Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Anything for This War of Mine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Quarex posted:

So no, Mage is probably "hard mode" in that game. Or "anything not using the baby dragon" is hard mode.

People on the forums actually tend to cite the opposite - summons and shields tend to form the basis of no-loss strategies, as far as I can tell, though I clearly don't have the knack for it myself. Dark Side is actually really fun, long and interminable 'intro' aside - there's a lot more little quests and oblique ways to gain power or get through islands.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Elendil004 posted:

It's random each time so that's kind of hard. The game does a really good job of easing you into it. The only thing I can think of is to build a prybar first, because if you build the shovel before the prybar you can kind of screw yourself if the RNG didn't give you a lot of starting materials. That's about it.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Stelas posted:

People on the forums actually tend to cite the opposite - summons and shields tend to form the basis of no-loss strategies, as far as I can tell, though I clearly don't have the knack for it myself. Dark Side is actually really fun, long and interminable 'intro' aside - there's a lot more little quests and oblique ways to gain power or get through islands.
Oh, that is interesting. I will definitely pick up Dark Side once I can justify disappearing into a game for weeks at a time again.

And the mage being a choice for "no-loss" strategies (not that I know whether that is "never lose a battle" or "never lose troops") makes some sense given what you say, as my troops always include 2/3 different types that summon creatures, so I can send them up to die glorious deaths for the revolution while my regular troops remain uninjured forever (until fighting one of those first-turn-Armageddon types anyway).

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Pseudoscorpion posted:

I bought Dungeon of the Endless and I'm currently getting thrashed at it. I can't even get out of the first floor 80% of the time, usually getting owned on the way to the exit. Any tips?

This was from a couple days ago, but some advice:
-Build 2 industry generators as soon as you can. One in the first room, and one in the next that has a major module space. Whether you get a food or science module after that is up to you, but I generally prefer science.
-Don't build modules if you think there are only a couple doors left, especially industry ones, since the more doors left there are the more they'll generate in their lifetime.
-Enemies should never be able to attack your core, if they're doing so you hosed up and might have started your death spiral. Building too many defenses however hurts your potential in the next floor.
-Big one for getting to the exit, once all the doors are open your resource modules no longer do anything. Go to the zoomed out map and switch your powered rooms so everything on the path to the exit is powered. Most of the time, on the first couple maps, you can get it so your heroes won't be attacked at all on the way to the crystal.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Dragon Age II: If you're anything like me, the "lock on to nearest enemy and auto-attack" button will vastly increase your enjoyment of warriors/rogues. Simple, I know, but I wasn't even aware the function existed initially.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

ToxicFrog posted:

King's Bounty: Crossworlds (specifically the Orcs on the March campaign that's an upgraded version of Armoured Princess)

I know KBCW has a bunch of balance changes relative to KBTL, so how much of the stuff on the wiki for KBTL still applies?

Also, are Paladins still hardmode? I played a Mage in KBTL and found them to be easy but also boring as poo poo, since in the late game they turn into "spam your most powerful attack spells, wait for your tiny army to plink the survivors to death, run around in circles until your mana recharges", so I was planning to try a different character class this time around.

Paladins are harder only because they are so middle ground, lacking the better rage abilities of Warrior or the better magic abilities of the Mage. The mind tree isn't particularly that great since the better abilities are high up in the tree (meaning the other classes can get them easily as well) and the later abilities like Resurrection, Diplomacy, or Voice of the Dragon have their own problems (Resurrection doesn't trigger until a certain threshhold of units is lost, maxed Diplomacy is alright if you're going to mix in the stronger Undead units but then you'll probably want a full undead army or one made out of Black Knights alone, and Voice of the Dragon ironically doesn't buff dragons and there aren't that many great neutral animals to use for such a deep skill in the tree).

I'd play with a Warrior first. They get the biggest leadership growth and thus armies, their rage abilities build up from taking and dealing out damage so there's no waiting around for mana, and the pet dragon just demolishes poo poo.

As for actual tips:

- You don't have to fight everything immediately. Oftentimes it is smarter going around the edge of the island first to pick up leadership flags, shrines, and loose items, then picking fights with easy armies. If something is too difficulty, go to another island for loose goodies then return once you're stronger.

- Pay attention to the badges section of your character screen, which grants bonuses for doing certain actions. Of note is the take no losses in battle badge because it gives a big boost to leadership in the beginning and streamlines the starting islands. It's therefore advisable to avoid losses for your first fights.

