Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

That's really good. Too bad he went full Libtard afterwards.

VVVV--Getting rid of the yellow weakness was the best thing Geoff Johns ever did for GL.

BottledBodhisvata fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Nov 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
All-Star Batman and Robin also has the sequence where Batman and Robin interrogate the Green Lantern while painted yellow, in a yellow painted room, while drinking some refreshing lemonade. He did it just to be a dick.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I actually just played AO and it was my favorite of the three. The reviews should have been much better but I guess people were judging it against the others rather than on its own and storywise it is a very different game.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
It just feels really unpolished. It's still a buggy mess, the city is flat and boring compared to AC - hell, you can't even reach most of the high places you see - and there are no loving riddles.
edit: VVV Not even Batman bouncing off thin air while gliding? I've got the fully patched Steam version and still keep running into that.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 24, 2014

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ran perfectly on the 360. No crashes. No glitches.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Waltzing Along posted:

No crashes. No glitches.

I don't believe you. I enjoyed origins, but good lord it was buggy. Maybe on the crashes, but glitches? That game has them a dime a dozen.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Speaking of the other Arkham games, they just released a new trailer for Arkham Knight showing off some of the combat and the Batmobile. Don't think there's any spoilers but I'm linking it just the same.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Wow. That looks incredibly stupid. And not in the good way.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Eh, I like the look of the environment, there finally seem to be some tall buildings again. Kinda nonplussed with the car fighting and a big "what the gently caress" at the final little bit about pre-order DLC.
edit: VVV Well, his moveset is in the game for story reasons.
edit2: Oh, Asylum? Didn't know that.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Nov 24, 2014

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
That isn't that far out there if you consider that you could play as the joker in Batman:AA. Only in the challenge maps though.
I think it started as a ps3 exclusive and then was added to the goty version.

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can.
For about everything cool in that trailer there was a questionable counterpart. I was excited by the chain takedown in the predator section. It looks like it could be fun and cut down on some of the tedium of those sections but also look like it might make those sections too easy.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Mr. Highway posted:

look like it might make those sections too easy.

The smoke pellet and proliferate things that explode into smoke clouds already do this. In the original asylum the triple batarang did this. The Arkham games are pretty easily trivialized in general at the expense of looking cool and making you feel like a badass super hero. I'm pretty ok with that.

Kazeite
Dec 27, 2012
Batman's face looks... weird in this trailer. It's like he's... bloated or something.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Kurieg posted:

Speaking of the other Arkham games, they just released a new trailer for Arkham Knight showing off some of the combat and the Batmobile. Don't think there's any spoilers but I'm linking it just the same.

Wow. That looks loving awesome. I'm even more excited now. Hopefully it's as fun to play as it looks and the story is good.

Kazeite
Dec 27, 2012
Going back to LP, the Museum area is the first time when Batman starts to show signs of sickness - you can see some veins on his face now.

And of course, that ninja girl inside display case isn't dressed for the weather too. Apparently protection from elements is part of the training :rolleyes:

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

FoolyCharged posted:

I don't believe you. I enjoyed origins, but good lord it was buggy. Maybe on the crashes, but glitches? That game has them a dime a dozen.

Ehhh, I replayed it a few weeks ago (PC version) and the only real glitches I ran into were in the DLC. Other than the occasional thug ragdoll trying to frantically vibrate its way out of the floor I punched him through, I didn't have an issue with it.

Loads of problems in the DLC though, I deeply regret buying that poo poo.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Kurieg posted:

This... this is a Batman I don't know. Whose Batman is this? Can someone please claim this Batman? I feel awkward leaving this Batman here like this.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

CuwiKhons posted:

Ehhh, I replayed it a few weeks ago (PC version) and the only real glitches I ran into were in the DLC. Other than the occasional thug ragdoll trying to frantically vibrate its way out of the floor I punched him through, I didn't have an issue with it.

Loads of problems in the DLC though, I deeply regret buying that poo poo.

