Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

same guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007

Putty posted:

same guy

He gemmed those troops too, wow. How many did you end up getting off him?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Putty posted:

same guy

Who called?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
hint: taking a screenshot uses the same button as Hang Up

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
"Sorry I hung up on you, Mom. I had to make a shitpost." - Guh

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
What troop levels does Tmed become viable?

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007

RVT posted:

What's most important is two landing crafts of medics and then making sure the rest the landing crafts can hold two tanks. They are viable from the get go like that.

Unrelated, hammersmith are you still playing this game?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

RVT posted:

I find gun boat energy to be critically important. I now have three GBE statues, which will let me artillery/barrage a boom cannon and two other cannons. Then I just look for bases that will let me get to the HQ under those circumstances.

You can shock/flare normal cannons if necessary as well. Boom cannons will one shot tanks, which is an expensive and lengthy downtime, thus must be avoided by any means.

The attacking is my favorite part. Scouting to figure out the ranges of deadly defenses, then using flares to avoid them, is a puzzle. I love puzzles.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Tmed works out of the gate, the bases you can take depend on your gbe/arty/barrage and a lesser amount shock. Once you get your tank hp up, with a third boat of medics you can safely ignore sniper towers for a long time before they actually threaten tanks.

Once you get crazy high gbe/arty, you can just arty down the boom cannons and cannons, and basically put down your device while you win the battle. This is how I fight NPC bases :getin:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

RVT posted:

Level jm20, but first you must offer a child to videogame satan

Morton Haynice
Sep 9, 2008

doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
Just got 7 big purple crystals I wanna spend, but am wondering: Is there any way to predict what type of statue bonus you'll be getting?
If it makes any difference, my last three dark statues (in order) were GBE, GBE, and RR. Additionally, my dark masterpieces were RR and RR.

Took so long to get 'em. Wanna do this right, if I can. I'm hoping for either GBE or PSC.

Morton Haynice fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 22, 2014

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."
AFAIK they are completely random, just roll the dice and hope for the best... Good luck!

Morton Haynice
Sep 9, 2008

doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
+34% GBE! Yes!

Replacing a 13% GBE Guardian, too. (Net gain: +9 Energy)

Paracetamol
Jun 13, 2005
This space intentionally left blank
Someone spent a lot of money ..

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Paracetamol posted:

Someone spent a lot of money ..

What am I looking at here?

Unrelated: is there any reason not to immediately use power stones to build totems if you have enough? I imagine you can't save them up to produce bigger ones?

Lazy_Liberal fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 23, 2014

Paracetamol
Jun 13, 2005
That's at least a HQ17 base (you get shock launcher at 17) with no defenses except RLs and two sniper towers. He had all L16 LC, and a high level sculptor (7 statues). He most likely gemmed his way to that stage

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
Just applied to goonfleet under this name.

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.
What are the downsides to beaching your HQ and purposefully dropping VP? As far as I can tell, as long as you're smart about when you collect resources you shouldn't have much of anything to be taken in a raid, and the only loss is the VP boat. The potential benefits are getting a lot of much easier PVP bases to attack. I haven't tested it but just theorycrafting it could be very beneficial as long as you're only raiding enough to do get your upgrades moving (i.e. never stashing a lot of resources). Higher level bases usually have better rewards sure but lower level ones are a lot easier to attack and do so without many losses. Just theorycrafting I would think a good cycle would be beach your HQ to let your VP drop. Meanwhile, log in whenever an upgrade is necessary, do a bunch of (comparatively easy) raiding to fund it, and repeat.

Summit fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Nov 24, 2014

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

I seem to get 4 medium crystals as my daily VP reward every other day or so with 450+ VP, so maybe some of the 500+ guys can weigh in.

I figure there's always going to be multiple people stronger than me cycling through my base, so I'd rather make em work for it.

Plus all the free crystals.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Summit posted:

What are the downsides to beaching your HQ and purposefully dropping VP?

I've toyed with this a little recently. You really have to have almost no resources, because the vault's 100% protection cap is extremely low and if you're going to be getting hit often enough to make this work, anything above that is going to be gone.

