Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
You know what is interesting...you can see the EXACT moment you connect to online from SP because the color on the PS4 changes color.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

So is this working yet?

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Sort of? I got into a lobby bymyself first thing this morning. Waiting for a bounty to pass before I try to play with pubs.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

StabMasterArson posted:

So is this working yet?

Not for PS4

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

geeves posted:

Not for PS4

I got into a fully lobby, and was almost immediately disconnected. I managed to get back in but alone in a public lobby.

I managed to get into a full public lobby but it took several tries. :(

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Have they added anything at all to this game besides music? First person mode is wonderful and certainly not just a low effort new camera angle that's awkward and gets you killed on foot and looks terrible in every vehicle. Is there actually anything "new" anywhere besides free content patches for last gen versions that are in fact not actually new?

I saw a cat in single player, is that it?

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

Have they added anything at all to this game besides music? First person mode is wonderful and certainly not just a low effort new camera angle that's awkward and gets you killed on foot and looks terrible in every vehicle. Is there actually anything "new" anywhere besides free content patches for last gen versions that are in fact not actually new?

I saw a cat in single player, is that it?

Haha why did you even buy it then?

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

They added the Backstreet Boys, that's worth $60

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

They added the Backstreet Boys, that's worth $60

It is my one desire to spam the hell out of "I Want It That Way" while in any pubbie vehicle.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
When I finally get the time to turn my PS4 on after a long and bad Sunday it's down for maintenance :v:

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
I have poor impulse control and checked this thread because I wanted to go get the PS4 version, not yet Bro.. not yet...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
The extent to which this game's online is hosed is pretty mind-blowing. Mass drops. NPC cars driving sideways or backwards. Inability to enter any NPC vehicle. the list goes on...

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Is there a list somewhere of popular jobs? I'm noticing that some maps/gametype always have lobbies that fill up while others will stay empty.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Sorry about being poo poo in that dock mission, ILL_MITCH and Scyron. First I get killed when my character refuses to take cover, then I get stuck on one of the enemy boats and get shot in the face. :saddowns:

edit: I think one of you brought up my stealth stat being nearly maxed out. It's not, the stats are showing up all glitched and it's actually my driving stat that is at 90% or so. My stealth sucks, just like all my other skills. :v:

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Nov 23, 2014

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

I have poor impulse control and checked this thread because I wanted to go get the PS4 version, not yet Bro.. not yet...

Impulse control is for pussies. You know you want it.

As badly hosed as online is right now, it just gives me an excuse to run missions solo and race when I can connect to build up my levels and unlocks again. A day off and on of this and here I am at nearly level 20 with my Sultan, Akuma and Sabre back. Unfortunately my Infernus will take awhile..

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I bought a Buzzard so I could solo missions, but apparently, I still haven't unlocked most of the lucrative ones. I need Crystal Clear Out 3.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Anyone on ps3 wanna help me unlock the engine upgrades with races?

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Have they added anything at all to this game besides music?

Yeah.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

OH NO MAN posted:

Sorry about being poo poo in that dock mission, ILL_MITCH and Scyron. First I get killed when my character refuses to take cover, then I get stuck on one of the enemy boats and get shot in the face. :saddowns:

edit: I think one of you brought up my stealth stat being nearly maxed out. It's not, the stats are showing up all glitched and it's actually my driving stat that is at 90% or so. My stealth sucks, just like all my other skills. :v:

No worries, I fell in the ocean next to the boat and no button would let me go back to the surface and so I died.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

The Fresh Prince posted:

Anyone on ps3 wanna help me unlock the engine upgrades with races?

yes

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

sorry, I just woke up from a nap a bit ago, when works for you?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

The Fresh Prince posted:

sorry, I just woke up from a nap a bit ago, when works for you?

now

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
There's racing and fun and functional lobbies, and then six people crash off. Then another six. And then my final batch of six. It's safest to stay inside an active mission.

hot salad
Jun 25, 2005

Did you just say
the word 'scoff'?
if anybody wants to do poo poo (missions, racing, tormenting pubbies, etc.) on PS4 hit me up - PSN: bigblindjeef. That's assuming online is working. I'm in the LLJK crew but the "Join crew members" function is pretty terrible.

e: and Online decided to give my guy a makeover...he is now a white dude, and has a green beard. uh cool?

hot salad fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 24, 2014

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

just tried to go online on ps4 and the game got stuck in an infinite loading screen that i couldn't back out of so i closed the game. bummer.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Chiming in to report my audio is getting pretty crappy, with shudders and outright dropping audio entirely, like over a bad mic or something. I don't know if it is directly effecting gameplay but I have had a few moments with the flying cars, or spawning right in front of me, as well as teleporting vehicles/ crashes due to not synced clients?

I rebuilt my database with not much improvement after 10 minutes of play. I'll try more later tonight, but somehow I feel the game has gotten kind of janky for mp somehow. Maybe it was a hotfix or something on R*s end, not caused via 1.03?

