Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
yeah i havent been paying attention to the thread sorry
im not gonna bother making a long post explaining why to look like im trying

ill post cases for the volcano group sometime around 3PM my time(gmt +1)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Ixt is a scum. Makes a bunch of definitive scum calls, has voted for nobody but himself.

Afraid of accidentally cuddling a scumbuddy?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Lmao, Asiina. I've made one definitive scum call and that's you.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also, your shitposting this game has been so uncasual. It's not at all casual shitposting. It's just there, kinda awkward. Not at all casual.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Ixtlilton posted:

My read specifically states how it's not ignoring that fact. Also, I finished the gateau and it was delicious, but maybe next month I'll go back there and get another slice and send it to you in the mail like a weirdo or something.

You'll have to walk me through it then because to me talking about whether he'd bus or not doesn't make sense. It probably wouldn't survive the trip but I appreciate the offer.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm trying to write fewer words and it's hard.

If I had to guess whether Ecco is scum or not, and I do, I would guess yeah. Part of that is merk backing the vote, part of that is that Ecco admitting he wasn't playing in good faith doesn't mean anything as to his alignment, and part of it is the emotionality he's using. For day one-point-five I think it's a fair lynch.

I think lynching Hipfire is productive but I have no idea whether or not he is scum. I would prefer to vote bowmore if we're going to push a lurker.

Ixtlilton posted:

Asiina is the cum (wo)man, I have foreseen. f_v is doing her town thing and so is Ecco. I can't read Somber very well since he just posts up a storm as any alignment but this seems more sincere than his scum posting. merk was right for the right reasons and scum merk would probably be less right for less right reasons maybe, merk's not a busser as far I can remember and casing properly is almost like bussing.

Peta is a guy, hi Peta. Bowmore is lazy as town but this is more like lazy scum bowmore as far as I can tell. Although he didn't insult me before voting me so that gives me pause there. I was about to read PM but then realized he's dead.

Pig, if I update the alive lists every day will you edit the OP by copy/pasting them?

In conclusion, the town are f_v, Ecco, merk, and Motley. The scum are probably Asiina, and maybe bowmore or Punti. The other people can wait.

This is a scum post though. ##vote Ixtlilton Ixtlilton mentions half a dozen folk but only gives one opinion that comes close to being useful. The reasoning is complete nonsense and pearl-clutching over merk bussing is, as I'm sure someone has pointed out, hilarious and awkward.

fv is "doing her town thing." What is her town thing? How is it different from her scum thing? I have a hard time reading fv's alignment so I'd like some insight.

What is Ecco's town thing? How is he doing it here?

When was the last time you played with me where I was scum, Ixt? I think it might be "never."

I dare you to explain what you said about bowmore in a way that makes any sense + gives meaning.

Ecco is fine but I'm sold on Ixt.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

Ixt is a scum. Makes a bunch of definitive scum calls, has voted for nobody but himself.

Afraid of accidentally cuddling a scumbuddy?

haha I didn't even notice that, amazing.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Anyway, merk's thing starts with theory that general mafia theory disagreement is both a poor way to case and scummy, but I don't think that's quite how it developed, it was more like Ecco thought it was malicious than anything else and Ernie was doing his 3p thing and playing like his post suggested.

Also Ecco said this and I think he's town and I'm lazy so I was like "Eh, that works".

EccoRaven posted:

I disagree. It started as disagreement over mafia principals, but when he kept pushing it I realized something was up. He wasn't going about the issue like a townie would. He wasn't indicating that he was thinking about it critically, he wasn't trying to actually argue against me, he was just putting the idea out there. I sensed that he was doing it because he had a malicious intent.

Sure, I wasn't 100% about it, but I was ultimately right. He was proposing something that if even a few townies followed would turn the game into a crapshoot. He was doing it because he was not town, and a crapshoot is much more survivable for an individual whose only interests are their own survival.

Nevermind that he almost certainly did part of it as well to make himself appear "scummy but not very scummy" to avoid being voted for a nightkill.

Puntification posted:

You'll have to walk me through it then because to me talking about whether he'd bus or not doesn't make sense. It probably wouldn't survive the trip but I appreciate the offer.

Sincere casing, especially when it's right for the right reasons, in this game is similar to bussing in other games and merk is not known for bussing.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Well at least I'm getting the vote off Ecco and Somberbrero can continue being wrong about me in more words than I'm going to read.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also, I ran a game with Ecco where you were scum and you were so insincere like holy poo poo.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

And that's all the details you guys are getting for today.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah actually I'm feeling stronger about this.

##vote Ixt

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

That's because you're either scum or terrible, and actually both now that I think about it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

Hey I'm here too. There are just a lot of people posting who are very much better at Mafia than I am, as well as the fact that this is the largest game I've been in yet and it's all a bit intimidating :shobon:

Ecco, I'm not sure how to feel about you, partially because I've never played with you before and thus have no meta whatsoever to go off of. Your D1 callout of Ernie's (imo flawed) "hey everybody let's act scummy" seemed pretty townie to me, but I don't know how to feel about the repeated volleys beetween you and Somber. It seems to me more like two townies going at each other to me than anything else, though.

Hurt's flip is really interesting to me. He came up as Military-Aligned, and while that may just be a third party group of which he was the only member, it could also mean that we're dealing with multiple scumteams.

also I forgot, but I kept this post open in another tab because Exakt is likely scum.

1) "I'm a newbie, what's mafia?" - I guess I could understand this, but Exakt is a good player despite being newer and I've never seen him lack confidence before.