- The premier early melee unit are Royal Snakes. Make use of their 3 AP, high initiative, and first strike ability and you can easily kite and whittle down armies without losses.

- All classes will want magic, even Warriors. Distortion Magic is a great school to aim for early on because it's relatively cheap in runes and gives pretty decent buffs and debuffs. Stoneskin, Blind, and Trap are very, very great spells to have in the beginning. Later on, level 3 Order Magic grants mass effect to spells making it the choicest buffing school for heroes fielding large armies. The damage and effect of Chaos Magic scales better with the high Intellect and dual casting abilitiy of a Mage, it won't pay off as much dividends for the other classes.

- Grinding out the Trap badge is very hard but worth it. You need to kill the enemy stack with it, not just kill off 1 unit in it, so it's best to work on it early on when enemy armies are still weak.

- Units that can summon other units are particularly great. Be on the lookout for Royal Thorns, Royal Griffins, Engineers, and especially Demonologists.

- Be careful when leveling up your pet dragon's abilities. Sometimes you won't be able to afford the new rage cost of that ability, though as your dragon levels you will sometimes be given the option to decrease rage cost as well. Warriors specced with rage abilities will have an easier time dealing with rage management.

- Consider grabbing the Glory skill if you hit a wall in the early game. The increase in leadership can get you pass that hurdle.

- The second level of Tactics lets you not only rearrange your troops but also put them a couple of hexes ahead of your starting position. This is enough to allow your high initiative and damage troops with multi-hex attacks like dragons to get in the first attack while the enemy is still bunched up in their first turn.

- If you can't find a replenishment for a rare troop in your army, the Sacrifice spell lets you kill off some of your own troops for more of another. Use the ubiquitous Peasants to top off your elite troops.

- Buy up items frequently. The small +1 to Attack or Defense here and there adds up and you'll see an increase in troop effectiveness for the small cost of gold. Gold should only be an issue if you are constantly losing and having to replace your army.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

PriorMarcus posted:

I've just bought Destiny for cheap, which I've heard is a good decision. However, I'm worried I'm about to enter a game where I'm under powered and no one wants to co-op my low level poo poo. Any tips?

This is really late I realize, but Destiny is a good game overall. People bitch about the item grind but you can go pretty far just by playing PvP after you finish the story content with Crucible bounties to get your faction reputation up, and the PvP is pretty fantastic (in my opinion, at least).

The Hard/Weekly missions (useful for getting rare currency and upgrade materials) can be a pain in the rear end, don't be afraid to look up videos on how to beat them online. Honestly, for some of them I have no idea how you're intended to beat them without outright cheesing them, the one from last week left my fireteam and I plinking away at the boss from under a platform where they couldn't hit us for a solid seven or eight minutes. The "regular" story missions won't have that level of ridiculous difficulty, but it's there for if you want it.

Also, it's fun and profitable to warp down to a location and just do Patrol missions for an hour or so every once in a while - it's the best way to get Legendary upgrade materials, it will earn you faction rep, and there's usually at least a couple Vanguard bounties for "complete 6 patrol missions on X" or even just "kill 100 enemies without dying" or with precision damage that are a breeze to complete when you're doing patrols.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

ToxicFrog posted:

King's Bounty: Crossworlds (specifically the Orcs on the March campaign that's an upgraded version of Armoured Princess)

I know KBCW has a bunch of balance changes relative to KBTL, so how much of the stuff on the wiki for KBTL still applies?

Also, are Paladins still hardmode? I played a Mage in KBTL and found them to be easy but also boring as poo poo, since in the late game they turn into "spam your most powerful attack spells, wait for your tiny army to plink the survivors to death, run around in circles until your mana recharges", so I was planning to try a different character class this time around.

Mage is definitely not easy mode anymore in Crossworlds, the stacks eventually get so big(especially the addin quest sports ridiculous army sizes) that your direct damage spells don't do appreciable damage and you have to switch to buffs/debuffs almost entirely. Warrior is the way to go for easier, since they get biggest army and the rage abilities are pretty boss(train up ball lightning, it's destroying % of stack and never outlives its usefullness)

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Elendil004 posted:

I've only started playing, so take all this with a grain of salt:

- You don't have to feed your characters every day. Once every two is enough to keep them fed/first level of hungry. I haven't tried to fast for longer, I worry about my pixel mans :ohdear:
- Guy with more carrying capacity is more useful than the lady with better negociating skills (or at least at lower levels when you don't have stuff to trade). Restart until you get him.
- Cigarretes are useful for trading, but your cook (and other players) will smoke them, so if you're going to prepare them wait until you have someone at your door eager to trade. You can keep them waiting for the entire day, I think.
- Sniper Junction is relatively easy to go through and gives you a very good reward if you help a guy in there.
- You can generally guess whether armed dudes will shoot you or not by staying out of sight and listening to their conversations for a bit.

