Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The Too Long Didn’t Read:
-Make drinks, earn points, buy powers
-Drinks can be of any sort alcoholic or not
-Spectator's can play too! Ask for the link.

Welcome to Drinkfia, the mafia game where you get to drink the dead! The only flavor in this game, is what you will provide. It is a how many-man CYOF (Choose your own Flavor) game except in this you will choose a drink, of any sort. This becomes your flavor and role. Everyone in the game is vanilla. There are no given power roles. They must be purchased from the Bar in the forms of ‘garnishes’. The game in its later days will end up being quite power heavy who knows which way the balance will swing. New players play with discretion.

There's a cooking mechanic in the game (see the second post for more explanation). Whenever there is a nightkill, lynching, vig shot, or pretty much any sort of death, the option to cook said player comes up. By this I mean you will get off your computer, go into your kitchen, and make a drink. By proving you have done you'll of gained points! Spectator's are welcome to mix drink along the players. Just ask me for the link! However, I ask you to NOT post in the thread but rather in the document. Points earned can be donated to players to spend as they like.

PLEASE read all the rules to make sure you're able to actually play this game or want to.
If you don't want to bother just know this:

You need some sort of digital camera and way to put pictures online if you so choose to cook, that said you DON’T have to cook to play this game, don't be a dick, and the mod is the final word on any recipe choice.

For whatever questions I can be reached either through PM or email at foxjer13@gmail.com.

Usual mafia rules
    -Don't quote mod communication. You may paraphrase your role/flavor.
    -Don't your edit posts (ninja edits are fine, don't get caught over the time limit)
    -Don't speak out of thread with other players unless your role allows it.
    -Don't fake day actions
    -Post all the time, every time. If you don't have as much posts as mod + votefinder at the end of D1, you will be replaced, modkills happen after D2.
    -Have fun
    -Breaking rules results in a warning and/or modkill.

Other stuff:
    -Town wins when all threats to the town are eliminated.
    -Scum win when they are equal to or greater than non-scum aligned i.e. they control the lynch.
    -Third party win according their conditions, if they exist
    -Lynches are majority. If a majority isn't reached by deadline than a no-lynch will occur.
    -Days will be 48 hours, except the first day which will be 72 hours
    -Days may be extended if there is a weekend
    -Nights will be 24 hours, or open sooner if all actions are submitted
    -Thread will remain open during the night. However, conversation can only be food talk and any conversation about the game will be warned and then result in a modkill.
    -When you sign up, let us know if you are using email, and provide a way we can contact you.
    -I don't live in the same time zone as the majority of you, so in the interest of me getting some sleep deadlines will alternate between 2 am EST and 10 pm EST.

Example flip: 100yrsofattitude, Shirley Temple, VANILLA TOWN, was killed Night 1!

Since I was a Shirley Temple if anyone were to make that drink and show photographic evidence as so:

Then they'd get some points.

Power roles are not meant to be what wins the game, your own skill at mafia should be sufficient.

Players
  1. Asiina
  2. Big Nothing
  3. CapitalistPig
  4. Ernie.
  5. EXAKT Science
  6. Grandicap
  7. MildManeredManikin
  8. Opopanax
  9. Puntification
  10. Somberbrero

Day list:

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4

Votecount

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Dec 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

How to choose a Drink:

-Drinks should not be overly expensive to make, they can be however overly complicated if you feel so inclined. There's no reason why anyone should have to try to find freshly cut sugar cane, a 40 year old whiskey, or a rare tropical fruit that for whatever reason your green grocer but no one else carries. We want people to want to try to make these drinks so try to make it economically possible to do so. A good tip: Rather than going with the ludicrous choose something you yourself would cook for a guest.

-There will be NO duplicate recipes. This is unfortunately up to my decision. For example I will allow that a Cuba Libre (rum, coke, and a lime) is distinct enough from a simple Rum and Coke. On the other hand if you choose to be Rum and Coke no one can take Rum and Pepsi and say it’s different. I’m sure we’ll get enough variety that this won’t be an issue.

-You are allowed to choose an unappealing drink if you feel so inclined but I don't recommend it. Chances are people won't make what you want them to and what we want is for people to mix drinks.

