Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Besides issues connecting/staying connected to crewmates, both online and SP have worked pretty much flawlessly for me. I can connect to online sessions pretty much every time, but they most often don't include crew.... and if they do, they usually don't last long in the session before they get disconnected.
I must be lucky.
And I hope I didn't just jinx it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anyone on PS4 feel like running a string of Jobs? Not picky about which... just knowing how long it takes to load IN and OUT of jobs with randoms (who usually suck) is a waste of too much time...

LLJK here. ILL_MITCH

[edit] Any recommendations on what aircraft I should buy for maximum funsies? Ideally in the sub 1-million range. (Ideally, Ideally one of the ones in the sub 600,000 range.)

Feenix fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 24, 2014

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Feenix posted:

Anyone on PS4 feel like running a string of Jobs? Not picky about which... just knowing how long it takes to load IN and OUT of jobs with randoms (who usually suck) is a waste of too much time...

LLJK here. ILL_MITCH

[edit] Any recommendations on what aircraft I should buy for maximum funsies? Ideally in the sub 1-million range. (Ideally, Ideally one of the ones in the sub 600,000 range.)

I'm thinking about getting the Dodo it's only $500k. Especially since people can hang on the side while in flight.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

geeves posted:

I'm thinking about getting the Dodo it's only $500k. Especially since people can hang on the side while in flight.

That was my thought too. But I wonder if it is decidedly less agile than the Mallard 1-seater. You know?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
You can hang off a Dodo? That sounds pretty awesome. The Vestra should be a 4-seater, then it'd be a perfect purchase airplane. Good mix of speed, agility, passenger capacity. At 2 it's pretty sad on that last one -- the plane it's modeled on seats up to 7, so no excuse.

but really the only air vehicle worth buying is the Buzzard.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Psion posted:

You can hang off a Dodo? That sounds pretty awesome. The Vestra should be a 4-seater, then it'd be a perfect purchase airplane. Good mix of speed, agility, passenger capacity. At 2 it's pretty sad on that last one -- the plane it's modeled on seats up to 7, so no excuse.

but really the only air vehicle worth buying is the Buzzard.

I'd like to ultimately have a buzzard, a plane, a slick car, and my Déclassé Saber. (Right now I just have the Saber.) (and 1.3 million dollars)

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

^^ buy a Buzzard first if you dont have one. Easily the most used/useful aircraft.

geeves posted:

:eyepop: woah, really?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
If I could get a refund just for GTAO ($30) I would. It's like they also hosed up the netcode massively. I wrap up work and decide to get into a lobby and goof off to eventually hop into a random job co-op BECAUSE ONE DAY THAT FUNCTION WILL WORK but it crashes and I lose interest. I dump two bullets from a sniper rifle into a guy a block away and he's fine, but he plinks me to death with an assault rifle long after I've turned away. I later turn and BRRT a guy with my mini-uzi, he moves on for a while before dropping dead from my bullets. Are lobbies P2P hosted?

At least the SP hasn't bugged out for me, and I know it will get at least one expansion of fine quality sometime.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 24, 2014

Apathetic Artist
Dec 23, 2010

geeves posted:

This makes me want to upgrade right now because I assume the Dodo is not in the last gen version, or is it? Is it tricky landing this on the water? Is it possible to crash and explode on water? Can it even land on water?

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
So I am having issue's trying to fire guns using the triggers. Any idea how to fix it?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Moochewmoo posted:

So I am having issue's trying to fire guns using the triggers. Any idea how to fix it?

Did it suddenly happen? Do things look right in the control settings?

Because I suddenly found myself having an issue trying to throttle up and leave the ground with helicopters, minutes before the lobby crashed a bunch of us out.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

MrLonghair posted:

Because I suddenly found myself having an issue trying to throttle up and leave the ground with helicopters, minutes before the lobby crashed a bunch of us out.

No. Since I bought the game of I use the triggers I have to like really squeeze them down in order to fire. Sometimes multiple times

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

MrLonghair posted:

And yesterday I couldn't swim to the surface.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

poopzilla posted:

^^ buy a Buzzard first if you dont have one. Easily the most used/useful aircraft.

:eyepop: woah, really?

Yeah, I umm, have 8 levels and 1.3 million dollars to earn before I can get that so probably not.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Feenix posted:

Yeah, I umm, have 8 levels and 1.3 million dollars to earn before I can get that so probably not.