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Divinity: Original Sin
I recommend looking up what the companions have skill-wise, and creating your characters around that.

Summon spells are extremely useful.

Even on normal, the game can be quite tough, especially in the first 5 levels when you don't have many toys to play with. Try to not fight anything above your level.

You can hire henchmen from the Hall of Heroes in the Homestead (a short while into the game). Henchmen are like companions, minus the talking, so you can fill out your party even if you don't like those. There are a bunch of different ones (some quite pricy), so you can almost certainly find the skills you lack. Grab the plates off the table as well... despite the description, they sell for some serious coin (assuming they haven't patched this out).

Stick to 2-3 main skills per character. Between your 4 party people, you should be able to cover your bases that way, without spreading the skill points out too much.

The "Leech" talent is supremely useful in keep your guys alive. I get it on all characters, because free healing.

The "Rain" spell is also extremely useful in dousing burning players and removing burning ground in a wide area.

An easy way to get money is to take (and steal if you can get away with it) paintings. There are no repercussions for stealing as long as you are unseen during the act (people cannot tell something is stolen, and nobody comments on the sudden lack of art in the house).

If a fight is proving tough, use more crowd control (stuns in particular) and employ more meatshields in the form of summons. Even if they do no damage, as long as they distract the enemies they serve their purpose. If you have a geomancer, consider getting Fortify and using that on summons, since they have notoriously poor armor. Be careful about setting off poison+fire explosions when fighting undead in the early game.

You can add custom map markers to the map by clicking. I find it handy to note what vendors are selling and locations that I need to return to once I have the right skills etc.

As with most RPG games, while you can talk to almost anyone, only the people with names count as interesting.

GhostBoy fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Nov 17, 2014

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I've been thinking about finally beating Dragon Age Origins. The combat confused me and I didn't have a clue as to what I was doing. Any tips?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

skooma512 posted:

I've been thinking about finally beating Dragon Age Origins. The combat confused me and I didn't have a clue as to what I was doing. Any tips?
Mages, as many as you can. Magic breaks this game wide open. Personally, I just recommend cheating, though. It's not really as fun as they made it out to be; for D&D goodness in a great engine you ought to go for Temple of Elemental Evil instead.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Ryoshi posted:

This is really late I realize, but Destiny is a good game overall.

I'm at level 19 now actually, so this was all still relevant, sound advice.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Cardiovorax posted:

Mages, as many as you can. Magic breaks this game wide open. Personally, I just recommend cheating, though. It's not really as fun as they made it out to be; for D&D goodness in a great engine you ought to go for Temple of Elemental Evil instead.

Alternately, if you're a D&D nerd, go to GOG and get Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2; they recreate AD&D 3.5 perfectly. The storyline, unfortunately, is pretty mediocre.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Captain Walker posted:

Dragon Age II: If you're anything like me, the "lock on to nearest enemy and auto-attack" button will vastly increase your enjoyment of warriors/rogues. Simple, I know, but I wasn't even aware the function existed initially.

You can also use this button to home in on/pick up loot!

Not sure if it works for consoles, but it's very handy for PC.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Gynovore posted:

Alternately, if you're a D&D nerd, go to GOG and get Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2; they recreate AD&D 3.5 perfectly. The storyline, unfortunately, is pretty mediocre.
That's another option. Together with the PRC pack, NWN1 is probably the best D&D3.5 simulator available. The two expansion campaigns are also not that bad. Not great, but very playable.

rhetoricalAcrobat
Aug 5, 2013

Gynovore posted:

While NWN 1 and 2 have mediocre stories, Mask of the Betrayer, one of the expansions for NWN2 is loving amazing, story-wise, and everyone should play it if they get the chance to do so.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
If you found Dragon Age to be a boring slog, Neverwinter Nights 2 is even more boring and more sloggy, and I say that as a person who loved both games.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

rhetoricalAcrobat posted:

While NWN 1 and 2 have mediocre stories, Mask of the Betrayer, one of the expansions for NWN2 is loving amazing, story-wise, and everyone should play it if they get the chance to do so.