Huh, maybe it was my settings when the AA thread got me to replay the series, because my favorite one was batman's cape physics messing up and sending the cape flailing about every so often when starting a glide. They had fixed the game breaking stuff that was in at launch, though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Man, I'm glad I do most of my gaming on consoles now. Such a better experience.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

FoolyCharged posted:

Huh, maybe it was my settings when the AA thread got me to replay the series, because my favorite one was batman's cape physics messing up and sending the cape flailing about every so often when starting a glide. They had fixed the game breaking stuff that was in at launch, though.

This glitch? Yeah, had that happen a bunch too, although that one at least didn't cause aggravation since it didn't really affect actual flight much. I swear the combat targeting was wackier compared to the other two games also since I had so many combos wrecked by the game suddenly deciding I couldn't launch myself at a target or ignoring my block command for some reason. Most of the bugs were admittedly more annoying than lethal (my two near-crippling ones were in a very heavily scripted area, and possibly one that was finished late in development; I had crashes but they were usually easy to continue past), but I do think the only reason Origins isn't my favorite is just that kind of lack of polish and some odd design choices (like putting huge buildings that have to be maneuvered around in flight with no particular game reason behind the decision, or having to unlock things through challenges that have to be done in a set order rather than just XP).

Apart from those problems though, the storyline and script were awesome (the Joker section post-hotel was glorious, not just in the gameplay aspect but the script writing was just beautiful with him talking about one thing while his audience assumed something else altogether), they did a pretty good job coming up with decent "prequel" differences without aggressively compromising what worked in the series before, and they had really fun "skill vs. skill" fighting segments with Deathstroke and Shiva. It just got brought down by how much of a struggle it was to play the game at times. I just can't get pulled in by great writing and fairly clever fight designs when I'm waiting for my PC to suddenly freeze up in the middle or fighting the controls to get them to do what I want.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Kurieg posted:

What a truly incredible number of canned animations and mini-cutscenes.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

MadDogMike posted:

This glitch? Yeah, had that happen a bunch too, although that one at least didn't cause aggravation since it didn't really affect actual flight much. I swear the combat targeting was wackier compared to the other two games also since I had so many combos wrecked by the game suddenly deciding I couldn't launch myself at a target or ignoring my block command for some reason. Most of the bugs were admittedly more annoying than lethal (my two near-crippling ones were in a very heavily scripted area, and possibly one that was finished late in development; I had crashes but they were usually easy to continue past), but I do think the only reason Origins isn't my favorite is just that kind of lack of polish and some odd design choices (like putting huge buildings that have to be maneuvered around in flight with no particular game reason behind the decision, or having to unlock things through challenges that have to be done in a set order rather than just XP).

Apart from those problems though, the storyline and script were awesome (the Joker section post-hotel was glorious, not just in the gameplay aspect but the script writing was just beautiful with him talking about one thing while his audience assumed something else altogether), they did a pretty good job coming up with decent "prequel" differences without aggressively compromising what worked in the series before, and they had really fun "skill vs. skill" fighting segments with Deathstroke and Shiva. It just got brought down by how much of a struggle it was to play the game at times. I just can't get pulled in by great writing and fairly clever fight designs when I'm waiting for my PC to suddenly freeze up in the middle or fighting the controls to get them to do what I want.

I disagree with just about all of this- especially saying the Shiva fight was good.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I like this LP but I have to say it's really annoying to have LEVEL UP flashing at the top of the screen for literally the majority of the video.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

bewilderment posted:

I like this LP but I have to say it's really annoying to have LEVEL UP flashing at the top of the screen for literally the majority of the video.

Definitely. Please use your level up as soon as you get it unless you are waiting for something specific.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

bewilderment posted:

Waltzing Along posted:

Definitely. Please use your level up as soon as you get it unless you are waiting for something specific.

You guys are going to hate the next few videos for which I apologize in advance. Fact is I was waiting for something specific but I forgot when it unlocked. I'll do my best in the future.

