Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer

Internet Explorer posted:

I think it's funny that you have to clean up cat piss and deal with crazy cat ladies but no you can't be a stereotypical "computer guy." Good luck with that. Any decent computer guy with people skills isn't going to want to work with a bunch of crazy cat ladies.

i would actually do that job in a heartbeat but people tell me i have a knack for working with people who fear and hate computers and will never understand them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

It's not even a job. It's a volunteer /resume building position.

No Money.

Zero.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

revdrkevind posted:

edit: Haha you guys got me, of course this is a joke post. Cats are not known for getting into places they're unwanted, and of course there are never occasions when computers and animals share spaces, let alone to imagine that animals would eliminate inappropriately! What a riot. Thanks for playing, though. I'll just leave this up so we can all remember what a good laugh we had.

Normally my posts are real wordy and explanatory, but I'm only going to say one thing this time: Know your audience.

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

You ever hear of the neutron bomb?

revdrkevind posted:

Cat Petting and Desktop Support

quote:

we built this website from scratch.

Just quoting this for posterity.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
^^^lol

Considering the number of posts I see begging for information on how to break in to tech support, a post like that isn't out of line.

And yes, some people volunteer. They literally give their labor product away for free.

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?
Let me stick myself back in the game

My experience: 1.5 years in Desktop Support and Helpdesk Type roles. Plenty of experience in that time configuring, administrating, and troubleshooting Windows Desktops and servers. I've worked with and have a home lab ESXi environment for VMware as well as Cisco routers and switches in pursuit of a CCNA.
What I'm looking for: A Systems/Network Administrator position.
What I'm not looking for: Helldesk, Call Center, Developer positions
What I have to Bring to the Table
Where I currently Live: Bergen County, NJ
Where I'm looking: Continental United States. Willing to relocate: have a preference for NoVA, Texas, or Colorado
Requirements: Health, Full time
Can be reached at: Panzarinotech@gmail.com Or Private Messaging

QuiteEasilyDone fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 24, 2014

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

QuiteEasilyDone posted:

Let me stick myself back in the game

My experience: 1.5 years in Desktop Support and Helpdesk Type roles. Plenty of experience in that time configuring, administrating, and troubleshooting Windows Desktops and servers. I've worked with and have a home lab ESXi environment for VMware as well as Cisco routers and switches in pursuit of a CCNA.
What I'm looking for: A Systems/Network Administrator position.
What I'm not looking for: Helldesk, Call Center, Developer positions
What I have to Bring to the Table
Where I currently Live: Bergen County, NJ
Where I'm looking: Continental United States. Willing to relocate: have a preference for NoVA, Texas, or Colorado
Requirements: Health, Full time
Can be reached at: Panzarinotech@gmail.com Or Private Messaging

What's your Linux experience like? If you don't mind commuting to the system I have a sort of Systems Administrator opening, but it's 100% Linux (specifically Redhat).

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

What's your Linux experience like? If you don't mind commuting to the system I have a sort of Systems Administrator opening, but it's 100% Linux (specifically Redhat).

Currently, I've done a little bit of experimenting with Linux, but I wouldn't precisely call it a full fledged skill.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

QuiteEasilyDone posted:

Currently, I've done a little bit of experimenting with Linux, but I wouldn't precisely call it a full fledged skill.

I meant to say "commuting to the city", but if you are interested in a Linux heavy job, send me the resume. ericcorp AT gmail DOT com and I'll pass it along.

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005
Cross-posting from BFC since I was hired by a Goon in the past and the job/company was awesome! Goons, help me YOTJ!

---

Got laid off literally the day after my birthday thanks to a company merger that made my company's development department redundant. So, I kinda need another job to feed my kid.

Job Seeker

Area of expertise: I.T. - Web and App Development

Education: B.S. in Information Technology from Florida State University

Experience: I've been working as a web developer since 2008. PHP is my core backend language and I do front end dev work as well (Javascript, jQuery, etc.).

I've worked with C# in the past and I've also written a few Android apps (including one for the Google Glass!) as well as an iPhone app. I've even dabbled in micro controller programming with straight C. While I haven't used C#, Java (primarily for Android dev) and Objective-C in a while, I could easily get back up to speed with those if need be.

I love to learn and love a challenge!

Looking For: Full time (read: no contract or contract-to-hire) employment. Benefits are a must. With family in the area, I would not be able to relocate. A shame since Florida is a tech wasteland. :(

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Posting again because I'm still unemployed and about to tap my 401k for money to live on.

