Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Alright, so Ferrari's new team boss was...

Vice President of Phillip Morris and brand ambassador of Marlboro since 2007. The rep for F1 sponsors on the F1 comission. And a board member of Juventus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

be nice wicka posted:

no, the rumors are that mattiaci's appointment was always going to be temporary and that it was meant to groom him for the role di montezemolo held within ferrari (presumably once ferrari is spun off from fiat)

The rumors now are that Mattiaci is being moved away from Ferrari entirely.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

be nice wicka posted:

no, the rumors are that mattiaci's appointment was always going to be temporary and that it was meant to groom him for the role di montezemolo held within ferrari (presumably once ferrari is spun off from fiat)

Doesn't line up with the rumors that he's been poking around Aston Martin's and McLaren's road car divisions.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Wirth1000 posted:

Of all the things to change around in that shamble of an organization you ditch Alonso of all people instead of, say, Raikkonen? What?

It doesn't seem to make sense at all, unless they wanted Vettel so badly that they were willing to put up with whatever he wanted. Vettle vs. Alonso at Ferrari? Who on earth wouldn't want to see that? Not that it's a new concept to anyone here, but Vettel would look at that team and think, "I would LOVE to race against Raikkonen at Ferrari!"

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

The rumors now are that Mattiaci is being moved away from Ferrari entirely.

that's loving hilarious. ferrari are great. revolving door of mediocre italian businessmen. last time ferrari were good they were run by a frenchman and a brit. hmmmmmmmmmm

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Wasn't that guy in charge of selling Ducatos in NA or something? Always seemed like odd choice for F1 manager.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Eric Bollier manager and Sam Micheal principal ferrari dream team confirmed for 2016.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Bouillier is actually great and would probably do a great job at Ferrari.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Wirth1000 posted:

Alright, so Ferrari's new team boss was...

Vice President of Phillip Morris and brand ambassador of Marlboro since 2007. The rep for F1 sponsors on the F1 comission. And a board member of Juventus.

Juventus are very good so I think this is tremendously good news for Ferrari.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Eric Bollier manager and Sam Micheal principal ferrari dream team confirmed for 2016.

Martin Whitmarsh says hello.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

quote:

Marchionne who made the announcement, making it clear that Mattiacci isn’t just being dropped as team boss, he is out of Ferrari altogether. Something very big has clearly happened in the last week to bring this about with Italian sources scratching their heads as to the cause. Possible suggestions are that Mattiacci had been in discussions with other car manufacturers, but there is nothing firm given as a reason at this point.

lol http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/11/mattiaci-leaves-ferrari-as-arrivabene-arrives-to-spearhead-revival/

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I get the feeling this guy is just product placement for Marlboro. He'll be chain smoking whenever we see him on camera.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

I don't know who here was doing the SA league on fantasyracers.com, but I won and as such I am obviously the best at F1.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I love Honda.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Alonso + Samurai Back Tattoo + Honda is going to sweep 2015.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

I didn't see any mention of Lewis' brief conversation with royalty, but I recall it going something like this...

Prince Harry: :tipshat: "Well done, Lewis, you've made Britain proud!"
Lewis: :byodood: "WOOOOOO! CHAMPION!"

Or something to that effect. I tell you, it's as if he were raised on a couch in the slums like an animal.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I'm going to do the WCC Predictions thing again this season, everyone add your predictions in this spreadsheet!! You have until the start of FP1 in Australia to enter/edit your predictions.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CratSock posted:

I didn't see any mention of Lewis' brief conversation with royalty, but I recall it going something like this...

Or something to that effect. I tell you, it's as if he were raised on a couch in the slums like an animal.

in the slums like an animal = somewhere inbred gingers aren't worshipped as gods

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

be nice wicka posted:

in the slums like an animal = somewhere inbred gingers aren't worshipped as gods

By all accounts Prince Harry is not inbred.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

be nice wicka posted:

that's loving hilarious. ferrari are great. revolving door of mediocre italian businessmen. last time ferrari were good they were run by a frenchman and a brit. hmmmmmmmmmm

Mattiaci is done completely at Ferrari: http://blog.axisofoversteer.com/2014/11/ferraris-epic-shakeup-power-politics-or.html

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Alain Post posted:

Juventus are very good so I think this is tremendously good news for Ferrari.

