Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

BlitzBlast posted:

Don't call me a hero, I just ruined this kitten's life.
That is honestly my favorite part of F/HA.

Well that and "because I AM A HERO OF JUSTICE!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Scrree posted:

Rejoice! I'm sure that the Vita Patch will take so long to come out that by the time it's downloadable you'll have forgotten most of it anyways!

Can you even patch the vita versions? I thought sony had come down on homebrew stuff pretty hard.

JimmyT64
Oct 27, 2007
I'm Special!

Silver2195 posted:

As for Archer encountering the Shadow, that could easily be a similarity to the Fate/UBW timelines; we don't know the details of what happened when Rin and Waver dismantled the Grail.

Also, Archer still has some "memories" of being a Counter Guardian, so if anything similar to Angra Mainyu ever shows up in the universes timeline, its possible Archer had to do cleanup after it. I seem to remember he even says something like "Maybe I can stop it this time", and if he hadn't stopped the Grail in his actual lifetime, he'd be dead before he could become a hero.

tl;dr Archer comes from your heart.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Nate RFB posted:

No big surprise as there is pretty much no character more ineffectual than Diarmuid.

Hey, he took out Beserker's NP F-14 with a single strike. He was just cursed with a pair of lovely self-absorbed masters.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Diarmuid is basically destined for the Alleyway Alliance; he and Satsuki are a match made in heaven.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
From what I understand of the complaints about Shirou, it's less that they think he's a whiny teenager and more that they think he's a bland self-insert harem protagonist. Because, well, he does has a harem and the biggest characterization bit he's had so far is that he's too nice. Which is a fairly standard self-insert trait. It'll take pushing him to the point where "too nice" is more obviously a flaw to start seeing him as his own character.

As a tangent, I wonder what these people would think of Shiki, who really does have very little personality when he's not going crazy and stabbing chairs. For that matter, is he going to have a personality in the Tsukihime remake?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Shirou also tends to keep most of his real personality to himself. If he didn't, he'd be Archer. :v:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I dunno, I thought Shirou and Saber came off more as bros than romantic interest in this version, which I liked!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

MonsieurChoc posted:

I dunno, I thought Shirou and Saber came off more as bros than romantic interest in this version, which I liked!

I don't disagree with that, but from a VN perspective with branching paths it doesn't actually matter if they all love you in the same timeline. Just the fact that it's a possibility, along with being disproportionately surrounded by women, is enough to make it feel harem-esque.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Clarste posted:

From what I understand of the complaints about Shirou, it's less that they think he's a whiny teenager and more that they think he's a bland self-insert harem protagonist. Because, well, he does has a harem and the biggest characterization bit he's had so far is that he's too nice. Which is a fairly standard self-insert trait. It'll take pushing him to the point where "too nice" is more obviously a flaw to start seeing him as his own character.

As a tangent, I wonder what these people would think of Shiki, who really does have very little personality when he's not going crazy and stabbing chairs. For that matter, is he going to have a personality in the Tsukihime remake?

Nah, Shiki's got a personality and it's being a huge jerk AND being bug loving nuts.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Shirou isn't just too nice, he actively has traumatic flashbacks when people suggest to him that he should try smiling. The guy literally needs a trigger warning for happiness.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
Honestly having Avalon put in him which is slowly turning him into swords probably isn't doing much for the mentally stable thing.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It's actually not that bad. Sure, it rewrote the very center of his being but it's not like it switched it to something particularly unusual either.

His survivor's guilt, on the other hand, does a fine job all by itself.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Hey guys, quick question. Why do they f*ck with their servants in Fate stay night again? Was it to replenish mana, or was there another reason? Cheers.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

K. Flaps posted:

Hey guys, quick question. Why do they f*ck with their servants in Fate stay night again? Was it to replenish mana, or was there another reason? Cheers.

most servants are very sexy

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,

K. Flaps posted:

You look like you might be new, so I just want to let you know you don't have to censor yourself this forum. We don't loving care about curses here at SA :)

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

Shirou fucks Saber to restore mana since he's a poo poo tier mage.

He fucks Rin to form a contract so he can cast UBW, and then he fucks Sakura because Sakura is a wormslut.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

I would appreciate it if you didn't call Sakura a wormslut.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Scrree posted:

You look like you might be new, so I just want to let you know you don't have to censor yourself this forum. We don't loving care about curses here at SA :)

He has a 2012 regdate. :psyduck:

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Thanks guys.. So do other masters not gently caress their servants or what?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They do, probably.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

What a Master and Servant choose to do behind closed doors is none of your business.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I'd gently caress my servant if I was a master and the servant of necessary sexiness and consent... Just typing out what were all thinkin here.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

They do, probably.

Pretty sure most of them don't, actually, aside from Caster and Kuzuki. There's also a reasonable chance that Shinji rapes Rider, because "rapist" is pretty much his defining character trait.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

well they should

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

You really believe Kirei keeps Gilgamesh around with just a bunch of battery-children?

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
They totally bone, dude.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I honestly don't care.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

Please do not put up crude garbage like this in my territory.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Silver2195 posted:

Pretty sure most of them don't, actually, aside from Caster and Kuzuki. There's also a reasonable chance that Shinji rapes Rider, because "rapist" is pretty much his defining character trait.

What is it like being the embodiment of no fun.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Everyone go back to watching Carnival Phantasm.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Make me.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

K. Flaps posted:

Thanks guys.. So do other masters not gently caress their servants or what?

You will notice that the SUPERIOR mages in the SUPERIOR story of Fate/Zero didn't need to bone their servants. There was ZERO boning servants in Fate/Zero. Homunculi and emotionally distraught partner mercenaries, on the other hand...:heysexy:

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

AlternateNu posted:

You will notice that the SUPERIOR mages in the SUPERIOR story of Fate/Zero didn't need to bone their servants.

Much to Sola-Ui's disappointment.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Stall_19 posted:

Much to Sola-Ui's disappointment.

And Waver's.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Apparently Type-Moon Vocal is a thing:

Enuma Elish

Part of me really wants it to be true that his subjects would party hard occasionally singing rock-praises to their God-King.

The others I've found though aren't as good I feel, and there doesn't seem to be very many. :(

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Bholder posted:

You really believe Kirei keeps Gilgamesh around with just a bunch of battery-children?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

Apparently Type-Moon Vocal is a thing:

Enuma Elish

Part of me really wants it to be true that his subjects would party hard occasionally singing rock-praises to their God-King.

The others I've found though aren't as good I feel, and there doesn't seem to be very many. :(

How can you not love Unlimited Microsoft Sam Works? 40:36 on this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOzVUV2aYU8

And Aionion Hetairoi is still the best, but pretty much all of WAVE's stuff is great.