Job Seeker

Area of Expertise: IT/Software Analysis/QA

Education: B.Sc in IT from University of Central Florida

Experience: 2 years in a server monitoring datacenter, monitoring/reporting/documenting issues for application development teams. Oversaw operation of nightly mainframe batch revenue cycles. After 1.25 years, made head of group, supervising 12-15 associates including time off, scheduling, and coaching. 2 years of Software Configuration and Implementation experience with a fortune 500 HR services corporation, building software for high end clients such as the NFL and Tesla Motors.

My greatest strength is that I can identify what I don't know and learn it very quickly.

Looking for: Full time work. Open to relocation. Benefits ideal.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
I'm running super low on my savings, and my current job is giving me no hours so I need to find a new job.
Job Seeker

Area of Expertise: General I.T. and networking with security.

Education: A.S in I.T. Security from FSCJ with a ton of cisco networking classes.

Experience: I have about a year of experience being a PC janitor and working on windows servers.

Looking for: Full time work. Relocate me for a job if needed.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Got laid off today, company decided it wanted to do projects differently (without a PM). So....

Job Seeker

Area of expertise: IT Project Management (would also look at IT department management in general).

Education: BS in Information Technology

Experience: I've been running IT projects for over two years, and full time for a year and 3 months. I have a CompTIA Project+ certification, and I essentially developed the very effective process my last employer decided wasn't the way they wanted to go (it increased efficiencies and profits, but they felt it was 'too structured').

Looking For: Full time employment, full benefits. I'd love to be able to telecommute some of the time, but it's not required.

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy
Who we are:RGH Entertainment

What we do:We are a small entertainment company, our main divisions are an animation studio, themed entertainment, and themed entertainment media production.

Opening: Entry level computer janitor.

Who we want: Able to resolve issues independently. Customer service oriented people looking start start a career in IT.

Who we don't want: Supergoons who are unable to work with executives and artists.

When we want you: ASAP

Why you want us: Casual atmosphere. Near the end of the day we might play some BF4 or TF2. If you are looking to get into animation or themed entertainment it is a great environment to network and form relationships with a lot of the most talented people in the business.

How to apply: Clicky

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist posted:

Who we are:RGH Entertainment

What we do:We are a small entertainment company, our main divisions are an animation studio, themed entertainment, and themed entertainment media production.

Opening: Entry level computer janitor.

Who we want: Able to resolve issues independently. Customer service oriented people looking start start a career in IT.

Who we don't want: Supergoons who are unable to work with executives and artists.

When we want you: ASAP

Why you want us: Casual atmosphere. Near the end of the day we might play some BF4 or TF2. If you are looking to get into animation or themed entertainment it is a great environment to network and form relationships with a lot of the most talented people in the business.

How to apply: Clicky

filled out the resume thing for this job.

Spazz
Nov 17, 2005

Spazz fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jul 5, 2018

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive
My assistant is leaving so my company has an open position!

Who are we?
Sirens Media, a TV production company making shows for networks such as Investigation Discovery, Bravo and others. Website is here: http://www.sirensmedia.com/

Where are we?
Right outside DC in Montgomery County with easy Red Line access

What are we looking for?
We're looking for an IT Assistant responsible for First Tier support in a mainly OS X environment. Duties range from setting up and deploying new employee accounts and computers to hardware support for various Mac models (lots of Mac Pros). Other duties would include printer configuration, maintaining asset inventory and e-mail creation and troubleshooting with Google Apps Enterprise.

Those are a quick overview of the basic requirements and if you want the full posting you can PM me. If you have a background in Film/Video/TV and knowledge of Non Linear Editors such as Avid Media Composer then that is a huge plus as IT works very closely with the Post Production department here. If you want to learn that kind of stuff then this is a good opportunity.

How do I apply?
E-mail your resume to it.hire@sirensmedia.com and if you need more info you can PM me

What else?
There is a 401(k) plan and and Health Insurance though I'm not sure when they kick in. If I remember correctly you start out with 5 vacation days and 5 sick days. Work environment is pretty laid back and you'll soon learn the intricacies of TV production which can be interesting.

And because HR requested that I do this, have an EEO disclaimer

Sirens Media LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sirens Media LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.

pr0digal fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jan 28, 2015

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

pr0digal posted:

And because HR requested that I do this have a EEO disclaimer
I'm not an English major, but that sentence is really hard to read without a comma or semicolon and proper a/an usage.

