Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
I'd do it and do it with all the dignity my driver deserves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Whoever we're trusting to put the OP together for next on-season thread, we can also trust to run an RNG to assign drivers. That way at least there's someone at the head of it.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Phwoaar look at that expression of pure determination, thats the face of the 2015 wdc.

Here are the engineers explaining how bad and fail Fernando Alonso is and that he was definitely a fraud. Unlike Sebastian Vettel who owns.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

NtotheTC posted:

What I think we should do is a lottery system where we all enter, and get randomly assigned a 2015 driver and we end up having to write next seasons Worst Thread driver intro for that driver, and if you are anything other than complimentary you get toxx-banned.

Mostly because I want to see learningcurve get Lewis Hamilton.
It's your idea, so do you want to get a driver to write a description for?

HJB posted:

Internet monkey bottoms are delicious in fairness.

On the driver write-up thingy, sounds good.

Same question to you - does this mean you want to get a driver to write a description for?

e:

simplefish posted:

Whoever we're trusting to put the OP together for next on-season thread, we can also trust to run an RNG to assign drivers. That way at least there's someone at the head of it.

I don't know what an 'RNG' is, but here's the list of goons so far who want to write driver bios: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18BeDKUTb0dRKDdVdtUo349RIq1so7ancp1kE9WpHpRU/edit?usp=sharing

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:
Put me down for driver intro writing. I'll cross fingers for Ricky yardo

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

krushgroove posted:

Same question to you - does this mean you want to get a driver to write a description for?

Yeah I'll give it a bash.

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

Put me down for driver intro writing. I'll cross fingers for Ricky yardo

Godspeed.

The Sweet Hereafter
Jan 11, 2010
I'm down for a driver bio too, sounds like fun to me!

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

AgentJotun posted:

Didn't he recently predict that Alonso would make an announcement regarding Mclaren at like Monza or something?

He did and I also believe he posted a rant about a day or so before how all other F1 journalists are bottom feeding scum of the earth and only he can be trusted because he vets his sources and has a relationship of trust with them so he'd never get false info.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Yep I am down. Maldonardo wouldn't be so bad... Perez now thats a challenge.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
the Google doc is updated with the names of all the goons how want to do driver bios so far!

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Mattiaci was essentially a good, effective guy but F1 hosed him. Shame.

I get the impression he was a competent manager whose only weakness was being no respecter of reputation.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116930

Sulman fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Nov 25, 2014

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

krushgroove posted:

I don't know what an 'RNG' is, but here's the list of goons so far who want to write driver bios: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18BeDKUTb0dRKDdVdtUo349RIq1so7ancp1kE9WpHpRU/edit?usp=sharing

Please add me to this, the worst list

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
That sounds like a terrible very bad idea resulting in a trainwreck. I am in.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

I'll write an intro for someone.

I can't wait to see Vettel in a terribly slow Ferrari, without Horner there to hold his hand and defend him when he acts like a spoiled brat. Kimi won't let him get away with poo poo, Iceman will run him off the circuit.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

krushgroove posted:

Add me up, and if there's too many for the drivers we can do the teams separately as well.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

pik_d posted:

Add me up, and if there's too many for the drivers we can do the teams separately as well.

Cool. Added that in and a few 'guidelines' or whatver. I have no intention of doing the actual OP but am happy to help organize the bio entries and do the random draws (which will be truly random).

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I'd be up to write something too. I like the idea of adding team descriptions in to the mix as well. Maybe expand to tracks if there's a load of people?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

krushgroove posted:

Cool. Added that in and a few 'guidelines' or whatver. I have no intention of doing the actual OP but am happy to help organize the bio entries and do the random draws (which will be truly random).

Don't worry, we'll make Tsaedje do the OP like usual

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

CratSock posted:

I'll write an intro for someone.

I can't wait to see Vettel in a terribly slow Ferrari, without Horner there to hold his hand and defend him when he acts like a spoiled brat. Kimi won't let him get away with poo poo, Iceman will run him off the circuit.

