Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

JcDent posted:

gently caress it, I'm in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCXFLxCARRs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer
This Fumblicious-Bennytastic Brawl is due at 6:00am local or some such bullshit. Ima gonna put this here then go and sleep it off.

wordcount: 1398

The Cornfield Carnival

Once the trailers and trucks were parked, once the tents had been put up for the midnight performance, once the skies had darkened beyond twilight, the Human Torso and the Bearded Lady went for a walk in the cornfields that surrounded the carnival.

“Ah, the night skies of the country,” said the Human Torso. “In the city, the street lights obscure the natural ones above , but here you can revel in the inspirational brilliance of the stars.”

“You can,” agreed the Bearded Lady.

“Yet none inspire like you, sweetness,” said the Human Torso, leaning to kiss her perfect hand as it held his vestigial one. “I don’t have much, but when my mamma died, she left me something of hers.” The Human Torso looked bashfully at the ground, then lifted his eyes to look at her. “Now I want it to be yours.”

The Bearded Lady waited as he struggled to reach the pocket of his shorts. He contorted and wiggled, searching with his armless hand until he located and pulled out a small box. He offered it to the Bearded Lady, who accepted with a shy smile. Inside was a ring of brilliant gold, set with tiny, perfect diamonds.

“I hope you don’t mind if I forgo the one knee,” said the Human Torso. “I just want to say: Since you arrived here at the Carnival, I have enjoyed our times together, and I think you’ve enjoyed them too.”

“I have,” said the Bearded Lady.

“Good,” laughed the Human Torso. “But please, let me get this out. It seems like I’ve been searching for something my whole life. Don’t get me wrong, traveling with the Carnival, being a part of the carnival family, it’s been wonderful - laughs and whiskey and seeing the world. But when I talk to you I feel connected to something...bigger. Something unknown and wondrous. And I didn’t know I needed that until I met you. When we're together, I can see the whole sky.”

The Human Torso’s voice broke and his eyes shone in the starlight. “I never want to lose that. My dear, my sweet, my love - will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?”

“I will,” said the Bearded Lady, allowing the ring to placed on her finger, bringing his face to hers.

The corn moved with them, but there was no wind.

The little gods of the cornfield giggled amongst themselves and decided upon a wedding present.

The Bearded Lady woke with a start and lifted her head from the Human Torso’s chest. A cold night breeze chilled her bare arms and in the distance she heard the sounds of calliope music playing a wedding march. Startled, she checked her watch. Ten to midnight! She sprang to her feet and began to gather her scattered clothing.

The Human Torso opened one eye. “What is it, my sweet?” he asked, and then he, too, caught the sound of the carnival in the night air, whistles and screams and, oddly, Pachelbel’s Canon. He rolled over on his side and prepared to push himself up but something was trapped beneath his weight. He strained with his hand but wasn’t able to align his body properly and ended up with a face-full of dirt.

“A little help, my darling?”

He offered up his hand for her to pull, and was shocked to see it separate from his body and keep on moving, stopping two feet away.

“Your arm!” said the Bearded Lady

The Human Torso And Arm twisted his new appendage, bent it at the elbow, then brought his other arm up to marvel at the sight of them both in motion. He pushed at the ground to get himself upright and found further, painful resistance from his lower half.

“Your legs!” said the Bearded Lady.

She grabbed his hand and tried to pull him upright. It took a few tries to satisfactorily arrange his limbs but eventually the Human Torso Plus Arms And Legs stood on his own two feet, swaying in the chill, night breeze. Tall, muscular, naked save for ill-fitting shorts, and framed by a halo of carnival lights in the distance, he looked unsteadily at the ground that seemed so far away, and then toward his beloved.

“Your beard,” whispered the Human Torso, Now With Limbs.

The Beardless Lady clasped both hands to her face. She searched with her fingers, but found only the softness of her skin. The Human Torso With Unfamiliar Legs began to fall and she raced to catch him.

Together, with his arm around her for support, they made their way back to the carnival, following the notes of Signed, Sealed, Delivered on the calliope.