\/\/\/
Thanks, I'm now on our ITs applications mailing list and some of the resumes are making me cringe. Seriously, spellcheck. And if you are applying for a help desk position you should be capable of attaching your resume instead of a shortcut to your hard drive. :ughh:
And no person on the planet should have this line on their resume:
"Objective: To seek a position utilizing my skills"

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Dec 12, 2014

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

ilkhan posted:

I'm not an English major, but that sentence is really hard to read without a comma or semicolon and proper a/an usage.

D'oh, I can type good.

Fixed

TLove
Dec 24, 2009
I've spent the last 8 months of my life working at home for an ISP. DSL tech support. I was promoted to a 'mentor' after two months, decided I couldn't handle it, got promoted to a different position for the same company doing remote pc repair. :10bux: an hour with no room to advance wasnt cutting it. My two weeks is up and now I'm living off of computer repair ads I post on craigslist. I recently aquired my AS in Network Administration.

Job Seeker

Location: Daytona Beach,FL completely willing to relocate in a heart beat

Area of Expertise: General I.T. and networking, knowledgeable in Linux however learning at my own pace.

Education: AS in Network Administration, A+ cert next month.

Experience: I've spent almost 5 years in my spare time doing standard pc repair, the rest of my experience is in the Food industry as a Server.

Looking for: Full time. Relocate me. I need a start anywhere were I can talk to people. I enjoy driving. Entry level, I'll take up anything on here. Please take me and mold me to what you want. I'm sick of dead end jobs.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Not my company, but a role I wasn't interested in is open with a company called Recruitics in NYC: http://www.indeed.com/promo/url?url...99rv1u7p0n1s6a0

Basically, it was described as 70% helpdesk, 30% sysadmin/IT manager. Seems like a good role if you've got experience and a cert or two and want out of helpdesk.

The guy I talked to mentioned that it's around 150 users, growing to 200, across 12 locations in the US. They plan on growing, and he mentioned that while it does involve helpdesking, they may look to hire a pure helpdesk person after 12 months or so. YMMV, grain of salt, etc. but I figured I'd circulate the posting in case people are interested.

Apply via the link or if you prefer, PM me your email; I'll forward your name/contact info directly to the guy.

Salary range is $70-75k but they could flex up to $90k for the right candidate.

MJP fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 29, 2014

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I have spent the last 3 years being a embedded Linux programmer with some experience in non-os embedded programming as well. Currently work is ramping down and I need another job ASAP as I like to be able to put food on the table for my family.

Job Seeker

Location: Boise, ID I am willing to relocate anywhere in the world in a heart beat (my family and I all have valid up to date passports.)

Area of Expertise: Embedded Linux is my main area of expertise. Mainly in board bring up, u-boot/ubl(for older TI processors), kernel driver writing/maintaining/modification. I write code all day in C/C++ and of course Bash as well,.

Education: Some college experience at the College of Western Idaho.

Experience: 3 years of embedded Linux projects, which included everything from the design of the boards to the finished product. 6 months of non-os embedded programming which included USB stack integration, RS485 programming, and GPIO/PLL programming as well.
I also did a short stint at Micron Technologies writing a module for memory management for the Kernel as well. This involved overwriting functions in the kernel without touching the code itself.

Looking for: Full time, contract work, remote, relocate me for all I care, I need a job! I am perfectly capable of doing system administration work as well!

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
Job Seeker

Area of Expertise: Full stack .NET programming.

Education: An AA and most of a BSc. I got a job before I graduated. Ask about the story sometime!

Experience: Over 2 years of .NET full stack development, be it desktop stuff with WPF or MVC with or without knockout. I've also done plenty of web forms when I was working in maintenance roles. I've done everything from regular ole web dev, to SQL janitoring, to CSS nazi, to twitter boostrap surgeon, to console app monkey, and everything inbetween. I've debugged remotely and locally, I've configured (with varying degrees of coercion) IIS to work with new and old pages and web apps, and I also remember CS fundamentals like what a stack frame and a linker is. Algorithms and data structures aren't just buzzwords from CTCI, either. I regularly tutor people for side cash and to meet new people, and help co workers as often as I can. I had to teach git to my boss at one job. Everyone knew how to merge but everyone feared pushing a revert commit for some reason. I've also since been a team git-guy and fixed many a bad merge.

I've done agile, I've worked completely independently, I've released my own stuff and had to go through code reviews and dev/uat/qa builds before formal pushes. The only thing I haven't done on the job is bust out a memory profiler, write system software, or lead a team - yet.

