Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Ecco

tell me who is scum ecco

i trust you

Turning up at the last minute to avoid a mod kill is bs. At least post some actual opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

if i get killed i get killed

replacements are not forthcoming so i will be a vote to whoever is most persuasive

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

gently caress it ##vote Mad Rancher

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Well im getting drunk within the hour.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Dugong posted:

Well im getting drunk within the hour.

Make sure you vote first ok?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hello I am in this game. I think the people who have called me scummy but have not voted for me are scum.

Like 3 different people have put me at the top of their scum list but I have yet to receive a single vote.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Asiina posted:

Hello I am in this game. I think the people who have called me scummy but have not voted for me are scum.

Like 3 different people have put me at the top of their scum list but I have yet to receive a single vote.

All of them?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
MORE CASES AND poo poo

Asiina

Asiina posted:

Ixt is a scum. Makes a bunch of definitive scum calls, has voted for nobody but himself.

Afraid of accidentally cuddling a scumbuddy?
I'm not gonna lie, but this is post is pretty scummy to me.
I can't see why scumhunting but not voting is a scumtell.

Also she's done barely anything to actually help town outside of telling people that Ecco is shutting down conversation even though Ecco was atleast posting and contributing.

Scummiest out of all the volano-goers tbh

SOS

seems to have done little to nothing outside of calling me and someone else out on talking about hunches and not outing those hunches

Dugong

He called people out for setup speculation and nothing else really.

Opop

My only definite townread, seems to actually scumhunt and he doesn't seem to be cutting corners or anything.

Ecco

My god this motherfucker has alot of posts
I'm not gonna read through 4 pages of posts, so I'm just gonna say I gut-read him as town

SO YEAH IM GOING TO ##vote Asiina

if you want any of these cases to be longer than one/two sentences just ask me thanks!!!!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Asiina posted:

Who are they?
Are you voting for one of them?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

My confidence in the Hiip vote is lessened by the others voting

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Yo Hiip, it might be a good idea if you expand on the case of the person you are voting, just a thought.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
well if you need extra reasons

She hops on the Ixt bandwagon

Asiina posted:

##vote Ixt

I will check in periodically before deadline, but I doubt it'll matter.

I still think Ecco is scum though.

After the lynch fails Ixt says this

Ixtlilton posted:

The scum are probably Asiina, and maybe bowmore or Punti. The other people can wait.

And with only that to go off of she says this to try to restart the bandwagon

Asiina posted:

Yeah actually I'm feeling stronger about this.

##vote Ixt

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Who are they?
Are you voting for one of them?

One was Ixt, so yes.

The others I saw are Monathin and Ecco.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

HiipFire posted:

well if you need extra reasons

She hops on the Ixt bandwagon

Quote 1) I was putting a vote on someone at deadline on D1. Sometimes you just gotta try to avoid a no lynch. Notice the other votes surrounding it.

Quote 2) That's not the only thing I was going off of, please read more carefully.

Asiina posted:

Ixt is a scum. Makes a bunch of definitive scum calls, has voted for nobody but himself.

Afraid of accidentally cuddling a scumbuddy?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
well I don't think that's a good reason and I had already mentioned it so I didn't include it in the 2nd post

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dugong posted:

##vote Dugong

I did this yesterday, and I'll do it again today: :h:I am more confident than I've been in months in a day 2 case that Dugong is scum.:h: This post is the only one you need to read.

Dugong is playing like a Survivor. He picked out one person to case and has lightly gone after that person over the last couple of days. He isn't making any attempt to actually persuade anyone to do anything.

Dugong posted:

So scum don't know each other. What do we think is the advantage for them to balance this out?

I'm not sure it would be more vanilla mafia than normal as the gimmick would then become SKs who have to share a kill.

I'm thinking stronger powers for the mafia instead. This has the additional problem of town powers being devalued by role blockers, drivers etc. It could just be they get more shots of their powers.

The randomly selected night is interesting. Combined with not knowing each other it opens up the possibility of scum killing their own members.

Pointless discussion of the setup.

Dugong posted:

I think Meinberg should have waited longer to use the vig but the discussion would have still been how much Met would ruin the game if he was still alive.

Pointless comment.

Dugong posted:

Nah I disagree with Ernie. Each player has different views of what is and isn't scummy. By saying that everyone should act scummy it just makes the later days harder as anyone can use the defence of "oh I was told to act scummy".

The probability is that a scum won't get killed by their own at night but they won't all vote for the same target anyway. Acting scummy is not the right way to go.

Pointless general mafia disagreement.

Dugong posted:

No. If the result had been 7 sabotage, we would have known that all 7 people were 3p or scum because town has no notice to vote sabotage. With a result like this, scum could have been trying to blend because they expected someone to say what you just said. They have a motive to vote support.

