Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
it sounds like a great idea, LA is already a visual treat, I use an ssd now for my favorite games, so I think I am a bit biased though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
So no more cached shaders it is then.

The majority of the features will have to wait until the end of the year (porting them from OGSE) while stuff like displacement map tessellation and HBAO+ I'll do myself.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
If nividia has not hassled you to update your drivers yet, there appears to be a new AA system they have employed.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Nails posted:

I dunno man, Psychic ghost fetus that breathes fire was also pretty far up there too. I'm kind of afraid to see how deep the rabbit hole goes. :stare:

Psh, that thing's easy to beat out. Dash to the stairs and shoot it as it comes down.

You'll run into three more when you go to the Monolith control center and have to take out the hologram ring. Just hang around outside the door and pop the beacons from there, those fire spawners won't come after you. Once you're inside though without destroying the beacons, the door shuts and traps you in

Yantar's lab was creepy at first because I was expecting something that went on for a long while. By far the one in the Dark Valley is the creepiest, worst one when it comes to freak out. Just wait till you shut off the brain Scorcher

Oh yeah, doi, original reason for popping in. Invited a coworker to give it a go and he got hooked. Trouble is he's one of those stubborn players that decided to stay put and fight it out. I can't get it through to him that sometimes in Stalker, you just gotta run like a bitch.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 19, 2014

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS
I'm super close to the end and kind of ready to put SOC to bed, because I've been playing it for 47 hours and I want to finish the campaign. I'm having a pretty tough time with the end of The Red Forest because I'm playing on Master mode, and everything is tearing my rear end up. I'm at the part where you have to get to the end and go to the train car. Once I start approaching the base, all of the weird illusions combined with the Monolith dudes and random snipers that can blow my head off in one shot are making this close to impossible. I'm playing the ZRP mod, and I've got the H&K G36, SSP-9M/Ghost Suit, Big Ben, grenades and the SVU on me. I've got like 200+ normal rounds and AP rounds for the G36, but barely anything for the SVU. I've also noticed that it seems like for a sniper rifle, the SVU doesn't hit the mark that often, even when I'm crouched all the way down. Anybody got any advice as far as recommended load out for weapons, suit, artifacts, and maybe where I can get that stuff to make this a little less painful? I've been trying to clear this for a couple of hours, and I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Nails posted:

I'm super close to the end and kind of ready to put SOC to bed, because I've been playing it for 47 hours and I want to finish the campaign. I'm having a pretty tough time with the end of The Red Forest because I'm playing on Master mode, and everything is tearing my rear end up. I'm at the part where you have to get to the end and go to the train car. Once I start approaching the base, all of the weird illusions combined with the Monolith dudes and random snipers that can blow my head off in one shot are making this close to impossible. I'm playing the ZRP mod, and I've got the H&K G36, SSP-9M/Ghost Suit, Big Ben, grenades and the SVU on me. I've got like 200+ normal rounds and AP rounds for the G36, but barely anything for the SVU. I've also noticed that it seems like for a sniper rifle, the SVU doesn't hit the mark that often, even when I'm crouched all the way down. Anybody got any advice as far as recommended load out for weapons, suit, artifacts, and maybe where I can get that stuff to make this a little less painful? I've been trying to clear this for a couple of hours, and I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall.

Hahahaha, ahhhh, man. You haven't even started the road to Pripyat yet. "Put SOC to bed". My recommendation for the end of the game is always to find a VSS or VAL and go hog wild with silenced rifles, but others might have better advice.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

MadBimber posted:

Hahahaha, ahhhh, man. You haven't even started the road to Pripyat yet. "Put SOC to bed". My recommendation for the end of the game is always to find a VSS or VAL and go hog wild with silenced rifles, but others might have better advice.

Oh, poo poo. I eyeballed a guide to see how much I had left, and it only listed three parts, so I figured maybe I was pretty close. So much for that. I really enjoy the game, but since I've been trying to get through this section it's just not going well at all. Maybe I'd be better off putting my tail between my legs, and ditching this section until I find some higher end artifacts. I found an SVD during my approach to the base, but then while I was trying to work my way towards the bunker a handful of dudes swept in from behind me and one came around the corner and sprayed my face off.

I had a pretty good time going through the rest of the game on this difficulty, but the fights with Monolith are starting to kill my fun a little.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

So I installed Clear Sky for the first time and I've heard the vanilla experience is pretty lackluster. Does anyone have a download link for TFW? (Unless it's Clear Skies linked in the OP).