Looking for: A software development job with benefits and a nice work/life balance. I'm also getting serious about getting into configuration management/continuous integration, and would love to take on that responsibility. As far as location, somewhere to put down some roots - big cities with good metro areas - are ideal.

Space Whale fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 21, 2015

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Nope.

Sylink fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jan 11, 2015

wetfeet2000
Jan 24, 2007

It's this big
There are a few open positions at my company, and these positions have been open a while now!

Who are we?
InfoGard Laboratories. We act as a third party lab for validating against various requirement bodies (FIPS 140-2, PCI, Common Criteria) Website is here: http://www.infogard.com/

Where are we?
San Luis Obispo, CA. A small town next to the coast, right in-between San Francisco and LA.

What are we looking for?
Security Engineers and Technicians with 2-4 years of CS (or related) experience or degree. As a Security Engineer you will be managing 2-3 month-long evaluations of products against a set of requirements. This includes report writing, testing, communication with customers, source code review, and vulnerability analysis. As a technician, you will be managing less and testing more.

For the full posting, browse to the Careers section on the website, http://www.infogard.com/careers

How do I apply?
E-mail your resume to hr@infogard.com and if you need more info you can PM me.

What else?
There is a 401(k) plan and and Health Insurance, and you start out accruing 100 hours/year of PTO. Work environment matches the city, that is to say casual.

wetfeet2000 fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 6, 2015

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
So I just deployed a startup concept that I'm calling ComBoards. It's a semi-private job board for a specific community. Think Craigslist but for facebook groups, message boards, blogs, and industry groups. Also without the general classifieds (yet?).

Here's a board for SH/SC: http://comboards.com/k/h9px3QCGIw

You can see my listing over in the Resumes section.

It's spartan because it's meant to be embedded in other sites. I also just finished MVP today after doing a bit of light work on prototyping over the holidays, so I'm sure there are many missing features and possibly a few bugs.

It might be an easier to browse way to manage the SA jobs posts?

I'm trying to gauge interest, and if there is interest and potential, I'll put more work into clearing my icebox. If anyone wants to admin the community I created for this post, let me know.

Thoughts?

TheGreenBandit
Dec 22, 2006

President of the United States of Boogers
We are looking for someone to take over management of one of our City's applications. This is a temporary part-time position (no benefits) though I suppose there is a small possibility of it eventually becoming a full position based on projected need and budgets.

Who we are: A small-medium sized city government.

Where we are: San Luis Obispo, CA

The Position: Titled DBA, the position is DBA/Application Manager. You would be managing our City's permitting and planning application and the contractors who implemented it, to further tune it to the needs of our planning and permitting staff.

Who we're looking for: Someone capable of managing expectations as much as databases and code. This project was initially doomed from lack of project ownership, and though it went live it still suffers from various issues. Your role would be to take ownership of the project and work with various stakeholders to get things back on track.

The Pay: $30.55 - $36.66 Hourly (No benefits)

Apply: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/slobispo/default.cfm?action=viewjob&JobID=1034099

PM me with questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
AUSTRALIAN JOB

A VERY RARE full-time position has opened up in my team, for an Arcsight technical professional. You will be working 100% with Arcsight, maintaining its health in an environment with 3 consoles, ~30 loggers, ~60 connectors, and lots... and lots... and lots... of devices.

Who we are: A global company managing Arcsight for an Australian financial company.

Where we are: Sydney, Australia.

The Position: Arcsight Security Engineer

Who we're looking for: Somebody who is intimately familiar with Arcsight administration, maintenance, etc.

The Pay: Band 7 (technical services professional), depending on your skill and how much you convince management you're needed, $60k - $90k. Standard Australian full-time benefits.

Apply: Through me. The job will be online tomorrow, but they're not looking at applications unless they come from recommendations.

I don't know how international hires / visas and all that work, so don't ask me any of that stuff if you're not from Australia.

Gelob
Jun 9, 2006

Who are we?
FireHost, the leader in Secure Cloud Hosting who delivers hosting solutions to eCommerce, SaaS, healthcare IT and security companies around the world.

Where are we?
Richardson, TX

What are we looking for?
There are a variety of positions open from the technical and sales side. Just because a position is under growth doesn't mean its not technical.

