Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

There's a pretty cool Moby song they've used in the first couple of seasons as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Oh man, you aren't kidding. I played the previews of that idiotape album and it's basically like Genius: The Soundtrack.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

BSam posted:

There's a pretty cool Moby song they've used in the first couple of seasons as well.

I'm waiting for the inevitable guest episode where Kyungran, Sunggyu, Sangmin, and Jinho show up and Extreme Ways constantly plays whenever they show up.

Usually there's a guest cast around episode 10, right? The competition needs to liven up a little.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

BSam posted:

I made that song my occasional alarm clock. It's pretty effective.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I feel bad for everyone who sees the new post here and is hoping for the next episode, so sorry in advance.

:f5:

There is a new episode this week yeah? They haven't skipped a week or anything?

(For those wanting something similar to watch while we wait, the Korean Liar Game is really quite good, and in case anyone missed it, Crime Scene was brilliant, I saw most of it but only watched the finale last week.)

BSam fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Nov 25, 2014

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Episode 8 premiered last Wednesday in Korea. Subtitling a show is hard work and if Bumdiddlyump wants to take some time off I can't blame her.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
No one is complaining, just wondering while waiting for our fix :f5:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I'm just gonna listen to the idiotape album in preparation. :dance:

Seriously, it's kinda amazing how that fits the atmosphere so well-- I was legitimately surprised that the music was a preexisting album and not composed for the show.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

CHiRAL posted:

No one is complaining, just wondering while waiting for our fix :f5:

Yeah this. Bumdiddly does an amazing job, and I'm not complaining at all, just really looking forward to the show.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
Speak of the devil, it's up.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
episode 8 is up

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
That opening alone was worth the wait :neckbeard:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Oh my god, Dongmin punching away the heart. :iia:

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Episode 8: It was Ahyoung's time. She kind of lucked into winning the Deathmatch in the first episode, and she got crushed mentally really easily this time around. I'm going to miss her goofiness, but she wasn't bringing much to the main games outside of the jokes.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Teek posted:

Episode 8: It was Ahyoung's time. She kind of lucked into winning the Deathmatch in the first episode, and she got crushed mentally really easily this time around. I'm going to miss her goofiness, but she wasn't bringing much to the main games outside of the jokes.

I pretty much agree with all of this. During the last 2 eps I found myself wondering what the hell they were teaching her in Harvard

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I have a terrible nail-biting habit.

Therefore, I would've had a deathmatch strategy. It's too much to remember, so you might as well figure out a way to leave breadcrumbs, right? Also, always go forward and as close to the edge as possible. Makes it easier to remember your path. Man, that's the first deathmatch I don't think I'd suck at!

I'll miss Ahyoung. It was her time, she made it very far and end up caught in the crossfire. Although, if you asked me, I'd have said Yeonjoo would leave before her. I can't remember the name of the old dude from season 2 now, but Yeonjoo's that dude.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

I'm annoyed that we got yet another team focused match that focused on alliances over game strategy at this late stage.

I'm also sad that Ahyoung left on bad terms with Dongmin :(

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
This show really isn't going to be the same without WaaaaYoung :(.

Something I didn't understand though is why did babby guy save Dong at the end when their whole strategy was the make him lose and face either poker guy or Dr in the deathmatch? He could have picked WaaYoung and prolonged our enjoyment!

I'm surprised at how much I'm loving the social game in this season. I usually dislike it and favour more awesome individual moments, but these people just play it so well.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

sharktamer posted:

This show really isn't going to be the same without WaaaaYoung :(.

Something I didn't understand though is why did babby guy save Dong at the end when their whole strategy was the make him lose and face either poker guy or Dr in the deathmatch? He could have picked WaaYoung and prolonged our enjoyment!

I'm surprised at how much I'm loving the social game in this season. I usually dislike it and favour more awesome individual moments, but these people just play it so well.

Because they knew he was going to pick one of the girls and they didn't want to be the ones to choose which girl got picked. I was actually hoping Hyunmin would give up his token but I'm not sure the rules allow that.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I really, really wanted to give Ahyoung the benefit of the doubt through the season since she won the first deathmatch... but welp. At least Yeonjoo hasn't made a gigantic blunder yet.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Dongmin is a goddamn master. People are literally throwing themselves at the Death Match now just to not give him the satisfaction, drat. He couldn't get eliminated even if he begged for it.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Man I cannot believe how bad Ahyoung was at that deathmatch, if it was just not picturing walls properly that'd be one thing but at least count where you went! Like, remembering 2Right 2Up isn't remotely tough, you shouldn't have any problems retracing your steps that early. That said, just by going 2R she already basically locked herself out even if she played it decently, since that route was absolutely awful and she'd have to restart entirely.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Tonfa posted:

I really, really wanted to give Ahyoung the benefit of the doubt through the season since she won the first deathmatch... but welp. At least Yeonjoo hasn't made a gigantic blunder yet.

To be fair that death match was brutal. And poker dude got good concentration to be able to remember the opponent's moves to trick her the way he did.

qbert posted:

Dongmin is a goddamn master. People are literally throwing themselves at the Death Match now just to not give him the satisfaction, drat. He couldn't get eliminated even if he begged for it.

