Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There are screenshots of Inaba's posts in the attachements on that document. I wonder if any harm can come to josh for failing to admit to that alias.

I'm still saddened to see no mention of jeff ownby's purchase and operation of bitcoinx.com, which had the bunk profit calculator with BFL unit's numbers plugged into it mentioned in the recent documents.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Nov 22, 2014

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Powershift posted:

There are screenshots of Inaba's posts in the attachements on that document. I wonder if any harm can come to josh for failing to admit to that alias.

I'm still saddened to see no mention of jeff ownby's purchase and operation of bitcoinx.com, which had the bunk profit calculator with BFL unit's numbers plugged into it mentioned in the recent documents.

someone had to have mentioned it, didnt one of the bfl people in their answer say that no it totally wasnt misleading, that's retarded, come on guys

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Powershift posted:

the full buttcoinfoundation article about how the sale went down is in the document, and includes the weusecoins buyout so i imagine they'll get those details as well soon

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Yeah, but evidence was quietly deleted off of bitcoinx.com after the FTC stepped in, but is still accessible on archive.org.

http://web.archive.org/web/20140625140321/http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/

It supports the FTC's claim that BFL was misrepresenting the profitability of the product and deleting evidence more than it does that they were undermining journalistic integrity.

The weusecoins situation proves they're scumbags. The bitcoinx situation proves they're criminals.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

:neckbeard:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Powershift posted:

The buttcoin logo is in a court document!

:woop::woop::bubblewoop::bubblewoop::woop::woop:

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
this is making me deeply uncomfortable. there's still a part of me that thinks it's the 90's with its clear delineation between stupid internet poo poo and the real world and this is like watching a dimensional portal open up and disgorge millions of mentally deficient goblins into the street

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
did obama say buttcoin yet

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

CraigK posted:

did obama say buttcoin yet

patience

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

gently caress obama, I wanna hear Biden say buttcoin

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
We placed an order for a 28nm bitcoin miner on January 27th of 2014. While the website would not offer a specific delivery date, it stated that orders were being shipped within one month of purchase. After several months waiting for the arival of our order we requested a refund. We were told that we were not eligible to recieve a refund until six months had passed. After six months we requested a refund. We were told that our refund was being processed but would take 30-45 days for us to receive it. Over eight months had elapsed from the time of our purchase when we were finally, or so we thought, going to get our money back. This was the same week that the FTC suspended Butterfly Labs from conducting business. As such, we are still out our $2234 as well as all of the expected profits from use of the machine. In addition, we have lost money in interest on the money borrowed to make up for the principal and projected revenue.

While we are thrilled that you have shutdown these unethical crooks, we were just days away from some compensation when you did. How do we go about getting our money back now? Please help us.

:allears:

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

killhamster posted:

i feel like this should be the setting for a video game about zombies and viruses

haveblue posted:

THE TYPING HOUSE

OF

THE DICKQUACK

i could probably take this joke farther but that would be overkill

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

mentions of buttcoin can only go up uP UP

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Bananalogue posted:

We placed an order for a 28nm bitcoin miner on January 27th of 2014. While the website would not offer a specific delivery date, it stated that orders were being shipped within one month of purchase. After several months waiting for the arival of our order we requested a refund. We were told that we were not eligible to recieve a refund until six months had passed. After six months we requested a refund. We were told that our refund was being processed but would take 30-45 days for us to receive it. Over eight months had elapsed from the time of our purchase when we were finally, or so we thought, going to get our money back. This was the same week that the FTC suspended Butterfly Labs from conducting business. As such, we are still out our $2234 as well as all of the expected profits from use of the machine. In addition, we have lost money in interest on the money borrowed to make up for the principal and projected revenue.

While we are thrilled that you have shutdown these unethical crooks, we were just days away from some compensation when you did. How do we go about getting our money back now? Please help us.