-The drink I’ve offered is a super simple Shirley Temple. I’ve chosen it for two reasons. First, to show that this game isn’t strictly about making alcoholic drinks. You can offer any sort of concoction from a mix of fruit juices, a milkshake, even water garnished with mint or whatever to make it taste different. Of course I expect there to be alcoholic drinks and I welcome it. If for whatever reason you aren’t in the habit of drinking alcoholic drinks you can make the non-alcoholic version with no penalties. Creativity is rewarded and it’s always just as fun to see how people put their own spin on different recipes. Also we’re all adults so DO NOT deride anyone for their choices. You will be warned once and then mod-killed. That's it.

-Don't cheat. I don't know why you'd want to but actually cook these plates instead of finding pictures online or buying a pre-made meal.

How to Present the Recipe:
-Recipes should both have an ingredient list and then a preparation guide. A small introduction is a nice touch but unnecessary.

Example: 100yr’s Shirley Temple
I chose this partly to show that the beverage choices can fall anywhere across the board and because I have a fondness for grenadine. Funny story, when I was 15 and knew nothing about alcohol I figured that drinks with names were by nature alcoholic. So after a school dance we all went to a Friendly’s and so to impress my date I ordered a ‘virgin Shirley Temple’. I soon learned my mistake:
You will need:

-1 part ginger ale
-1 part Sprite or citrus soda
-Grenadine syrup. I tend to be generous with this but I guess 2 tablespoons would do?

I’m too lazy to buy the cherries because frankly I have no real use for them.

This is very simple. Throw your sodas together in a cup and then add the syrup. If you add the syrup before it’ll stick to the bottom of the drink and won’t mix. I find these pretty refreshing… so perhaps it’s out of season but whatever.

-In thread declare your dish when signing up. Feel free to post your recipe at that time but it is crucial you PM or email it to me so I can post it if you die.

Cooking Rules:

-You will need a smartphone, a digital camera, or a webcam to successfully take a picture of your food and post it. You only need to post a picture of the finished product but if you want to show us the process feel free.

-Players will have approximately 72 hours to cook any dead. This may NOT necessarily overlap with actual deadlines. I will keep track of this time on my own. Any powers gained from cooking will apply to the upcoming night. If you happen to cook during a night phase your powers will not work until the next night.

I know this seems like a lot but essentially just be a normal person about this, cook some food, and have fun!

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Dec 1, 2014

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The Bar

The Bar is where you buy garnishes. There are a total of 14 garnishes. Their price reflects their power. However you don’t know what you’re purchasing until you’ve bought it. There are a finite amount of garnishes, with more weak ones versus strong ones. The players can pool their points together to restock the bar for 150 points if they so desire.

To purchase a garnish either email me or PM me (preferably) and I will give it to you. You do not have to declare it in thread, though you can choose to do so. Garnishes are a one time use only. However, you can use them on any night you like once you own it. You cannot use more than one garnish per night. Detailed instructions will be given for each purchased garnish if there are any questions.

These are your garnishes plus their associated cost and the amount available:

• Cherry- 140......................Total left: 0
  • Pretzel- 120......................Total left: 2
  • Pilkington- 120.................Total left: 0
  • Olives- 90.........................Total left: 3
  • Parasol- 90...................... Total left: 3
  • Lemon Twist-70................Total left: 3
  • Lime Slice- 50...................Total left: 3
  • Orange Wedge- 50 ...........Total left: 3
  • Chips- 40..........................Total left: 3
  • Ice- 40..............................Total left: 4
  • Celery Stick-30................. Total left: 5
  • Peanuts-30........................Total left: 5
  • Crazy Straw-20.................Total left: 6
  • Napkin-10.........................Total left: 10

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Dec 14, 2014

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Confirming!

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Looking forward to this! confirming also when's thanksgiving?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

in; of course

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Puntification posted:

Looking forward to this! confirming also when's thanksgiving?

American Thanksgiving is on Thursday. We'll be starting after that. Probably Sunday or Monday. I need to make sure I price things right before going live.