I would keep saving for a buzzard and just steal planes from the airport in the mean time.

e: it's just way more usefull for doing missions or hauling goons around. Planes are cool and all but if you aren't in a Lazer you'll probably just get blown up by one or a buzzard.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Feenix posted:

Seriously, you can get piles of use out of a Buzzard in missions.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

I think my least favorite part of Online (other than the connection issues) is how in missions, you always get shot by enemies you can't even see before you're half dead. Often they don't even show up on the minimap until you get close, so sometimes it looks like the coast is clear when there's actually ten guys waiting around the corner. It's something you get used to and know to expect when you play missions, but still pretty frustrating because you just end up hiding behind cover, trying to get the dudes to come out to the open, and hoping they don't blindfire snipe you from a mile away. :arghfist::saddowns:

edit: and while I'm complaining about stuff... why do pubbies insist on doing the Down the Drain and Criminal Records races over and over again instead of, you know, the ones that are actually fun and interesting to drive? (likely answer: because they're the easiest courses, you barely need to drive the car, and it's easy to pass someone with catchup/slipstream and PIT them off the road)

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Nov 25, 2014

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

BitBasher posted:

Seriously, you can get piles of use out of a Buzzard in missions.

Fair enough. But let's be honest here... I'm a dad of a 2 year old. I get a fair amount of gaming time at night and sometimes when I work (I work from home...) but how long is it going to take me to raise 1.3 million? The leveling will take a bit I suspect, but not THAT much.

I'm more worried about capital.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Shark cardzzzzzz

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Feenix posted:

Fair enough. But let's be honest here... I'm a dad of a 2 year old. I get a fair amount of gaming time at night and sometimes when I work (I work from home...) but how long is it going to take me to raise 1.3 million? The leveling will take a bit I suspect, but not THAT much.

I'm more worried about capital.
If stuff is working properly and you are a good driver, then I think it should take a handful of hours of races or missions.

Did they already patch the 250k challenges? You could get a million per 24 hours with that easily.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

the truth posted:

Did they already patch the 250k challenges? You could get a million per 24 hours with that easily.

This.

I've actually been gaining money instead of trickling down my millions by doing a 250k challenge each day. Which is impressive since I am constantly blowing poo poo up.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Please tell me how/where I do this 250k challenge?

:)

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

MrLonghair posted:

If I could get a refund just for GTAO ($30) I would. It's like they also hosed up the netcode massively. I wrap up work and decide to get into a lobby and goof off to eventually hop into a random job co-op BECAUSE ONE DAY THAT FUNCTION WILL WORK but it crashes and I lose interest. I dump two bullets from a sniper rifle into a guy a block away and he's fine, but he plinks me to death with an assault rifle long after I've turned away. I later turn and BRRT a guy with my mini-uzi, he moves on for a while before dropping dead from my bullets. Are lobbies P2P hosted?

At least the SP hasn't bugged out for me, and I know it will get at least one expansion of fine quality sometime.

I don't want to be a dick because what you're dealing with sucks, but the 360/ps3 launch was hosed for basically a month straight, everyone should've expected this because Rockstar. It didn't even let everyone make a character for days, much less be stable enough to not lose progress/wipe characters/generally be screwed up.

Pretend online doesn't exist, play the rest of SP, come back in a couple weeks. It's definitely better that way.

also $30 refund haha yeah. right. In Rockstar Logic, you bought GTAV for $60 and Online is free to play, that's why shark cards are okay because you didn't pay for the base game!!! :rolleyes:

Feenix posted:

Pause menu -> Online -> Playlists -> Challenges, I believe. I wish they worked on last-gen. :(

Psion fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 25, 2014

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Feenix posted:

Psion posted:

Pause menu -> Online -> Crew -> Challenges, I believe.

To add to this, you can only do one every 24 "real world" hours and they are often not clearly named. Click through until you see one that has 250,000 as the bet, and make sure it's Criminal Records.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I reluctantly log on to try that 250k challenge poo poo, get tired of waiting forever for playlists to load, go out and ride around, pick up a goon who gets bounced out by a crash and turned into an AI running away in panic. Pull into home garage and hey where's the blue spot?

