Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Dugong posted:

Tbf he never voted for JJ. He voted for you.

Still, does it have any purpose other than LAMIST?

I didn't start the JJ bandwagon, I jumped on it for self-preservation. My being on that vote has nothing to do with how JJ flipped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's also meaningless since scum don't know each other

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Why has no one voted with merk yet? I don't have the availability to seriously reread but it doesn't matter. Worst case scenario he's scum and we can lynch him when he's wrong.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Dugong

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Somberbrero posted:

Why has no one voted with merk yet? I don't have the availability to seriously reread but it doesn't matter. Worst case scenario he's scum and we can lynch him when he's wrong.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah that is...what?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I mean if you say so

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Have I mentioned I'd be ok with voting for Somber? Because he's up there a bit.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Also I'm having some computer issues, and though I'm at my parents' house today with my desktop, I'm going to be only using my phone for the next few days, so, those of you who hate how much I post (i.e. everyone), be happy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EccoRaven posted:

Have I mentioned I'd be ok with voting for Somber? Because he's up there a bit.

Day one it was a bad gut feeling, day two it was an unconfirmed suspicion, today you're okay with voting me. I'm excited to see you pretty much already near kind of being ready to possibly push a vote on me day six.

Ecco is better at town than this.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok but could you explain what the gently caress that merk post was?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Opopanax posted:

Ok but could you explain what the gently caress that merk post was?

Merk is good at mafia and I have few strong opinions. Also I can't see that image right now.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
what

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
aw man i was going to do a snarky post like "hey let's vote with merk" *doesn't vote with merk* but everyone else is already piling on

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Oh. The day just started and formatting votes on my phone is a little tedious.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Somberbrero posted:

Merk is good at mafia and I have few strong opinions. Also I can't see that image right now.

Right. But merk has been doing a pretty crummy job this game, and voting for him tomorrow if we mislynch on his advice is, uh, really loving stupid

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
hmm between the character posting and the attitude now i get the feeling of someone posting words to maintain a presence without putting themselves out there for scrutiny

##vote somber
phone voting is indeed tedious but it's the cross we have to bear

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Opo why don't you like the dugong case

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Opopanax posted:

Right. But merk has been doing a pretty crummy job this game, and voting for him tomorrow if we mislynch on his advice is, uh, really loving stupid

What exactly about my game has been crummy?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just the lazy way you're pushing things. "Hey I'm right do this"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

And I wouldn't say I dislike the dugong case I'm just not totally sold on it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Opopanax posted:

That's not really what I said. While I get the impression that you're town I think it's disingenuous to say that merk has been doing a bad job.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Was the Dr. Hurt case "crummy"?

Is the Dugong case "crummy"?

What exactly is crummy about these two cases?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

That's not really what I said. While I get the impression that you're town I think it's disingenuous to say that merk has been doing a bad job.

Why do you think he's town? A hand wave over my play this game as 'crummy' seems like he read a few Ecco posts and wants to follow that without any real thought.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Somberbrero posted:

That's not really what I said.

No that is definitely what you said

Somberbrero posted:

Worst case scenario he's scum and we can lynch him when he's wrong.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

Why do you think he's town? A hand wave over my play this game as 'crummy' seems like he read a few Ecco posts and wants to follow that without any real thought.

Gut. In my experience Opop is a very bad at mafia as town and just lurks as scum. Nothing more than a feeling though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Opopanax posted:

No that is definitely what you said

Okay. Early on I made a comment about merk being scum if he was persistently wrong, which I meant to reference in context there but phone posting is hard. Apologies if I'm misremembering.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's a little better I guess, barring the fact that being wrong and being scum are two totally different things.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

Gut. In my experience Opop is a very bad at mafia as town and just lurks as scum. Nothing more than a feeling though.

In this game, where scum do not know other scum, isn't this meta stuff completely pointless?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

merk posted:

Oh, this post is scummy because he's waving a hand over other content as scummy but not analyzing any of it. He's trying to make it look like he's figuring out alignment when in reality he's just trying to say small nothings to go unnoticed.

Yeah no. My confidence in the vote in Hiip lessened because of the 2 other voters, I am unsure on Ecco but more so Monathin. You said that I just use pointless posts, fair enough but Monathin, the person on the vote for Hiip has posted less than you have and most recently been pathetically flipping between Hiip and Asiina. If I hadn't changed to JJ you could have just as easily said that I was acting scummy because I wanted a NL to go through.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

merk posted:

Pointless argument over a pointless stupid pointless thing with the volcano stupidity.

That's what I was saying in the quote. The volcano thing was stupid :eng99:

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Is the voting plurality again or no?

also
##vote Asiina

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Somb

I think his Opo read is made up.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Sorry I keep forgetting to do it when the day starts

todays lynch is Plurality again

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Somberbrero posted:

Okay. Early on I made a comment about merk being scum if he was persistently wrong, which I meant to reference in context there but phone posting is hard. Apologies if I'm misremembering.

##vote somber I went back looking for this post and yeesh. Somb is scum, and either buddying up so town merk doesn't come after him or scum merk doesn't kill him.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
This is very late!

November 23, 20XX, The Pepsi Sphere

It's been fifty years since the end of the second Cola Wars, but you can still see the effects on the world. Though it ended in a decisive victory - the Coca-Cola Company's endgame of releasing hoards of radioactive haters at their moment of defeat was catastrophic. In an effort to lessen the damage it was ordered that the higher castes of the New Generation would be sent to live in the great Pepsi Sphere. There they would reign over a majority of the population unaging and unchanging - protected by their eunuch Pepsiman servants.

Pepsi for Pizza.

Beyonce, resplendent in her glimmering throne, observed the holodeck wearily. Already she had had to play peacemaker between Taylor Swift and Katy Perry's bickering and the recent ejection of surgically-age-reduced entirety of Van Halen to Venus had given her a headache. There were rumors of Russell Brand trying to create some sort of revolution in the lower decks. Girls may run the world, but it sure is a pain.

With a high-tech woosh the doors to her chamber opened, revealing Mariah Carey aka the Elusive Chanteuse. Decked all in satin and lace with Nike high-heeled sneakers, Carey somehow seemed down - which considering she had only recently activated the self-destruct bug inside Eminem's head was odd.

"What brings you to my Beyhive Mariah?" asked Beyonce.

"I have news from the Monster Island," Carey glumly told her. "It seems... it seems our vessel was destroyed."

All was silence.

"My... my husband. Is there any news from him?" The Irreplaceable One asked.

"We've received a single message as the vessel was destroyed. 'I'm sorry B. I've finally found my 100th problem."

A single tear fell down Beyonce's perfectly maintained cheek. She hadn't felt this way since Blue Ivy rejected the Illuminati programming and left for the Outer Zones.

She was a single lady yet again.

Puntification (Pepsi Presents: The Refreshatrix), Planet-Aligned 2-Shot Lynchproof Robot was killed N2

Eight Dollars fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Nov 24, 2014

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm VT and trying to contribute while travelling.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm also VT. I'm jealous of all these X-shot people.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Why would you back off the best case you've made in months aplusplus very good 100% scrum because of an admitted gut call I made?

I was trying to indicate that while opop was wrong in a weird way that I don't care to get lynchy about it. Listening to merk is often useful, town would have won Arrentia if more people had trusted him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

I'm also VT. I'm jealous of all these X-shot people.

YEAH. I would feel better about it if our got-dang cop hadn't gotten modkilled.

• Locked thread