Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

##vote Asiina

There's no way you believe either of those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Well technically there's no way you believe one of them makes me scum, but same thing really.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Wow. Have I earned no respect? Dugong will flip scum boys.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote Mad Ranchero not feeling Asiina at all. Whatever dark corner of Missouri I'm in says hello.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

merk I will help your last minute bandwagon attempt if you will vote Asiina if it fails.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote asiina

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Fuuuuuuuuuuuck uuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yawn, try harder

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
what happens if there's a tie

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

The person who reached the number first gets cuddled, generally.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
##vote mad rancher

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Jj was Planet-Aligned Miller/2-Shot Tracker!

Flavor forthcoming when 8bux gets it ready.

Its night 2, do the thing.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
update the play was alright, typical community theater, but there was a really big and obvious and recurring queer subtext to the play that was (disappointingly) never explored.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Ecco

tell me who is scum ecco

i trust you

you should quit this game imo

HiipFire posted:

gently caress RIGHT OKAY I FORGOT
oh honey.

The Science of Suck posted:

it also occurs to me that ecco was against a lurker vig but is now pro lurker lynch
what he said:

Puntification posted:

Are you suggesting that wanting to kill lurkers twelve days into a game is no different from wanting to kill them on the first?

also there is a difference between lurking and showing up and promising to post and then disappearing. hiip wasn't a "lurker vote" except in the most cursory and general way.

Somberbrero posted:

Why do you trust Ecco?
because I'm the best :sun:

I don't like how apparently even though you read what I wrote in response to you and you went "I dunno I'm not feeling ecco anymore," you instead doubled-down on me being scum (but then shifted your vote away from me). It's really really weird.

Asiina posted:

Hello I am in this game. I think the people who have called me scummy but have not voted for me are scum.

Like 3 different people have put me at the top of their scum list but I have yet to receive a single vote.

I voted for you over JJ when I read this post during intermission fyi. Not because "oh gosh she caught me gotta CMA!!", but because I said repeatedly I'd be fine voting for you and was instead voting for someone else I said I'd be fine voting for.

This post actually does feel a bit like a "oh woe is me I am just this innocent little townsperson harassed by these big vicious scum," and I'm definitely voting for you come day 3.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

##vote asiina
This is a good case, I agree with its points very much.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

EccoRaven posted:

This is a good case, I agree with its points very much.

Yay!
(Not being sarcastic Ecco)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I know! it's weird for me too. I hope this is the start of a beautiful friendship :unsmith:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

This post actually does feel a bit like a "oh woe is me I am just this innocent little townsperson harassed by these big vicious scum," and I'm definitely voting for you come day 3.

It's actually the opposite. People who think I'm scum and declaring I'm scum but aren't voting for me is super weird. If you think someone is scum, vote for them or it's pointless, you are just making noise. The fact that it took Ixt until deadline to make a vote of any kind, nevermind the person he was absolutely sure was scum all drat day is so goddamn scummy.

I will vote Ixt until I die.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

How is it scummy Asiina? Seriously, explain in detail how that's from a scum mindset.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
The only smilie I can remember off the top of my head is

:australia:

So just pretend that's like a thumbs up or something.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Oh wait I guess you had one really incredibly dumb sentence in there about it "If you think someone is scum, vote for them or it's pointless, you are just making noise."

That's stupid and I'll tell you why. One, votes don't count until deadline or majority. All a vote is until that time is the exact same thing as "noise". Two, voting for someone immediately puts them on the defensive and makes it less likely for them to reply or post in any kind of productive way. Three, I feel like voting for someone solidifies that opinion more in your mind and makes you less likely to reconsider it even when you should.

And finally, there are really only two reasons to vote someone before a time your vote matters:

1. To posture.

2. To provide players who aren't paying that close attention a way to gauge peoples' opinions.

In addition to this, I have cultivated my passive-aggressive late voting meta for a long time as 3p and town more than as scum because people like you think it's scummy for stupid reasons. Your absolutism is way more scummy and counterproductive than my lack of voting.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Asiina posted:

People who think I'm scum and declaring I'm scum but aren't voting for me is super weird. If you think someone is scum, vote for them or it's pointless, you are just making noise.

Hear that everyone? You can only ever have as many suspicions as you do votes, otherwise it's pointless noise at best and super scummy at worst.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

At least JJ is dead

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Hangover of death. Wish you didn't case me after I started drinking merk but ok.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
It's flavor time.

Flowering Time, Some Strange Corner of Space

It had been a while since part of the great union had been sent to the strange carbon-based planet they were somehow compelled to explore and outside of a few "Bzzzt SYSTEM SLIGHTLY HOSTILE Bzzzt" and "Bzzzt Our dance-based communications not helping diplomacy Bzzzzzzt" there were no messages. The elders of the hive were worried. They craved the Great Nectar and wanted more, but the dangers of this world may be too much - especially if the worst had actually happened...

Then, after a great wait. Drone 5214uuuBzzt appeared within the Core System. He had flown many hexagons to get back and he was weary. After a burst of Royal Jelly, the elders dragged him in front of the URQUEEN. She must bee told of the results.

In their strange language (a mixture of the hula and connect the dots) the drone began:

"Bzzzzt At First Planet Land Of Milk And Honey. Bzzzt So Much Nectar So Much. Bzzzt Creatures Giant But Manageable. Bzzzt Able To Figure Out Movements."

It seemed fine to the elders, but then Drone 5214uuuBzzt continued...