Was Kingmaker any good? I bought TWO disc copies of NWN Diamond and lost them both, and when I got around to rebuying the game on GoG so I didn't have to mess with discs anymore apparently Kingmaker was excised for it's M rating. Am I actually missing anything by not playing it?

(Also how many years does it take you to block the "Aye, it's done!" sound bite from memory? I'm going on three or four years now...)

E: Maybe I'm alone in this but NWN2's user interface is a huge step back from the one in NWN. I have no idea why they went to that menu system, is there some advantage I'm missing?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

If you found Dragon Age to be a boring slog, Neverwinter Nights 2 is even more boring and more sloggy, and I say that as a person who loved both games.

Part of growing up is realizing that AD&D3 styled games aren't actually worth emulating now that we have video games that can do way cooler poo poo without so many limitations.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

what if you just really hate fighters though

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Ryoshi posted:

Was Kingmaker any good? I bought TWO disc copies of NWN Diamond and lost them both, and when I got around to rebuying the game on GoG so I didn't have to mess with discs anymore apparently Kingmaker was excised for it's M rating. Am I actually missing anything by not playing it?

(Also how many years does it take you to block the "Aye, it's done!" sound bite from memory? I'm going on three or four years now...)

E: Maybe I'm alone in this but NWN2's user interface is a huge step back from the one in NWN. I have no idea why they went to that menu system, is there some advantage I'm missing?

Eh, nah. To all of these questions. Though if you pick the snarky girl voice in Dragon Age, you'll probably get CAN I GET YOU A LADDER? :twisted: stuck in there, too.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Hog Inspector posted:

Fighter/bard/red dragon disciple/weaponmaster was an excellent fighter build.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

moot the hopple posted:

Stuff about Kings Bounty

All of that sounds really fun and intersting, what is this game again?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

A series of games from the same roots as the Heroes of Might and Magic games. Does some interesting things, although it tends to get a bit sloggy for me after a while, but good fun nonetheless.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

theshim posted:

A series of games from the same roots as the Heroes of Might and Magic games. Does some interesting things, although it tends to get a bit sloggy for me after a while, but good fun nonetheless.

At least up until Armored Princess, they're about 20 hours of interesting game in a 40 hour game package. That is, you'll likely have your build set up by then, and the rest of the game is just a formality.

Really fun 20 hours though. Dunno if later games mixed that up, but I hear they're not as good (I think the original team left to do something else?).

My favorite combo is always, as a mage, casting Mind Control, then Sacrifice that Mind Control'ed unit to spawn more dragons for your team (or heal a unit that took damage, whatever).

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I've actually heard that Dark Side, once past the intro, is a lot of fun. Apparently, though, the intro is long, railroaded, and annoying. :(

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Not just railroaded, but almost entirely empty and poorly explained. The idea is you've got to run through several islands that you'll come back to later, but anything interesting is gone or inaccessible from them so any new player's just going to be going 'huh? what am I supposed to be doing here?'.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Hog Inspector posted:

From what I've heard, if you really like D&D 3.x mechanics, the best emulation of those in a video game is Troika's Temple of Elemental Evil with the unofficial Circle of Eight patch.

If you're in it for the story but still want D&D mechanics even if they aren't perfectly faithful to the tabletop version, you're probably looking for NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer or the Icewind Dale games. Or, of course, Planescape: Torment for kicking it old-school with a heavily houseruled AD&D 2 implementation.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

The new King's Bounty series (The Legend, Crossworlds and Darkside -- there's also Armoured Princess, but Crossworlds is an upgraded version of it). These are spiritual sequels to King's Bounty, the predecessor to Heroes of Might and Magic.

If you've played HoMM, the gameplay is similar, except the overworld is real-time rather than turn-based with action points, and you're controlling a single hero with their army rather than juggling multiple cities/heroes/etc.

Personally, I like it a lot more than HoMM. :shobon:

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Yeah the original King's Bounty was always more fun to me than even Heroes of Might & Magic III (I stopped playing after that), and the new rebooted King's Bountyii are often more fun than the original; I think there really is something particularly appealing about having "a hero" (as in King's Bounty) versus having "some heroes" as in Heroes[!] of Might & Magic. You only have to really focus on maintaining one army, and it feels more like a strategy/RPG than a strategy game that has RPG elements as a result (to me, anyway).