For those familiar with Cookfia, buying powers has changed. There's no special bonuses for plate and spice. I'm going to make numbers as much as multiples of 10 as possible for ease, and also the powers are limited in what is a community pool. Otherwise, dead and spectator's can donate points still and you can spend them as you like and when you like.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Just sign me up as a backup or something along those lines for right now. I don't drink alcohol and I know you said this is fine, but it will make things more difficult, so if there's a lot of interest I'd rather let someone get their mafia drank on. If signups don't fill up immediately though I'll play.

My drink is a Tequila Sunrise (non-alcoholic: Red Sea Sunrise)

Ingredients

1 shot tequila (non-alcoholic: 1-2 shots Sprite)
3/4 cup orange juice
1/2 shot grenadine
Ice

In a tall glass mix the tequila/sprite and orange juice over ice. Then pour the grenadine in quickly. Do not stir. The grenadine will sink to the bottom to create a gradient colour.

Garnish with a cherry and/or orange slice if you want.

I'll make mine later, but it should look something like this:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Also let me know if I forgot something in the OP or formatting or whatever. I'm pretty damned rusty at this.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Confirming.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somebody invite nexal to this

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

My drink recipe is found in this spectator post in the current season of awful survivor.

MildManeredManikin posted:

:munch: ah yes, that reminds me of my favourite cocktail:

-6 shots of vodka
-gently caress you

E: not really btw

Jump King fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 24, 2014

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Okay my drink uses my favorite liquor in the world and is the Coconut Cotton Cooler!

Ingredients:
  • 1 part Pinnacle County Fair Cotton Vodka :siren: this stuff is the bomb, i'm sorry if you disagree
  • 2 parts club soda
  • 1 splash Calico Jack Coconut Rum (or, really, any coconut rum or coconut flavored-juice)
  • Ice
  • Cherry or orange wedge garnish

To make: Mix everything in a glass with ice.
Basically a little taste of summer/tropics for our bitter winter months.

Ernie. fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Nov 24, 2014

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I think I want to go Mojito, but I am undecided.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I've been trying with my idea but not sure if I should unleash it on you or not

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Im in, prepare for the grossest non alcoholic drinks I can think of.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CapitalistPig posted:

Im in, prepare for the grossest non alcoholic drinks I can think of.

Opop already has the flying jacob-tini covered.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Grandicap posted:

Opop already has the flying jacob-tini covered.

He's really doing it then?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Opopanax posted:

I've been trying with my idea but not sure if I should unleash it on you or not

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Hey is this still taking signups?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Big Nothing posted:

Hey is this still taking signups?

Absolutely. I'll put you in.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
I want to sign up for this as well.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I'd like my flavour for this to be Caipirinha.

5 cl cachaça
Half a lime cut into 4 wedges
2 teaspoons brown sugar

Place lime and sugar into old fashioned glass and muddle (mash the two ingredients together using a muddler or a wooden spoon). Fill the glass with crushed ice and add the Cachaça.

The name Caipirinha is sometimes used to mean cachaca with any type of fruit and there are vodka, rum and sake based variants; so my cocktail comes with the inbuilt capacity for interesting variations on the premise, maybe not so much for tee-totallers (sorry) but you can't have everything.

Also just to make sure I understand, we get bonuses for making the drinks but this is different from the points used to buy garnishes, which spectators donate to us and we don't aquire directly?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

All added. Invite your friends! 13 or 15 will be a good number to run with but the more the merrier.

Puntification posted:

Also just to make sure I understand, we get bonuses for making the drinks but this is different from the points used to buy garnishes, which spectators donate to us and we don't aquire directly?

I'll have to make sure I was clearer, perhaps I wasn't.

You only make drinks from a dead players recipe. Each recipe will be assigned a point value by me usually based on its complexity, the points are the only thing earned, there is no other bonus. You can use these points to purchase the garnishes which are in fact power roles.

Spectators and the dead are allowed to make drinks just like players. Furthermore they get to donate the points they've earned to any living player. The idea is that the more people making drinks the faster you guys can buy your powers.

I saw the mistake. That was a direct copy paste from Cookfia, which used a different system to earn powers.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Some general tips for players.

Some cocktails need to be shaken but not everyone have a Boston shaker or the old classic tom shaker at home so you can use water bottles or something like this

to shake the cocktails in.

I rather take something thick that can hold even ice as it's used for most shaken drinks.

When people say wedges they don't mean slices.
]
This is silly and too old.