"Bzzt Bright Light Appeared. Bzzzzt Pretty Light Must Go Toward Light. Bzzzt Light Stings. Bzzt Light Hurts. Bzzzt Only Drone 5214uuuBzzt Survives."

Deep in space there was a day of mourning in the Hive. It would continue, but it would always regret the foolish involvement in what would be known as the Great Stinging.

Mad Rancher (SSSsssssBZzzz the Noisy, Part of the Hyper-intelligent Swarm) Miller, 2-Shot Tracker was smashed D2!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am getting genuinely frustrated with how much I'm being suspected because I feel liek I've been trying really god drat hard this game and it feels like one after another I have people just jumping at me throwing "you are 100% a scum" down my throat over something as stupid as "lol ernie died." And then saying "you haven't been scum hunting/genuinely towny."

It's freaking ridiculous especially considering how little I actually scum hunt compared to how much i town hunt and I've had to post with my head on the block the entire game with little space to breathe if at all and it's really difficult to deal with, and I've also been in what feels like MAJOR contention for scum candidate but at the same time no one seems to be trying very hard to lynch me ever since ernie died. none of that strikes you as odd whatsoever? All that's been in the thread is soft pushes/hard stances on asiina but I receive like two votes and then suddenly I'm not a candidate anymore? No one seems to think anything of that?

I have invested a lot of time effort and sleep loss in this game and god damnit I am not going to let the first time I am mislynched in months be the CPig/8bux game because people feel like suspecting me for reasons.

I mean Jfc does no one remember the time I was railroaded into the dirt as town vigilante and claimed serial killer? SOME TIMES I AT SCUMMY AS A TOWN.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Asiina I invite you to reread your post history if you think you're trying really hard.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lol.

Ixt that's a post from the 2+2 forums champion game that merk is in at the moment.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I love that you even kept the spelling mistakes.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Asiina posted:

I am getting genuinely frustrated with how much I'm being suspected because I feel liek I've been trying really god drat hard this game and it feels like one after another I have people just jumping at me throwing "you are 100% a scum" down my throat over something as stupid as "lol ernie died." And then saying "you haven't been scum hunting/genuinely towny."

It's freaking ridiculous especially considering how little I actually scum hunt compared to how much i town hunt and I've had to post with my head on the block the entire game with little space to breathe if at all and it's really difficult to deal with, and I've also been in what feels like MAJOR contention for scum candidate but at the same time no one seems to be trying very hard to lynch me ever since ernie died. none of that strikes you as odd whatsoever? All that's been in the thread is soft pushes/hard stances on asiina but I receive like two votes and then suddenly I'm not a candidate anymore? No one seems to think anything of that?

I have invested a lot of time effort and sleep loss in this game and god damnit I am not going to let the first time I am mislynched in months be the CPig/8bux game because people feel like suspecting me for reasons.

I mean Jfc does no one remember the time I was railroaded into the dirt as town vigilante and claimed serial killer? SOME TIMES I AT SCUMMY AS A TOWN.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
November 23, 20XX PandoMillisecond.com

Xeeto's IPO Goes Bust, Is This the New Tech Bubble?
by Sarah Lacy Jr.

We can all agree that Silicon Valley is great and never does anything wrong. In a perfect capitalist society anyone who would ever critisize the noble disruptor would be taken aside and sent to the Social media mines digging for likes and favs. Sometimes, however, there comes a bit of evidence that maybe not every whiz kid is what he says.

This is the case for Atticus Toast. It was just a few months ago that Toast was talking about the latest disruption. Xeeto was on everybody's lips at the Grove and at IceBar. He got millions from investors who wanted to see the Giant Robot biz disrupted in a pure way. But it may be that the gleam of the crowdsourced missles got in our eyes, because during it's first betatest Xeeto failed miserably. It barely graces the Top 100 on the app store and the giant robot unions have been protesting.

It also doesn't help that the recent press about Toast claiming that he's "too busy" to take interviews has left a bad taste in the mouth of the technorati and bilennials have rejected it - beferring Xeeto's competitor SnapBotly.

It's this humble reporters opinion Xeeto... is finito.

AtrociousToaster (Xeeto: The Social Robot) Planet-Aligned 2-Shot Robot Cop was modkilled N2!

ALSO

Puntification - Planet-Aligned 2-Shot Lynchproof Robot was smashed last night!!

(awaiting 8bux delicious flavors)

Its day 3, go hog wild.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (16): Asiina, bowmore, Dugong, EccoRaven, EXAKT Science, fiery_valkyrie, HiipFire, Ixtlilton, Meinberg, merk, Monathin, Opopanax, Peta, Somberbrero, The Science of Suck, Tremendous Taste

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 24th, 2014 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
##vote asiina second verse etc.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
:ghost: Noooooooo Scum you suck :ghost:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

##vote asiina second verse etc.

##vote Ixt

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Who the hell was atrocious toaster?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
A cop, apparently.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote asiina

EccoRaven posted:

second verse etc.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Knew there was a reason I didn't like the JJ vote.

##vote Asiina

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Monathin posted:

Knew there was a reason I didn't like the JJ vote.

##vote Asiina

lol @ this post.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Lol.

Ixt that's a post from the 2+2 forums champion game that merk is in at the moment.

We need 2+2 Mafia, where you can only use quotes from Champions games to communicate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Asiina posted:

lol @ this post.

Tbf he never voted for JJ. He voted for you.

• Locked thread