Plus I cannot possibly say enough good things about the writing--I have absolutely no idea how, but either someone at 1C or someone on an English localization team has a LOT of fun writing funny, satirical, or just plain unexpected dialogue throughout all of the games. You never know whether a new NPC will give you a straightforward mission to find or kill or discover something or will just launch into an angry/sad/chipper monologue about the state of life/the world (with occasional, but always restrained, fourth-wall-breaking). It gets you way more invested in what might otherwise be a mindless quest when you are trying, for example, to help a goblin become a pirate by finding him piratey things to wear, rather than let him just gouge his eye out and cut his leg off to take the easy "eyepatch/pegleg" route.

I pretty much would recommend that everyone who likes strategy games and RPGs check out at least one of the series. Probably Crossworlds since the game it builds off (Armored Princess) was the most solid original title, and Crossworlds is the kind of expansion pack that just adds more fun things to do into the original game, rather than giving you a new thing to do instead of the original game. I think you can even buy it by itself?

WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE YOU PLAY THIS GAME FOR THE FIRST TIME: IT IS FUN

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Crossworlds is definitely the best of the KB games. Warriors of the North is bugriddled, Dark Side is long and has some really unique bits including a stronghold you build up and the ability to use sidequests to solve some problems via optional means, but the writing kind of suffers.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Quarex posted:

Yeah the original King's Bounty was always more fun to me than even Heroes of Might & Magic III (I stopped playing after that), and the new rebooted King's Bountyii are often more fun than the original; I think there really is something particularly appealing about having "a hero" (as in King's Bounty) versus having "some heroes" as in Heroes[!] of Might & Magic. You only have to really focus on maintaining one army, and it feels more like a strategy/RPG than a strategy game that has RPG elements as a result (to me, anyway).

OTOH, the optimal strategy in HOMM is to have one beefy hero with high movement and a huge army.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Gynovore posted:

OTOH, the optimal strategy in HOMM is to have one beefy hero with high movement and a huge army.

By the way, if you like KB or HOMM with one beefy hero, check out Disciples 2 on GOG. It's got a simpler combat system, but otherwise it's a nice hybrid of both with original twists. A very underrated game.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Ryoshi posted:

Kingmaker was totally forgettable and may well still be available on sites with downloadable campaigns anyway.

For whoever's looking at playing NWN for the first time, here's my build recommendation for the lackluster original campaign:

Rogue/Ranger/Wizard. You're really only dipping ranger for the two-weapon fighting, ambidexterity and martial weapon proficiency so you can snag exotic weapon proficiency and dual-wield kukris. Similarly having any wizard levels at all opens up some side-quests that are "spellcaster only" but give no fucks how good (or not) you are at spellcasting. The OC also has a lovely built-in crafting subgame that's only for "spellcasters" regardless of ability. Otherwise, rogue is probably the single most broken class in 3.0/3.5 D&D *and* NWN extra-breaks it by making sneak attack damage multiply on a crit (it shouldn't) which means kukris are *THE* rogue weapon to have. Take the cleric as your henchman and pretty much all the bases are covered.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

So I read the wiki, but can anyone give me hints not on it for Legend of Mana and Breath of Fire 4?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

chairface posted:

Kingmaker was totally forgettable and may well still be available on sites with downloadable campaigns anyway.

For whoever's looking at playing NWN for the first time, here's my build recommendation for the lackluster original campaign:

Rogue/Ranger/Wizard. You're really only dipping ranger for the two-weapon fighting, ambidexterity and martial weapon proficiency so you can snag exotic weapon proficiency and dual-wield kukris. Similarly having any wizard levels at all opens up some side-quests that are "spellcaster only" but give no fucks how good (or not) you are at spellcasting. The OC also has a lovely built-in crafting subgame that's only for "spellcasters" regardless of ability. Otherwise, rogue is probably the single most broken class in 3.0/3.5 D&D *and* NWN extra-breaks it by making sneak attack damage multiply on a crit (it shouldn't) which means kukris are *THE* rogue weapon to have. Take the cleric as your henchman and pretty much all the bases are covered.

Doesn't the base campaign have a metric effton of crit immune enemies?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

PJOmega posted:

Doesn't the base campaign have a metric effton of crit immune enemies?

That's NWN2, with those no-good undeads disregarding all backstabs.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

In Dragon Age Inquisition, do mages still own bones like they did in the previous games? And if so, what's the best way to spec them to get the most damage out of them? Barrier seems like an essential skill to have on at least one party member, but outside of that I just want to have a party that can kill stuff as quickly as possible (as a warrior, I'm worrying about the tanking).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I bought Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition. Any tips, especially concerning the new character creation options?