Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

quote:

Cora allegedly moaned that she is being "sold short" in the divorce settlement while Ralf allegedly flies his pet dog to St Tropez aboard his private jet whenever he misses him.

I wish I was rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

autism chariot posted:

So you're wife bathes in this like it ain't no thang then?

Who do you think I am? Ralph Schumacher?

I have to work hard to put bananas on the table.

#notblessed

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Whitey Ford posted:

Who do you think I am? Ralph Schumacher?

I have to work hard to put bananas in the nanny.

FTFY.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

800-odd unread posts in the 2014 season thread, worth reading back over it or is it going to be you bunch of sperg lords spazzing over Lewis Sham-ilton?

Here's to the off season, I have a nagging doubt that Button won't be around in 2015 but we'll have to wait and see :( Kinda sucks for the pair of Mclaren drivers to not know their future this late in the year.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

autism chariot posted:

You're bachelordom is showing.

Some of the unguents women rub on themselves might as well be made from raw platinum if the cost is anything to be going by.

Germans can be very strange when it comes to cleaners. I don't know if it's been translated into English but a couple of years ago a Polish cleaner wrote a book on all the strange things her clients did, things like leaving money under the bed to check her honesty and generally treating her like dirt while paying in cash to dodge taxes.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
So, the off season thread is going to be all about what women smear on their faces? I mean, I'm just checking.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

enri posted:

800-odd unread posts in the 2014 season thread, worth reading back over it or is it going to be you bunch of sperg lords spazzing over Lewis Sham-ilton?

Nah, not worth reading if you missed the liveposting during the race.

Here's hoping they can salvage something...I don't see it happening, this is Alonso all over again.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

krushgroove posted:

Nah, not worth reading if you missed the liveposting during the race.

Ta, I'll skip it then, house move means no internet at home for another week yet :(

In a strange twist of fate, I did manage to watch the race live though, one of a handful I've caught live this year (and not promptly fallen asleep trying to watch after 9pm)

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Remember when Alonso used to do like a sort of crab pincer move with both hands during a cool down lap after a win? I hope we see that 20 times next season.

Edit - Ralf must have made some wise investments. I know he made big bucks for a few years but thats a nice fortune he seems to have amassed.

AgentJotun fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Nov 24, 2014

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
So, uhh...looks like McRarren-Honda went off with a fizzle? Wimper perhaps?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzouwIF-5CU

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

krushgroove posted:

Here's hoping they can salvage something...I don't see it happening, this is Alonso all over again.

Michael won 2 titles before moving to Ferrari, thus I conservatively estimate 10 consecutive titles brought to their rightful place in Maranello.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

AgentJotun posted:

Remember when Alonso used to do like a sort of crab pincer move with both hands during a cool down lap after a win? I hope we see that 20 times next season.

Edit - Ralf must have made some wise investments. I know he made big bucks for a few years but thats a nice fortune he seems to have amassed.

IIRC he was the highest paid F1 driver in 2007 because Toyota was managed by idiots.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
So, who has the post stats to the last thread?

And hello off-season thread. Let the arguments, probates and banning's commence.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I just hope that the big 4-5 constructors are a bit more competitive next year, now that everyone knows the Renault engines are shithouse and have had a full season with the 1.6 V6 Turbos. Also less dicknose.

Double points are also confirmed gone yes?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Camoes posted:

I wish I was rich.

If I was i'd just fly a bunch of cats around on a private jet for no reason other than to post #megacatjet

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

So, who has the post stats to the last thread?

And hello off-season thread. Let the arguments, probates and banning's commence.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=whoposted&threadid=3616451

Four time WDC Alain Prost takes the top spot with a tremendous 928 posts, beating out second place poster learnincurve by over 100 posts.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The Croc posted:

If I was i'd just fly a bunch of cats around on a private jet for no reason other than to post #megacatjet

You'd inadvertently make millions off youtube. Once you're rich, getting richer is easy.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Mimetic posted:

Four time WDC Alain Prost takes the top spot with a tremendous 928 posts, beating out second place poster learnincurve by over 100 posts.

Lucky 13, I'll take that as a hint.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Mimetic posted:

I am the Valterri Bottas of the Worst Thread.

I can live with that.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

HJB posted:

Lucky 13, I'll take that as a hint.

That makes you the thread Pastor Maldonado.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Diet Crack posted:

I just hope that the big 4-5 constructors are a bit more competitive next year, now that everyone knows the Renault engines are shithouse and have had a full season with the 1.6 V6 Turbos. Also less dicknose.

Double points are also confirmed gone yes?

Not confirmed but I think everyone's assuming. Did it end up making a difference to any position?

EDIT : Why don't I check, I think the answer is no, although Magnussen requires a tiebreak to beat Kimi whereas before he'd be a point clear.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Ferrari pulls a Ferrari and gives Mattiacci the axe:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116923

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Scud will rise again.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

George Zimmer posted:

That was quick. A change of ownership and a revolving door of managers arent exactly a good sign of stability. Hopefully they will fold like marussia and people can finally stop saying "It wouldnt be f1 without ferrari" when the season starts off without a hitch.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Ross Brawn to Ferrari e5

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
It's nice that Ferrari are well and truly back to their pre Schumacher/Brawn/Todt ways. They really ought to paint the cars a darker red and paint the wings black.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Diet Crack posted:

Ross Brawn to Ferrari e5

This would bump my passive dislike of Ferrari to mild support.

EDIT: Nevermind, forgot about Vettel

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

The Scud will rise again.

It's a wise move.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Falken posted:

It's nice that Ferrari are well and truly back to their pre Schumacher/Brawn/Todt ways. They really ought to paint the cars a darker red and paint the wings black.

Remember how long it took with Schumacher.

Nobody will remember, though, and bitch that they don't win the Championship in their first season. I wasn't exactly a fan of Schumacher and Ferrari in 1996 and I prayed that the days I feared would never come, but I knew they would, and (Schuey busting his leg aside, think he would have taken '99 otherwise) but it still took five seasons.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Kimi is the only Ferrari employee that has made it through this year without being fired.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Kimi status: getting paid.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
Bring back Steve Sunday

#IceCreamSunday

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Dudley posted:

Not confirmed but I think everyone's assuming. Did it end up making a difference to any position?

EDIT : Why don't I check, I think the answer is no, although Magnussen requires a tiebreak to beat Kimi whereas before he'd be a point clear.

Perez got the jump on someone I think.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Dudley posted:

Perez leapfrogs Magnussen and Raikkonen under double points, otherwise there's no place changes, but a few gaps are different.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Perez is all good for next year, right? I thought I heard someone saying that.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Yeah he is. I think he got a podium place last season, so it's no real surprise.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

George Zimmer posted:

ahahahaha yessss this has to be because he let Alonso go. Seriously, what a loving dumbass. Of all the things to change around in that shamble of an organization you ditch Alonso of all people instead of, say, Raikkonen? What?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

simplefish posted:

Yeah he is. I think he got a podium place last season, so it's no real surprise.

I had completely forgotten about this (and had to double check which race - Bahrain), but it serves as a nice reminder of the early Merc engine dominance.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

simplefish posted:

He's got that sweet sweet cartel money too. :ese:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

ahahahaha yessss this has to be because he let Alonso go. Seriously, what a loving dumbass. Of all the things to change around in that shamble of an organization you ditch Alonso of all people instead of, say, Raikkonen? What?

no, the rumors are that mattiaci's appointment was always going to be temporary and that it was meant to groom him for the role di montezemolo held within ferrari (presumably once ferrari is spun off from fiat)

• Locked thread