Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Arkham Knight gameplay trailer, oh my god, it's so beautiful :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm surprised there haven't been any villain announcements yet.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Look good and I'll definitely pick it up, but something about it--both the plots from the first two games and the weird conceptual blandness of the Arkham Knight--has me understandably weary of the narrative being anything to really write home about.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

That "preorder to play as Harley" thing just reminds me that the Joker challenge maps for AA were PS3 exclusives :argh:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm surprised there haven't been any villain announcements yet.

Well, we've already got Scarecrow (Joker), who is running the Arkham Knight (Joker), plus we know Harley (Joker), Two-Face (Joker), and Penguin (Joker) are running around, too. That Calendar Man thing from before is a good hint that the Joker will also be appearing.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Well, we've already got Scarecrow (Joker), who is running the Arkham Knight (Joker), plus we know Harley (Joker), Two-Face (Joker), and Penguin (Joker) are running around, too. That Calendar Man thing from before is a good hint that the Joker will also be appearing.

Batman's going to visit Joker's grave (which is right next to Jason Todd's grave) to notice that they are both empty and Scarecrow put the bodies in the Lazarus pit and now we've got Batman: Arkham Knight.

The entire game is a nightmare, at the end you wake up an get a call from Commissioner Gordon saying that they've found Joker and you have to apprehend him and take him directly to Arkham Asylum.

Bruce rolls out of bed and mutters, "Looks like I'll be spending another night in Arkham." The emphasis on "night" is an obvious pun, and just before the credits roll, he looks over his shoulder at the camera and winks.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Mogomra posted:

Batman's going to visit Joker's grave (which is right next to Jason Todd's grave) to notice that they are both empty and Scarecrow put the bodies in the Lazarus pit and now we've got Batman: Arkham Knight.

The entire game is a nightmare, at the end you wake up an get a call from Commissioner Gordon saying that they've found Joker and you have to apprehend him and take him directly to Arkham Asylum.

Bruce rolls out of bed and mutters, "Looks like I'll be spending another night in Arkham." The emphasis on "night" is an obvious pun, and just before the credits roll, he looks over his shoulder at the camera and winks.

*INCEPTION HORN BLOWS*

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Orgophlax posted:

*INCEPTION HORN BLOWS THE BATMAN '66 THEME*

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011

The DC logo in the intro looked a lot like Deathstroke's mask. Maybe that's who Arkham Knight is? Would explain what the hell Waller was doing with him at the end of Origins.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Glad to see Batman's fighting style remains as non-lethal as ever.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Kaizer88 posted:

The DC logo in the intro looked a lot like Deathstroke's mask. Maybe that's who Arkham Knight is? Would explain what the hell Waller was doing with him at the end of Origins.

I thought Waller was asking him to be in the Suicide Squad.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Arkham Knight will be Prometheus. He was one of the Riddler scans in AA.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

ZearothK posted:

The safest way to incapacitate someone is to slam their head into a live circuit box and hold them as the electricity empties into their twitching body.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

ZearothK posted:

ToastyPotato posted:

The safest way to incapacitate someone is to slam their head into a live circuit box and hold them as the electricity empties into their twitching body.

Yeah, did I see him open up on some thugs with the chaingun on the Batmobile too?

Holy crap, Batman. Relax.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Mogomra posted:

Yeah, did I see him open up on some thugs with the chaingun on the Batmobile too?

The vehicles are probably going to be all unmanned. But yeah, Batman needs to chill a bit.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Mogomra posted:

They're supposedly armed with rubber bullets or something equally handwavey.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Orgophlax posted:

Arkham Knight will be Prometheus. He was one of the Riddler scans in AA.

This would be unironically non-terrible. My money is on Hush working for/with the Joker though.

Crashbee posted:

Yeah thanks to Frank Miller and people who willfully misunderstand the concept of Batman being a hypocrite, Batman's no-guns rule does not apply at all to when he's driving a vehicle.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Kaizer88 posted:

I'd be very surprised if Arkham Knight had any plot connection whatsoever to Origins considering Rocksteady has all but disowned it.

Dimebags Brain posted:

The vehicles are probably going to be all unmanned. But yeah, Batman needs to chill a bit.

Kevin Smith posted:

Batman's code seems to be "anything shy of killing you."

