Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

RatHat posted:

I think they meant the qualifier.

Oh yea, that actually makes more sense. I would have assumed she passed only on rescue points, but only Deku managed that.

I actually have no clue, somehow it looks like she managed to take out SOME villains. Invisibility hijinks I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Maybe she can turn certain materials invisible with her? If she had a weapon of some sort it wouldn't be too hard to disable robots after sneaking up on them.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
Maybe the robots were such wusses even a normal human could take them out.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

FH_Meta posted:

Dreadlocks gal was the one I called the local Poison Ivy. She looked plant-y to me.

I'm betting on Gorgon / Medusa powers myself. Her hair looks like snakes.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Samba De Amigo posted:

Oh yea, that actually makes more sense. I would have assumed she passed only on rescue points, but only Deku managed that.

I actually have no clue, somehow it looks like she managed to take out SOME villains. Invisibility hijinks I guess.

Right? There has to be some gimmick there we don't know about. Maybe she's secretly a giant UFC bodybuilder.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
she started the robot smashing while no one was looking

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Well, they did say you could take WHATEVER you wanted into the qualifier with you. Maybe she's handy with traps.

EDIT: Or, no one noticed that she didn't pass and she just appeared in homeroom.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Mr. Fowl posted:

EDIT: Or, no one noticed that she didn't pass and she just appeared in homeroom.

I like this answer but I have a feeling Eraserhead would notice unfortunately.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mr. Fowl posted:

Well, they did say you could take WHATEVER you wanted into the qualifier with you. Maybe she's handy with traps.

The thing is it looks like she can only make herself invisible. So the robots would see traps floating around and know where she is.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I would assume that all of the robots worth points were human-killable. Otherwise, it'd be pretty unfair to heroes with defensive or support powers. With that in mind, being invisible would be pretty useful.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's not supposed to be fair, the school is for the elite.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Invisible girls are always, like, creating invisible force fields. This is common knowledge people!

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

RatHat posted:

It's not supposed to be fair, the school is for the elite.
Eraserhead's ability isn't much use against quirkless robots, and he's a teacher there. It's possible.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I think with regard to the entrance exam we just kind of have to suspend disbelief a little because a lot of the powers at play here don't seems like they'd bee to useful against robots.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

After seeing Bakugou flip the gently caress out multiple times I can safely say this author really digs drawing teeth.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Something I realized earlier, but Uraraka idolizing No. 13 may have been foreshadowed in her costume; it looks pretty space-y, like a futuristic space suit or something from a sci-fi anime, and 13 is, well, an astronaut. Between his personality and them both having sort of space-y powers as well (zero gravity and black holes respectively), her looking up to him really makes sense, too.

Also, man. I love hands dude's design; he's really super creepy. While the hands on his face are the most notable, the ones all over the rest of him are interesting too; the ones on his arms are in positions suggesting someone grabbing him or him having his arms folded, and the ones on his shoulders amusingly look almost like they're giving him a massage. And then there's the ones on his neck, which almost appear to be strangling him and push the creepy up another few notches. I really wonder what his deal is; given that he seems to be the leader of these guys (he's always the one talking and gets the most focus, and is the one who gets the weird, unique font) and is implied to have been the one to have destroyed the gate, he must have a serious quirk beyond just having a lot of hands.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Roland Jones posted:

Something I realized earlier, but Uraraka idolizing No. 13 may have been foreshadowed in her costume; it looks pretty space-y, like a futuristic space suit or something from a sci-fi anime, and 13 is, well, an astronaut. Between his personality and them both having sort of space-y powers as well (zero gravity and black holes respectively), her looking up to him really makes sense, too.

Also, man. I love hands dude's design; he's really super creepy. While the hands on his face are the most notable, the ones all over the rest of him are interesting too; the ones on his arms are in positions suggesting someone grabbing him or him having his arms folded, and the ones on his shoulders amusingly look almost like they're giving him a massage. And then there's the ones on his neck, which almost appear to be strangling him and push the creepy up another few notches. I really wonder what his deal is; given that he seems to be the leader of these guys (he's always the one talking and gets the most focus, and is the one who gets the weird, unique font) and is implied to have been the one to have destroyed the gate, he must have a serious quirk beyond just having a lot of hands.

Both 13 and Uraraka have quirks that are great for rescuing people :)

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Roland Jones posted:

Each hand is a quirk user's hand maybe?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I read ahead in Portuguese. Someone bribe the scanlators so I can enjoy those chapters in my native tongue.