Barely functional ghost town for the few of us who weren't crashed out.

e: AI performed cleaner than ever without any hint of lag during this so no easier way of stealing tanks and jets :smith:

I was here for the original launch of the Online, I lost level 15+ characters three times, I know :v:
I just hope RockStar have excuses for why it's so busted.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 25, 2014

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I played for 10 minutes and just wanted to change my y axis settings but some rear end in a top hat in an armored firebird killed me within seconds of spawning every time. I died 15 times in 10 minutes to the same rear end in a top hat. he was immune to the swarm of cops that was glued to him at all times too. i'm level three!

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Real hurthling! posted:

I played for 10 minutes and just wanted to change my y axis settings but some rear end in a top hat in an armored firebird killed me within seconds of spawning every time. I died 15 times in 10 minutes to the same rear end in a top hat. he was immune to the swarm of cops that was glued to him at all times too. i'm level three!

When you are on the respawn screen hit triangle to respawn in passive mode and be immune to others.

Snaggletooth
Mar 15, 2002
You owe it to yourself to watch a sunset from the maze bank.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Real hurthling! posted:

play for a few hours with goons and you should have enough money to buy a low-end 2-car garage or poo poo hole apartment that you can spawn into. You only need like $100k, which sounds like an unobtainable sum for someone at level 3 but if you're handheld by some high-level bros and brophinas you'll make it faster than you thought you could.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BitBasher posted:

When you are on the respawn screen hit triangle to respawn in passive mode and be immune to others.

holly molly thanks

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?
I never get the option to vote for a new mission after completing one. Its always races, survival, last team standing, death match or parachuting.

Just me or are you guys seeing the same thing?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Does strength stat still increase your max health? I read that it doesn't, but it still increases resistance to damage, which is basically the same thing. What's the fastest way to max that out?

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

Does strength stat still increase your max health? I read that it doesn't, but it still increases resistance to damage, which is basically the same thing. What's the fastest way to max that out?

:eyepop: I did not know this!!

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Schroeder91 posted:

:eyepop: I did not know this!!

Don't freak out yet, I don't know if it's true!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

Get podcasts or audiobooks and play golf like mad.

e: wikia one says

quote:

Strength: Your physical power and resilience. Boosts melee damage, speeds up ladder climbing, improves sporting agility, and reduces damage taken from various sources. Increase by scoring hits in melee combat and practicing sports. For every 20 punches you land, the strength skill will raise by 1%. Killing cows on the grapeseed farms gives you almost the same amount of percent for every 20 punches. Playing sports such as Golf or Tennis will assist in enhancing this skill.

A c E posted:

I never get the option to vote for a new mission after completing one. Its always races, survival, last team standing, death match or parachuting.

No 2x3 window where you chose missions or ???/refresh/free-roam?
e: weiiiiiird

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 25, 2014

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

MrLonghair posted:

Get podcasts or audiobooks and play golf like mad.

No 2x3 window where you chose missions or ???/refresh/free-roam?

I think he's saying that his vote screen only shows things that aren't missions, such as races and all the other things he wrote.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

How to max Strength in a single sitting: just play one really short hole of golf over and over again, one with a really low Par. I think there's a Par 2 hole? Anyway that one is great, I did it for like an hour and got to max.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

A c E posted:

It just randomly picks 6 jobs to put on the voting screen. Sometimes there's a mission in there, but the missions are way out numbered by other jobs. It's extremely annoying when they don't put any jobs of the type you just played in the vote screen. Like when you just finished a race and it doesn't even give you an option to vote to play another race.

It's like something that should be common sense, but Rockstar didn't figure out that people probably would want to keep playing the same job type.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Soooo, I just did a mission called 250k that was on Criminal Records. I easily beat it, and then won like 10,000.

I can;t double check now, but it either messed up or I failed to notice it was NOT actually for a pot of 250k?

Lastly... question: Who actually funds these?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It just randomly picks 6 jobs to put on the voting screen. Sometimes there's a mission in there, but the missions are way out numbered by other jobs. It's extremely annoying when they don't put any jobs of the type you just played in the vote screen. Like when you just finished a race and it doesn't even give you an option to vote to play another race.

It's like something that should be common sense, but Rockstar didn't figure out that people probably would want to keep playing the same job type.

Yeah, that's really annoying. There should always be 1/2 of the same mission type in the voting screen. I think 2.

do a mission, get 2 missions, an LTS, a race, a dm, parachute, don't care.

do a race, get 2 races, a mission, a parachute event, a TDM, ... etc

• Locked thread