Here are some of the open positions:

Technology
Incident Management Engineer
Service & Support Manager
Senior Implementation Engineer
Support Engineers L1 - L3 including but not limited to Linux and Windows specialists
Growth
Acquisition Sales Executive
Client Architect
Client Executive
Client Implementation Manager
Lead Qualifier

That is just a sample of open positions and all the information you could ever want is on our website.

What Else?
FireHost is an awesome place to work and they really care about their employees. The company is full of super smart people with a 'Leave your ego at the door" attitude. We have really good benefits and free lunch every day :munch:. Relocation Assistance is available. More specific benefit information is on the website. If you have any questions let me know.

How to Apply
I would appreciate if you could send me a PM with your resume and the position(s) you are interested in. I will send it to careers@firehost.com internally so I can possibly earn a referral bonus. If you don't want to do that then just apply on the website as we are growing fast and need new faces to help us out.

Floor Pie
Apr 17, 2002

Who are we?
A large vidya game maker.

Where are we?
Austin, TX

What are we looking for?
.NET lead engineer
  • A minimum of 6 years’ experience working on the .NET platform, including experience with .NET 4.5
  • Strong knowledge of async and parallel programming with .NET 4+ (TPL)
  • Experience working in high-performing teams through the entire development lifecycle
  • Experience debugging and performance tuning applications and services
  • Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or a related field
  • Excellent written and verbal communications skills
  • Working knowledge of various SDLC methodologies (waterfall, agile)

How to Apply
Message me if interested and we'll go from there!

KoB
May 1, 2009
Sorry, wrong thread.

The Dreamer
Oct 15, 2013

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Job Seeker

Area of Expertise: IT Support

Education: Bachelor of Business Administration / Management Information Systems

Experience: 10+ years of customer service experience. CompTIA A+, Network+, and Security+ certifications. 8 years of being the local "Computer Expert" in my little podunk town so I have experience troubleshooting hardware and software on PCs running Windows Operating Systems. Some experience with Ubuntu from using it as my default laptop OS and running Ubuntu Server as the OS for my NAS. Also currently self-studying Linux with the EDx Intro to Linux course. Basic SOHO network troubleshooting and installation.

I also have some experience designing and developing basic websites for local businesses and organizations around town. Familiar enough with HTML, CSS, Sass, JavaScript, jQuery, PHP, and Wordpress to put together a decent looking responsive website.

Looking for: Basically anything IT related that isn't just answering calls and following a script. Preferably in a place with a grocery store. Just looking to get an actual IT related job and get out of where I currently live.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

edit: sorry, wrong thread

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
For a second there I thought there was actually a job posting for sober sitters. Oh well.

Erotic Crab
Oct 16, 2004

*BBRRRR* It's cold in here!
My startup is hiring a Back-End Engineer in NYC

DESCRIPTION
Build out our automated systems for API integration and interaction with 3rd party connected devices (iBeacons, wearables, smart objects, etc).
Develop our open API and device registration system. Build towards contextual, persona-based information delivery.

• Knowledge of (or eagerness to learn): Node.js, MongoDB, Express, Git
• Nice to have: Redis, Ubuntu, Hadoop, Elasticsearch

COMPENSATION
Full Time
$80K – $100K Salary
0.4% – 0.4% Equity

WHY US?
IF is a Public Benefit Corporation. We believe in open source and transparency.
Our culture embraces diversity, we value a collaborative environment with lots of challenges that require creative solutions. We like walking-breaks, snacks and cats. We’re flexible about time as long as you get work done.
You’ll be joining us in our office in Flatiron, Manhattan NYC. When employees join full time, they receive:
• Stock options with vesting interest
• Health insurance
• Flexible scheduling

APPLY
Email me: jrbaldwin@interfacefoundry.com

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

The MSP I work for is hiring a computer janitor

Where: Denver metro area
What: Primarily on-site tech making service calls as necessary, working from home otherwise. Standard T1-T2 work with no script and an absolute requirement for ability to follow agreed upon procedures and interact excellently with customers
Pay: No idea

PM me for details or post here if you don't have them

Cazlab
Oct 25, 2003

Urgent job opening in the Atlanta area for a frontend developer.
Remote potential as well.

http://www.reddit.com/r/atljobs/comments/2sf61f/senior_level_css_javascript_developer/

I was told by my friend that people shouldn't be intimidated by all the mentioned technologies and they are mostly nice to haves, and the real requirements are being handy at css and javascript.