2) Non-opinion on Ecco - Why even mention this other than to look like you're generating relevant content?

3) 3rd Party Distraction - Talking about Hurt's flip helps us in no real way today and just provides the illusion of contribution.

Ixtlilton posted:

Well at least I'm getting the vote off Ecco and Somberbrero can continue being wrong about me in more words than I'm going to read.

Why would you be more sure of Ecco's alignment than your own?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ixtlilton posted:

Also, I ran a game with Ecco where you were scum and you were so insincere like holy poo poo.

Oh hey, you knew my alignment whilst reading a game and it gave you insight into my play that game? What does that have to do with this game?

Also you barely read that game.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I still think Ecco is the best vote today. His case on Hiip is worse than all my cases which he has dismissed. He even says in his post that he's doing it to hold Hiip accountable. His own case makes it clear that he doesn't even think Hiip is scum.

He voted Hiip because he was the only other player with any posts. Ecco's content about Hiip reads like someone who just wants to lynch a player, not like someone who thinks he is scum

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

jfc, I'm done posting for the day, Somber, you're terrible at reading me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ixtlilton posted:

jfc, I'm done posting for the day, Somber, you're terrible at reading me.

Rather than addressing anything I posted to move the conversation forward or convince me I'm wrong, or making a case that's better than "[player] bad," you're pouting. Tell me how I should read that.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

That I'm stepping away rather than getting into a slap fight and your points are both terrible and make these huge weird assumptions in your logic and cause me to remember why I left mafia.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Are you so fragile that being called scum means you need to go take a walk?

If my argument is so terrible then just point out why it's terrible. Y'know, play mafia.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ixtlilton posted:

Bowmore is lazy as town but this is more like lazy scum bowmore as far as I can tell. Although he didn't insult me before voting me so that gives me pause there."

hmm yes, bowmore is lazy when he's town... but he's also lazy when he's scum, so I think he's scum, maybe, possibly. If he were scum he probably would have antagonized me though because.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Somber, what do you think of my case on Ecco?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Somber, what do you think of my case on Ecco?

It's a good case, Ecco is just confusing because he wasn't playing this game in good faith for a long time and it hosed with my read on him. I dunno, Ecco works for me today but Ixtlilton is definitely scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ixtlilton posted:

That's because you're either scum or terrible, and actually both now that I think about it.

no u

(Is this what we've resorted to now?)

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Ixtlilton posted:

Sincere casing, especially when it's right for the right reasons, in this game is similar to bussing in other games and merk is not known for bussing.

I feel like the major thing that affects the sincerity of scums cases is the foreknowledge of scum buddies' alignments, which isn't a problem here, he's also expressed how he'd play the game like a survivor making your point seem really odd. Also was he right for the right reasons when he called you scum D1?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

HiipFire posted:

yeah i havent been paying attention to the thread sorry
im not gonna bother making a long post explaining why to look like im trying

ill post cases for the volcano group sometime around 3PM my time(gmt +1)

Fine ##unvote

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

^the sincere casing thing just seems like a gambit by Ixt to cast doubt. "wow someone was right about scum, guess we should lynch them!"

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Dugong posted:

^the sincere casing thing just seems like a gambit by Ixt to cast doubt. "wow someone was right about scum, guess we should lynch them!"

I don't understand what you're saying here, mostly because we haven't lynched scum.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I mean for future lynches. By saying that sincere cases is bussing it just discredits any actual cases/lynches that we may get.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The more Dugong posts the more I'm wondering if my read is off, we seem to have different approaches to playing and that might be confusing me. Doesn't especially matter since there's a number of people I'd rather vote right now.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Dugong posted:

I mean for future lynches. By saying that sincere cases is bussing it just discredits any actual cases/lynches that we may get.

Oh I get it. Yeah that's a kind of damned of you do, damned if you don't train of thought.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

I'm just gonna make this easy vote since I almost certainly won't be around for the deadline and I don't know how active I can be before then ##vote bowmore

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I will legit post from tomorrow onwards, I've just been oddly busy

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Sincere casing from scum would be bussing, not from town. This was all in the context of people saying merk was scum and in the hypothetical merk was scum his actions would be akin to bussing, not that all sincere casing is bussing, I don't even know how you didn't get this from reading through it, like what.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also, Somber's terrible at reading me, this is a historical fact. Like, he quotes my post going back and forth on bowmore like that's a scummy thing from me. He really doesn't know my meta at all.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also, he's a dumb butt who doesn't understand that there are different kinds of lazy and that obviously if I said that bowmore not insulting me was towny for him then I think him doing so would be a scummy behavior.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

And I addressed Asiina's only point which was clearly BS and not even scummy for me if it was true and then she just said she felt more strongly about me. Yeah, she's scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ixtlilton posted:

Also, Somber's terrible at reading me, this is a historical fact. Like, he quotes my post going back and forth on bowmore like that's a scummy thing from me. He really doesn't know my meta at all.

Why would I care about your meta here? I've played two games with you, one where I though you were scum for a day until I realized you were town, and one where you seemed like scum and you were. Who gives a poo poo?

Yeah, it is scummy to fake content like you did with Bowmore.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

How was giving my thoughts faking content? Also, I remember you being wrong about me twice, if I was scum I was probably totally checked out because that's what I do as scum, so you really don't get credit there either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also, I'm clearly not going to convince you without slapfighting for like 4 pages like our first game together and I quite simply don't care enough to prioritize this game that highly so I'm not sure why I'm bothering.

• Locked thread