I say it feels good getting to 21, a lot of the game is now opening up again, as well as sticky bombs.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Sorry man I ended up taking a bubble bath and poo poo.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
This is important: I'm Nouveau Riche, as they say... if I buy an Aircraft for so many moneys...(SO MANY!) do I keep it even if it crashes or whatever? Like... is it like my car, in a sense? Will I have it tomorrow? Or the next day? Or the day after? Or if I crash it?

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Feenix posted:

This is important: I'm Nouveau Riche, as they say... if I buy an Aircraft for so many moneys...(SO MANY!) do I keep it even if it crashes or whatever? Like... is it like my car, in a sense? Will I have it tomorrow? Or the next day? Or the day after? Or if I crash it?

Yes, sort of. Obviously it will be destroyed, all it costs you is $200 and an inconvenience of trying to get to where Pegasus places it. That is, if the planes work like the buzzard, marquis, or jetski.

I imagine at the closes run way available. This also does not secure it like a personal vehicle and can be jacked, before you get to it, or leave it somewhere. Leaving it somewhere will also not allow you to order something else from Pegasus.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Nov 24, 2014

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Word. But they aren't one-time use thingies, it sounds like. Cool. Thanks man.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Obstacle What? Is a pretty fun race. Any others that are worth keeping my eye out for?

Rat Supremacy
Jul 15, 2007

The custom title is an image and/or line of text that appears below your name in the forums
Ooh, hello new thread.

I'll likely be online in the UK evening time this week for doing things and general hilarity, probably with some non-goon mates too. What are the current most effective methods to piss off white dots (other than killing them over and over)?

PSN/RSC: RatSupremacy

I'm guess that LLJK is still the current goon crew?

I reckon we need to get a good few people together to play Horse Glue again. That was so much fun.

Rat Supremacy fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 24, 2014

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Rat Supremacy posted:

Ooh, hello new thread.

I'll likely be online in the UK evening time this week for doing things and general hilarity, probably with some non-goon mates too. What are the current most effective methods to piss off white dots (other than killing them over and over)?

PSN/RSC: RatSupremacy

I'm guess that LLJK is still the current goon crew?

I reckon we need to get a good few people together to play Horse Glue again. That was so much fun.

That was 360 only, right?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

How did people make those maps in cut-off areas before? I've tried entering the creator with an SP-unique area changed or opened up to no avail on PS4.

e: WELP lobby crash just as I was going to try to figure out mic VS voice balance

e: If you're on currentgen online and not finding AI cars behaving weirdly, lagging like mad, doing U-turns where they shouldn't like they're at a bath, or that the framerate regularly dies and becomes unplayable once you get up on a tallish building and hanging around doing action, I want to know your secret. I'd jam an SSD into my PS4 if that would fix it. This is ugly and not acceptable and not fun.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Nov 24, 2014

Rat Supremacy
Jul 15, 2007

The custom title is an image and/or line of text that appears below your name in the forums

Kelly posted:

That was 360 only, right?

Nope, it's ported all my creations :)

Does anyone know if turbo is still buggered?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Rat Supremacy posted:

Nope, it's ported all my creations :)

Does anyone know if turbo is still buggered?

I'm glad more people will get to experience the fear and awe that is the Horse Factory.

As for turbo, I don't think they've addressed that. There aren't really patch notes for 1.0.1-3 except the blanket "fixed connection problems". Which they haven't. SP is broken for me as well. But at least I can still create races, etc.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

MrLonghair posted:

How did people make those maps in cut-off areas before? I've tried entering the creator with an SP-unique area changed or opened up to no avail on PS4.

e: WELP lobby crash just as I was going to try to figure out mic VS voice balance

e: If you're on currentgen online and not finding AI cars behaving weirdly, lagging like mad, doing U-turns where they shouldn't like they're at a bath, or that the framerate regularly dies and becomes unplayable once you get up on a tallish building and hanging around doing action, I want to know your secret. I'd jam an SSD into my PS4 if that would fix it. This is ugly and not acceptable and not fun.

@RockstarGames @RockstarSupport Online still doesn't work on PS4. NPC cars move around oddly. Lots of lag. Mass Disconnects. Please fix.

@Feenix7 We're sorry to hear you're having trouble connecting. Please try the troubleshooting here: support.rockstargames.com/hc/articles/20… *MCM

@rockstarsupport @rockstargames this is happening to just about everyone. No ticket. You just need to fix it, please. Thanks.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

MrLonghair posted:

I'm on PS4 with the digital version and have had none of those issues. I'm just experiencing disconnects and such. If I just want to run missions or roam around wrh a buddy, I can do that with nearly zero issue.

No clue what's happening with yours.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

I'm on PS4 with the digital version and have had none of those issues. I'm just experiencing disconnects and such. If I just want to run missions or roam around wrh a buddy, I can do that with nearly zero issue.

No clue what's happening with yours.

I'm shocked you haven't noticed NPC cars acting like those old vibrating magnet football tables. Where they just slide sideways or take turns in a very binary left/forward or right/forward movement. Or have instances where you can't get into any car because you just stand there when you try but don't do anything. Or have all the players in the world freeze. Or any of that stuff. That boggles my mind. Because it seems to be happening to everyone. (PS4 Digital also)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I haven't seen that. I've been having the constant connection issues but not that.
Physical PS4 copy if it means anything.

• Locked thread