""""
Toolbox No. 9 is currently seeking a web and mobile application developer. As a developer at Toolbox you’ll have an opportunity to develop highly visual and innovative applications. You’ll get to work with awesome people using modern technologies including Javascript frameworks such as Angular & Backbone, iOS, Android, Advanced CSS, Node, Ruby-on-Rails, and more.

This role will:

Create code so pretty you’ll want to put it on your fridge.
Interact, code, and play nicely with UX designers and other front-end, server-side and mobile developers.
Drive super important technology decisions for internal and client projects.
Interface daily with our super-friendly and competent project managers to lead projects and manage strategy.

The ideal candidate:

Loves the whole development stack and has a strong background developing applications with a focus on Interaction Design.
Enjoys leading development initiatives and interacting directly with clients.
Has 2+ years experience working as a web or mobile application developer or a degree in Computer Science.
Has a sense of humor.
Kicks butt at Foosball, Ping-Pong, Bowling, and/or Flip-Cup.

HTML5/CSS/Javascript Skills

Ninja with fundamental Javascript
Ridiculously awesome at making things look great using CSS
Knowledge of DOM manipulation with jQuery

Working knowledge of Javascript-based Libraries such as Angular and Backbone

To apply for this position, please email your resume and links to work examples to jobs@toolbox9.com

For more information visit toolbox9.com

"""

bestbrents
Dec 2, 2002

Pillbug

Cazlab posted:

Urgent job opening in the Atlanta area for a frontend developer.
Remote potential as well.

http://www.reddit.com/r/atljobs/comments/2sf61f/senior_level_css_javascript_developer/

I was told by my friend that people shouldn't be intimidated by all the mentioned technologies and they are mostly nice to haves, and the real requirements are being handy at css and javascript.

""""
Toolbox No. 9 is currently seeking a web and mobile application developer. As a developer at Toolbox you’ll have an opportunity to develop highly visual and innovative applications. You’ll get to work with awesome people using modern technologies including Javascript frameworks such as Angular & Backbone, iOS, Android, Advanced CSS, Node, Ruby-on-Rails, and more.

This role will:

Create code so pretty you’ll want to put it on your fridge.
Interact, code, and play nicely with UX designers and other front-end, server-side and mobile developers.
Drive super important technology decisions for internal and client projects.
Interface daily with our super-friendly and competent project managers to lead projects and manage strategy.

The ideal candidate:

Loves the whole development stack and has a strong background developing applications with a focus on Interaction Design.
Enjoys leading development initiatives and interacting directly with clients.
Has 2+ years experience working as a web or mobile application developer or a degree in Computer Science.
Has a sense of humor.
Kicks butt at Foosball, Ping-Pong, Bowling, and/or Flip-Cup.

HTML5/CSS/Javascript Skills

Ninja with fundamental Javascript
Ridiculously awesome at making things look great using CSS
Knowledge of DOM manipulation with jQuery

Working knowledge of Javascript-based Libraries such as Angular and Backbone

To apply for this position, please email your resume and links to work examples to jobs@toolbox9.com

For more information visit toolbox9.com

"""

I have a friend who works here, and she says its a solid company.

joe944
Jan 31, 2004

What does not destroy me makes me stronger.
Hiring Jr/Mid level Linux Sysadmin for a web operations team.

DESCRIPTION
I'm currently the operations technical lead for Friend Finder Networks, and have an open position for a jr/mid level sysadmin. The company has been around for 20 years and dabbles in mostly social networking and porn. We also own Penthouse. Looking for either a solid mid level linux sysadmin or an eager Jr. with solid linux chops who wants to learn.

Being familiar with the following would be beneficial.

• Apache webservers, git, puppet, cfengine, load balancing, general unix troubleshooting

Sunnyvale, CA (Moving to Campbell in June)

COMPENSATION
Full Time
Jr (50k-70k ) Mid (70k-100k) I'm not 100% sure on what the pay ranges are but these should be close.
WHY US?
Working on an operations team for a medium sized company, which means a decent budget for toys, but no siloing, so you can get your hands dirty with lots of different technologies. Laid back atmosphere but not to the point of being silly, we do value professionalism. Also, porn.

• Usual variety of benefits.
• Catered breakfast/lunch 4 days/week.
• Pick your own schedule, we're flexible.

If you have any questions feel free to email me.

APPLY
Email me: jruggiero@gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mouse Cadet
Mar 19, 2009

All aboard the McEltrain
Next Stop: Atlanta
Who are we?
A health care benefits and consulting company

Where are we?
Orlando (UCF area)