Its less "Juve good" and more "rest of Italy is utter poo poo"

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Man, it's got to be tough to work for Ferrari, especially as an Italian. I'd constantly have ulcers about the cut and fabric of my suits, the designer that makes my shirts, whether or not my shoes are good enough, the pattern (or lack thereof) on my tie, my haircut, my sunglasses, my belt/suspenders (braces), pinky rings, cigarette brands, ugh Jesus. It's too much stress.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Ferrari seems content to consistently demonstrate that buying a Mercedes B class is better/more prestigious then buying any Ferrari. Its amazing that in an organization devoted to building high performance cars they can't find one person in there to lead a racing team.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

captainOrbital posted:

Man, it's got to be tough to work for Ferrari, especially as an Italian. I'd constantly have ulcers about the cut and fabric of my suits, the designer that makes my shirts, whether or not my shoes are good enough, the pattern (or lack thereof) on my tie, my haircut, my sunglasses, my belt/suspenders (braces), pinky rings, cigarette brands, ugh Jesus. It's too much stress.

If you were an Italian you wouldn't need to worry about all that stuff you'd know how to do it.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
That's the appearance they give. But many of them are secretly worried.

"Brioni: is-a too mainstream?" Staring into the mirror, paralyzed by indecision. It's a common reason for taking days off work in Milan.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

CratSock posted:

They played it out of order. If you actually watch the broadcast they have prince harry on, then its lewis, then the team talking to him then finally introducing Prince Harry.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
If the thing about the 2015 car being even worse is true :holymoley:

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

I think the last thing F1 needs at the moment is dogshit Ferrari, as amusing as they are.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Sulman posted:

I think the last thing F1 needs at the moment is dogshit Ferrari, as amusing as they are.

Too late

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Sulman posted:

Yeah the same guys who came up with the idea "Hey let's build a smaller engine with less power because the aero gains from our wind tunnel that doesn't work will be massive" should really stop making lovely cars.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Sulman posted:

Well, the 2015 car is supposed to be even worse, and they just fired Tombazzis, so...

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

drgitlin posted:

they just fired Tombazzis, so...

Aw man, now the broadcaster here won't have something to spam in every race about that dude and how he's Greek.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/report/22058/9538348/what-was-said-when-lewis-hamilton-quit-mclaren-to-join-mercedes

I won't quote all the best so others can find their favorites, but this one I liked

“Without doubt Hamilton's move is a gamble, especially given his long-stated ambition to win multiple world titles. But with only one in five years at McLaren - likely to be six - and that back in 2008, he must now feel a change is required. For McLaren, losing their big-name star will hurt, but in Perez they are recruiting a potential future world champion” – Ann Gripper, Daily Mirror.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

nsaP posted:

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/report/22058/9538348/what-was-said-when-lewis-hamilton-quit-mclaren-to-join-mercedes

I won't quote all the best so others can find their favorites, but this one I liked

“Without doubt Hamilton's move is a gamble, especially given his long-stated ambition to win multiple world titles. But with only one in five years at McLaren - likely to be six - and that back in 2008, he must now feel a change is required. For McLaren, losing their big-name star will hurt, but in Perez they are recruiting a potential future world champion” – Ann Gripper, Daily Mirror.

"I understand the move. Always you need some new challenges when you get tired from one situation. I think McLaren sometimes is not the easiest place to live, so I think he will be much more happy now in Mercedes than what he was in the past" – Fernando Alonso, Ferrari.

This one seems relevant too.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

drgitlin posted:

Well, the 2015 car is supposed to be even worse, and they just fired Tombazzis, so...

Not that I doubt that next year's Ferrari will be loving terrible (because that sounds likely), but does anyone have any links to leaks/rumors/theories regarding this?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
The 2014 Ferrari's main problem is not even close to being the aero. It's the ridiculously weak and small power unit.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

RALF posted:

Not that I doubt that next year's Ferrari will be loving terrible (because that sounds likely), but does anyone have any links to leaks/rumors/theories regarding this?

Fernaknows Solonggo. :smuggo:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Alonso has truly lost his mind going back to McLaren but Ferrari is such a shithole now that I can't blame him too much.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

El Hefe posted:

Alonso has truly lost his mind going back to McLaren but Ferrari is such a shithole now that I can't blame him too much.

Yeah. It was pretty obvious that he most likely wouldn't win anything if he stayed at Ferrari, but with McLaren he's trying something different. At worst they're as lovely as Ferrari, at best they're gonna be much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

nsaP posted:

Good old Joe Saward.

• Locked thread