:allears:

God drat it how can so many of these bitcoiners be this loving gullible

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

i fell for something similar a while back but i'd like to think if they'd been shut down while i was waiting i wouldn't have gone "but i was SO CLOSE!!"

i think it's not just that they're somewhat trusting bfl but that they are actively distrusting the government

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Heresiarch posted:

this is making me deeply uncomfortable. there's still a part of me that thinks it's the 90's with its clear delineation between stupid internet poo poo and the real world and this is like watching a dimensional portal open up and disgorge millions of mentally deficient goblins into the street

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

infernal machines posted:

if he wants to participate in the market, well then, it's pay to play
the same could be said of fiat taxes :ironicat:

ponzioptions
Nov 10, 2006

provide faster nudity
Lipstick Apathy
oh man that bitcoin mansion guy. i remember when he was only a silver lunatic he offered a 16 year old girl with a partnership in the silver business. the girl would not get salary but would be compensated after performing undisclosed jobs. silver business was a club and the girl would "make sure the club is clean and that partners would feel comfortable there". it all ended when the girl's parents sought out an restraining order for him and one of his partners in this business. i'm guessing nobody is surprised.

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

what exactly is the trollbox

are trollboxes even real?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Heresiarch posted:

You should be excited. Justice Scalia might say butts on cspan

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

ponzioptions posted:

oh man that bitcoin mansion guy. i remember when he was only a silver lunatic he offered a 16 year old girl with a partnership in the silver business. the girl would not get salary but would be compensated after performing undisclosed jobs. silver business was a club and the girl would "make sure the club is clean and that partners would feel comfortable there". it all ended when the girl's parents sought out an restraining order for him and one of his partners in this business. i'm guessing nobody is surprised.

Oh god someoen please give me a link

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Heresiarch posted:

same but I'm afraid that ship sailed a long long time ago

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
its impressive that even at the very beginning of bitcoin the community was overrun by on-the-make pedophiles

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

Heresiarch posted:

sounds like a great idea for a doctor who episode

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

theflyingorc posted:

Taxation is...unconstitutional?

I get certain TYPES being unconstitutional (or at least debatable), and I get them think it's immoral (even if that's stupid), but how do you argue that the constitution doesn't support taxes?

isn't bitcoin supposed to be a nationless currency that would be as concerned with the us constitution as a somali pirate ship? are libertarians still arguing that somalis and pirates are the ideal societal model?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

libertarians have no coherent worldview beyond WAH WAH MY MONEY!

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Powershift posted:

There are screenshots of Inaba's posts in the attachements on that document.

YES YES YES

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

http://www.buttcoinfoundation.org/the-time-blake-benthall-emailed-me

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

Down In The Pit... There's It!
e: Am dumb, disregard

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

CellarDweller posted:

e: Am dumb, disregard

Every reddit post

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

FMguru posted:

its impressive that even at the very beginning of bitcoin the community was overrun by on-the-make pedophiles

the only reason bitcoin rose to prominence was the flood of pedos and online drug people desperately seeking a replacement for e-gold after it got shutdown by the Feds in 2009

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

A GUY DID A THING

this is not worth a buttcoin post. Now, the mention of buttcoin in court documents...

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
question: why does "true and correct" appear so many times in these court documents

does it have some special legal meaning beyond the obvious

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

haveblue posted:

question: why does "true and correct" appear so many times in these court documents

for some reason legal documents tend to be kinda repetitive: 'cease and desist', 'terms and conditions', 'true and correct', 'breaking and entering', etc.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

haveblue posted:

It means you're saying it's a genuine copy that hasn't been altered or the like and that the court can treat as evidence. You could just say that, but 'true and correct' has been used so long that a court might think it was odd if you used more normal language, plus you know exactly how it will be interpreted by the court when you use that phrase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

vOv posted:

for some reason legal documents tend to be kinda repetitive: 'cease and desist', 'terms and conditions', 'true and correct', 'breaking and entering', etc.
people are assholes to try to find loopholes so you always need some kind of redundancy to block poo poo like, "well it's true but not exactly correct."

• Locked thread