At the camp, chaos had broken out. The troop were not themselves at all. The Piebald Man was clearly distraught, painting half of his wholly white body with thick black paint. The Three-Legged Man was on the verge of tears, looking at an empty shoe, one trouser leg hanging vacant and limp. The Pinhead, her skull now perfectly ordinary, was reading a book in wide-eyed wonder, her lips and one finger moving as she traced the words that had eluded her all her life. The Lion-Faced Man looked aghast as his mane fell out in tufts. The Camel Girl had become fully camel, and spat when anyone approached. The Siamese Princesses were sitting on separate chairs, weeping and holding hands and Mr Invulnerable was alternating between pricking himself with a pin and emitting a mournful wail. Others moped, or sobbed, or prayed.

Most of the audience for the midnight show had left already in the wake of such a display. Latecomers took one look at the scene and walked, drove or rode away again. The proprietor of the carnival chased after a few of them, but he could not convince them to stay. He even approached the Human Torso And Other Parts and the Beardless Lady, mistaking them for paying customers. When he got close enough to realise his error, he threw his ringmaster’s hat onto the ground, and declared that they were all ruined. The calliope chimed in with a mournful version of “One Hand, One Heart”

The Human Torso Completed turned to the Beardless Lady. “My dear,” he said. “Remember the promises we made to each other in the cornfield. And this music! There must be a connection. Could our troth have brought a spell upon our family?”

“Could be,” said the Beardless Lady.

“Do you suppose that if we broke our vows, that we would all be healed of our new-found firmity?”

“Suppose so,” said the Beardless Lady.

“My own enchantress. I have given you my ring. It is yours to do with as you feel you must.”

The Beardless Lady observed the happiness in his eyes, heard the echoes of loneliness that still haunted him. She nodded silently and went into the camp. She spoke with the Half-Painted Man, The Two-Legged Man, The RoundHead, The Smooth-Shaven Man, The Two Common Girls From Inverness, Mr Vulnerable and all the others. She showed them her ring. She indicated the music of the calliope. And she asked for their blessing. She even placed two buckets before The Girl Camel and asked her to spit into the left for ‘Yes’ and the right for ‘No’.

When the vote was in, when the family had decided, the delighted little gods of the cornfield left another gift - a local map drawn on ancient paper, with the cornfields encircled in vibrant, orange ink, that fell unexpectedly from the RoundHead’s book..

The next morning, the tents were packed away and the trailers and trucks were loaded up and put into motion. Not a word was spoken amongst the carnies as the convoy started out. Every member of the troop was deep in silent thought.

When the cornfields finally disappeared from view, the Beardless Lady was staring out the window of one truck, rubbing a gold-ringed finger against her cheek. Perhaps she was imagining things, but it felt a little rough. She kissed her fiancé sitting beside her, whose feet were beginning to dangle from the bench-seat of the truck.

“I love you,” said the Bearded Lady to the Human Torso

Miles behind them, The RoundHead with the perfect skull lay back amongst the ears of corn and read happily of little gods and the games they loved to play.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
I too want to write the big funny words.

In.

painted bird
Oct 18, 2013

by Lowtax
I love song prompts. I'm in.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

I need to improve after this last showing. Count me In.

Auraboks
Mar 24, 2013

...huh?
In.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Benny missed his :toxx: deadline. Ban him.

Also, I am in this week's bad prompt with :toxx:, which I forgot to mention on my signup.

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer

Benny the Snake posted:

*sniff sniff* I SMELL BLOOD! SOMEBODY BRAWL ME, TOO! :twisted:

Fumblemouse posted:

I am on a downward spiral into writers plot block and I will still kick your pathetic, whining arse with something I wrote while busy accomplishing unexpected levels of real world poo poo. Bring it, bitchcakes.

Benny the Snake posted:

Let's dance, motherfucker! *opens swithcblade* :toxx:

Tyrannosaurus, oblige us!

Tyrannosaurus posted:

:siren: FUMBLENNY FUNTIME BRAWL :siren:

Benny the Snake. Fumblemouse.

I want a story about a catastrophe at either an amusement park or at a carnival. No one is allowed to die. No rides are allowed to break.

1400 words. Due November 25th at noon est.

Benny the Snake posted:

...a complete lack of story here by November 25th, noon EST.