This is much better.

With most cocktails that use whiskey and ice and need to be stirred. Try stir so that you won't hit the ice with you spoon.

Sugar syrup usually is 50/50 sugar and water.

1 oz = 3 Cl

1 shot = 3 cl = 1 oz

Ill share more tips in future posts =)

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Nexal posted:

With most cocktails that use whiskey and ice and need to be stirred. Try stir so that you won't hit the ice with you spoon.

Thanks for the tips but why can't the spoon touch the ice?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I was about to ask myself actually.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think he means don't knocks the ice around with your spoon cause it'll chip the ice and cause your drink to be watered down.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I think an Amber Moon would probably be considered unappealing or unsporting, so I'm going to go with whatever I made last night. I'm calling it a Bad Analogy. Apologies for the poor photography.

• 3 oz. No-Pulp Orange Juice
  • 3 oz. Club Soda
  • 3 oz. Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey
  • 1 oz. Apple Moonshine
  • Optional Cherry Garnish

Those measurements seem close enough? I'm a bad + lazy drinker and I never measure as I pour.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Asiina posted:

I think he means don't knocks the ice around with your spoon cause it'll chip the ice and cause your drink to be watered down.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay I want to play cause I went a little crazy buying drinks for this.

Between this and stuff I have just on hand (spices and the like) I may be able to make non-alcoholic versions of most of what people have already posted.

I'm gonna make my tequila sunrise in a bit after the ice I'm making freezes, since I have no ice at the moment.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

Okay I want to play cause I went a little crazy buying drinks for this.

Between this and stuff I have just on hand (spices and the like) I may be able to make non-alcoholic versions of most of what people have already posted.

I'm gonna make my tequila sunrise in a bit after the ice I'm making freezes, since I have no ice at the moment.

Really went all out on the soda, didn't you!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

Really went all out on the soda, didn't you!

One is offbrand sprite and the other offbrand coke. I'll need the sprite for my own drink and figured I'd probably need the coke for another somewhere down the line. Both were $1 so it was easier to get the 2L than get a lot of smaller bottles for more money. I don't usually drink pop, so they'll probably mostly go to waste unless I use them for these drinks.

The three squarish ones are various fruit juice and the red stuff is grenadine.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Shortest recipe guide made!

The Coke Float

Ingredients

1 Scoop of Vanilla Ice-cream
A sundae glass
Enough coke to fill your sundae glass

It's pretty simple. Fill the glass with the coke, then dollop the scoop of icecream into it. It's up to you whether you eat the icecream or drink the coke first!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I made my drink! It's pretty good with sprite. It's very fruity and sweet, so I shouldn't have made such a big one. It'll take me a few hours to drink it.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I have too many drinks I want to make for this. Simple, Complex, Frozen, Hot, blended, A summery drink to fight the feelings of the upcoming winter, or a wintery drink to be festive for the season?

Vodka Martini?
Mojito?
Eggnog?
Dark & Stormy?
Mudslide?
Scotch?
Hot Toddy?
Gin & Tonic?

Goddamn, I might just be an aspiring alcoholic and make them all.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Does anyone know a good way to get chicken breast into a smoothie? Stock, maybe?

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Grandicap posted:

I have too many drinks I want to make for this. Simple, Complex, Frozen, Hot, blended, A summery drink to fight the feelings of the upcoming winter, or a wintery drink to be festive for the season?

Vodka Martini?
Mojito?
Eggnog?
Dark & Stormy?
Mudslide?
Scotch?
Hot Toddy?
Gin & Tonic?

Goddamn, I might just be an aspiring alcoholic and make them all.

Did you say Mudslide :love:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

Does anyone know a good way to get chicken breast into a smoothie? Stock, maybe?

Can we request modkills on people for purposefully choosing gross drinks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Yeah, this would probably work, however, smoothie is not the way to go here.

Add 1.5oz chicken stock, 1.5oz 100 bananas, 1.5oz bourbon and a splash of tabasco to a shaker full of ice, top with 3oz of cream and shake vigorously. Pour into a margarita glass rimmed with crushed peanuts and garnish with a crispy strip of bacon.

Maybe drop the Tabasco and replace with bloody mary mix, if you do this, use less cream.

• Locked thread