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

MadBimber posted:

This, if you haven't already, go run some missions for Duty and they'll give you a VSS rifle. By all means keep this and use as a sniper. If you can find rounds that are marked as tracers it makes it all the more awesome because you can watch the trajectory through the scope. This rifle kicks the pants off those heavy snipers any day.
Get yourself a G36 and maybe a rifle that uses the bloc ammo, but you shouldn't need it with the VSS and nato weapons around.
Ditch your pistol, they're useless.
When it comes to getting through the RF, take your time, don't rush, scopes and binoculars are your friends. Try to snipe rather than get in full blown shootouts. While they're not much good in open spaces, get yourself an exo suit, it'll help you a lot when you're leaving the Brain Scorcher. You think it's tough going now, Pripyat and beyond is gonna be a nightmare.

Nails posted:

I found an SVD during my approach to the base, but then while I was trying to work my way towards the bunker a handful of dudes swept in from behind me and one came around the corner and sprayed my face off.

I had a pretty good time going through the rest of the game on this difficulty, but the fights with Monolith are starting to kill my fun a little.

When you get there where the last sandbag barricade is on the road there's that pointless wall on the right. On the other side of that hill is an opening in the fence that the Monolith guys will use to get your rear end. You can use it too, but the radiation there is bad, like as soon as the gieger starts clicking it warns you the level's too high. Best to find some cover and wait them out a bit once you raise the alarm. Or you can skip that stuff and use the fallen tree on the wall to scale over and end up right next to the train car before they get around the wall and engage you. Sometimes it's best to just avoid what you can rather than the scorched earth policy. Then you can leave the majority of them to duke it out with the military invasion when you leave and hopefully they'll knock each other off to a few remaining for you to mop up and grab some awesome little upgrades

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 20, 2014

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

fennesz posted:

So I installed Clear Sky for the first time and I've heard the vanilla experience is pretty lackluster. Does anyone have a download link for TFW? (Unless it's Clear Skies linked in the OP).

I just reinstalled it and threw Arsenal Overhaul onto it (which includes Clear Sky Complete, which fixes and adds some good stuff), really enjoying the replay, Arsenal Overhaul adds a bunch of neat-o guns and a few suits and NPC variations which makes it feel a lot less like seeing the same clones around everywhere. Clear Sky was the first game of the series I played (because I figured hell, I'll play them chronologically) and is actually probably my favorite, even though I've gotten more playtime out of Shadow of Chernobyl. I'm guessing most people here are bored of the story at this point with the hundreds of hours they've put into the series and are just running free roam style mods, but I'll always love Scar's part in the story even if it is mildly insignificant.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Dvsilverwing posted:

I just reinstalled it and threw Arsenal Overhaul onto it (which includes Clear Sky Complete, which fixes and adds some good stuff), really enjoying the replay, Arsenal Overhaul adds a bunch of neat-o guns and a few suits and NPC variations which makes it feel a lot less like seeing the same clones around everywhere. Clear Sky was the first game of the series I played (because I figured hell, I'll play them chronologically) and is actually probably my favorite, even though I've gotten more playtime out of Shadow of Chernobyl. I'm guessing most people here are bored of the story at this point with the hundreds of hours they've put into the series and are just running free roam style mods, but I'll always love Scar's part in the story even if it is mildly insignificant.

Thanks I'll check it out! I guess it'd be a good excuse to play Complete and then do another playthrough with TFW.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS
[quote="SocketWrench" post="437931320"]
This, if you haven't already, go run some missions for Duty and they'll give you a VSS rifle. By all means keep this and use as a sniper. If you can find rounds that are marked as tracers it makes it all the more awesome because you can watch the trajectory through the scope. This rifle kicks the pants off those heavy snipers any day.
Get yourself a G36 and maybe a rifle that uses the bloc ammo, but you shouldn't need it with the VSS and nato weapons around.
Ditch your pistol, they're useless.
When it comes to getting through the RF, take your time, don't rush, scopes and binoculars are your friends. Try to snipe rather than get in full blown shootouts. While they're not much good in open spaces, get yourself an exo suit, it'll help you a lot when you're leaving the Brain Scorcher. You think it's tough going now, Pripyat and beyond is gonna be a nightmare.