Oh, Benny. A better mouse would show mercy, but you brought this on yourself.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

oh no benny your blood lust was too lusty and not enough bloody

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Oooooooooh gently caress. I thought it was due Wednesday, not Tuesday...

Fumblemouse and Tyrannosaurus, I apologize. I have no excuse. I didn't bother double-checking the due date. I accept my defeat and my punishment for missing the :toxx:. May the mods and the 'Dome have mercy on my soul.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Benny the Snake posted:

Oooooooooh gently caress. I thought it was due Wednesday, not Tuesday...

Fumblemouse and Tyrannosaurus, I apologize. I have no excuse. I didn't bother double-checking the due date. I accept my defeat and my punishment for missing the :toxx:. May the mods and the 'Dome have mercy on my soul.

that seems unlikely

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

No mercy, we want a ban

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

classic benny "it's not really my fault but i accept full responsibility but also hope i don't have to face any consequences." good times.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

God Of Paradise posted:

I too want to write the big funny words.

In.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZBKFoeDKJo

chthonic bell posted:

I love song prompts. I'm in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXSigAgdw5U

J.A.B.C. posted:

I need to improve after this last showing. Count me In.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eab_beh07HU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0HTXLOjVgg

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

scene from mad max 3: beyond the thunderdome

sebmojo: two men, hand to hand. no jury, no appeal, no parole.

sitting here: two men enter, one man leaves.

fumblemouse: weapons?

sebmojo: anything's possible. chance decides. *in gruff as gently caress voice* thunderdomeeeeeeeeee *voice gets even gruffer as seb adds in a lot of vocal fry at the end*

fumblemouse: how do I get in there?

sitting here: that's easy. pick a fight. *benny walks up and shoves fumblemouse for no reason*

cut to next scene: a dumb looking benny is shaking and roaring in the dirt like a dumbass

sebmojo: prepare! two men enter, one man leaves! benny has fallen over and won't get back up! he has lost!

crabrock: you know the law!

baudolino: this is thunderdome!

jonked: kill him!

kaishai: no, no! look at his face! *everyone looks at benny's dumb looking face* he's got the mind of a child.

*the agitated crowd softens. clenched and raised fists slump down. the crowd looks at each other, ashamed of their bloodlust. even fumblemouse hangs his head in shame at having defeated so inept and dumbass an opponent*

systran: kill that loving retard! kill him before thanksgiving break god damnit! this is the thunderdome!

Your Sledgehammer
May 10, 2010

Don`t fall asleep, you gotta write for THUNDERDOME
If Benny is so keen to brawl, I say let him brawl. For the next three weeks, let's allow the loser take on Benny in a little 250 word micro contest for the chance to hang the dunce cap on Benny's head instead.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

systran posted:

I honestly enjoyed that more than many of the submissions I've read here.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Your Sledgehammer posted:

If Benny is so keen to brawl, I say let him brawl. For the next three weeks, let's allow the loser take on Benny in a little 250 word micro contest for the chance to hang the dunce cap on Benny's head instead.
I'm just waiting for the hangman's noose. I don't think I'm in any position to brawl anybody, period.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Hm, what does it say about us that Kaishai, a murderous robot most foul, is often portrayed as the voice of reason amongst us?

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

Benny the Snake posted:

I'm just waiting for the hangman's noose. I don't think I'm in any position to brawl anybody, period.

Post your drat story and face the noose with pride you mongrel!

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

Most excellent.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

Hammer Bro. posted:

I honestly enjoyed that more than any of the submissions I've read here.

same

Corn Syrup
Feb 6, 2006
I'm in.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

systran posted:

sebmojo: two men, hand to hand. no jury, no appeal, no parole.

sitting here: two men enter, one man leaves.

fumblemouse: weapons?

sebmojo: anything's possible. chance decides. *in gruff as gently caress voice* thunderdomeeeeeeeeee *voice gets even gruffer as seb adds in a lot of vocal fry at the end*

fumblemouse: how do I get in there?

sitting here: that's easy. pick a fight. *benny walks up and shoves fumblemouse for no reason*

cut to next scene: a dumb looking benny is shaking and roaring in the dirt like a dumbass

sebmojo: prepare! two men enter, one man leaves! benny has fallen over and won't get back up! he has lost!

crabrock: you know the law!

baudolino: this is thunderdome!

jonked: kill him!

kaishai: no, no! look at his face! *everyone looks at benny's dumb looking face* he's got the mind of a child.

