Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Psion posted:

if the stats I'm seeing are right (no promises, it's a GTA wiki) the Special Carbine hits harder, fires slightly faster, has better accuracy, and equal range to the Advanced Rifle.

I was talking about in game repeated testing. There was a long thread on the GTA forums about it debunking the special carbine. In practical use they may as well be the same though. The difference in actual time to kill is very small. Who knows if that is still true on current gen versions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I just use the Special Carbine because that wonderful BUDDABUDDABUDDA it makes when it pops off.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Psion posted:

There's a lot of stat-identical or stat-similar guns, but these are what I consider the best:

• Pistols: AP pistol is the best. Heavy pistol is probably the best semi-auto.
  • SMGs: Sweeper is the best, Combat SMG as a backup. Get the Micro regardless for drive-by purposes, sometimes it's useful over the AP pistol.
  • Shotguns: Assault Shotgun, but buy the sawed-off too since you can use it from a motorcycle
  • ARs: Special Carbine or Bullpup rifle (they appear to be stat-identical) - special note to the regular Carbine Rifle, which does less damage per shot but is more accurate than either.
  • MGs: Combat MG
  • Snipers: Heavy Sniper
  • heavy weapon: whatever
  • thrown: stickies :v:

Hey thanks this is like exactly what I'm looking for.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

BitBasher posted:

I was talking about in game repeated testing. There was a long thread on the GTA forums about it debunking the special carbine. In practical use they may as well be the same though. The difference in actual time to kill is very small. Who knows if that is still true on current gen versions.

if you can point me at said testing I'd like to read it. As far as my personal experience goes, the only AR not worth your time whatsoever is the AK. Everything else is an upgrade over that thing.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Rockstar is officially aware of the connectivity issues and will be patching it tomorrow:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246

Seems to be current-gen only.

EL Bombastico
Oct 13, 2004

* power up
Goddamn it Rockstar, for Handle With Care, why do you have to still bring BOTH loving boats to the drop point when you're the only one left? :argh:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

Rockstar is officially aware of the connectivity issues and will be patching it tomorrow:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246

Seems to be current-gen only.

I lost all my weapons in SP as well. Apparently others have too.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Im still mad that they didn't give us Scuba Gear in online. I want to explore under the ocean with peeps :(

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

blackguy32 posted:

Im still mad that they didn't give us Scuba Gear in online. I want to explore under the ocean with peeps :(

This seems like something they could add. I hope they do!

[Edit] and maybe buried treasure or valuables in wrecks to search out?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

geeves posted:

I lost all my weapons in SP as well. Apparently others have too.

I did as well - pretty sure they were there last night too.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
If you're on PS4 and in LLJK, once the online works again, look for my mission "Hella Copter Race 1" if you need some practice with the helicopters. It's the way I fly around in lobbies for fun, if the game had let me I would have had the markers so low that you would have been forced to go below bridges and underpasses making it even more fun, right now it's very very picky. Trying to figure out a Midnight Club route to make for cars now.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Policenaut posted:

I just use the Special Carbine because that wonderful BUDDABUDDABUDDA it makes when it pops off.
It also seems a lot faster at taking down helicopters. Maybe the armor penetration is better?

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Online is broken more than ever before for me. I just tried while watching that new sin city movie. :(

I'll try some more.

Snaggletooth
Mar 15, 2002
The additional Gilles Peterson selections on Worldwide FM are pretty sweet.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Scyron posted:

Online is broken more than ever before for me. I just tried while watching that new sin city movie. :(

I'll try some more.

I think online is basically just down right now. I time out within a few seconds of even trying to enter a session.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Amazing! as I typed that, I closed out of GTA and reopened it, and tried going straight into online and it worked. In a lobby of 16 random pubs for once.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

I keep losing connection due to network error. I can get on and get in a server but it will randomly drop. 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 2 seconds, there's no telling.

I can't get the Sultan to spawn at the prison, is this still where you find it?

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Schroeder91 posted:

I keep losing connection due to network error. I can get on and get in a server but it will randomly drop. 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 2 seconds, there's no telling.

I've found a lot just downtown. More towards the strip club, ammunation, car wash, convenience store location just west of the rooftop rumble garage.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

For anyone who preordered from the UK PSN store, seems they have finally handed out the Online bonus cash. I just logged into a private session, got a notification about using an ATM to get money, and when I checked I was $800,000 up from when I last logged in.

It's only US PSN users who have to claim it from the store.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
This is the part of the night where I am THOROUGHLY confused.

Course of events:

1) Someone mentions their stuttering on PS4 got a little better after a Database rebuild. I do that.
2) I notice that GTAV is no longer in my most recent played bar of games on the dashboard of PS4.
3) I find it in my Library and boot it. It has to reinstall the patch I have had installed prior to my database rebuild.
5) Now it crashes every time I load the game, while still in the pregame loading screens.
6) I delete the game and redownload it
7) Several hours pass. The download and update claim to be finished.
8) (Where I'm at now) I launch the game and get the splash screens with a warning about making sure my system isn't set to auto power off in anything less than an hour. Bottom corner says "installing 11%" and is going super slow.

I don't recall this happening when I first played the game a few days ago.

[edit] Unless this was somehow all handled by the preload where it did this lengthy install before I ever launched it??

[edit2] Oh you know what, my bad, in Application Data Management it definitely isn't fully downloaded, despite what it tells me. Whoops.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

So this poo poo is hosed up on PS4 right? Loading takes like 2 minutes every time and I'm always alone in the lobbies.

en1125
Jul 3, 2006
I have a very specific goal...and that is to have no goals.