Does it eat the OP boat? If so you'd have to be careful when you time it.

When I've put it out there, I get hit maybe once every two days. Not really enough to make it worthwhile. Maybe if you built up a huge surplus and held it for long enough that you spawned on a bunch of maps with a huge pile of resources enticing people to drop you, it would work better. But at that point you're just playing the game backwards. SuperCell seems to have learned from the TH outside free shields in Clash.

By all means try it, and let us know how it works. For me it just seems like way more work than it's worth. Once your medal count gets high enough, people will start rolling you and you'll lose medals naturally. Might work if you're taking a long break from the game though.

RVT fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Nov 25, 2014

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007

S.T.C.A. posted:

I seem to get 4 medium crystals as my daily VP reward every other day or so with 450+ VP, so maybe some of the 500+ guys can weigh in.

At ~625 VP I get 6 medium crystals from the VP reward.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
500 is still 4 crystals, but people start having 200k gold all the time you press next so it's a fair trade.

Paracetamol
Jun 13, 2005
520+ is 5 crystals

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I'm level 27 at 220 VP and I get paired against level 39s. Raiding has stopped pretty much, so I'll be stockpiling resources so that I am raided to drop down.

It's all dependent on your VPs comparative to your level.

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Need more goons in Patton's Heroes!

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

Do you mind complete scrubs?

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

mephology posted:

Seconding this. If you don't mind I'm also available haha

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
The Boat Pirates welcome scrubs with open arms!

But on that note, I'm not sure it makes sense to keep splitting ourselves into 2 task forces since there isn't a steady stream of new players joining up.

We're 10 goons strong and Patton's Heroes are 11 strong. Wouldn't it make sense to combine our forces?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

mephology posted:

goonfleet does not allow scrubs

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

In the OP it says resources are not vulnerable until collected. Is this true? I can't find a straight answer on it. Seems most people agree the boats are safe but what about unclicked resource collectors?

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007

Summit posted:

In the OP it says resources are not vulnerable until collected. Is this true? I can't find a straight answer on it. Seems most people agree the boats are safe but what about unclicked resource collectors?

Resource base and reward boats are safe. Your collectors in your base are not.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Bellmeistr posted:

Resource base and reward boats are safe. Your collectors in your base are not.

Thanks, updated the OP.

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

S.T.C.A. posted:

Thanks, updated the OP.

Assuming uncollected resources are vulnerable (which makes more sense from a gameplay perspective, so I'm inclined to believe it to be true) then you'll also need to change this bullet point in the OP:

S.T.C.A. posted:

You can determine exactly how much of your resources are at-risk by clicking on the resource counter in the top-right. This is also where you find out your resource-production-per-hour overall, and from what sources.

Part of the reason there's confusion about this is that the dropdown only counts what's been collected. Potentially more is vulnerable than what that dropdown would lead you to believe.

Zila
Jun 21, 2013
They did a quick test on the sc forums and 50% of resources not collected are vulnerable regardless of vault level.. Not including boats.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Sent a request to Patton's Heroes.

Ingame name is Nivro

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I rolled a 16% RR statue, but I'm not sure what to replace. I have mostly offensive statues, three GBE, two troop damage, and one troop health. The only one not offensively oriented is a 15% building health statue.

Any suggestions?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

gromdul posted:

I rolled a 16% RR statue, but I'm not sure what to replace. I have mostly offensive statues, three GBE, two troop damage, and one troop health. The only one not offensively oriented is a 15% building health statue.

Any suggestions?

That's a pretty middling RR statue. Maybe one of the GBEs?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

put this in the OP or else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

gromdul posted:

All riflemen is my favorite. So cheap and versatile. I might lose 50 troops, but the 30 left standing are more than enough to destroy the HQ.

83 of these fuckers have been used to kill every player base I've come across today. barrage the RL and a pesky looking mortar or flamethrower and beeline towards the HQ, burn down everything along the way, get tons of money because of that sweet 40% RR MP

e: just gemmed the last 200 I needed for sculptor 5, then I get to plop down my 14% building damage statue and get back to upgrading all my defenses.

padijun fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Dec 2, 2014

• Locked thread