Actually your post is weird. On d1 you rightly had a go at me for the blind mafia discussion but you are doing a similar thing here. The benefit of supporting is unknown.

Dugong posted:

Nope, you're making assumptions. 3p may have motivation to not support. Ignoring the majority of the players in this game isn't smart.

What if people didn't volunteer just so they could pull this tactic today?

Pointless argument over a pointless stupid pointless thing with the volcano stupidity.

Here's his reads in the thread so far:

Dugong posted:

What are your secret hunches then? My top choice to lynch is still Hiip but Meinberg has used his vig and disappeared.

That's where he is. He thinks Hiip is scum but maybe Meinberg with that vig you guys I don't know. Come the gently caress on.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dugong posted:

Oh, this post is scummy because he's waving a hand over other content as scummy but not analyzing any of it. He's trying to make it look like he's figuring out alignment when in reality he's just trying to say small nothings to go unnoticed.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
:bandwagon: ##vote Dugong :bandwagon:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

This is really happening while I'm pissed

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I dunno merk I think you playing like I survivor. If any other player pulled that would you vote somb?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

##vote JJ

Goodnight

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Merk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
hi

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
##vote jj

getting dinner then going to a play, haven't had a chance to read many of the posts today, sorry not sorry will respond later, toodles~

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I'm down for Dugong or Asiina. I'm going to take a nap now, but I'll be back.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also, what play?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

is ecco scum

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Still not sure on JJ, but Asiina I've got a good feeling about.

Ffffuck it

##vote Asiina

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Right I'm gonna go to bed but I've not been swayed by Hiip's cases/reads:

HiipFire posted:

quote:

There are like a dozen posts by Ixt between the posts hiip quotes in their asiina case, so the point doesn't seem genuine to me.

HiipFire posted:

MORE CASES AND poo poo
These also feel pretty fake to me, asiina is the most scummy but hiip can't be bothered to read ecco's posts because there are too many so hiip's saying they have a gut-read of town on him based on not reading?

Dugong hasn't called people out on setup speculation and nothing else - not only has he also speculated about setup but he also cased Hiip, so it's wrong on both counts.

Opop is a definite town read and actual scum hunter who doesn't cut corners:

Opopanax posted:

What a bunch of busy little bees. Did anything actually relevant happen?
Doesn't cut corners... right.

Opopanax posted:

I remembered him doing it earlier too but maybe I was thinking of someone else. Still going to go with my gut
Confuses me with ernie and then doesn't cop to his gently caress-up and double-downs, this is the non-corner cutting definitely town scumhunter?

These seem like half-arsed efforts at looking like hiip is actually trying but they strike me as pretty insincere and they're voting for someone who's had 4 other players already voicing suspicion on her (ixt, ecco, monathin and Fv) feels like they've gone for a pretty easy target as they feel under pressure themselves. ##vote hiipfire

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Probably.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote ecco

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
##vote JJ

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
JJ is fine for today, but I'm surprised by how many votes he's getting. Hipfire reads like a crazy person, Dugong and Ecco have a fair amount of content and merk is calling them both scum, Ixt had a meltdown when he got to two votes.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##vote asiina

When I asked her to explain her vote on Ecco she used my reasoning, that happened after her vote. So despite being asked she still couldn't actually give a reason of her own for why she voted.

Asiina posted:

People who are scum: Ecco. Ecco's scumbuddies.

Real talk though, you've said it yourself f_v in that despite the :words: he's just shutting down conversation and turning it into mafia dadding and meta chat.

Also her initial vote was a total drive-by. What does the see you D3 comment mean? That she thought Ecco was going to be an easy lynch and didn't have to put any effort in?

Asiina posted:

##vote Ecco

See you Day 3.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Puntification posted:

These also feel pretty fake to me, asiina is the most scummy but hiip can't be bothered to read ecco's posts because there are too many so hiip's saying they have a gut-read of town on him based on not reading?
as in I'm not re-reading his posts.

also when talking about cutting corners im talking about not cutting corners when actually casing

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

There's absolutely no way you genuinely think I was responding to the votes there, Somberbrero. Not to mention there were 4.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Ixtlilton posted:

Also, what play?

Community theater. It's a treat.

##vote asiina

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Vote the guy I'm voting. Come on.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote jj
Would switch to ixt
Also sorry about my posting, I moved departments and I'm training Monday-Friday 9-5 with no forums access and it suuucckkksss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Ixt remains super scum. He still has yet to vote a single time and he basically scum claimed, but self-preservation and all that.

##vote JJ

• Locked thread