Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Man They Call Sting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

oldpainless posted:

Disco Inferno

The question was about FAMOUS wrestlers :colbert:

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Did Kevin Sullivan ever wrestle for WWE/WWF/WWWF?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

CombineThresher posted:

Did Kevin Sullivan ever wrestle for WWE/WWF/WWWF?

No, but that didn't stop him from making an impact on WWE in 2007.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Sullivan worked in the WWWF.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Glacier!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Possibly a silly question, but does WWE have to pay royalties to Paul Leka's estate every time they sing the chorus of 'Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye' on a show? Or is it public domain?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Do you think that Sting will be able to use the Scorpion Death Lock, or will he just stick to the Stinger Splash because the death lock is "Bret and Owen's move?"

edit: I mean will they call it the death lock or the sharpshooter? I know other wrestlers do it, but they don't call it the "scorpion lock"

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 25, 2014

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think about 400 people in the WWE have used the sharpshooter so

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

epitasis posted:

I think about 400 people in the WWE have used the sharpshooter so

Yeah, but they called it the sharpshooter, not the death lock. Nobody says the ura-nage slam, they call it the Rock Bottom or Bookend

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

It will be called the Scorpion Deathlock when he does it, even if they also describe it as a sharpshooter.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

:geno: "That's the modified sharpshooter he calls the scorpion deathlock."

KitsonGT
Oct 5, 2004

Remember: if the balloon pops, the noise makes the angels cry.

Rusty Shackelford posted:

What about rephrasing the question to ask who is the biggest star who worked in WCW that didn't appear on WWE TV?

The tier below Muta is...Vampiro?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So tonight was literally the first time I've seen Jamie Noble wrestle since I started watching again. Was he ever worth a drat when he was active and does he have any matches worth checking out?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Benne posted:

So tonight was literally the first time I've seen Jamie Noble wrestle since I started watching again. Was he ever worth a drat when he was active and does he have any matches worth checking out?

he was alright in wwe and pretty goddamn good in roh.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Yes, watch James Gibson vs. CM Punk for the ROH title.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
In WWE he had a fairly good run as cruiserweight champion with an awesome match with I think Billy Kidman at survivor series 02

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Smoking Crow posted:

Do you think that Sting will be able to use the Scorpion Death Lock, or will he just stick to the Stinger Splash because the death lock is "Bret and Owen's move?"

edit: I mean will they call it the death lock or the sharpshooter? I know other wrestlers do it, but they don't call it the "scorpion lock"

He probably won't do it at all, since they had him do the Death Drop to Triple H.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

He probably won't do it at all, since they had him do the Death Drop to Triple H.
he did his impact move and not his submission in a situation where he needed to do an impact move and not a submission

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Endorph posted:

he did his impact move and not his submission in a situation where he needed to do an impact move and not a submission

Now that's just crazy talk.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I hope Sting doesn't do the Scorpion Deathlock because he's about as good at it as the Miz is at the figure-four.

sticklefifer posted:

Possibly a silly question, but does WWE have to pay royalties to Paul Leka's estate every time they sing the chorus of 'Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye' on a show? Or is it public domain?

Quite possibly, since they'd potentially be open to a suit if they didn't. I know of a local newscaster who almost brought a suit down on her station for accidentally singing one line of "Happy Birthday."

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Scorpion Deathlock kinda loses its luster when the likes of Tyson Kidd are using it in a career-revival push.

I won't be surprised if the Death Drop on HHH was the only wrestling move Sting did until the Rumble.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Why is John Cena so hard to see?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

carbon emissions from the fart juice he carries around renders him more or less invisible to the naked human eye.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Smoking Crow posted:

Why is John Cena so hard to see?
A cruel lack of exposure on WWE TV and marketing. Vince just doesn't see anything in the guy

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Noble had a really excellent match with Rey Jr. on Velocity in 2004:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJZQ3Wec9hA

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Endorph posted:

The Man They Call Sting

When Vader was in the WWF, the commentators always called him 'The Man They Call Vader' (that or 'The Mastodon'), was that a reference to Sting?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Halloween Jack posted:

Quite possibly, since they'd potentially be open to a suit if they didn't. I know of a local newscaster who almost brought a suit down on her station for accidentally singing one line of "Happy Birthday."

As far as live crowds, WWE is probably protected, a la FCC violations.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
The commentary was funny. The bit about time having passed them by. Meanwhile Noble is Cena's age and Mercury is a couple years younger.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I thought Noble and Mercury were retired due to injury, what's the deal with them wrestling last night?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Seams posted:

When Vader was in the WWF, the commentators always called him 'The Man They Call Vader' (that or 'The Mastodon'), was that a reference to Sting?

no. that was just his intro they gave him a few in wcw they would say THIS IS VAAAADDDER

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

yea so long as it's just the crowd, I don't think anything can happen to WWE for it.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Bigass Moth posted:

I thought Noble and Mercury were retired due to injury, what's the deal with them wrestling last night?

Retired through injury sometimes just means they couldn't do a full wwe impact schedule however a one off apperance/match is ok. I think Mercury just retired as they had nothing for him in ring so became an agent. Noble had back issues but a lot of wrestlers who stop through back issues find once they're not bumping 3/4 nights a week they get a lot better.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Oh yeah, if it's just the crowd doing it, no problem. I was thinking of the time way back when that Stone Cold led everybody in a chorus of it to say goodbye to Vince.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
You can't be serious.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I don't follow WWE week-by-week, so if that happened last night, I seriously have no idea.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

They're "protected" from FCC violations by being on cable. It has nothing to do with the live crowds.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Halloween Jack posted:

Oh yeah, if it's just the crowd doing it, no problem. I was thinking of the time way back when that Stone Cold led everybody in a chorus of it to say goodbye to Vince.

Steph sang it to Vickie pretty recently, before being thrown into pudding.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Spermgod posted:

Noble had a really excellent match with Rey Jr. on Velocity in 2004:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJZQ3Wec9hA

Jamie Noble consistently had awesome matches on Velocity because nobody cared about that show so the cruisers just tore it up every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Noble's matches with Tajiri were really good too, and it led to the Nidia blinding angle which allowed Noble to really shine as a dirtbag heel.