When you get there where the last sandbag barricade is on the road there's that pointless wall on the right. On the other side of that hill is an opening in the fence that the Monolith guys will use to get your rear end. You can use it too, but the radiation there is bad, like as soon as the gieger starts clicking it warns you the level's too high. Best to find some cover and wait them out a bit once you raise the alarm. Or you can skip that stuff and use the fallen tree on the wall to scale over and end up right next to the train car before they get around the wall and engage you. Sometimes it's best to just avoid what you can rather than the scorched earth policy. Then you can leave the majority of them to duke it out with the military invasion when you leave and hopefully they'll knock each other off to a few remaining for you to mop up and grab some awesome little upgrades
[/quoute]

Thanks, I will definitely try that. Any idea where I can go for a guarenteed Night Star and an exosuit? I'm going to try going back and trading the Ghost Suit for that special armor the scientist has, and then I'm going to take my G36 and go looking for the VSS, the exosuit, and some new artifacts. I'm guessing The Garbage is the best place to go artifact hunting, but I was thinking maybe there's other places better to look for endgame artifacts, or possibly since the anomolies are pretty randomized, I'm just going to have to put on my big boy pants and hope for the best.

I think once I've got that stuff, I'll be okay to try my luck at the rest. I'll start with the Duty missions for sure though, that seems like a good idea.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
What I do is grind a bit. Grab up valuables off the dead and trade them to earn enough for the exo. There's no place you'll just find one that I know of before you get to the end of the sarcophagus mission. You can always load a dead body with stuff and drag it to a spawn point, but moving the stuff you stashed in it will require taking what you can carry, pop to the other map and stash it, rinse and repeat.

A Skat-9 suit works almost as well as an exo and is cheaper, allows you to sprint....but when you're stuck in a concentrated gun fight it doesn't seem to hold up as well even though it's only like 10% less bulletproof. But it does a good job of protecting against radiation so topping it off with a Crystal or something should keep ya clean (If you're still on good terms with Freedom and haven't already, go to the bloodsucker village in the warehouse map and clean the bloodsuckers out, talk to the three guys by the barn and they'll send you to the Freedom base to see Skinflint, he rewards you a crystal for it. Also inside one of the buildings the suckers are hiding in is a hole in the floor, inside are a bunch of rifle grenades for the soviet launcher and a Bulldog nato launcher you can run back to Duty to finsih your first task, the reward is Duty's universal protection suit. This will save you the 'talk to Chef' crap*)

Agroprom will give you lots of artifacts in the field heading to the military section, in the hills and the rail tunnel, and back in the radioactive swamp.
Garbage is ok for artifact hunting too as long as you have enough poo poo to last out the radiation on top of the garbage piles. There's a few all grouped together back behind a small camp and some pipes where the bandits spawn from with your "protect the garbage/Bess" task, don't waste your effort. They're there to tempt you to try but are surrounded by a near solid wall of anomolies. Make sure you waste the bandits that try taking over the hangar and usually hang around the road to the Agroprom, they usually carry artifacts on at least one guy.
Dark valley will have a few (I'm sure you already grabbed up the ones near the spawn point) in stashes so do your duty soldier, wipe those bandits out.

As for a night star...short of getting to Pripyat, you might find one at the Agroprom or ask to run a mission from Baldy who hangs out as part of the crowd in the Bar. His "kill the stalker" mission rewards you with a night star.

*2nd mission from Duty is the enhanced rifle that's guarded by mercs on the far side of the bloodsucker village, might as well grab that while you're there cleansing the buildings. This gets you a VSS and ammo. Most of the rest of the missions result in money and ammo of some form. There's another Duty guy as you enter their section in the Bar take a right all the way back, he'll give you a mission to kill a stalker and rewards a universal protection suit. The stalker is with Freedom so you might wanna roll one or two of the gas cans around the freedom base over to him and blow his rear end up, that way you don't piss off Freedom.

Don't worry about the bulldog (if you really want it that bad there's a second in the Freedom armory) or the enhanced sniper rifle, both are fairly useless once you've got a VSS or the nato grenade launcher from the Freedom armory.

Freedom also has an awesome armory full of useful poo poo. There's a few ways to get there. Rip your hair out trying to roll a gas can inside to blow the sentry up, shoving one of the chairs over to him to exploit the crouch jump to jump around him...or supposedly (as in I've never managed to make it work but others say it can be done) crouch and knife the fucker with the right mouse button. Supposed to be quiet enough none of the others notice. Knife the lock off the gate and bam, Christmas in the Zone.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

SocketWrench posted:

Awesome advice

Thanks for this! That helps me set some goalposts for things to get and try out before I head back. It sounds like if I do at least a few of those things, it'll make my life a little easier.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
VSS is one of the best guns in SoC hands down, plus you get to practice with bullet drop physics since the bullet is so slow. Aiming 10 feet above someone's head and having it drop perfectly into a headshot is so satisfying :swoon:

Plus you can actually see the bullet in flight, it's seriously awesome. The Tunder/Groza is great too, I forget if you can mount a PSO scope on them (I remember doing it and it looks hilariously awkward) but it kicks rear end against any human enemies. It's not so good against swarms of mutants though.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
I use Complete right now with some other self hacked mods...so I'm not sure whether it works in vanilla, but yeah, the same scopes that attach to the AKs attach to the Groza and make it a nice kick rear end little gun. The G36 seems to out perform it though, and the ammo's much more common. Eventually you'll get the chance to snatch up a FT-200M. It's a great gun but is real finicky and turns to an unreliable hunk of scrap after slight wear. Don't waste your time with the infamous Gauss gun either, it's about as accurate as any of the heavy snipers and the ammo is so rare (only find it on dead Monolith snipers) you'll burn through it almost instantly and the gun is really damned heavy to the point with it drawn you can't sprint

glitch manipulation below
Another glitch with the game works on your rifle grenades. As long as you have one loaded, switch back to rifle and head to a spawn point and swap to the launcher as you cross to load the next map. Once you're on the other map, if done right it loads 30 grenades. Get to your inventory and unload your rifle grenades and you'll have a large supply when next you want to rain pain (really awesome for the Nato stuff since you'll likely find a few stashes of it and then that's it while the Soviet stuff crops up on duty guys from time to time you can trade out)

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Nov 21, 2014

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
Stalker TFW:

Shadow of mordor with guns and glitches.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Minarchist posted:

VSS is one of the best guns in SoC hands down, plus you get to practice with bullet drop physics since the bullet is so slow. Aiming 10 feet above someone's head and having it drop perfectly into a headshot is so satisfying :swoon:

Plus you can actually see the bullet in flight, it's seriously awesome. The Tunder/Groza is great too, I forget if you can mount a PSO scope on them (I remember doing it and it looks hilariously awkward) but it kicks rear end against any human enemies. It's not so good against swarms of mutants though.

Unironically one of my favorite parts about using the VSS is the horrendous drop on the cheap pab9 shots. I'm so used to using lovely pab9 rounds with it that I can pop heads at extreme ranges with it like it's nothing. The moment I have to use quality 9x39 rounds that have things like "good accuracy" and "miniscule drop", it all falls apart. I begin to struggle massively using quality ammo so badly that it's like a completely new gun to me that I can't figure out. :v:

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
What version of TFW is everyone using?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Hmm, there is an exo suit before you get to the CNPP. Fang's grave in Pripyat has an upgraded one. It's exactly the same, but has the better night vision. You need to get the coordinates off some random stalker in Yantar. I guess they're on some dead loner in the underground of Yantar when you escape the lab. Since I missed that, just go back and pick off loner stalkers till you get the coordinates. They'll keep spawning in as time passes so long as you wipe the ones out hiding by the burned out bus you hid from the blowout in.

Fun little problem I ran into, I got bored and shot up the duty guys in Yantar. Went back to the Bar and all of them were cool with me. Went back to Pripyat to get Fang's grave stash and the army of Duty there was cool with me till they cleared the monolith out, then they all went hostile...it was...interesting, to say the least. Managed to get to Fang's grave while duking it with Duty and Monolith till the monolith guys were dead, then just waited out the Duty clowns to run through a pile of electro anomolies

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
The OP hasn't been updated in a very long time; what are the current best mods for COP? Are there any that are definite must-plays?

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Mister Bates posted:

The OP hasn't been updated in a very long time; what are the current best mods for COP? Are there any that are definite must-plays?

Misery, but I'd do a playthrough without it first, it barely resembles vanilla gameplay at all.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Dvsilverwing posted:

Misery .. it barely resembles .. gameplay at all.

Omitted the irrelevant parts!

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

Mister Bates posted:

Get Arsenal Overhaul: http://www.moddb.com/mods/arsenal-overhaul

Keep your eye on UWR: http://www.moddb.com/mods/ultimate-weapon-renewal

Misery is a poo poo mod, it just adds a bunch of useless poo poo items to the game with lovely reskinned vanilla weapons.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Mister Bates posted:

I only played a few minutes' worth of Misery and hated it and the general consensus is that it's awful, though there are a couple of people here willing to defend it. Arsenal Overhaul is great if all you want it new weapons. I'd also recommend Shoker, and if you want Russian mods that do crazy things then go for Dead City and that one mod that made nutball random anomalies. I also remember playing Way to Pripyat and enjoying it, but I don't remember any details since it's been a long time.

You could also just go here and check out any mod that looks cool.

NEED TOILET PAPER fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 24, 2014

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Speaking of Arsenal Overhaul I have an unfinished extra addon.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/z28h1exd74yso41/Arsenal_Reloaded.7z

It's designed for use with the Arsenal Overhaul full with Pripyat Reborn addon.