*the agitated crowd softens. clenched and raised fists slump down. the crowd looks at each other, ashamed of their bloodlust. even fumblemouse hangs his head in shame at having defeated so inept and dumbass an opponent*

systran: kill that loving retard! kill him before thanksgiving break god damnit! this is the thunderdome!

gently caress it, everyone go home, there is no winner this week if not this

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003
I think I'll try to do crits of first time domers when I can.

So here is a crit of Head Space by Pete Zah.

The first line of this just about made me vomit. I was scared of what i was about to read. There at least two redundancies within the first two sentences, and I think there would be a third if I understood what a polygonagal thingamabob was.

I actually think I understand what you're trying to do here, juxtaposing the technical jargon of the first sentence against the mundane reality of the subsequent one. The execution is just abysmal though. There is no excuse for "lying supine" or "surrounds and encapsulates".

After that I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the writing. It was clear and easy to read, and there were very few spots that I found clunky.

Characterization of the protagonist was somewhat developed, but developed in a way that made me hate him. He was basically a sad lump who didn't do anything. The only decision he seems to make, to take a walk, is borne from indecision and apathy.

This is something I struggle with in my writing, and I see other similarities between this story and some of my pieces. I find it hard to have my characters do stuff, rather than have stuff done to them.

The characterization of Teddy was poor, I didn't get an idea of him apart form "random colleague/friend". Actually at the very end I did, as he was the only person who did anything, but it's no good establishing character only through a single action.

This brings me to my biggest issue, which is the disconnect between the end of the story and the setup. I didn't understand what relevance the trip up the water tower had to Arthur's problem. Was it going to help get his creative juices flowing? That seems pretty weak. I liked the idea of squashing the buildings with their fingers- that made a lot more sense to me. This bit would have made more sense to me if it were part of a novel- it wasn't meaningful enough in itself to carry the story.

Yay: Well written
Nay: Chump protagonist, loose plot, outrageously terrible first line

newtestleper fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 26, 2014

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w7ZeSIC6K0

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003
I'm dum

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Cut off one head, two more will form! HAIL HYDRA!

Better late than never, here's my Fumblemouse brawl story.

quote:

Untitled
1366 words

“Jhon, how much longer?” my little sister whines in the backseat.

“Not much longer,” I tell her as I pull off the freeway and into downtown Anaheim. “Just be patient.”

“Why do I have to wear this stupid blindfold?” She asks and starts fidgeting.

“Don’t take it off or you’ll ruin the surprise.”

“Mom says that it’s wrong to play hooky.”

“Lis, let’s not talk about mom right now,” I ask her. “I’m in a good mood, don’t ruin it for me.”

“This had better be good,” she grumbles and crosses her arms.

“Oh, you’ll see," I say and smile to myself I turn off the radio. Something about a suspected child predator roaming the city.

"Okay, you can take it off now.”

Lisa takes the blindfold off and her eyes go big. We’re standing right outside the entrance of Disneyland with Sleeping Beauty Castle looming overhead and Mainstreet USA right behind the gates.

“Omigod, omigod, OMIGOD!” Lisa squeals in delight.

“Happy 10th birthday, Lis,” I smile.

“Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!” she shouts and wraps her arms around me in a big hug.

“You’re welcome,” I say and hug her back. “Now let’s get inside.”

I’ve always felt slightly uneasy inside Disneyland, even as a kid. Maybe it’s the people wearing the mascot costumes with the big heads, thinking about how uncomfortable it must be to do that in the oppressive Southern California heat. Maybe it’s how miserable the Disney princesses look underneath all that makeup and glitter. Or maybe it’s because Disney is the Evil Empire. Lisa, though, is having a blast, screaming with joy and running up and down the streets, singing “Let it Go at the top of her lungs. “Let it go, let it goooooo…”

“Can’t hold it back anymooooore…” I sing along with her.