Anyway. Happy Thanksgiving jerks! The first predator section here takes me a while because I keep trying to get fancy and it doesn't work out as well as I'd like it to. I think the Predator map makes up for it in brutal effectiveness though. Also, it's the first real boss fight of the game!

Buried On A Sunday/Polsy - Interview tape: Penguin 2

Character bios: Solomon Grundy, Robin

Bonus 1: Museum Exhibits/Polsy

Predator Challenge: Natural Selection/Polsy with Year One Batman

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The thing I find funny about this game is how everyone raves about Solomon Grundy being a huge surprise.

Even if you did ignore the trailer (and the leaks) that showed him, though, there's the whole scene in the subway where the goons are in front of a huge poster of him and going "Oh hey, it's the monster from Penguin's basement."

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
That 100k 50k line always makes me smile :v:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Hah, wasn't expecting that Predator video to be just 2 minutes. I was just settling in and it was over :haw:

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
Ah, I do love me the Iceberg Lounge. References to villains who aren't here (and some that quite obviously are), the Penguin (Nolan North does a bloody good job on "Penguin as vicious entitled thug who likes to remember his parents were rich once."), and... The League of Assassins. Which is never a good sign.

I also like how Oracle references the... Somewhat awkward thing between Talia and Batman. I always liked the "Torn apart because of differing backgrounds" thing, even if this is pretty much the default reason why Bruce Wayne/Batman can't commit to a relationship, because often, it's done well. Never got on with the whole Damian Wayne thing though. It was an okay idea, but I got on with that about as well as "Wait, Cassandra Cain is suddenly evil?"

Also, loved the Predator video... It's a sign of a well designed predator room when the solution so easily presents itself, and I'm sure scruffy could shave off a little more time than that too... But that's still a bloody good run, and once you see it in action, it looks good. :D

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I like how it seemed as if Batman was telling the last guard that if he stayed silent, he'd be safe just before pouncing on him; just to confuse him.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Just another note about AO have bugs. AC is the one that I found buggy. Fancy that!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The thing I find funny about this game is how everyone raves about Solomon Grundy being a huge surprise.

Even if you did ignore the trailer (and the leaks) that showed him, though, there's the whole scene in the subway where the goons are in front of a huge poster of him and going "Oh hey, it's the monster from Penguin's basement."

We've been over this. Most people don't listen to or pay attention to things with that level of detail.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Where does one get their hands on those hand held remote button devices that everyone likes to keep behind their backs that you push to make bad things happen in everything ever? It'd fun to carry one of those around and triggering it to see what sliding doors and remote explosives are lurking in the nearby vicinity.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013

Zeniel posted:

Where does one get their hands on those hand held remote button devices that everyone likes to keep behind their backs that you push to make bad things happen in everything ever? It'd fun to carry one of those around and triggering it to see what sliding doors and remote explosives are lurking in the nearby vicinity.

Same place you get an endless supply of identical henchmen. There's a website.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Waynetech brand henchmen growing kit.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I believe you mean Waynetech brand dehydrated henchmen powder.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

GirlCalledBob posted:

Same place you get an endless supply of identical henchmen. There's a website.

The thing is, in the DC Universe there actually is.

Nalesh posted:

Waynetech brand henchmen growing kit.

Samovar posted:

I believe you mean Waynetech brand dehydrated henchmen powder.
Lexcorp brand dehydrated henchmen powder.

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

Pretty pretty pony pony pretty pony pon pon

bewilderment posted:

I'm going to be honest. I didn't notice that until you mentioned it and now I can't NOT notice it. You've ruined me.

Janderbuilt
Mar 7, 2008

WoOt
This LP is great and got me replaying the series although I'm no where near as good at this game as you are op.

So how did that cop get the gel pack over to Freeze like Batman asked him to if the ice had mostly thawed and Batman took the closet raft? Did he shark-surf across? :v:

edit: those 'worms' were definitely giant maggots, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Is it just me, or does Freeze look kind of like Gary Oldman?

• Locked thread