I'm sure that was part of his plan, he'd look good in any case. Notice how he couldn't fake disappointment when the plan failed.

The fact that the girl just leaked the plan early was a godsend.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
Still in the middle of watching but anyone know what the jazzy organ song playing in the background is around the 25 minute mark is?

Cute n Popular
Oct 12, 2012
Seems like Dongmin and Ahyoung parted on really rough terms. Guess Sujin won't have to buy them a house.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Loving the preview for next week, even if they're faking us out: Go Mentality King!

Dongmin finally got called out for sacrificing everyone to preserve his alliance with Hyunmin. I hope the guests team up with Mentality King and send Dongmin to the deathmatch!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I thought when they caught on that the other team was playing to lose that they were going to go for a three player tie for first. It's a lot riskier but it would have been doable and certainly worth trying since you've got nothing to lose at that point. The big alliance didn't even seem to consider it, though.

Running With Spoons
Oct 26, 2005
Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the pot

Insurrectionist posted:

Man I cannot believe how bad Ahyoung was at that deathmatch, if it was just not picturing walls properly that'd be one thing but at least count where you went! Like, remembering 2Right 2Up isn't remotely tough, you shouldn't have any problems retracing your steps that early. That said, just by going 2R she already basically locked herself out even if she played it decently, since that route was absolutely awful and she'd have to restart entirely.

I think the right route was better than the top route.
Right route was 18 spaces vs 16 spaces for the top route.
However, the top route gives information to your opponent, the right route gives no information at all and you can actually use your opponent's information.
But then again, Ahyoung couldn't remember her first 4 moves, so she wasn't going to remember the walls on Yoohyun's side

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

qbert posted:

I think Yoohyun's playing the situation perfectly - he gets a fairly easy win and now has enough black garnets for a black mission, eliminates someone who was always eager to work with Dongmin, and breaking up the plan brought a wedge between Hyunmin/Dongmin re: using black garnets. I think that's a way better outcome than having Dongmin come in last and get a shot at a black mission.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Preview spoiler, but this guy was a psychic. I'm really hyped for next week based on the preview.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Teek posted:

It was well past her time in terms of ability, but she should have been given the token of immunity and Yeonjoo should have gone into the challenge, like Dongmin wanted (in the second deleted scene). Because a) they never were going to pick Dongmin (he could do black mission like he wanted, and then send Yeonseung into the death match), b) Ahyoung is more compliant than Yeonjoo, c) Yeonjoo was to blame for the strategy being found out, and d) Yeonjoo had a better shot of winning the death match probably than did Ahyoung.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
This death match was only made so the lighting technician could show off his skills. "Hey everybody I made giant rotating red alarms and it also dim the house lights, can somebody find an error noise and a way to fit this in?"

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Power of Pecota posted:

Preview spoiler, but this guy was a psychic. I'm really hyped for next week based on the preview.

Not really, it if wasn't the fifth round it would have been the fourth round.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Power of Pecota posted:

Well it sort of made sense, since main matches kind of need a decent number of people.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
I watched this way too late but Dongmin's plan seemed to be:
-Come last and become elimination candidate
-Pick Yeonsong for the deathmatch
-Do a Black Mission and win
-Pick Yoohyun to replace him

Given how hard the black missions are I'd let him do this if I were Yeonsong and Yoohyun. He would most likely fail the black mission and go into the DM with that failure on his shoulders.

Too bad Ahyoung is out, she was not the greatest player but was always having fun and made the show more fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjNPDHVi3gM

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

I was really hoping for a last minute reveal where Dongmin wanting to come in last was actually all an elaborate hoax and him and Hyunmin getting the tokens of life was the plan all along. Bonus points if he just kept the protection garnets from the girls.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Colonel Cool posted:

I was really hoping for a last minute reveal where Dongmin wanting to come in last was actually all an elaborate hoax and him and Hyunmin getting the tokens of life was the plan all along. Bonus points if he just kept the protection garnets from the girls.

Someone would literally have burnt down his house for that betrayal.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Yeah, it seemed really dumb for Hyunmin to give his token to Dongmin instead of Ahyoung, because he was effectively choosing between Yeonjoo and Ahyoung, and choosing to keep Yeonjoo doesn't make any since. She worked with them much less often, seemed less likely to be "loyal", gave away Dongmin's strategy IMMEDIATELY after being told it etc etc.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Shakugan posted:

Yeah, it seemed really dumb for Hyunmin to give his token to Dongmin instead of Ahyoung, because he was effectively choosing between Yeonjoo and Ahyoung, and choosing to keep Yeonjoo doesn't make any since. She worked with them much less often, seemed less likely to be "loyal", gave away Dongmin's strategy IMMEDIATELY after being told it etc etc.

Did you watch the BTS?

He did it because he felt bad and didn't want to directly choose between the girls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

qbert posted:

Did you watch the BTS?

He did it because he felt bad and didn't want to directly choose between the girls.

I did, and it's a dumb reason?