Schroeder91 posted:

I see these often up in the northwest corner of the state near the LSC where the semis usually spawn. Also just down the road from that where the purchasable properties are.

Another decent spot to find them is at the chemical plant on the north east coast and on the road leading to it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

a cop posted:

So this poo poo is hosed up on PS4 right? Loading takes like 2 minutes every time and I'm always alone in the lobbies.

Yes. Supposedly fixed in a patch tomorrow.

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.
Patch just went out on PS4. Seems to fix the online connectivity issues. Still can't match make for poo poo though.

Crash Fistfight
Mar 29, 2007

First now I understood the true complexity of women.
I've been playing with a reliable connection for the last hour and a half.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Jon93 posted:

Patch just went out on PS4. Seems to fix the online connectivity issues. Still can't match make for poo poo though.

So you get online ok now, you just can't find friend or crew servers?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I haven't downloaded any patches for PS4 :shrug:

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.

Feenix posted:

So you get online ok now, you just can't find friend or crew servers?

It's more finding populated jobs being near impossible.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Installed the patch, have yet to get online w/ PS4 :saddowns:

Itchy Tony Manero
Mar 29, 2010

From the old thread:

BitBasher posted:

The way you get it is completely not apparent nor explained at all, what platform are you on?

geeves posted:

I covered this in the new thread. Goto the PS4 store while in the game and you'll see the download packs with your cash.

I'm on PS4. The thing is, nothing was showing up under the PlayStation Store tab, apart from the six Shark Cards (looks like shmee described the same issue above) so I opened a ticket with Rockstar support. Looks like it got fixed though, the ticket says something was done about an hour ago and I now have an extra $800K in the bank. :woop:

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

geeves posted:

Other cars you can sell every 48 minutes at LSC:
  • Lampadati Felon GT - $9500
  • Gallivanter Baller - $9000
  • Lampadati Felon - $9000
  • Ocelot F620 - $8000
  • Ubermacht Oracle - $8000
  • Ubermacht Sentinel XS - $8000
  • Benefactor Schwartzer - $8000
  • Albany Cavalcade - $7000
  • Benefactor Dubsta - $7000
  • Ubermacht Zion Cabria - $6500
  • Ocelot Jackal - $6000
  • Landstalker - $5800
  • Mammoth Patriot - $5000
  • Dundreary Landstalker - $5000
  • Mammoth Patriot - $5000
  • Fantom FG - $5000
  • Monster Truck - $4500
  • Cheval Surge - $3800
  • Schyster Fusillade - $3600
  • Dundrey Granger - $3500
  • Vapid Dominator - $3500
  • Bravado Buffalo - $3500
  • Vapid Radius - $3200
  • Bravado Gauntlet - $3100
  • Canis Seminole - $3000
  • Declasse Tornado - $3000
  • Bravado Gresley - $2900
  • Karin Asterope - $2500
  • Western Daemon - $2500
  • Maibatsu Penumbra - $2400
  • Imponte Phoenix - $2000
  • Weeny Issi - $1800
  • Albany Washington - $1500
  • Sabre Turbo - $1500
  • Zirconium Stratum - $1000
  • Albany Emperor - $800
  • Cheval Picador - $500
  • Sanchez - $200

I should point out that the sentinel convertible sells for 9.5k, and there are also gang variants of the Peyote, ragtop Tornado and Buccaneer which sell for 12,940 , 12,575 and 9,750 respectively

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Are you guys sure that patch is for the connection issues? In the notes it says it's for "online stability" but nothing about connection issues.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
How do I rank up/get money fast? I wasn't around to glitch :negative:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Are you guys sure that patch is for the connection issues? In the notes it says it's for "online stability" but nothing about connection issues.

That's what online stability is stabilizing. Saying its for connection issues might make it look like they hosed something up (they did).

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I managed to get online quickly at first try, I say it's a fuckup.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Where are you folks seeing this patch? It's 7:20 am PST and I'm still on 1.03 .

[edit] I'm on PS4.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
I think that is the only patch right now. I was playing for a few hours flawlessly last night in 20 - 25 person lobbies. This morning I'm trying to drive around in a solo lobby to get a Sultan and I can't stay connected for more than 5 minutes so who knows.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

rally posted:

I think that is the only patch right now. I was playing for a few hours flawlessly last night in 20 - 25 person lobbies. This morning I'm trying to drive around in a solo lobby to get a Sultan and I can't stay connected for more than 5 minutes so who knows.

Yes but I think patch 1.03 has been out for several days so who knows. However, I tried logging on just now and got in first try to populated server. I didn't stick around very long though so I don't know if it would've stayed online. But it may just be that at 7 in the morning and the servers are less burdened.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

GlitterBob posted:

From the old thread:

I'm on PS4. The thing is, nothing was showing up under the PlayStation Store tab, apart from the six Shark Cards (looks like shmee described the same issue above) so I opened a ticket with Rockstar support. Looks like it got fixed though, the ticket says something was done about an hour ago and I now have an extra $800K in the bank. :woop:

I read late last night that EU had a completely different way of distributing cash.

Sapient Afro posted:

I should point out that the sentinel convertible sells for 9.5k, and there are also gang variants of the Peyote, ragtop Tornado and Buccaneer which sell for 12,940 , 12,575 and 9,750 respectively

Added, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Feenix posted:

Yes but I think patch 1.03 has been out for several days so who knows. However, I tried logging on just now and got in first try to populated server. I didn't stick around very long though so I don't know if it would've stayed online. But it may just be that at 7 in the morning and the servers are less burdened.

I am pretty sure 1.03 is the patch that came out yesterday to address "online stability".

• Locked thread