Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

MourningView posted:

They have terrible players everywhere so drafting nothing but centers isn't really ideal. And maybe they really like Mudiay, who is currently destroying china, whatever the gently caress that is supposed to mean.

It means he's at least as good as a bajillion years old crazy Starbury and/or Yi Jianlian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah thank you MV and Declan.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Cons: Dominican, and therefore not trustworthy.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

straight up brolic posted:

he's been competing AGAINST Team USA since he was 16, it's kinda hosed up and sinister

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Declan MacManus posted:

already has more post moves than half the centers starting in the NBA

The number is a lot higher than that.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

^^I try not to oversell

straight up brolic posted:

gently caress Washington Heights yo

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Declan MacManus posted:

gently caress Washington Heights yo
its my favorite post in months

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I kinda want Sixers to draft Mario so I could a starting five of

MCW
Mario
Saric
Noel
Embiid

At least once. It would probably be terrible, but hey, kiss all the ROY's.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

DOOP posted:

MCW
Mario
Saric
Noel
Embiid

The "this lineup will be so good in four years" lineup. But hey that poo poo worked for OKC so there are definitely worse plans, it's just that you, you know, need people to actually play at some point.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Declan MacManus posted:

The "this lineup will be so good in four years" lineup. But hey that poo poo worked for OKC so there are definitely worse plans, it's just that you, you know, need people to actually play at some point.

What do you mean Tony Wroten heroball isn't an effective strategy for winning games?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
As long as one of them turns into one of the two best basketball players on earth it's a fool-proof plan.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

MourningView posted:

As long as one of them turns into one of the two best basketball players on earth it's a fool-proof plan.

I don't expect them to have the next Russell Westbrook on their hands but you never know.

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011
There's no way MCW isn't traded before that for a first round pick and a player with a terrible contract for the Sixers to waive.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
After that game, I'd very much say the Willie Cauley-Stein dream isn't dead. Considering how monotonous the stat lines were for that team, he still managed to stand out with some really nice jump hooks and advantage-takes of the defense.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He's always shown flashes, but by the time you get to year 3 you need to do a hell of a lot more than just look occasionally competent to be considered a major prospect. I think he can go somewhere in the back half of the first, but that's about it. The offense is never going to be there.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

declan add the blurbs into the second post. People love blurbs.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

DOOP posted:

MCW
Mario
Saric
Noel
Embiid

I think they are going to get #1 and trade down for Mario. tThat seems the most likely result.

The shortest player in that lineup is 6'6" haha.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Predicting trade downs at this point is kind of wonky. I can't remember the last team to actually trade down from a very high pick (maybe the Clippers in 04?) and we don't know what teams will be where, how the rankings will change by then and who the Sixers will like by the time of the draft. And of course, the odds are against the Sixers getting the #1 pick.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
The worst team only has a 25% of the 1st pick, so 76ers probably need to consider lots of options.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

euphronius posted:

declan add the blurbs into the second post. People love blurbs.

That's what the second post is there for. I used to do them five at a time but now I think I'll do them like three at a time since it takes half the time (something about doing five at once makes me sloppy and disorganized) and also because I'm tired on my days off and it's all I can do to get caught up on college games, highlights, and various DX stuff that I cobble together into an "opinion".

E: As far as the Sixers go, I'd rather have Okafor than Embiid or Noel so I could see the Sixers moving one of them for a vet and a pick

Declan MacManus fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Nov 19, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

The worst team only has a 25% of the 1st pick, so 76ers probably need to consider lots of options.

they can only fall to fourth so technically they only need to consider four options.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I think you could probably play all 3 in a rotation if they all end up good. More than likely, if they got Okafor next year, by the end of next year one of them won't look like they are worth putting much effort into. Seriously, 3 rookie bigs means you're lucky if you get more than 1 starter-quality dude.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MV is right though that okafor playing 4 on d is not likely.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Noel is conceivably quick enough to step out on the perimeter against stretch fours, and it's impossible to say where Embiid will be in a year's time (but if he's recovered fully than he should be able to do the same). It will be a bad defensive team for a while though

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
As a Raptors fan, I can tell you there have been a few years where drafting somebody as good James Posey would have been mighty nice.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Nov 20, 2014

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Noel is already guarding threes well. He's pretty fast.

To my untrained eye of course.

On switches of course.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I think Noel would be fine, but Okafor would be really bad defensively at the four and I'm not sure Embiid could do it either. Noel/Okafor would mess with the spacing on offense too, particularly since Philly hasn't shown much interest in adding players who can actually make jump shots around them.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Declan MacManus posted:

As far as the Sixers go, I'd rather have Okafor than Embiid

Disagree.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

kiimo posted:

Disagree.

oh you do huh go loving figure

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'd take Okafor over any other KU player in the Bill Self era in case you think my homerism is getting the best of me. Embiid is special.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
this is the same okafor you were calling lovely like a month ago right

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It was in July and I wouldn't say I called him lovely.

I just said that I thought Mudiay could be the top pick and that some mocks had reservations about him being the consensus #1. Due to his height or athleticism. I don't totally remember. But you do have a solid take on players way before the rest of us see them in action which is one of the many reason why you're mod.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

kiimo posted:

It was in July and I wouldn't say I called him lovely.

I just said that I thought Mudiay could be the top pick and that some mocks had reservations about him being the consensus #1. Due to his height or athleticism. I don't totally remember. But you do have a solid take on players way before the rest of us see them in action which is one of the many reason why you're mod.

I will say that everything I have seen on draft express says that Mudiay is playing really, really well in China. He is averaging 20, 6, and 6 on 49% FG and 36% 3PT

Then again, Yi Jilian is averaging 25 and 10 on the same team

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
How good is the competition though?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

quote:

49% FG and 36% 3PT

That does not seem really good for China.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Kidd-Liggit posted:

How good is the competition though?

According to RealGm, these are the CBA league leaders in PPG:

code:
1	Errick McCollum		44.38
2	Dominique Jones		35.62
3	Quincy Douby		34.71
4	Lester Hudson		30.29
5	Michael Beasley		29.88
6	Jordan Crawford		29.4
7	Von Wafer		29.29
8	Al Harrington		29.14
9	Bobby Brown		28.43
10	Randolph Morris		27.86
11	Jamaal Franklin		27.71
12	Andray Blatche		27.25
13	Will McDonald		26.86
14	Mike Harris		26.83
15	Toney Douglas		26.62
16	Justin Dentmon		26.43
17	Willie Warren		26.29
18	Pooh Jeter		26
19	Charles Gaines		25.4
20	Jianlian Yi		25.33
21	Mike Efevberha		24.43
22	Josh Akognon		24.43
23	Brandon Costner		24.4
24	Metta World Peace	23.29
25	Zhelin Wang		22.43
26	Chris Singleton		21.5
27	Shelden Williams	21.5
28	Michel Madanly		21.33
29	Mahdi Kamrany		20.86
30	Fadi El Khatib		20.5
31	Emmanuel Mudiay		20.14
Also, I think we need to start watching the CBA, look at those loving stats

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Was not prepared to see Randolph Morris on that list.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"
I know nothing about the Chinese league, but here are some other players' stats for comparison:
Marbury - 14 pts, 4.1 rb, 4.5 ast, 53% FG, 32% 3PT
Akognon - 24 pts, 3.6 rb, 2.6 ast, 53% FG, 37% 3PT
Crawford - 29 pts, 3.8 rb, 3.4 ast, 46% FG, 37% 3PT

Mudiay's statline seems decent considering his age.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dang, Beasley found his niche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How easy is marijuana to get in China.

• Locked thread