Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

Probably around that storyline bit where every wrestler except Punk and Cena "went on a strike" to protest against when Miz/Truth attacked everyone.

That storyline makes a lot more sense in retrospect knowing that the Shield was supposed to have that spot, and not randomly chosen Miz and Truth. It's like they just did a Find and Replace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Connor the Crusher

:thurman:

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/RealGrumpyCat/status/534410763876982786

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
gently caress me, the cat pre-empted the general feeling of the gdt, she's a mind reader

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Put the cat on commentary, have her poo poo all over the show. She would become PSP's new favorite.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

TheJoker138 posted:

Put the cat on commentary, have her poo poo all over the show. She would become PSP's new favorite.

Aubrey Plaza and Chris Pratt doing commentary as April and Andy is now everything I want from WWE.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Aubrey Plaza and Chris Pratt doing commentary as April and Andy is now everything I want from WWE.

Replace JBL with Batista as Drax

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
#JoinTheForce

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The what

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
This made me all S-A-W-F-T http://imgur.com/BLThHSl

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Enzowns. :3:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

That was pretty sweet of him to do

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Daniel Bryan posted:

#JoinTheForce

AAA are affiliated with Jeff Wrestling already, I thought?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

I think he is well aware of the meme now.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bully Ray posted:

Bully Ray @REALBully5150 · 1h1 hour ago
Would you rather die of thirst or sip from the cup of mediocrity?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If the cup of mediocrity is a WWE paycheck then that sounds pretty good to me.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

If the cup of mediocrity is a WWE paycheck then that sounds pretty good to me.

Pretty sure he means TNA.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Independent Wrestling or increasingly poor life decisions.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

MrBling posted:

Independent Wrestling or increasingly poor life decisions.

There is no difference between those two options.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

I think he is well aware of the meme now.

I can't decide if it's awesome because he's mocking himself for the reaction or terrible because he's making fun of himself and doesn't realize that both the reaction and the sentiment behind it are both worthy of mockery.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I can't decide if it's awesome because he's mocking himself for the reaction or terrible because he's making fun of himself and doesn't realize that both the reaction and the sentiment behind it are both worthy of mockery.

i like to think it's a kind of enthusiastic exclamation accompanied by a supportive fist pump

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Don't forget about Big Cass

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
mma/wwe crossover poo poo talking yall

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kifisonfire posted:

Don't forget about Big Cass

Pfft, all he's got going for him is that he's 7 foot tall, which I assume is something that can be taught.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Yuriy posted:

mma/wwe crossover poo poo talking yall

sheamus ripped that dude apart, I know shite all about MMA, is Conor good?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Another Person posted:

He's a flashy knockout artist that talks a lot of trash. The UFC is currently enamored with him to the point of creepy.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Another Person posted:

Yeah, he has a very exciting fight style and so far has dominated in every test he's had in his UFC career. He's also an amazing talker with tons of charisma and is on his way to being the biggest post-GSP UFC star if he doesn't gently caress up.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

savinhill posted:

Yeah, he has a very exciting fight style and so far has dominated in every test he's had in his UFC career. He's also an amazing talker with tons of charisma and is on his way to being the biggest post-GSP UFC star if he doesn't gently caress up.

He also hasn't fought a decent wrestler yet so I'd say "biggest post-GSP UFC star" is a little much

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Pretty sure he means TNA.

I assumed that was the bit about dying of thirst

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
At the very least I know Conor was a fan during the Attitude Era. Have always tried to get an answer if he is still one now. Either/or Conor does know the deal about Pro Wrestling. He can pretend otherwise.

Cathal Pendred was really quick in wishing Sheamus well on his recent injury when the news broke on Twitter. Pendred and Ais Daly are friends with Becky Lynch. Becky used to go to SBG. There's a lot of ties between Irish MMA and Pro Wrestling. Dublin is pretty small and there's only so many gyms too.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Super secret plan by Conor McGregor.
1. Be acquainted with Sheamus
2. Agree to have a barney with him on twitter
3. Get publicity for both of us
4. Laugh to the bank

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
How does it help either of them?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ICHIBAHN posted:

If you don't think being in the news for doing nothing doesn't benefit a young MMA fighter when it's how he's got into the title picture doesn't help him, I dunno what to say.
It benefits Sheamus less, but by standing up to a legitimate UFC fighter in an argument, it doesn't do his image as a tough guy much damage and as long as he's not putting his foot in his mouth like Jon Jones, it's good for him.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Negligible.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Aurain posted:

If you don't think being in the news for doing nothing doesn't benefit a young MMA fighter when it's how he's got into the title picture doesn't help him, I dunno what to say.
It benefits Sheamus less, but by standing up to a legitimate UFC fighter in an argument, it doesn't do his image as a tough guy much damage and as long as he's not putting his foot in his mouth like Jon Jones, it's good for him.

Sheamus is like a 200+ tall motherfucker, Conor is a teeny tiny 145 lbser.

It doesn't do much for Sheamus.

ICHIBAHN posted:

Why does it have to help them, it's just two Irish dudes interacting

rovert posted:

At the very least I know Conor was a fan during the Attitude Era. Have always tried to get an answer if he is still one now. Either/or Conor does know the deal about Pro Wrestling. He can pretend otherwise.

Cathal Pendred was really quick in wishing Sheamus well on his recent injury when the news broke on Twitter. Pendred and Ais Daly are friends with Becky Lynch. Becky used to go to SBG. There's a lot of ties between Irish MMA and Pro Wrestling. Dublin is pretty small and there's only so many gyms too.

The dude needs to watch more wrestling because his promos aren't Chael-tier yet

ICHIBAHN posted:

Negligible.

lol any time you post about mma it's painful to read

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
gently caress off tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003