Kimi may struggle against Vettel's secret weapon, known to insiders as 'work ethic'.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
I'm up for doing an intro too, it can't be any worse than the rest of this thread.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I feel sorry for whoever gets Vettel. Only way you could frame it positively is by pretending he's coming back from a sabbatical.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

NtotheTC posted:

What I think we should do is a lottery system where we all enter, and get randomly assigned a 2015 driver and we end up having to write next seasons Worst Thread driver intro for that driver, and if you are anything other than complimentary you get toxx-banned.

Mostly because I want to see learningcurve get Lewis Hamilton.
This... is a good idea. I would like to put my name down.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Confirmed drivers so far for next year:

Ferrari
Vettel
Raikonnen

Force India
Perez
Hulkenberg

Lotus
Grosjean
Maldonado

Mercedes
Rosberg
Hamilton

Red Bull
Ricciardo
Kvyat

Toro Rosso
Verstappen
?

Williams
Massa
Bottas

Sauber
????? (5) drivers under contract, legal shenanigans to follow.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Riso, as far as I'm aware, I've got a 3 year contract with Sauber. Update your records?

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I'll go in on the driver intro

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Falken posted:

Riso, as far as I'm aware, I've got a 3 year contract with Sauber. Update your records?

Please submit proof of your superlicense and Sauber contract first.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

George Zimmer posted:

I'll go in on the driver intro

This puts us at 19 goons and only 18 drivers at the moment (that's counting McLaren), so at some point we'll have to figure out how to split up the team bios and the driver bios.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Sulman posted:

Kimi may struggle against Vettel's secret weapon, known to insiders as 'work ethic'.

Natural champions like the Iceman look upon feeble attempts to "train" and "practice" and "be fit" with cold Nordic scorn.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

krushgroove posted:

This puts us at 19 goons and only 18 drivers at the moment (that's counting McLaren), so at some point we'll have to figure out how to split up the team bios and the driver bios.

If you throwing Team Bio's into the mix add my name to the list, just so I can hope I get Ferrari and then write a truthful and positive team bio.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

CratSock posted:

Natural champions like the Iceman look upon feeble attempts to "train" and "practice" and "be fit" with cold Nordic scorn.

:agreed: you can't train pure talent.

Sign me up for driver bio's too. I'll be an alternate or whatever since it looks like we're already over. Fingers crossed for Big Pastor though!

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

We should do write ups on Team Principals too so I can pen a love letter to Claire Williams.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

gret posted:

We should do write ups on Team Principals too so I can pen a love letter to Claire Williams.

And don't forget everyone's favorite supervillain, Bernard Ecclestone.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

ukle posted:

If you throwing Team Bio's into the mix add my name to the list, just so I can hope I get Ferrari and then write a truthful and positive team bio.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=oxymoron

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

gret posted:

We should do Team Principals too so I can do Claire Williams.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

krushgroove posted:

I'll do a team bio or a driver bio. Hell I'll do a track bio.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Actually, now that I think about it, how amazing would it be to see the 2015 Ferrari come up with some decent performance, but only by Kimi, with Super Seb trailing his teammate yet again, and further proving his eternal fraud status? I like that better.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Both of them are bad drivers.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I actually thought Vettel was talented, and it wasn't just the car. I mean, he was faster than Webber right? Then I realized that was never the case, and Webber is embarrassingly bad.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

George Zimmer posted:

I'll do a team bio or a driver bio. Hell I'll do a track bio.

I would appreciate track bios, actually. Things like whether cars which are good at straight line speed/fast corners/mechanical grip/saving tyres will do best, and a bit about temperature/any effects of altitude/general weather to expect. Add in some history, any odd features like having the seemingly last remaining gravel trap in F1, funny pit exits, clockwise/anticlockwise, funny elevation, or turning Frenchmen into vegetables, and we're good to go.

e: don't put me down for track bios, I don't know enough about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ilanin
May 31, 2009

Smarter than the average Blair.
I'd do a track bio or a team one; you can give me a driver one if you really want but that's kind of easy mode, especially since the odds are against me having to find some way to say something nice about Max Chilton.

• Locked thread