Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Iron Casanova posted:

This game made me want a TG16.

Me too, fortunately I got it confused with golden axe and got a genesis instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Asimo posted:

also all you loving brats linking psx and n64 games, do your parents know you're up this late? you have school tomorrow

i know you don't wanna admit that you've gotten this old but the playstation 1 came out twenty years ago and the nintendo 64 is coming up on that anniversary in 2016

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

Sizone posted:

Me too, fortunately I got it confused with golden axe and got a genesis instead.

I never regretted missing out on the TG16 until I looked into the price of getting into it now.The prices on TG16 stuff is bonkers now.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I tried to buy this game at CompUSA but my dad put it back and on the ride home explained the bell curve to me and then bought me McDonald's.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Heavy Lobster posted:

Most games that were posted in this thread, but especially

well it's a titus game what did you expect

actually i shouldn't talk i bought the pc version of blues brothers (tho mainly i think because it was cheap and i had a decrepit 8088 with cga/hercules at the time so it was one of the few games still available that would run on my pc)

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

i broke space on my first keyboard playing prehistorik

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

i know you don't wanna admit that you've gotten this old but the playstation 1 came out twenty years ago and the nintendo 64 is coming up on that anniversary in 2016

get off my lawn

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Asimo posted:

get off my lawn

why don't go play some fuckin nes grandpa

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Asimo posted:

get off my lawn

I'm gonna bury you in a new mexican landfill

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I couldn't afford an NES, being a broke poor, but 2600 games were all over the garage sales.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

then I bought this at Babbage's for $40 and played the hell out of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNA54c0cVXA

In my heart, I believed it was a good game.

e: gently caress, did my voice sound like that? probably

doctorfrog fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 23, 2014

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

doctorfrog posted:

Know that your heart is pure, because it actually is a good game.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

doctorfrog posted:

e: gently caress, did my voice sound like that? probably
ffl3 wasn't horrible really. it was just a generic jrpg, just on the gameboy

nowhere near as good as ffl2 though

doctorfrog posted:

I couldn't afford an NES, being a broke poor, but 2600 games were all over the garage sales.
best thing about the video game crash: bargain bins full of atari poo poo for like forty cents

none of it was good or playable, but there was sure a lot of it

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
poo poo, 8 pages. has TMNT for the NES been posted yet? if it has, it deserves to be posted again.

Dec 26, 2012

ffl3 is fine just not half as good as either of the others on gameboy

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

jesus christ jim. what the hell happened man?

Dec 26, 2012

free pager offer. man

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

AHungryRobot posted:

jesus christ jim. what the hell happened man?

cow landed on his head, don't you know?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
zombies ate my neighbors for snes was bullshit and I played way too much of it

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
Were the Snowboard Kids games actually any good?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Heavy Lobster posted:

The second one yeah the first one eh

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
General Chaos for the Sega Genesis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnuyCOpfWp8

Holy loving christ this game looks awesome, but it's not actually very good in retrospect. It's better with 2 players tho.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Also:

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

Athropos posted:

General Chaos for the Sega Genesis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnuyCOpfWp8

Holy loving christ this game looks awesome, but it's not actually very good in retrospect. It's better with 2 players tho.

I remember General Chaos as being like Valkyria Chronicles except instead of anime teens you had rambos and hulk hogans. Don't try to bullshit me it was exactly like that. Exactly.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

I remember General Chaos as being like Valkyria Chronicles except instead of anime teens you had rambos and hulk hogans. Don't try to bullshit me it was exactly like that. Exactly.

Pretty much, and the Game Refuge house art style was in full flower at the time, making it extra good.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Runescape, Battle On/Adventure Quest, Gaia Online, Habbo Hotel, pretty much anything I played when I was like 12-16

Spent ages justifying Jet Force Gemini as a good game (even the multiplayer), but honestly in comparison to Rare's other shooters like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark or Conker's Bad Fur Day. It's no good or 'not for me'. Whatever.

Heavy Lobster posted:

I love the first one, loving other players over at the ski lift was the best part. I've never played the second, the listings online are like $250 AUD

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Jet Force Gemini is pretty much Gears of War without the cover shooting gimmick for N64.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Jackie CHan: stuntmaster and the wu tang fighting game for PSX were extremely fun

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
i went to an irl video arcade a while back and played bad dudes. when i was a kid i thought i played it a lot and thought it was almost on par with double dragon and final fight and the other good beat em ups of the time but playing it again after all these years i finally realized it's one of the worst games ever made, much less one of the worst beat em ups ever made. it's trash

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Detective No. 27 posted:

Jet Force Gemini is pretty much Gears of War without the cover shooting gimmick for N64.

...and with an added 'you must collect every bear on every level to progress' rule which made me switch the game off immediately instead of trudging back through the levels. gently caress that.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Jet Force Gemini seemed so cool at the time. Plus it was a Rare game during the time when Rare was at their peak. It's a shame it didn't turn out so well.

Dec 26, 2012

woofbro posted:

Spent ages justifying Jet Force Gemini as a good game (even the multiplayer), but honestly in comparison to Rare's other shooters like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark or Conker's Bad Fur Day. It's no good or 'not for me'. Whatever.

i mean its good to start with but

88h88 posted:

...and with an added 'you must collect every bear on every level to progress' rule which made me switch the game off immediately instead of trudging back through the levels. gently caress that.

yeah

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
JFG was cool because you could throw a giant shuriken and behead enemies with it.

No more justification needed imo.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

there was some gameboy game i cant remember that i liked a lot, that is probably bad. you are an anime kid and you're on a cruise and your ship sinks. you end up on an island and the goal is to survive

i liked to collect coconuts and stuff and not die

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

A Spider Covets posted:

there was some gameboy game i cant remember that i liked a lot, that is probably bad. you are an anime kid and you're on a cruise and your ship sinks. you end up on an island and the goal is to survive

i liked to collect coconuts and stuff and not die
Survival Kids? I think that game is supposed to be pretty good actually

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
final fight and shadow over mystara still pretty much rule but you can't attack when you are standing on an item and enemies are constantly dropping items and they have weird invincible frames and after a while you come to understand that these games are designed to keep you putting in quarters and maybe you are being rubed by an electric carnie as much as you are playing a fun game

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

88h88 posted:

I never even knew that was a thing? I got to the point where everyone's clothes changed. The Dog was a straight up tank! Do you need to redo each level and get every koala to beat or complete the game?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

woofbro posted:

I never even knew that was a thing? I got to the point where everyone's clothes changed. The Dog was a straight up tank! Do you need to redo each level and get every koala to beat or complete the game?

Yeah you can't fight the final boss until you do. It was bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

I replay this pretty frequently, it does in fact own a lot

• Locked thread