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Nov 24, 2014

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

This was the mission that they previewed at E3.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

I dunno if I am excited or not anymore. Vehicular combat isn't really drawing me in. It looks kinda clunky tbh.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm not particularly excited about any of the "Tank Mode" bits for the Batmobile but using it as a portable man cannon seems like a delightful new way of getting around, not to mention the transitions for getting into/out of it look really cool

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Crashbee posted:

It also looked like the guys were heavily armored, so the bullets wouldn't necessarily kill. Can't really think of a way around the electrocution bit, unless we're going to take the TMNT route of saying the mooks are robots.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Jurgan posted:

It also looked like the guys were heavily armored, so the bullets wouldn't necessarily kill. Can't really think of a way around the electrocution bit, unless we're going to take the TMNT route of saying the mooks are robots.

"Thanks Batman, you just fixed my pacemaker!"

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Maybe the upgrade to unlock Circuit Box Combat Takedowns is stepping down the power across the city to make it non-lethal.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

hiddenriverninja posted:

This was the mission that they previewed at E3.

No, it's not.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

No, it's not.

Ace chemical? Yeah, it totally is. I played several of those parts.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

ImpAtom posted:

Ace chemical? Yeah, it totally is. I played several of those parts.

Yeah, I've definitely seen sections of this before. Like where Knight has you stuck behind plate glass and surrounded by baddies and you use the Batmobile to get you out. That's the demo, you can see that footage in the trailer.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

blackguy32 posted:

"Thanks Batman, you just fixed my pacemaker!"

Batman's recharging their nightvision goggles so they can find their way out of that dark spooky factory :unsmith:

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Based on the video and the better look at the Arkham Knight, my guess for his identity is Azrael. The original one, not the one we saw in AC. Jean-Paul, I think? The suit looks very much like a meaner version of the Batsuit (it even has pointy ears). If not Jean-Paul, then some member of the Order of St. Dumas gone rogue.

At any rate, I'm not super excited for the Batmobile stuff because I don't typically like vehicle sections in games, but everything else looks fantastic.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I saw a neat theory on GameFAQs that suggested that the Arkham Knight was Anarky.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Doubt it. Anarky doesn't have an interest in body counts or hurting people just for the sake of hurting people. He's not against killing or hurting people when he has to but always for what he sees as the greater good (dismantling the system). Nothing Scarecrow does is for any sort of good and has nothing to do with politics so Anarky wouldn't work for him.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

I really think it's going to be a Lazarus Pit-ified Jason Todd. The line in the trailer about revenge or whatever makes me think that.

Could be a clone too, but for Batman bucks are on Jason Todd.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Mogomra posted:

I really think it's going to be a Lazarus Pit-ified Jason Todd. The line in the trailer about revenge or whatever makes me think that.

Could be a clone too, but for Batman bucks are on Jason Todd.

I thought it was a foregone conclusion. They're offering all kinds of Red Hood(Todd version) stuff like sculptures and DLC for preordering.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Canemacar posted:

I thought it was a foregone conclusion. They're offering all kinds of Red Hood(Todd version) stuff like sculptures and DLC for preordering.

Yeah but I swore they were doing a Star Trek: Into Darkness where they straight up lie to their audience about who the mystery villain's identity is even though it's super obvious to everyone with half a brain, which is why I put my money on Hush even though he's my second choice behind Todd.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
As long as we're speculating I'll put my money on Ra's al Ghul extra crazy and straight out of the Lazarus pit. The League of Assassins would have the resources for the hardware and manpower we're seeing from the Arkham Knight.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It should just be Gordon. The end of the game is him kicking your rear end and then pulling off the mask "See how dumb you look?! Now get that "rubber tank turrets" bullshit off my city and invest that money towards the social benefit of the city!"

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

There's no way Rocksteady is going to make Origins the lynchpin of Arkham Kinght's big mystery.

I also don't buy the whole "He's a new character, no mystery here, muahahah!" song and dance Rocksteady has been doing.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It's mostly likely Hush. After all he did get loose after City. Wouldn't make sense to have JT be the villain considering there is no build up whatsoever on him.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Narcissus1916 posted:

I also don't buy the whole "He's a new character, no mystery here, muahahah!" song and dance Rocksteady has been doing.

And again there is a precedent of Star Trek: Into Darkness where media companies will straight up lie to their customer's faces and then proclaim the reveal was in fact a mystery no one saw the answer to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

bunnyofdoom posted:

I dunno if I am excited or not anymore. Vehicular combat isn't really drawing me in. It looks kinda clunky tbh.

Yeah, I'm really not into the Batmobile combat that they've shown at all. Obviously there could be more to it in the full game but strafe-shoot over and over and over doesn't seem very exciting.

• Locked thread