Also as wacky as the faces get this guy is a really talented artist the more I see.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Kortel posted:

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Also, All Might's increasing arsenal of state-themed smashes amuses the hell out of me.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Kortel posted:

Would make sense to take a toe, since that's where quirks come from.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Man some guys here need some remedial statistics. Correlation != Causation.
The toe thing is an indication of quirk, not the source of it.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Slime posted:

Would make sense to take a toe, since that's where quirks come from.

I thought that was just a way to see whether or not someone had a quirk.

E:fb. Thought the page was refreshed :downs:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Roland Jones posted:

Also, man. I love hands dude's design; he's really super creepy.

I just want to know if one of them is Venomous Chainsaw, the dude who hurt All Might 5 years ago, because (a) that is one seriously cool name and conjures up some great imagery and (b) how nuts does he have to be to take on All Might and not only fight him solo, but rip out his stomach and gently caress him up permanently in the process?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Mindblast posted:

After seeing Bakugou flip the gently caress out multiple times I can safely say this author really digs drawing teeth.

It's even more striking when everyone else is rocking the tooth-bar.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I can't stop rereading this, it is go good.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well, you can stop rereading and start just reading cause Chapter 14 is up.

Frog Girl is the best.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Well, you can stop rereading and start just reading cause Chapter 14 is up.

Frog Girl is the best.

Frog Girl is best. Her :effort: "sayonara" is great.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Frog Girl is the best.

Squidster posted:

Frog Girl is best.

Call her Tsuyu. :v:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

GodFish posted:

Call her Tsuyu. :v:

A ha ha, I knew I was setting myself up for that.

But yeah she rocks.

Also the author rocks when it comes to describing things in boxes.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
So because of the Square-Cube Law and how it relates to Spiders and Spider-Man, does Frog-Girl just have a moderate, but not significant, boost in strength and stamina? I hope the answer is yes. Or hell, just give her spidey-strength boost. Who cares.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tsuyu is so great. :allears:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Do we know what the vice-presidents quirk is yet? Looks like she can form stuff out of her body, or store stuff in it.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

"Perchance, has something been altered?"
Such the elegant gentleman, for a villain :allears:
As much as I like vice prez, Tsuyu is pretty drat amazing.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

HiveCommander posted:

I fully expect Iida and NavelLasers to get into impassioned debate with him.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

HiveCommander posted:

Oh, yeah, while hand dude is still my favorite villain, between his design and just how ridiculously malicious he is, the super-polite void man is pretty great too.

And Tsuyu is still the best. Though, those are some interesting groups they've been broken up into; funnily enough, the larger the group the more terrified its members seem. The group of four against the void guy has at least half its number looking scared, and of the Deku-Tsuyu-Mineda group only Tsuyu seems completely composed, while fire-and-ice dude is not only alone against some villains but perfectly calm, he seems to be winning because he's just completely ridiculous.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Roland Jones posted:

And Tsuyu is still the best. Though, those are some interesting groups they've been broken up into; funnily enough, the larger the group the more terrified its members seem. The group of four against the void guy has at least half its number looking scared, and of the Deku-Tsuyu-Mineda group only Tsuyu seems completely composed, while fire-and-ice dude is not only alone against some villains but perfectly calm, he seems to be winning because he's just completely ridiculous.
Assuming good writing (ah who am I kidding, of course it is) that's probably because it's the best split for narrative reasons. All the villains are assumed to be equivalently powerful in the eyes of the reader, while the heroes are assumed to have a currently unknown hierarchy in power. By extension, the weaker members (as of the moment) will have to use numbers to defeat the enemy that only takes one fire//ice dude to handle. From there, it's obvious that the weaker members will be less confident and more frightened of the opposition, while the stronger members will be a lot more confident.

I hope this is accurate because it then follows that Tsuyu is one of the strongest in the group.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Sindai posted:

Do we know what the vice-presidents quirk is yet? Looks like she can form stuff out of her body, or store stuff in it.
You could say that her power is...
Unlimited Blade Works :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrCinos
Dec 20, 2011

Twiddy posted:

All the villains are assumed to be equivalently powerful in the eyes of the reader

Why would you assume that? Voidman seems to be much stronger than other villains in the group (excluding their leader of course). I doubt other villains are equal as well. Though those which will be of no importance (aka fodders) are probably on the same level, just like any numerous group of characters who aren't relevant enough to get a name.

MrCinos fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Nov 26, 2014