“Let it go, let it go,” a third person joins us.

“Elllllsaaaaa!” Lisa screams and rushes over to the cast member dressed like the Frozen heroine. She looks so much like her that it’s a bit uncanny, actually. Elsa bends down and gives her a bear hug. “How are you, honey?”

“Today’s my birthday!” she screams at the top of her lungs.

“Well, happy birthday, then!” Elsa smiles. “What’s your name?”

“Lisa!”

“Well Lisa, you’re princess for a day!”

I pulled out my phone and gesture for a picture. Elsa nods and kneelsdown to Lisa’s level. “Smile!” she calls out as I snap a pic.

The next few hours are nothing but rides, pictures, and lots of merchandise. While browsing around, Lisa begs for a Elsa costume. I can’t say no to her, so a moment later she’s now dressed like Elsa with her street clothes in a bag.

“So how’s school?” I ask as we sit down for lunch at Trader Sam's.

“Good,” she says halfway through her ice cream sundae. “I’m doing really well in math, actually.”

“That’s good. How are things at home?"

"Mom started drinking again," she says crestfallen and stops eating

I bite my bottom lip. "Hey, wanna get on the Dumbo ride after lunch?"

I sit on the bench outside the Dumbo ride and watch Lisa. "Don't you wish you were like her, without a care in the world?"

I look next to me. "Elsa?"

"Only when I'm on the clock," she says and pulls an e-cigarette out from her pocket. She looks at me and I shrug.

"You look the furthest thing from Elsa right now," I tell her as she vapes away. Last time I checked, short red hair, piercings, and sleeve tattoos weren't standard Disney Princess fair, anyway.

"That's the magic of Disney," she says sarcastically and blows a puff of vapor out. "I wish I still believed in Disney like her," she motions towards my sister. Lisa's got her hands in the air, screaming at the top of her lungs, having the time of her life.

"You mean before all the bad direct-to-DVD sequels and the godawful live-action films?" I ask.

'Elsa' nods. "I got the job when I still believed that Disneyland was the promised land. Now..." she trails off with a wistful look on her face.

"Mmm," I respond, wishing I had something better to say.

"That Elsa costume is expensive. Is she your daughter or something?"

"She's my half-sister."

"Oh," she says as her eyes widen. "I didn't know."

I shrug. "Mom's fallen off the wagon again, so I make sure to spoil my sister as often as I can."

'Elsa' smiles. "You're such a good older brother."

I nod. "I try to be. For her sake."

I see the ride winding down. "You wanna trade numbers?" I ask.

"Sure," she says and pulls out he phone.

"Your name's not Elsa, is it?"

"It's Anna," she says and gives me her number as I give her mine. "Is your name J-O-H-N or J-O-N?"

"J-H-O-N," I respond. Anna gives me a look. "Mom didn't want a junior."

"Your mom is such a bitch."

"Don't I know it," I say as the ride finally stops. "Nice meeting you."

"You too."

I get up and look for Lisa in the crowd of other riders. I don't see her. My first instinct is to panic. I set that aside and call out her name instead. Nothing. Okay, Jhon. Calm yourself. Maybe she wandered off. I look in the immediate area around the ride but I don't see her. I flag down a security guard. "What is it?" he asks.

"I lost my little sister."

He pulls out a notepad and pen. "Describe her."

"Her name's Lisa Robles. She just turned ten, and she's like, four-four, four-six?" I tell him. "She has brown hair, brown eyes, and dark skin. She has a small scar on the right side of her face..."

I trail off. I gave her that scar. I was practicing wrestling moves on her when I suddenly dropped her on the floor, splitting her cheek open. Oh God.

"What is she wearing?" he asked.

I'm suddenly aware how I'm still carrying her street clothes in a bag. "An Elsa costume."

The rent-a-cop repeated the details into his radio. "We'll keep an eye out for a girl matching your description. Just stay put and we'll find her."

"Why aren't you getting the police involved? She could be outside the park!" I shout at him in exasperation.

"Son, procedures state that we contact Anaheim PD only after six hours have passed," he says. "It's barely been an hour. Just stay put and keep calm."

