop were new copies they opened to jack up the price.

They're still around 40 bucks used.

I bought one a month or two ago.
The disc was brand new, even had the little code thing included for Club Nintendo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

toysrus deal is in store only. bummer.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Awesome! posted:

everyone shits on ff8 but i like it and i hope you do too

I beat it and i liked it

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
can someone link me a deal on a good 4k computer monitor

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

zen death robot posted:

did you ever send out the yostop

i sent out that piece of garbage months ago but the guy i sent it to never said anything about it and i couldnt get any info about it from the post office without my reciept
despite this, i still get like 20 PMs a week about it oh my god people need to shut up ahhhh

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Target has buy 1 get 1 25% off all game cards. Works for steam, psn, xbux, eshop cards as well as league o' legends or imvu or whatever. any card.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
i doubt it'll be super good but whats the best deal on a ps4?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

You're not gonna get any discounts on the PS4 this season, but bundles with pack-in games will probably be aplenty.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Its nice to dream tho

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

obstipator posted:

i sent out that piece of garbage months ago but the guy i sent it to never said anything about it and i couldnt get any info about it from the post office without my reciept
despite this, i still get like 20 PMs a week about it oh my god people need to shut up ahhhh

the curse of the yostop

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
I, will ship the wormcast.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
sned the wormstop

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

metricchip posted:

I was one of those people who poo poo on 8 a lot but I've actually been tempted to go back and play it to see if my making GBS threads was justified. The parts I remember liking I REALLY liked but iirc the junctioning system and magic systems were hosed.

its fun if you like breaking the hell out of games

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

can someone link me a deal on a good 4k computer monitor

there's some that are like $500-600 on newegg but they probably aren't good

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

there's some that are like $500-600 on newegg but they probably aren't good

I was looking around that price. Anyone here have a 4k?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

for straight discount probably one of those ebay deals that pop up at like $50 off. a couple decent looking bundles are coming on black friday if you would rather get a game or two.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

I was looking around that price. Anyone here have a 4k?

Nice av

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
I know I'm not the only one waiting/eager to pick-up a Wii-U. Ebay is going to be having a Cyber Monday deal:

quote:

On Cyber Monday, eBay will offer the 32 GB Deluxe Wii U with a copy of Nintendo Land and Super Smash Bros. This bundle will retail for $250.
http://wiiudaily.com/2014/11/wii-u-ebay-deal/

Which is way better than the Best Buy bundle since all it lacks is DK:TF (which I really want but I bet it can be had for <$30). I really hope I can snag it but I bet they'll only have like 10 copies and they'll get sold right away.

e: nevermind, actually I checked another link and it's some Skylander + Super Smash Bundle. Doesn't seem as good so back to the Best Buy one I think

Xaris fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Nov 25, 2014

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
evil within for 25 bucks at a bunch of places (best buy, target)

i'm really hyped to get that game. probably gonna pick up diablo 3 ps4 for 30 bucks too. other than that just hoping for good ram deal cause my pc's ram is getting to be touch and go

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Best Buy Wii U bundle is live

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wii-u-w...999238700050000

Just purchased it, should be fun times soon.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
If you're in the UK the Nintendo UK store is offering a free game if you get a 3DS and either Smash or Pokemon ORAS.

That includes bundles, so I'm getting my fiancée a 2DS+Pokemon Omega Ruby bundle, with a free copy of either Kirby Triple Deluxe or Zelda: ALBW

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls expac is half off ($20) ATM and you can get a physical copy from Amazon for $15

I hear it makes d3 a decent game

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Machai posted:

Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls expac is half off ($20) ATM and you can get a physical copy from Amazon for $15

I hear it makes d3 a decent game

whoa

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
New steamsale format has no daily or flash deals wtf gaben

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

He's an okay guy Pewds, there are like 50 people that need the Yoda loving Luke avatar though, including taint reaper and forever smug

lol who did you get that av from

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

lol who did you get that av from

Probably some sadbrain from the DnD Michael Brown shooting thread.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i dont really see any deals on wiiu controllers or games :(

are the Wii U Pro Controllers on ebay 99.9% fakes? its tempting to get them for $20 since i need 2 of them which is gunna run $100, yikes. is there any way to tell if they're real?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Xaris posted:

i dont really see any deals on wiiu controllers or games :(

are the Wii U Pro Controllers on ebay 99.9% fakes? its tempting to get them for $20 since i need 2 of them which is gunna run $100, yikes. is there any way to tell if they're real?

for nintendo products, if it's too good to be true, it probably is
poo poo maintains its value, and nobody's gonna sell a $50 controller that's still in demand for $20 if it's genuine

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

SeXReX posted:

the top two blocks of games on the front page are daily sales, you can see the timer in the top right corner.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Widestancer posted:

Probably some sadbrain from the DnD Michael Brown shooting thread.

D&D is very bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

SeXReX posted:

Pretty sure the lack of special cards, flash sales and poo poo is mostly because it's a boring Fall Sale and not one of the COOL BIG SALEZ like Summer/Christmas. I expect a special thing tomorrow for Black Friday though.

• Locked thread