It's not really finished and at this point it's just a resource for modders, I guess, but it shouldn't cause any crashes if you play with it.

Mainly incorporates the Second Way mod, a few ARS features and a few things from elsewhere. I've also added in a special order sequence with Nimble where you can order special 'comfort items' which give bonuses.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Willy Pete posted:

Misery is a poo poo mod, it just adds a bunch of useless poo poo items to the game with lovely reskinned vanilla weapons.

I completely disagree. I'm running an older version of Misery and it's fantastic. Haven't played the newer controversial versions though.

Going through my first Clear Sky run with CS Complete right now and it's loving fantastic. My first night in the Red Forest was easily one of the most tense SoC moments I've had yet. Wandering through the pitch black forest, low on shotgun rounds and then snorks come pouring out of a crevice in front of me :cry:

fennesz fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Nov 24, 2014

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

fennesz posted:

I completely disagree. I'm running an older version of Misery and it's fantastic. Haven't played the newer controversial versions though.

They're probably talking about misery 2.0 since the old (actually good) version doesn't throw appalling numbers of tiny meaningless items at you. The inventory in 2.0 is really dumb.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

fennesz posted:

2.0 is the controversial version that gets all the hate around here. It just sucks, like getting killed by a single hamster level of suck.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Willy Pete posted:

2.0 is the controversial version that gets all the hate around here. It just sucks, like getting killed by a single hamster level of suck.

Glad I never bothered to update it then. :banjo:

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Willy Pete posted:

Oh, so they hate it because they're lovely.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Dvsilverwing posted:

Pretty much. Well, DDraig mostly seems to hate it because he personally hates the people who made it on a primordial level, and Gestalt Intellect is a high-functioning retard who is overwhelmed by inventory clutter, but the rest of them are just bad at it.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Dvsilverwing posted:

I bet your quick save key is pretty worn out.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
I started CS Complete before I give TFW a run, the invisible=invincible bloodsucker mechanic is new for me. I'm still in the swamps and woke form a nap to find two bloodsuckers under the roof I was perched on. Try as I might, I can't put them both down without dying.

I know a weeee bit about basic STALKER modding but where the heck are the mutant .ltx files? Pretty sure it should be \gamedata\configs\m_bloodsucker.ltx for example, but even with Windows set to show hidden stuff it's not there or anywhere else in the game directory.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
They're in configs\creatures

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Measly Twerp posted:

I bet your quick save key is pretty worn out.

So you don't like the mod because it's difficult enough that it requires you to save before and after difficult engagements?

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Dvsilverwing posted:

So you don't like the mod because it's difficult enough that it requires you to save before and after difficult engagements?

I don't like the mod because it sucks any fun out of the game when some random dude you cannot see one shots you with his lovely assult rifle for the hundredth time.

Hence, if you've played it, your quick save key must have taken a right punishment.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
My issues with Misery stem from design factors rather than any sort of real issue with difficulty. The fact that the developers have lied constantly about certain things is another big deal.

They say in their initial design, for example, that having your weapon out may cause other stalkers to attack you. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NO FUNCTION FOR THIS INCLUDED IN MISERY. Believe me, I looked. Extensively.

What it does do is that it will randomly spawn squads in smart terrains that will either be neutral or hostile. This is almost entirely dependent on the RNG and certain achievements, so chances are good you can have a playthrough with virtually no hostile squads, or entirely hostile squads, so different people will usually say things along the lines of "Wow, you had problems? I had none you scrublord :smug:" when it's literally the luck of the draw.

There was also the issue that you're made of paper, and everyone else is made of cardboard. You can shoot unarmed bandits directly in the head and they will not die. Again, luck of the draw.

Add to this the ridiculous damage multipliers applied to the player (I think in the initial release some anomalies had a 20x normal damage multiplier) and none to the actual NPCs and you have situations where even enabling a permanent god mode via scripts or whatever, you can still die.

Misery is so absurd it breaks hardcoded game mechanics.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Ddraig what's your latest TFW addon you have full confidence in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Right now it's just the main release with the texture update that I'm revising because a lot of the thm files etc are causing problems.

Trouble-shooting the random weapon spawn is a pain in the rear end as it doesn't seem to have any logic as to what weapons will crash the game. I'm certain it's to do with classes being mishandled in the packet_utils21.script but trying to figure out which weapons are causing it is a pain.

Right now it's just a process of creating a separate weapon tier system for Monolith, adding each weapon one by one then starting a new game 10 times to see if there's a crash.