I nod, trying my best to look calm. Inside I'm screaming all sorts of obscenities at him.

An hour later and I'm still sitting on that same bench facing the Dumbo ride. I'm checking my phone every drat minute and now my phone's almost dead. Lisa doesn't have a phone. Mom was spending too much money on her habit to afford a cellphone for Lisa. Who she called in front of the courts, "the most important person in my life." Two-faced drunken bitch. She was spending all the alimony money on herself. I actually had to get Lisa school clothes and supplies out of my own pocket one time. Mom claimed that the rent was raised. The liar. I knew she was bilking money from me for booze, but I was smart enough not to give it to her. I instead got Lisa the things she needed. I hate my mom. At no other point in my life so far have I ever had so much hate for her. The next time I see her, I'm going to grab the bottle of vodka right out of her hand and smash it against her loving face. I realize the kind of thoughts I'm having and I start crying. I failed her. I failed my little sister.

“Sir?” I heard someone ask. I looked up at a security guard. “Someone wants to see you.”

There she was next to him, still in her Elsa costume. “Jhon!” she screamed.

“Lisa!”

I ran up and held her in my arms. “Jhon, you’re choking me,” she gasped.

I loosened my grip. “I’m sorry, Jhon. I wandered off and-”

“It’s okay,” I said and cried. “It’s okay.”

Oh and Sitting Here, I need to get back on that loving horse! Hit me!

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Yo there's a thing happening next month. Not affiliated with Thunderdome, but I'm throwing the link down around the place.

The more people sign up the angrier I will get at everybody.

Kaishai
Nov 3, 2010

Scoffing at modernity.
In.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPnBrK6D26g

Benny the Snake posted:

Cut off one head, two more will form! HAIL HYDRA!

Oh and Sitting Here, I need to get back on that loving horse! Hit me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIwBxr61bkw

I'm going to get a little unconventional here and give you the same song as Crabrock, because it's my absolute favorite and I suspect you'll both do cool but different things with it. Caprice is the privilege of the judges, after all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BLyXRPl1aE

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
:siren: Who wants a chance to choose their destiny? :siren:

edit: destiny is currently out of stock

Sitting Here fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Nov 26, 2014

Anathema Device
Dec 22, 2009

by Ion Helmet

Sitting Here posted:

For those who are tired of playing TD on babby mode, here are two song choices that (in my opinion) will be harder to write stories about this week. The first two people who grab them can have them. If you already have a song and would like to switch to one these challenge songs, that's fine too.

He Gives Speeches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct21c8xh6AE

I'll take He Gives Speeches. In. With a :toxx:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Dr. Kloctopussy
Apr 22, 2003

"It's time....to DIE!"

Sitting Here posted:

For those who are tired of playing TD on babby mode, here are two song choices that (in my opinion) will be harder to write stories about this week. The first two people who grab them can have them. If you already have a song and would like to switch to one these challenge songs, that's fine too.

Kokomo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP07Oyr7enQ

He Gives Speeches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct21c8xh6AE

In with Kokomo.

Edit: Look what you made me do.

Cacto
Jan 29, 2009
I have some spare time in the next few days. I'll crit something in depth if anyone's interested.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

A question about the story: can one of the people in it at least be driving a car? The story isn't focused on the car, or about the car, or will have any twists or story relevance connected to the car.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Sorry domer, they're going to have ride a bike or something.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

J.A.B.C. posted:

A question about the story: can one of the people in it at least be driving a car? The story isn't focused on the car, or about the car, or will have any twists or story relevance connected to the car.

I should have clarified this a little better. I don't want stories that play to the Cars 'n Girls trope. Cars can physically be in the story, but you can't have a story about two hooligans trying to impress a girl by racing their T-Birds to Makeout Cliff, or whatever.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Sitting Here posted:

I should have clarified this a little better. I don't want stories that play to the Cars 'n Girls trope. Cars can physically be in the story, but you can't have a story about two hooligans trying to impress a girl by racing their T-Birds to Makeout Cliff, or whatever.

Thanks for the clarification.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

What about two young space sports varsity players racing their T-ship2000s through the makeout nebula?

• Locked thread